B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 250.
#1301 7 years ago

as someone who doesn't know how this game truly plays - can someone quickly recap what all of the complaining about is with modes (or being forced to replay the same ones over and over and not seeing all of them)?

#1302 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Don't forget to buy your assortment of GB t-shirts.
amazon.com link »

No way.

#1303 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

as someone who doesn't know how this game truly plays - can someone quickly recap what all of the complaining about is with modes (or being forced to replay the same ones over and over and not seeing all of them)?

Modes are sorted into ladders. There's a total of 3 ladders in the game containing 2, 3 and 4 modes respectively. You can work on any ladder during the game but you do need to clear the bottom tears in a ladder before you can move up. You don't need to complete a ladder before beginning another so you can jump back and forth. The big complaint seems to be it's a hard game so you see the lower tears way more often than the higher.

#1304 7 years ago

At least there are ladder. SST has one progression, linear through tha planets. And it's not really a big complaint. Two people keep brining it up. And everyone dis regards them. And then they bring it up. I understand every game isn't for everyone. The good part for these ops, the game should be easy to resell and not loose your shirt.

#1305 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I still have time to cancel my order....if I don't have one on order, I'll have no reason to have an opinion about it anymore....then I'll vanish in the wind..

Then please for everyones sake cancel your order and dissappear .They arn't going to change the rules and linear ladder progression just for you.

#1306 7 years ago

I'm still 100% in, but I'd like to see the linear progression go away as well. The game would be a lot more fun IMO with modes being a bit more randomized (like something as simple as pop hits changing which mode is lit), so that there's more variety from game to game.

#1307 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I'm still 100% in, but I'd like to see the linear progression go away as well. The game would be a lot more fun IMO with modes being a bit more randomized (like something as simple as pop hits changing which mode is lit), so that there's more variety from game to game.

I have a Premium on order and have spent quite a bit of time playing the Pro. I'd classify myself as an intermediate player and I quite like the linear progression and the fact that it makes you complete the modes as it challenges me to play better; however, I have friends who enjoy playing pinball but would struggle to complete modes to advance.

I'm not certain that randomizing the modes is the best solution given that they currently play in chronological order in terms of the events of the film; I do however agree with Rarehero's opinion that there should be a setting that allows for the modes to be advanced without completion so that less skilled players have a chance of seeing modes further up the ladder. I hope Stern do consider adding this option in a code update.

#1308 7 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Modes are sorted into ladders. There's a total of 3 ladders in the game containing 2, 3 and 4 modes respectively. You can work on any ladder during the game but you do need to clear the bottom tears in a ladder before you can move up. You don't need to complete a ladder before beginning another so you can jump back and forth. The big complaint seems to be it's a hard game so you see the lower tears way more often than the higher.

OK - thanks for the explanation. I actually like that modes need to be completed to advance but making them occur randomly would prob be the better choice. It's like Jurassic Park where the first mode was always X and now with the updated code it's random.

I'm getting the GB itch. The theme alone sold me and it seems like the gameplay is holding up.

#1309 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK - thanks for the explanation. I actually like that modes need to be completed to advance but making them occur randomly would prob be the better choice. It's like Jurassic Park where the first mode was always X and now with the updated code it's random.
I'm getting the GB itch. The theme alone sold me and it seems like the gameplay is holding up.

There's no need to randomize them, because you have 3 ladders to choose from. Also, they get progressively harder, so having them out of order would be odd and punish novice players.

#1310 7 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I have a Premium on order and have spent quite a bit of time playing the Pro. I'd classify myself as an intermediate player and I quite like the linear progression and the fact that it makes you complete the modes as it challenges me to play better; however, I have friends who enjoy playing pinball but would struggle to complete modes to advance.
I'm not certain that randomizing the modes is the best solution given that they currently play in chronological order in terms of the events of the film; I do however agree with Rarehero's opinion that there should be a setting that allows for the modes to be advanced without completion so that less skilled players have a chance of seeing modes further up the ladder. I hope Stern do consider adding this option in a code update.

Good points. I totally agree.

#1311 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

There's no need to randomize them, because you have 3 ladders to choose from. Also, they get progressively harder, so having them out of order would be odd and punish novice players.

Exactly what I was going to write. Each mode does seem progressively harder as you move up the ladder. Hard to believe that this would be modified in any way.

#1312 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The difference is that in JP the modes aren't in chronological order. You can't randomize the GB modes. They follow the progression of the movie. How can you get do the ballroom before "We Got One"? Also, how can you do Stay Puft before the end? Three ladders allows for variety, unlike JP where there is only one ladder.

#1313 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

The difference is that in JP the modes aren't in chronological order. You can't randomize the GB modes. They follow the progression of the movie. How can you get do the ballroom before "We Got One"? Also, how can you do Stay Puft before the end? Three ladders allows for variety, unlike JP where there is only one ladder.

Every movie game ever has modes based on movie story points, yet can be played randomly. It's always worked for pinball before, no one ever complained. I've never seen someone wish that the LOTR mode progression followed the films in a linear way.

#1314 7 years ago

Got my GBLE and was worried about linear mode progression. Since you are able to select your own ladder right from the plunge via skill shot, its a non-issue. Randomizing the modes just doesnt make sense the more I play it. I love it the way it is. Now, if you didn't have an easy way to start difference scene/mode ladders- I would get the problem. Its a tough game and its only a few shots to get past the first modes anyway.

#1315 7 years ago

Had an insane game on my LE last night! 2.6 billion! I would certainly not consider myself a good player so I have no clue how I racked up a score this big. I had two friends over last night that were seeing the game for the first time and I really wanted them to see multiball so my goal all night was to get a multiball while they were over. I was on my last game of the night and I finally made it to multiball. I ended up with reversed flippers (which caused me to drain one right away) but I kept the others alive for a decent amount of time. I've only had multiball a few times in GBLE and I think I've only had reverse flippers once or twice before and I always drain very fast.

The rest of the game is pretty fuzzy to me because all I cared about was showing these guys multiball but I think I ended up with some crazy bonus multiplier of like 17x that was held over which by itself beat out my previous high score of 178 million. I think I also managed to get an extra ball that round too. All I know is that kind of game probably won't happen for me again anytime soon.

Oh, everything is factory by the way. Factory settings, factory (medium) outlanes, 6.5 pitch. The only non factory settings are free play and I have the shaker motor turned down because that baby THUMPS. Especially since it's on a second floor!

Needless to say, I love this game even more. My friends got a big kick out of the magnet slings.

gb_(resized).jpggb_(resized).jpg

#1316 7 years ago

Taking a wild guess I assume a lot of your score came from bonus. That's how my one big game was. Bonus held for three balls and I got massive points from bonus. Great game!

#1317 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Taking a wild guess I assume a lot of your score came from bonus. That's how my one big game was. Bonus held for three balls and I got massive points from bonus. Great game!

Bonus, and playfield multipliers during PKE Frenzy can make your score jump like crazy without you noticing.

#1318 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

All good points guys. I agree it wouldn't make sense.

#1319 7 years ago

Hi guys, I've got the GB pro and I'm finding the left ramp diverter is not engaging. I can see during the test it doesn't quite pull the diverter enough to cause the metal to reach the magnet. Any ideas on how to fix this? Total rookie here so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

#1320 7 years ago

It says that recomended pitch level is 6.5-7°
Does anyone know where the bubble should be ?
Here is a pic of mine.

20160727_204954_(resized).jpg20160727_204954_(resized).jpg

#1321 7 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Here is a pic of mine.

You're pretty flat, like 5 there. 6.5 should have the bubble centered, and 7-7.5 should have the bubble on or crossing the upper line.

#1322 7 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Hi guys, I've got the GB pro and I'm finding the left ramp diverter is not engaging. I can see during the test it doesn't quite pull the diverter enough to cause the metal to reach the magnet. Any ideas on how to fix this? Total rookie here so any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Ok I was able to figure it out and for any other rookies like me with the same issue. I was able to turn the top of the screw that adjusts the flap without removing anything by just gripping the head of the screw with needle nose pliers and making a couple rotations. Hope this helps someone!

IMG_20160729_134730830_(resized).jpgIMG_20160729_134730830_(resized).jpg

#1324 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

In PKE frenzy, am I just trying to hit that right ramp as much as I can?

Chuck are you gonna pick one up or just player location/friends house?

#1325 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Chuck are you gonna pick one up or just player location/friends house?

Location for now buddy. I'm gonna hold off getting more games until I move. Probably next summer. It will only be location as I don't think any pinheads I hang with bought one.

#1326 7 years ago

Well of course...need more house room to buy more games...we've all been there

#1327 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well of course...need more house room to buy more games...we've all been there

Yes sir. That and I don't feel like moving 20 games to a new house haha. I'm picking up a nice odds and evens from my uncle later this summer and that will be it.

Pretty excited to hopefully find a badass basement to make a proper game room.

#1328 7 years ago

Question: I understand the pinball life kit creates a post to block the center lane a bit... What does the outlane portion do? Does it just make the ramps higher or does it also discourage the ball from going in the outline so often?

Lastly - is it a good idea to put the extra ball in the cradle or is the wire bending not as widespread as people say?

#1329 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes sir. That and I don't feel like moving 20 games to a new house haha. I'm picking up a nice odds and evens from my uncle later this summer and that will be it.
Pretty excited to hopefully find a badass basement to make a proper game room.

How big a game room ya lookin for?

#1330 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How big a game room ya lookin for?

Hard to say the square footage, but it'll have room for 12-15 pins, mostly along one wall, 6-8 person bar area, and an area for the couches and TV. Also I want an area I can have off the main area of the basement as a work shop. Nothing too crazy, but it'll be awesome. Been saving up all kinds of ideas I've gotten from everyone here. Haha

#1331 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

You're pretty flat, like 5 there. 6.5 should have the bubble centered, and 7-7.5 should have the bubble on or crossing the upper line.

Thanks

#1332 7 years ago

Weird request but does anyone have a spare Stern Flyer for the LE machine spare?
I didn't visit any of the shows this year so I doubt I'll pick one up in person,

Just hoping someone has one more, turned into a little tradition for me and have to have one for all my games

#1333 7 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Weird request but does anyone have a spare Stern Flyer for the LE machine spare?
I didn't visit any of the shows this year so I doubt I'll pick one up in person,
Just hoping someone has one more, turned into a little tradition for me and have to have one for all my games

http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=Ghostbusters+LE+flyer+

#1334 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Every movie game ever has modes based on movie story points, yet can be played randomly.

Oh crap. I must have missed a software update on STLE and Spiderman.

#1335 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You. Still. Don't. Get. It.
There's a difference between CHALLENGE and REPETITION.
I've never seen Valinor in LOTR. Doesn't bother me.
I've never seen Encore in AC/DC. Doesn't bother me.
I've never seen Sperm Attack in Family Guy. Doesn't bother me.
Wizard modes are SUPPOSED to be relatively unattainable. Regular story based modes are NOT.
Doesn't GB have 3 Wiz modes? (We Came We Saw, Are You A God, We're Ready to Believe You). I don't care if I'm not good enough to get to the wizard modes. I care that I have to see "We Got One" 6000 times and not the other modes.
LOTR doesn't make me replay and complete a mode before being able to choose a different one.
My issue is LINEARITY and REPETITION (and cheap airball huge-gap bullshit) ....NOT CHALLENGE.

at all times you have three modes to pick from. It's not a problem once you actually PLAY the game.

#1336 7 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Oh crap. I must have missed a software update on STLE and Spiderman.

ST has mini 3-deep ladders and 6 to chose from at any given mode start. Like GB, I do not like the modes that force replay and completion....but it's a bit more varied than GB.

Spider-Man has random modes. All the white arrow modes - pops change what order they're lit, and you aren't forced to complete them. If you win, you get a shot multiplier, if you time or or drain, you're onto the next mode. No one has ever had an issue with the villain modes being sequential since you can stack them with each other and white modes - and again, no repetitive replays.

#1337 7 years ago

So anyone actually "Got one!!!" recently?

#1338 7 years ago

I am having an issue with the ball hitting Stay Puft when launched. I followed some advice and swapped the orange plunger spring with a green plunger spring. I was told that fixed the issue. I am still having the issue, in fact the ball will NEVER smoothly orbit if plunged at full strength. Sometimes it will hit and not follow through, other times it will follow through but not smoothly.

Any more suggestions?

#1339 7 years ago

Maybe try and figure out with a buddy where exactly it is hitting stay puft, then adjust the big guy himself?

#1340 7 years ago

Yeah that will be my next step. As soon as I mentioned it before I was told to change the spring. That fixed the issue for others but not for me. I will be looking at adjusting him next.

#1341 7 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Yeah that will be my next step. As soon as I mentioned it before I was told to change the spring. That fixed the issue for others but not for me. I will be looking at adjusting him next.

Sounds like TF - the ball would fly up and hit Ironhide. That's what happens when the launch lane is a ramp and has no "roof" type plastic to block it from flying up.

#1342 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

ST has mini 3-deep ladders and 6 to chose from at any given mode start. Like GB, I do not like the modes that force replay and completion....but it's a bit more varied than GB.
Spider-Man has random modes. All the white arrow modes - pops change what order they're lit, and you aren't forced to complete them. If you win, you get a shot multiplier, if you time or or drain, you're onto the next mode. No one has ever had an issue with the villain modes being sequential since you can stack them with each other and white modes - and again, no repetitive replays.

Each to their own as far as likes and opinions. GB rules are fine and unique compared to the vast number of non sequential games out there. Lots to choose and buy from. Now I have games like TZ etc that are non sequential or have played Sterns where stacking etc can occur. To me its like having your wife telling you to put out the garbage, the kids wanting your attention, and the dog shitting on your lounge room floor all at the same time. Doing all these tasks at once means a half ass attempt at all. Same with non sequential games. Get several modes going, flip like hell at nothing and hope to stay alive until you get another series of modes running at once. Really no real need to aim for shots is there, just don't lose the ball. Another way to view sequential games is to watch 5 tv's at once imo.

#1343 7 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

To me its like having your wife telling you to put out the garbage, the kids wanting your attention, and the dog shitting on your lounge room floor all at the same time..

Have you considered divorce?

#1344 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Have you considered divorce?

Many times lol

#1345 7 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Each to their own as far as likes and opinions. GB rules are fine and unique compared to the vast number of non sequential games out there. Lots to choose and buy from. Now I have games like TZ etc that are non sequential or have played Sterns where stacking etc can occur. To me its like having your wife telling you to put out the garbage, the kids wanting your attention, and the dog shitting on your lounge room floor all at the same time. Doing all these tasks at once means a half ass attempt at all. Same with non sequential games. Get several modes going, flip like hell at nothing and hope to stay alive until you get another series of modes running at once. Really no real need to aim for shots is there, just don't lose the ball. Another way to view sequential games is to watch 5 tv's at once imo.

My issue with GB isn't so much the sequence but the repetition of the same mode per game. I'll defend Road Show all day long from the people who say it sucks due to linearity. Sure, RS is somewhat linear but you don't have to do the same city 2 or 3 times in a row.

#1346 7 years ago

Please please please. Stop the useless debate about the ladder vs random. I like ladder because it slowly gets harder. It's the way the game is written. I don't like the random aspect because ther makes no sense as to what's going on. Some newer sterns I have had the discussion. How did you do that? Don't know just kept hitting the ball that way.

So please if you don't like the game don't buy it. If you want to play and see I'm sure you'll get your money back if went for sale quickly. Just don't be one of those people with under 300 plays and huo for sale "didn't like the game". That's like drivin around the block and selling your car.
As an example of non issues. I don't hear any more bitching about magna slings or need for carrot flippers. If you think it drains a lot play space invaders.

#1347 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Please please please. Stop the useless debate about the ladder vs random. I like ladder because it slowly gets harder. It's the way the game is written. I don't like the random aspect because ther makes no sense as to what's going on. Some newer sterns I have had the discussion. How did you do that? Don't know just kept hitting the ball that way.
So please if you don't like the game don't buy it. If you want to play and see I'm sure you'll get your money back if went for sale quickly. Just don't be one of those people with under 300 plays and huo for sale "didn't like the game". That's like drivin around the block and selling your car.
As an example of non issues. I don't hear any more bitching about magna slings or need for carrot flippers. If you think it drains a lot play space invaders.

Is IT?!

#1348 7 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Here is a pic of mine.

Every ghostbusters owner better buy a right side cliffy protector. You can see in this picture a little white spot that is where the wood pushed down away from the clear coat. Its on its way to getting bad.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/balleject/RtEject1.JPG

#1349 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Every ghostbusters owner better buy a right side cliffy protector. You can see in this picture a little white spot that is where the wood pushed down away from the clear coat. Its on its way to getting bad.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/balleject/RtEject1.JPG

Or put Mylar there.

#1350 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or put Mylar there.

Mylar doesnt help with the wood pushing down away from the clear. The ball ejects so hard into the lane the wood dents in really qickly and the clear can only bend so far until it separates from the wood.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/27?hl=junglist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.