B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 250.
#1251 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This game is different and I like that it forces you to do things that games normally don't do. This game is hard. It's supposed to be hard.
Also from what I've seen, if you start a mode and complete it, that ladder is unlocked and the next mode can be started by simply hitting that shot again. Don't complete the mode you have to work to get it lit again.
Of course the game could use some tweaks and it will get some. Not sure about the mode structure being changed, but it will get some tweaks.

Having to play through the first levels over and over gets old after 3 months, they're all too easy and so similar that it's basically filler. It would be more fun if they were random instead of having to go in order. Also I'm sure other people have scored big on the modes, but my high score of 3+ billion came mainly from super loopers, PKE frenzy and MB's, which probably accounted for 90% of the score. The GC score is 5+ billion and that came mostly from PKE frenzy and MB's. I'll go through the modes to mix things up, but you can score in the billions without completing any of them which seems odd and makes the game feel disjointed.

#1252 7 years ago
Quoted from fugene:

I'll go through the modes to mix things up, but you can score in the billions without completing any of them which seems odd and makes the game feel disjointed.

When chasing score, most pinball machines aren't played to experience the game fully. Something like TAF is best played by hammering ramps nonstop or starting modes and never playing them, just starting them to advance to Tour the Mansion. In AC/DC you have no real encouragement to play all the songs, but rather one or two situational song changes.

I get what you're saying though. It's just a rare thing that maximum score is tied to natural game progression or full game completion without skipping/timing out stuff.

Edit: But yeah, PKE Frenzy is CRAZY lucrative. If you can roll a playfield multiplier into PKE Frenzy and nail that right ramp a few times...it adds up real fast.

#1253 7 years ago

In PKE frenzy, am I just trying to hit that right ramp as much as I can?

#1254 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

In PKE frenzy, am I just trying to hit that right ramp as much as I can?

Your jackpot multiplier diminishes over time, but can be amped up with switch hits. Nail the spinner about once every 10 seconds to max out your multiplier quickly and then go back to hitting the right ramp.

#1255 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Your jackpot multiplier diminishes over time, but can be amped up with switch hits. Nail the spinner about once every 10 seconds to max out your multiplier quickly and then go back to hitting the right ramp.

Cool. Thanks!

#1256 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm going to cross post this across the GB threads, because I think it's pretty dang cool. I got the MezelMods Ecto-1 car, and mounted it on my right ramp. There are actually multiple places you can put it, the firehouse, top of the left ramp, and above the center captive ball (pro only for that one), being a few more options. I like the right ramp since the ramp decal depicts traffic and it's an easy tie in to the Ecto Goggles light, so it lights up when there's a ghost to catch in the goggles.

MezelMods has the car up on the site now. I think you have a few more mounting options on the pro, so it would be cool to see some pro owners chime in on where they've put it.

Awesome photo! The MezelMods Ecto-1 car looks great, as do the Zombie Yeti inner art blades! Beautiful game.

#1257 7 years ago

The first complaint I had about the machine was the choice of a WHITE lightning bolt insert and LED flashers under slimer.
I thought it should have been green.
So I added a filter.
Looks OK. Darker green would be better, I may double up the filter.

gbgreen_(resized).jpggbgreen_(resized).jpg

#1258 7 years ago

The lightning bolt is not green because green represents the slimed shots you have to make.

#1259 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

The lightning bolt is not green because green represents the slimed shots you have to make.

Correct.
But the white flashers under slimer are bright and there are so many other white inserts.
I think this mellows it out a bit.

#1260 7 years ago

LE #89 finally arrived. Special thanks to Adam in Lodi for helping get the game home.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1261 7 years ago

Got my Pro today... First NIB for me. Manufactured on 7/7 with the Slimer fix. Playfield date from May though. Game is pretty cool - and hard! Installed shaker motor which makes game even better!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1262 7 years ago

Been enjoying my GB pro for just under a week or so now. It's fantastic. No ghosting (knock on wood) and plays well. It is the new slimer mech, manufactured 7/7 with a playfield from 5/19. The reinforcements still has the spelling typo.

Overall all my fears (too hard, right ramp impossible, flipper gap) were just wrong. Super happy with the whole package. Music especially was a real surprise how awesome it is in the different modes. And of course it looks fantastic!

Had one glitch where I had to turn it off and on after everything went dark except the DMD but seems fine now. Will update if things change..

#1263 7 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Congrats on receiving your game finally. It sounds like the Reinforcement was only corrected on the LE's so far. I'm still waiting the call for the arrival of mine.

Thanks for your order and business can't wait to see your opening pics.
Buddy

#1264 7 years ago

Personal opinion, but I reckon a shaker is a must have on this game.
Adds another dimension to the gameplay.

#1265 7 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Thanks for your order and business can't wait to see your opening pics.
Buddy

Thank you Buddy. The arrival of my GB pro came in yesterday and I must say that everything looks flawless. No damages to the machine what so every out of the box. Playfield looks great with no issues as of yet. New Slimer, manufactured on July 7th, Playfield May18th. I'll get some pics out soon.

#1266 7 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

I agree! Glad I added one to my Pro!

#1267 7 years ago

I did a few of the common mods to my GB Pro. Really happy how it turned out!

Purple Super Bands and Ghost Trap Flipper Covers:
13770255_10206211748484921_1145815300762043168_n_(resized).jpg13770255_10206211748484921_1145815300762043168_n_(resized).jpg

Lit button kit:
13735125_10206211748604924_4436434495806671332_o_(resized).jpg13735125_10206211748604924_4436434495806671332_o_(resized).jpg

Lit Speakers with Chrome GB Logo inserts:
13708396_10206211749204939_4757523694235868059_o_(resized).jpg13708396_10206211749204939_4757523694235868059_o_(resized).jpg

Pinball Art Blades:
12593604_10206211749644950_3198545846417729997_o_(resized).jpg12593604_10206211749644950_3198545846417729997_o_(resized).jpg

Happy with the final result:
13619975_10206211749844955_1920872647672632220_n_(resized).jpg13619975_10206211749844955_1920872647672632220_n_(resized).jpg

#1268 7 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Yes - ordered one with mine and put it in last night. Took 5 minutes to install. Nice results.

#1269 7 years ago
Quoted from JDD:

The first complaint I had about the machine was the choice of a WHITE lightning bolt insert and LED flashers under slimer.
I thought it should have been green.
So I added a filter.
Looks OK. Darker green would be better, I may double up the filter.

I agree that light is so bright. What material did you buy and where did you get it? Thx

#1270 7 years ago

The shaker is a must do. It really adds a cool dimension to a already great experience in play.

#1271 7 years ago

Where are you getting the shaker?

#1272 7 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Where are you getting the shaker?

I got mine from Pinball Life. $99.95 http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3710

#1273 7 years ago

Pinball Life. It takes a couple of minutes to mount it and plug in.

#1274 7 years ago

Do you have to drill holes on a spike game to add a shaker?

#1275 7 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Nope

#1276 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

I did a few of the common mods to my GB Pro. Really happy how it turned out!
Purple Super Bands and Ghost Trap Flipper Covers:

Lit button kit:

Lit Speakers with Chrome GB Logo inserts:

Pinball Art Blades:

Happy with the final result:

That is a pretty pin. Love the overall purple effects!

#1277 7 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Actually there are t-nuts waiting for the motor! It is very simple to add.

#1278 7 years ago

I just wired up the flashers under the evil Slimer LE apron cutouts. They are hooked up to the Ghost Trap flashers on the pf back board. They work perfect and light up just right. Now I need some custom pictures to replace the rules cards.

IMGA0645[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0645[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0646[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0646[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0638[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0638[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0639[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0639[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0642[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0642[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0644[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0644[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0643[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0643[1]_(resized).JPG

#1279 7 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Got my Pro today... First NIB for me. Manufactured on 7/7 with the Slimer fix. Playfield date from May though. Game is pretty cool - and hard! Installed shaker motor which makes game even better!

Do I see a joystick controlled light system?

#1280 7 years ago

Someone educate me (stupid question I bet...). What is the blank square thing below the start button? Is it like a tournament button spot?

#1281 7 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Someone educate me (stupid question I bet...). What is the blank square thing below the start button? Is it like a tournament button spot?

Yep. Or you can put a volume switch there, or others have rerouted the power switch there. Just a plug that can be used to wire a switch or button there.

#1282 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I think mine was like 48 mil and also got a gozer hurry up at like 50 something. No idea how to build that one up. Just kind of happened. Also, I have no idea how to light the PF mutipliers at the captive balls, nor can I tell when the playfield is multiplied.

Completing the 3 Proton Pack targets will light PF Multipliers at the captive ball. (Tobin can light it there too as an award.)

If you get the multipliers lit from completing the captive ball/skill shot and hit the target(s) to start the playfield being multiplied there is a DMD animation and the targets will flash. You can hit them again to add more time while they are flashing.

Also if you light the multipliers but don't start them they will carry over to the next ball on a drain.

#1284 7 years ago

Been playing a bit more, and I adjusted my angle from ~6 degrees to around 6.5 or 6.6. I found at the "proper" angle (6.5) the game plays a lot tougher, but not really in a fun way, just a lot more center drains and more reminiscent of the videos of early play with a lot of frustration. Any downsides or reasons not to back off to a angle closer to 6 again? Will it causes any mechanical or technical issues (impacts too hard against something etc?)

Also I added a ball tot he captive ball to try to avoid the wire form from bending, are people still recommending that (apart from the mod you can buy in europe) - any concerns that could cause more issues than help?

Thanks!

#1285 7 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Been playing a bit more, and I adjusted my angle from ~6 degrees to around 6.5 or 6.6. I found at the "proper" angle (6.5) the game plays a lot tougher, but not really in a fun way, just a lot more center drains and more reminiscent of the videos of early play with a lot of frustration. Any downsides or reasons not to back off to a angle closer to 6 again? Will it causes any mechanical or technical issues (impacts too hard against something etc?)
Also I added a ball tot he captive ball to try to avoid the wire form from bending, are people still recommending that (apart from the mod you can buy in europe) - any concerns that could cause more issues than help?
Thanks!

Wouldn't a steeper angle greater then 6.5 prevent more outlane drains though? 6* seems pretty low to me, I have seen many people recommending 6.7-6.9 or so on this game.

#1286 7 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Thanks!

6? You want it playing like an old EM?

#1287 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I agree that light is so bright. What material did you buy and where did you get it? Thx

To add a little green to the slimer flasher
I was at TAP plastics getting material to make inlane covers and they sell colored sheets of thin plastic.
After several plays I really like the difference this mods makes to the game.

#1288 7 years ago

Maybe I need to double check the angle.. I've been just using my phone with some app.

I didn't find it noticeably faster or slower just more center drains...

Thanks anyways

#1289 7 years ago

Yeah, it would be interesting to see how everyone has their pin pitched.

#1290 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

When a guy says he's had the game for 3 months and hasn't seen Marshmallow Man mode...something is wrong.

Yeah - the player needs to get better

Many owners never get deep in their games. When did this new rule of 'every objective should be easily reached' start in your mind?

#1291 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah - the player needs to get better
Many owners never get deep in their games. When did this new rule of 'every objective should be easily reached' start in your mind?

You. Still. Don't. Get. It.

There's a difference between CHALLENGE and REPETITION.

I've never seen Valinor in LOTR. Doesn't bother me.
I've never seen Encore in AC/DC. Doesn't bother me.
I've never seen Sperm Attack in Family Guy. Doesn't bother me.

Wizard modes are SUPPOSED to be relatively unattainable. Regular story based modes are NOT.

Doesn't GB have 3 Wiz modes? (We Came We Saw, Are You A God, We're Ready to Believe You). I don't care if I'm not good enough to get to the wizard modes. I care that I have to see "We Got One" 6000 times and not the other modes.

LOTR doesn't make me replay and complete a mode before being able to choose a different one.

My issue is LINEARITY and REPETITION (and cheap airball huge-gap bullshit) ....NOT CHALLENGE.

#1292 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You. Still. Don't. Get. It.
There's a difference between CHALLENGE and REPETITION.
I've never seen Valinor in LOTR. Doesn't bother me.
I've never seen Encore in AC/DC. Doesn't bother me.
I've never seen Sperm Attack in Family Guy. Doesn't bother me.
Wizard modes are SUPPOSED to be relatively unattainable.
Regular story based modes are NOT.
LOTR doesn't make me replay and complete a mode before being able to choose a different one.
My issue is LINEARITY and REPETITION (and cheap airball huge-gap bullshit) ....NOT CHALLENGE.

You. Say. This. Every. Day.

#1293 7 years ago
Quoted from Ripley:

Haven't in a while but Flynnie had to dig up old shit.

I still have time to cancel my order....if I don't have one on order, I'll have no reason to have an opinion about it anymore....then I'll vanish in the wind.....

Also, Ripley = Kaneda.

#1294 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Haven't in a while but Flynnie had to dig up old shit.
I still have time to cancel my order....if I don't have one on order, I'll have no reason to have an opinion about it anymore....then I'll vanish in the wind.....

But it seems clear you do not like how the code is arranged, at all. They aren't going to change that. Why stay in on it if it bothers you so? Owners don't seem to mind and the reviews have been overwhelmingly positive. Just curious.

#1295 7 years ago
Quoted from Ripley:

But it seems clear you do not like how the code is arranged, at all. They aren't going to change that. Why stay in on it if it bothers you so? Owners don't seem to mind and the reviews have been overwhelmingly positive. Just curious.

I'm being troughlled.

Tro_(resized).jpgTro_(resized).jpg

#1296 7 years ago
Quoted from Ripley:

Hello Kaneda.

#1297 7 years ago

The mode linearity is not a problem over 350 games in. I've been to the end of some ladders, but not all. You can hop around, you can focus on multiballs or ghost collecting awards, or you can try to blast through a ladder. There's plenty of options how to play. Heck, I can blow through the first mode of a ladder before the ball saver ends. The ladder system makes for some really awesome tension when you just need that one more shot to complete a mode to see something new. It's great.

#1298 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The mode linearity is not a problem over 350 games in. I've been to the end of some ladders, but not all. You can hop around, you can focus on multiballs or ghost collecting awards, or you can try to blast through a ladder. There's plenty of options how to play. Heck, I can blow through the first mode of a ladder before the ball saver ends. The ladder system makes for some really awesome tension when you just need that one more shot to complete a mode to see something new. It's great.

Glad you like it. I think if there was more personality in the non-mode parts of the game, it would bother me less. More voices, Slimer noises, etc...character! Hopefully that's coming in an update.

#1300 7 years ago

Random question, but I've noticed on some earlier machines, Slimers eyes are white and black. I've noticed on mine, he has a little bit of red in them. Can anyone else confirm this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 103.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.