IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 250.
#1201 7 years ago

On the subject of endless GB merchandised crap, I picked up a no-ghosts logo bottle opener for about $13 shipped off amazon. I haven't opened it yet but it's supposed to be magnetic on the back. I plan on sticking it to the side rail to keep a pingulp company. They come in slimer and stay puft versions also.

71FCikikePL._SL1200__(resized).jpg71FCikikePL._SL1200__(resized).jpg

#1202 7 years ago

Keychain for my keys. Obvious choice here.
20160715_001055_(resized).jpg20160715_001055_(resized).jpg

#1203 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Keychain for my keys. Obvious choice here.

That's what I used for both my speaker lights openings. It looks really cool when it's on the grill and the lights are in front of the grill.

IMGA0581[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0581[1]_(resized).JPG

#1204 7 years ago

The end of the ballroom mode is sweet! Slimer moving an extra few inches up and down was a surprise. I havent been able to time his movements right yet to beat the mode. Its been 3 months and i still havent seen Marshmallow man mode at all, love this game!

#1205 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Its been 3 months and i still havent seen Marshmallow man mode at all, love this game!

Animations are awesome on that one

#1206 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Animations are awesome on that one

This is gonna make one kick ass Color DMD.

#1207 7 years ago

While it isn't quite the Ectomobile, our Honda CR-V snuggly fit our NIB GB Pro today. I see I have the new Slimer mech which works phenomenally. I put an extra pinball in the right captive ball because our local GB has an incredibly bent wire which prevents it from working. I hope this works.

20160721_164408_(resized).jpg20160721_164408_(resized).jpg

20160721_160654_(resized).jpg20160721_160654_(resized).jpg

20160721_160622_(resized).jpg20160721_160622_(resized).jpg

20160721_134127_(resized).jpg20160721_134127_(resized).jpg

Slimer_resize_(resized).jpgSlimer_resize_(resized).jpg

#1208 7 years ago
Quoted from cubitron:

I put an extra pinball in the right captive ball because our local GB has an incredibly bent wire which prevents it from working. I hope this works.

Look out for over tightening the nuts on the metal piece over the balls. I tried to add another ball and it worked fine at first, but either I did it or somehow that metal piece got bend a little so the target would get stuck on it and not move. Loosening them helped.

#1209 7 years ago

Man that new Slimer mech is about as fugly as it gets. Talk about Rube Goldberg. Surprised this was as good as they could manage.
I know it was last minute but really...

#1210 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Look out for over tightening the nuts on the metal piece over the balls. I tried to add another ball and it worked fine at first, but either I did it or somehow that metal piece got bend a little so the target would get stuck on it and not move. Loosening them helped.

I think you could have a problem. when taking off the metal roof, the phillips screw you removed goes in a plastic post. What you may not have noticed and it could be lying somewhere in the game is the post also has a small black spacer that sat on top of it. I didn't notice it and it appeared during a game rolling down the middle of the pf. This spacer sets the roof higher to allow for the target to have clearance.

#1211 7 years ago

Finally got my new GB Pro last night. I have the typo playfield, but the new Slimer mech. The game plays great. A friend and I played over 50 games last night any only got Storage multiball once. Got to "play better". I had the occasional airball and Scolari Bro target not drop problem, but nothing nearly as bad as I've heard others talk about. I'm really surprised how well it played. I didn't get many center drains off of the popups or Slimer either. Only one roll-over side drain. I think they raised the side lanes from the first one I played, but not 100% sure.
20160721_183407_(resized).jpg20160721_183407_(resized).jpg

20160721_195837_(resized).jpg20160721_195837_(resized).jpg

20160721_194414_(resized).jpg20160721_194414_(resized).jpg

20160721_192059_(resized).jpg20160721_192059_(resized).jpg

20160721_195707_(resized).jpg20160721_195707_(resized).jpg

20160721_192932_(resized).jpg20160721_192932_(resized).jpg

One thing I saw briefly was that it looks like Slimer took a little minor damage early on. Had a small chunk on the playfield after a couple games. I barely saw it and don't know where it came from. May just have come off of the roughly drilled hole at the bottom.

20160721_195827_(resized).jpg20160721_195827_(resized).jpg

#1212 7 years ago

Congrats on receiving your game finally. It sounds like the Reinforcement was only corrected on the LE's so far. I'm still waiting the call for the arrival of mine.

#1213 7 years ago

Finally going to get my hands on one of these tonight for a healthy sesh. Can't wait!

#1214 7 years ago

Pretty sure there are corrected pros out there it does seem unusual that your have a new slimer mech and misspelled playfield.

#1215 7 years ago

I've received my July 7, 2016 built game on the 13th. Plays great, but really tough.
- Best part of the goodie bag was the plastic standup art
- Not happy that 50V coin door switch was removed.
Not as comfortable working under playfield with that circuit still active.
- Sad that less that 10% of the lights are user replaceable. Most all of the LEDs are hard wired on PCBs.
I was able to add some green to the upper left. Added purple to the upper right and in the ball guides near flippers.
- Even the FLASHERS are new 5V type and I cointaker doesn't have color choices for those yet.
The flasher under the pops should really be purple to give it a great look.

The mode animations are awesome. I need to get through more modes to enjoy them.

gb-lights_(resized).jpggb-lights_(resized).jpg

gb_(resized).jpggb_(resized).jpg

#1216 7 years ago

Man that looks great JDD !

#1217 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

I'm really surprised how well it played.

Yah, all the initial outcries (and for some, ongoing) were typical pinside over reaction to a new Stern title. The game is super fun, challenging, and a hit on location.

#1218 7 years ago

Mine plays perfect. I had to adjust one switch when I got and that's it.

#1219 7 years ago
Quoted from JDD:

The mode animations are awesome. I need to get through more modes to enjoy them.

Would be nice if you didn't have to replay the same one 4 times before moving ahead.

#1220 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Would be nice if you didn't have to replay the same one 4 times before moving ahead.

Play better and you won't have to keep playing the same mode.

#1221 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Play better and you won't have to keep playing the same mode.

When a guy says he's had the game for 3 months and hasn't seen Marshmallow Man mode...something is wrong. It's not about playing better. It's about the game forcing you to repeat things that games normally don't force you to repeat, a long sequence of events to qualify Mode Start, coupled with airballs and a huge flipper gap. The game code can be more fun with some tweaks.

#1222 7 years ago

I've had TWD for close to a year. Never been to Siege. Never been to LMS. I've been to Horde a handful of times.

I've certainly played CDC, Barn and Arena a heck of a lot.

Code could be more fun with a few tweaks?

#1223 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

a long sequence of events to qualify Mode Start

You start a mode with a skill shot or bashing slimer it's not hard at all. and if your sick of one mode there are 3 different choices you have each time.

#1224 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

When a guy says he's had the game for 3 months and hasn't seen Marshmallow Man mode...something is wrong. It's not about playing better. It's about the game forcing you to repeat things that games normally don't force you to repeat, a long sequence of events to qualify Mode Start, coupled with airballs and a huge flipper gap. The game code can be more fun with some tweaks.

This game is different and I like that it forces you to do things that games normally don't do. This game is hard. It's supposed to be hard.

Also from what I've seen, if you start a mode and complete it, that ladder is unlocked and the next mode can be started by simply hitting that shot again. Don't complete the mode you have to work to get it lit again.

Of course the game could use some tweaks and it will get some. Not sure about the mode structure being changed, but it will get some tweaks.

#1225 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I've had TWD for close to a year. Never been to Siege. Never been to LMS. I've been to Horde a handful of times.
I've certainly played CDC, Barn and Arena a heck of a lot.
Code could be more fun with a few tweaks?

TWD isn't a story-based mode type of game. Not a relevant comparison.

#1226 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

You start a mode with a skill shot or bashing slimer it's not hard at all. and if your sick of one mode there are 3 different choices you have each time.

I'm sick of mostly seeing those same 3 every time. STAY PUFFFFTTT!

#1227 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This game is different ...

Quoted from Mitch:

You start a mode with ...

Quoted from smokedog:

I've had TWD for close to a year...

Wasting your breath guys...Rarehero has this same shit copied and ready to paste...over and over again.

#1228 7 years ago

Um yeah. This game is super hard and super rewarding when you finally get it to open up!!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1229 7 years ago
Quoted from JDD:

Even the FLASHERS are new 5V type and I cointaker doesn't have color choices for those yet.

They have white and red.....I just bought some. I wish Comet would hurry up and get some colors.

#1230 7 years ago

Played the LE tonight and totally loved it. While the pro is certainly no slouch, the Prem/LE is a nice upgrade.

#1231 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Um yeah. This game is super hard and super rewarding when you finally get it to open up!!

*shakes head*. Score is irrelevant, that doesn't tell me what modes you got through. Most people enjoy mode progression in mode based games, score just happens to accumulate as you play.

#1232 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

By the second day, my wife, who doesn't play a lot of pinball, got one shot from Gozer the Gozerian. That's one step below Stay Puft. I got to Stay Puft on the third day. With each mode only being 3-4 shots to complete, it's not the biggest challenge in the world.

#1233 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

*shakes head*. Score is irrelevant, that doesn't tell me what modes you got through. Most people enjoy mode progression in mode based games, score just happens to accumulate as you play.

Completed every mode in the left ladder (spooked librarian and the other one), completed 2 of three modes on the left ramp, 2 of 4 on the right orbit, and drained while playing the third and final mode on the left ramp. Got good value in looping supers, played PKE frenzy(no idea how that mode works), MH MB, and we came we saw we kicked it's ass mode. Collected some pretty huge hurry ups for gear and gozer as well.

What do you mean by people like mode progression in a mode based game? Are you saying this game doesn't progress throigh the modes at all? Well I can tell you it does, it just doesn't let you play the next mode in any ladder until you've complete one. That's how it should be. Just having to play a mode and not complete it to advance past it is really dumb and played out IMO.

#1234 7 years ago

Hey Chuck, nice score. I had my best Gear hurry up score the other day of 50M. I really like the game and I will be more than a little sad if I don't get the GB bank at Pinburgh!

#1235 7 years ago

Oh, and I got post #1234, that must be good karma points!

#1236 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hey Chuck, nice score. I had my best Gear hurry up score the other day of 50M. I really like the game and I will be more than a little sad if I don't get the GB bank at Pinburgh!

Yeah I think mine was like 48 mil and also got a gozer hurry up at like 50 something. No idea how to build that one up. Just kind of happened. Also, I have no idea how to light the PF mutipliers at the captive balls, nor can I tell when the playfield is multiplied.

#1237 7 years ago

Shipping company called and said my GBLE will be here Wednesday! I've been waiting since almost this time last year to get this machine and I am only a few days away... can't wait..

#1238 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I think mine was like 48 mil and also got a gozer hurry up at like 50 something. No idea how to build that one up. Just kind of happened. Also, I have no idea how to light the PF mutipliers at the captive balls, nor can I tell when the playfield is multiplied.

Great score Chuck... I'm with ya on "learning as you go". After a while you'll know all the little mysteries in scoring anyways. It can be more fun this way at first.

Stay mystified my friend!

#1239 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Played the LE tonight and totally loved it. While the pro is certainly no slouch, the Prem/LE is a nice upgrade.

"Don't sell yourself short, your a tremendous slouch".

If you really want to see stay puft. Cheat to see it. Btw if you are not progressing through the modes how many games do you have on it? 200-300?

#1240 7 years ago

Was just told by my Dist that LE's are delayed until August and Prem's will follow near end of August. Start charging Stern 6 months lost interest.

#1241 7 years ago
Quoted from cubitron:

While it isn't quite the Ectomobile, our Honda CR-V snuggly fit our NIB GB Pro today. I see I have the new Slimer mech which works phenomenally. I put an extra pinball in the right captive ball because our local GB has an incredibly bent wire which prevents it from working. I hope this works.

I have the same car. Did the door close or did you drive with it half open?

#1242 7 years ago

I'm going to cross post this across the GB threads, because I think it's pretty dang cool. I got the MezelMods Ecto-1 car, and mounted it on my right ramp. There are actually multiple places you can put it, the firehouse, top of the left ramp, and above the center captive ball (pro only for that one), being a few more options. I like the right ramp since the ramp decal depicts traffic and it's an easy tie in to the Ecto Goggles light, so it lights up when there's a ghost to catch in the goggles.

ecto1-mod_(resized).jpgecto1-mod_(resized).jpg

MezelMods has the car up on the site now. I think you have a few more mounting options on the pro, so it would be cool to see some pro owners chime in on where they've put it.

#1243 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm going to cross post this across the GB threads, because I think it's pretty dang cool. I got the MezelMods Ecto-1 car, and mounted it on my right ramp. There are actually multiple places you can put it, the firehouse, top of the left ramp, and above the center captive ball (pro only for that one), being a few more options. I like the right ramp since the ramp decal depicts traffic and it's an easy tie in to the Ecto Goggles light, so it lights up when there's a ghost to catch in the goggles.

MezelMods has the car up on the site now. I think you have a few more mounting options on the pro, so it would be cool to see some pro owners chime in on where they've put it.

Looks good. How does it actually tie in. On either side of the LED? Inline plug?
Thanks

#1244 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Looks good. How does it actually tie in. On either side of the LED? Inline plug?
Thanks

Inline. It ships with two Z connectors that you can tie into any spot on the game using the Z connectors without altering anything.

#1245 7 years ago

How does it mount in the game? Screw mount?

#1246 7 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

How does it mount in the game? Screw mount?

I used one of those 3M poster mounting squares. It holds well and it's easily removable. The car itself doesn't have any holes for screws. You can talk to the Mezels and see if it's shipping with any mounting solution now, but I just got the car, the wiring, and the connectors.

#1247 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I used one of those 3M poster mounting squares. It holds well and it's easily removable. The car itself doesn't have any holes for screws. You can talk to the Mezels and see if it's shipping with any mounting solution now, but I just got the car, the wiring, and the connectors.

The Mezel Mods website shows the car only available for the pro. Did you get a different pre/le version or is there no difference?

#1248 7 years ago

Finally after 17 years of collecting my first NIB has arrived GB LE #199??
Looks stunning ?

20160726_190703_(resized).jpg20160726_190703_(resized).jpg

20160726_192558_(resized).jpg20160726_192558_(resized).jpg

20160726_221337_(resized).jpg20160726_221337_(resized).jpg

#1249 7 years ago

#1250 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

The Mezel Mods website shows the car only available for the pro. Did you get a different pre/le version or is there no difference?

Should be no difference. Until they have a test case, the Mezels only list it for one model. Now that I've put it successfully on an LE, I imagine they'll update the site to reflect it working on the LE and Premium models.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 49.95
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 103.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/25?hl=steveman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.