IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1149 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9113 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1155 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1152 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1154 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 254.
#12601 38 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ball coming down

1.17 is correct. But im not sure if the Premium and LE are the same code...
For the orbit, what side is the ball coming from when draining? the right side has that gate to stop drains..

Ball is coming from right side across the top then down the left. If it is a super slow roller it might not go down the middle but anything else it goes SDTM 100% of the time. It comes down by the firehouse

#12602 38 days ago

I am also new to the club with a nicely modded Pro I picked up yesterday.

One question... the G|H|O|S|T inserts.... are they supposed to be some kind of progression with hits to the target on top of them? I see them come on when I do an LED test, and all of them blink when slimer is active, but I've never seen them lit up otherwise.

#12603 38 days ago

Hooked on pinball shooter rod.
Maybe try dialing down the auto plunge power.
I think the last code says LE for premium/LE.

#12604 38 days ago

I remember having some 'more than usual' STDMs when we got our premium a few months back..all I did was level the machine, side to side (pitched the left side up a pinch) and it shoots much better in that regard... My pitch is basically 6.5 degrees..oh, btw, put new balls in that beauty (if you haven't already ) **I'd try to raise the back left leg a few turns out, and just try it..or the other way.. congratulations on your machine!

#12605 38 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Officially on the club as she came home yesterday.
Minor questions.
What shooter rod does everyone use? Mine has a custom one and I don’t really care for it. It’s too big and round and feels poor in my hand.
What GI and flasher settings does everyone use as I find all of the lighting way too intense as it’s almost seizure inducing for any of the white flashers and lights. I mean it’s really bright.
My game has the latest 1.17 code on it but says it’s an LE. My game is a Premium. Does it matter should I update it to the 1.17 Premium code from Stern?
Last but most annoying issue is that the left outer orbit goes SDTM every single time a ball has been shot from the left side this includes balls launched by the auto launcher. It’s very frustrating. Is there any sort of fix or adjustment for this? Game is level and pitched at 6.5[quoted image][quoted image]

I have Hooked on Pinballs shooter rod. Really happy with it. Sorry I don’t have a better picture.

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p231/Ghostbusters-Pinball-Mod-Shooter-Rod.html#/

IMG_1149 (resized).jpegIMG_1149 (resized).jpeg

#12606 38 days ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I am also new to the club with a nicely modded Pro I picked up yesterday.
One question... the G|H|O|S|T inserts.... are they supposed to be some kind of progression with hits to the target on top of them? I see them come on when I do an LED test, and all of them blink when slimer is active, but I've never seen them lit up otherwise.

I believe if the machine is in easy mode they won’t progress…I have the same issue on my machine. One of these days I’ll try bumping it up to medium to see if it changes it but for now enjoying it where it is.

#12607 37 days ago

Can anyone recommend a speaker upgrade for GB Premium?

I feel like my audio is kinda poor tbh.

Of course the tiny little 4" speakers probably don't help.

#12608 37 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Can anyone recommend a speaker upgrade for GB Premium?
I feel like my audio is kinda poor tbh.
Of course the tiny little 4" speakers probably don't help.

Interesting as I feel the sound on my machine is quite good.

I upgraded my Wonka machine with a Pinwoofer kit. Was a great upgrade...

https://pinwoofer.com/speaker-and-amplifier-kits/

#12609 37 days ago

Can’t remember where mine came from, but I saw a lot of ugly shooter rods that were out there.

IMG_0017 (resized).jpegIMG_0017 (resized).jpeg

#12610 37 days ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Can’t remember where mine came from, but I saw a lot of ugly shooter rods that were out there.
[quoted image]

That is modfather.

I would think that wouldn't feel good in your hand for plunging as it seems rather large.

I do like it just concerned about the feel.

#12611 37 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

That is modfather.
I would think that wouldn't feel good in your hand for plunging as it seems rather large.
I do like it just concerned about the feel.

Compared to some of the other crazy ones grip wise, I haven't had any issues with the Puft head as a shooter rod. The Stern add on was such a terrible disappointment, there is no way in hell I'd pay the secondary market price for such a plain design.

#12612 37 days ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Compared to some of the other crazy ones grip wise, I haven't had any issues with the Puft head as a shooter rod. The Stern add on was such a terrible disappointment, there is no way in hell I'd pay the secondary market price for such a plain design.

The one on our game is just big and round and uncomfortable tbh and I also have a very hard time doing any sort of skill shot. It does look nice and is of pretty good quality.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12613 37 days ago

GB, front and center! TBL is behind it, near the window. I think I need to shift it around a bit, so GB doesn't get any zippers on the cab art. There is an adjacent room behind where I can land GB and get the middle space back..other than that, she's pretty full, Captain!

73973052793__0D9E5001-1FED-444E-851E-03FA850FB9A2 (resized).jpeg73973052793__0D9E5001-1FED-444E-851E-03FA850FB9A2 (resized).jpeg
#12614 37 days ago

Officially in the club as she came home yesterday.
Minor questions.
What shooter rod does everyone use?

I got mine from Bill at Super Skill Shot

https://superskillshot.com/

#12615 37 days ago

Thank you for spending my money. just ordered a few sets from Modfather as my last air ball deflector broke and the lane protectors looked like a good mod also.

#12616 37 days ago

here is my shooter know, solid 3d printed and cast brass custom NY FD Hook and Ladder shooter knob and is tarnishing nicely now like the badges that were on the fire fighters helmets and added a custom shooter plate. Sadly brass is too expensive now.

Stern - GB - Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob (resized).JPGStern - GB - Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob (resized).JPG

#12617 36 days ago

This was the ones I was looking for, No longer available
Hopefully someone can again make some of these, would be kewl

#12618 35 days ago
Quoted from Jhislop3:

Thank you for spending my money. just ordered a few sets from Modfather as my last air ball deflector broke and the lane protectors looked like a good mod also.

Lol, happy to be of service

I haven’t seen these in a long time, very nice with an OEM look indeed. For those concerned and have no other options, I’ve had the ModFather lane plastics since day 1 and have never experienced lane hopping at all. I didn’t even know it was a thing until I read posts here. I got the plastics in clear so that it blended in with the game. Since I’ve had them on from the beginning I often forget they’re not OEM parts.

IMG_3442 (resized).jpegIMG_3442 (resized).jpeg

#12619 35 days ago
Quoted from evileye:

Lol, happy to be of service

I haven’t seen these in a long time, very nice with an OEM look indeed. For those concerned and have no other options, I’ve had the ModFather lane plastics since day 1 and have never experienced lane hopping at all. I didn’t even know it was a thing until I read posts here. I got the plastics in clear so that it blended in with the game. Since I’ve had them on from the beginning I often forget they’re not OEM parts.
[quoted image]

yea those look like a good solution. Not sure I have seen them before.

#12620 32 days ago

Added yellow translucent light film to the lightning bolt insert under slimmer on my pro. So much better and not blinding anymore when it’s activated.

IMG_1230 (resized).jpegIMG_1230 (resized).jpegIMG_1231 (resized).jpegIMG_1231 (resized).jpeg
#12621 32 days ago

Looks better. Surprised PinMonk doesn't have this as part of his set.

I do agree that white bolt can be awfully bright

#12622 32 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I turn the LED flashers down on mine as soon as I get them so it probably didn't bother me that much way back when I had my GB Prem. Given what's going on around the playfield art surrounding the bolt, color is a natural though. First glance says I'd probably try a lime green or something that matches the art a bit and plays off slimer. I have to go help out with a Ghostbusters around here soon, so while I'm fixing it, I might have a look at making a bracket for this.

#12623 32 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I turn the LED flashers down on mine as soon as I get them so it probably didn't bother me that much way back when I had my GB Prem. Given what's going on around the playfield art surrounding the bolt, color is a natural though. First glance says I'd probably try a lime green or something that matches the art a bit and plays off slimer. I have to go help out with a Ghostbusters around here soon, so while I'm fixing it, I might have a look at making a bracket for this.

I went with yellow because there is already a bunch of lime green in artwork already and just a bit of yellow. There’s lime green around the insert also. The target decal by it has yellow, so I went for more balance.

#12624 32 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Thanks! I definitely had to do something to fix that. Pinmonks latter brackets arrived today so I was waiting for them before I did the fix. I didn’t want to have to remove the the board twice. The ladder brackets look amazing btw! Worth the wait.

#12625 32 days ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Thanks! I definitely had to do something to fix that. Pinmonks latter brackets arrived today so I was waiting for them before I did the fix. I didn’t want to have to remove the the board twice. The ladder brackets look amazing btw! Worth the wait.

I’m hoping he gets them back in stock. Would like to add them to my game as well but was hesitant to order as I know he has been busy and these were backlogged

#12626 32 days ago

I went with yellow because there is already a bunch of lime green in artwork already and just a bit of yellow. There’s lime green around the insert also. The target decal by it has yellow, so I went for more balance.

Yeah, I won't know until I see it in IRL when I work on that person's machine. I haven't had the machine for like 6 years. Yellow might be the right answer, especially given how bright that flasher is. It really is a "vibe" kind of situation where sometimes a harmonious color adjacent to the insert on the playfield is the answer, and sometimes it's something else. Other times the insert is fine as-is. I originally tried to color the mode inserts on the center of the playfield, but colorizing them just looked bad (I tried green and pink gradient progressions). Turns out, white is the right answer for that. Since then, there have been quite a few other playfields where I've left the white inserts alone because in those cases, white is the right answer. It really is case by case.

#12627 32 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I’m hoping he gets them back in stock. Would like to add them to my game as well but was hesitant to order as I know he has been busy and these were backlogged

I'm actively working through the GB bracket backlog. Some have already gone out, and I have some more left to go, but I should be caught up with Ghostbusters brackets pretty soon.

#12628 32 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm actively working through the GB bracket backlog. Some have already gone out, and I have some more left to go, but I should be caught up with Ghostbusters brackets pretty soon.

The game looks so much better with them. Also highly recommend your quiet fan also to others. The stock one is ridiculous loud. I can barely hear yours in mine and it still moves plenty of air.

#12629 32 days ago

I like what you did there gj

#12630 32 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I like what you did there gj

Thank you so much! Really appreciate that.

#12631 31 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I won't know until I see it in IRL when I work on that person's machine. I haven't had the machine for like 6 years. Yellow might be the right answer, especially given how bright that flasher is. It really is a "vibe" kind of situation where sometimes a harmonious color adjacent to the insert on the playfield is the answer, and sometimes it's something else. Other times the insert is fine as-is. I originally tried to color the mode inserts on the center of the playfield, but colorizing them just looked bad (I tried green and pink gradient progressions). Turns out, white is the right answer for that. Since then, there have been quite a few other playfields where I've left the white inserts alone because in those cases, white is the right answer. It really is case by case.

I think either Green or Yellow would look great for this Lightning bolt. The yellow plays well off the target and the Green may enhance slimer.

#12632 27 days ago

Are these the correct replacement service rails for the Pro?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/511-7621-00-LN

#12633 27 days ago
Quoted from CoasterG:

That's the one for the Premium, so it should be ok for the pro to replace those awful prop rods.

#12634 27 days ago

I can confirm these worked on my Pro - much better than those pegs.

https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=service%20rails

#12635 27 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

I can confirm these worked on my Pro - much better than those pegs.
https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=service%20rails

I can 2nd this, have them on my Pro as well.

#12636 27 days ago
Quoted from CoasterG:

Get them at pinball life. Much cheaper.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html

I just put them in my pro last week.

#12637 24 days ago

Hey Guys,
I’m trying to repair a Ghostbusters pro for a friend of mine. He attempted to install the Firestation mod and after that the display read Node 1, 8 & 9 not found and game is not playable.
I removed the mod and returned it to stock and there has been no change.
Node 1 in the cabinet shows no leds lit.

Not sure how it could have happened, but is it possible that Node 1 got fried?
Is there any way to test it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_2691 (resized).jpegIMG_2691 (resized).jpeg
#12638 24 days ago

Try unplugging the affected node board Ethernet cables and replugging them back in. As crazy as it sounds that often times fixes the issue.

#12639 24 days ago
Quoted from evileye:

Try unplugging the affected node board Ethernet cables and replugging them back in. As crazy as it sounds that often times fixes the issue.

I’ve tried that with no luck, so far. I feel like the fact that NO leds are lit on Node 1 is a clue.

I do have red led present on node 8 & 9

#12640 24 days ago

I'd re-seat everything, and do a factory reset (but that's just me). Hopefully he didn't try to install the firehouse mod with the game turned on.

#12641 24 days ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Hey Guys,
I’m trying to repair a Ghostbusters pro for a friend of mine. He attempted to install the Firestation mod and after that the display read Node 1, 8 & 9 not found and game is not playable.
I removed the mod and returned it to stock and there has been no change.
Node 1 in the cabinet shows no leds lit.
Not sure how it could have happened, but is it possible that Node 1 got fried?
Is there any way to test it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated![quoted image]

what firehouse mod - wolfcub's or mine or another ?

if mine - trying to work out what could of happened as a stern game flasher board is only relocated into the mod and a mod light is added to the GI light circuit. Could it be a case of a cable tugged when the playfield was lifted up vertically or accidentally pulled off the guides when extending the playfield out...

#12642 24 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

what firehouse mod - wolfcub's or mine or another ?
if mine - trying to work out what could of happened as a stern game flasher board is only relocated into the mod and a mod light is added to the GI light circuit. Could it be a case of a cable tugged when the playfield was lifted up vertically or accidentally pulled off the guides when extending the playfield out...

Pretty sure it’s Wolfcub.
But I’m also pretty sure it’s not the cause of the issue just a coincidental Occurance.

#12643 24 days ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Pretty sure it’s Wolfcub.
But I’m also pretty sure it’s not the cause of the issue just a coincidental Occurance.

this is mine, wolfcub's is alot bigger

IMG_2023 (resized).jpegIMG_2023 (resized).jpeg
#12644 24 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

[quoted image]

Quoted from swinks:

[quoted image]

Definitely Wolfcub’s

2 weeks later
#12645 8 days ago

Still learning this great game....what are the big round inserted red flashers in the outlanes ? are these the 'special' notification ?

I randomly got SPECIAL lit up on the dmd the other day but missed how it was achieved ??

#12647 7 days ago

Never seen them before pretty cool looking but why isn't slimer green?

#12648 7 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

That's not Slimer.

#12649 7 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Its the Scoleri Brothers.

#12650 7 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Its the Scoleri Brothers.

Neither Slimer nor the Scoleri brothers. Random blue ghosts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
PinShades

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Bloomfield Township, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sharonville, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 254.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.