B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 250.
#1151 7 years ago

Left the club today, wouldn't mind playing it but didn't need to own it. Fun game to play with other people, which I don't do much of.
Enjoy everyone!!!

#1152 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Left the club today, wouldn't mind playing it but didn't need to own it. Fun game to play with other people, which I don't do much of.
Enjoy everyone!!!

Don't be a stranger.

#1153 7 years ago

Got the left side custom printed cutout for my LE apron that's on my Pro cut out. Gonna do the right side tomorrow and make 2 clear plastic windows to go over them, then I just have to wait for my 5v flashers and sockets to arrive and wire them up to the Ghost Trap flashers on the pf back board. Gonna look really cool.

IMGA0629[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0629[1]_(resized).JPG

#1154 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

GOT is a game you need a primer on before you can enjoy it. You don't need to know the show.. just know what the bonuses are for each house and why you care The game offers a ton of strategy and huge payoffs for playing well. It's just pretty darn ugly in a lot of ways

agree. not the prettiest game out there but what a player! Easily one of the best rulesets in recent times.

#1155 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Don't be a stranger.

Too hard to, 67% of all Pinside threads are GB related

#1156 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Too hard to, 67% of all Pinside threads are GB related

That only leaves the Rob Zombie 9k for sale/trade threads. See you there!

#1157 7 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

agree. not the prettiest game out there but what a player! Easily one of the best rulesets in recent times.

Thanks. I think the complete not known and the stop in play the game exhibits. Not a game to just walk up to and play.

#1158 7 years ago

Hi guys, I just finished the inserts on the LE apron I have on my Pro. Now just waiting for my 5v flashers from CT to light them up, they will be tied into the Ghost Trap on the pf back board. They turned out pretty good if ya ask me. The last picture is back lit by the sun. Now I just need some kick ass cards, but I really don't want instruction cards just cards with great pictures.

IMGA0630[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0630[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0631[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0631[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0632[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0632[1]_(resized).JPG

#1159 7 years ago

I just received word that my GB Pro is off the line and ready to be shipped. Ring the bell because "we got one"! I told my Metallica machine I would still love it just as much. There is enough love for the both of 'em.

#1160 7 years ago
Quoted from cubitron:

I just received word that my GB Pro is off the line and ready to be shipped. Ring the bell because "we got one"! I told my Metallica machine I would still love it just as much. There is enough love for the both of 'em.

Congrats!!
Plenty of room for sure... Great combo!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1161 7 years ago
Quoted from cubitron:

Quoted from frankmac:

Congrats!!
Plenty of room for sure... Great combo!

Definitely enough love to go around for both machines!

27737350454_0c62e07120_o_(resized).jpg27737350454_0c62e07120_o_(resized).jpg

#1162 7 years ago

Those of you who just received "Pros" in the last week or so, can you say what the date is on your playfield, the date of manufacture on the back of the box and whether you have the new or old slimer mech? Also what version of code that was on it would be great too! Trying to see if its newer ones shipping than in Johns Arcade video:

Thanks!

#1163 7 years ago

My Playfield date is stamped June 14th, 2016. My Manufacture date is July 9th, 2016. I believe I have the new slimer mech and my game shipped with v1.05.

#1164 7 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Those of you who just received "Pros" in the last week or so, can you say what the date is on your playfield, the date of manufacture on the back of the box and whether you have the new or old slimer mech? Also what version of code that was on it would be great too! Trying to see if its newer ones shipping than in Johns Arcade video:
» YouTube video
Thanks!

I was just watching that last night. I would have been pissed if I was told it was a new machine and I got that one after waiting so long.

#1165 7 years ago

I think it's pretty messed up on Stern's part to be shipping Pro models with the older Slimer mech's that clearly do not work properly. Not cool at all. Not only that, I truly feel it will affect resale value- people looking for Pro's are going to specifically ask if they have the new Slimer mech's, and one way to tell you have the 'old' machine is checking for that 'reinforcment' typo. I know if I was in the market for a used Pro, I'd be avoiding those machines for sure.

#1166 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I think it's pretty messed up on Stern's part to be shipping Pro models with the older Slimer mech's that clearly do not work properly. Not cool at all. Not only that, I truly feel it will affect resale value- people looking for Pro's are going to specifically ask if they have the new Slimer mech's, and one way to tell you have the 'old' machine is checking for that 'reinforcment' typo. I know if I was in the market for a used Pro, I'd be avoiding those machines for sure.

Is Stern not replacing the earlier version of the Slimer mech? As for the typo, I believe that was fixed on hr LE but not for the pro.

#1167 7 years ago

I have a original mech and it works exactly as it should. Few simple adjustments out of the box and no issue afterward. Played 3 games yesterday on it, 600million, 1.5 billion and 550 million so yeah he works great. I have no fear of resale cause once you play it and see him register right all worries disappear...plus the new mech is so ugly and false reads on bounce indirect hits. Does the LEs have the arm sticking out the top of mech or is it designed like the original pro?

#1168 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I have a original mech and it works exactly as it should. Few simple adjustments out of the box and no issue afterward. Played 3 games yesterday on it, 600million, 1.5 billion and 550 million so yeah he works great. I have no fear of resale cause once you play it and see him register right all worries disappear...plus the new mech is so ugly and false reads on bounce indirect hits. Does the LEs have the arm sticking out the top of mech or is it designed like the original pro?

Agree on the factory fix for Slimer, looks hacked.

#1169 7 years ago

Well,folks,had a talk with my dealer yesterday,(Gameroomguys),and they said the GB/pre,s are going through a QC recheck,and should be going out ,now,in August!

#1170 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well,folks,had a talk with my dealer yesterday,(Gameroomguys),and they said the GB/pre,s are going through a QC recheck,and should be going out ,now,in August!

I'll happily wait longer for my LE in order to get an extra QC check.

#1171 7 years ago

I have a Pro on order.

#1172 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Sorry for the crappy pic, I can take better ones from home this evening, but here's how my Slimer mech looks on my LE.
slimermech_(resized).jpgslimermech_(resized).jpg

#1173 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Sorry for the crappy pic, I can take better ones from home this evening, but here's how my Slimer mech looks on my LE.

Looks like they put some heatshrink tubing on the spade connector. The pro I got this week has the same mech but no covering on the connector.

#1174 7 years ago

Hello owners! I have a quick question??Where exactly do you use the Green Glo balls??How many??? Do they enter into play?,or,just for nuton balls?? Thanks,peace!!!

#1175 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hello owners! I have a quick question??Where exactly do you use the Green Glo balls??How many??? Do they enter into play?,or,just for nuton balls?? Thanks,peace!!!

Just the newton balls

#1176 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

They're just captive balls on the left side of the machine and one in the middle. If you replace them all, you need 4. I did one green in the middle and alternated green-pink-green on the left.

#1177 7 years ago

Speaking of balls, would Silverjet premium balls work well in the game or are they bad because they may retain magnetism, like from the magnaslings?

#1178 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Where exactly do you use the Green Glo balls??

Where ever you like. Customization at its best.

#1179 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

They're just captive balls on the left side of the machine and one in the middle. If you replace them all, you need 4. I did one green in the middle and alternated green-pink-green on the left.

Thank,you!! I knew they were a tad lighter than a regular ball,so didn't know if they would work on the pf,thanks all

#1180 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

hmm, thats worrying, did he say why? My dealer thought he would get me one in August no problem but if they don't ship from the US until August then unlikely that it will arrive - wanted it for last weekend of August for a party I'm having for my granddaughter!

Neil.

#1181 7 years ago

I played a ton of Ghostbusters (Pro) at CAX this past weekend, and I'm relieved that I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Can't wait to have my Premium in the house!

#1182 7 years ago

The game is really fantastic. Getting better every day. Earlier I posted that adding thicker foam behind the 2X playfield target helped a bit with airballs. Well I found something that has helped a bit more. Two things actually.

1. Bend the 2X and 3X playfield targets down a bit. I noticed on my Star Trek that the small stand up targets were leaning forward, not back, so I bent the 2X and 3X targets down a bit. That helped way more than the foam.

2. Increase the pitch of the playfield. I started at exactly 6.5 degrees. I feel the airballs reduced and it played better overall at a bit steeper pitch. It was curious because the bubble that is on the side rail is true much closer to 7 degrees. So I made it a bit more steep.

Thee two things have made the game play better IMO. Your mileage may vary but wanted to share.

Eric

#1183 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

2. Increase the pitch of the playfield. I started at exactly 6.5 degrees. I feel the airballs reduced and it played better overall at a bit steeper pitch. It was curious because the bubble that is on the side rail is true much closer to 7 degrees. So I made it a bit more steep.

I have mine at 7.1 and that cut down the air balls.

#1184 7 years ago

Here's a before and after with Stern's plastic sling protectors. I went with the green ones. I'm not sure how much I like them, but they do diffuse the sling lights and cause the area in the slings to glow green. Kind of a neat effect there. I also put on some Perfect Play silicon bands, but I'm not sure if I like the extra grip. I thought they were supposed to be pretty close to regular rubber. I might go back to standard rubber.

20160719_214611_(resized).jpg20160719_214611_(resized).jpg
20160719_221321_(resized).jpg20160719_221321_(resized).jpg

#1185 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Here's a before and after with Stern's plastic sling protectors. I went with the green ones. I'm not sure how much I like them, but they do diffuse the sling lights and cause the area in the slings to glow green. Kind of a neat effect there. I also put on some Perfect Play silicon bands, but I'm not sure if I like the extra grip. I thought they were supposed to be pretty close to regular rubber. I might go back to standard rubber.

I don't care for the way they mess with the purple color of the original plastics and I wish the ghosts lit up fully, they only half light up. I may have to do something about that.

#1186 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I don't care for the way they mess with the purple color of the original plastics and I wish the ghosts lit up fully, they only half light up. I may have to do something about that.

It looks unfinished. Kind of wish they had shaped the protector to cover the whole ghost.

#1187 7 years ago

I picked up mine from the lovely Mezels-cover the out lanes as well so no jumping over image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1188 7 years ago

I had some black pearl pinballs on hand so I installed them in the captive ball area on the left. I like it.

#1189 7 years ago

Any other fixes for the lane guide hopping other than buying those plastic extenders?

#1190 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Any other fixes for the lane guide hopping other than buying those plastic extenders?

It very rarely happens on my game, so I have never worried about it, but I can't think of anything other than the plastics to fix it. It's not enough of a problem for me that I've looked into it though.

#1191 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It very rarely happens on my game, so I have never worried about it, but I can't think of anything other than the plastics to fix it. It's not enough of a problem for me that I've looked into it though.

Cool. What pitch is your game at?

#1192 7 years ago

I'm having a blast with my LE. I've had it over a week now and I've been playing a lot...most of my games are quick and terrible, but I'm getting things dialed a bit more all the time.

I really haven't decided on a strategy yet, but "who brought the dog" is the easiest skill shot for me to get. I usually start that, try to complete it and as many modes as I can, and the rest takes care of itself as far as locking balls, chasing slimer, and completing the other hurry ups.

I'm not sure what gear awards do, other than give you a descent amount of points. I would love to see you have to "gear up" for a ghost battle or something and have that integrated with rumored laser mod proton pack thing.

I would love to hear from other owners what their approach to the game is at this point.

#1193 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Cool. What pitch is your game at?

I'd need to measure. I usually adjust based on feel rather than hard numbers. Generally my games are on the steeper side though.

#1194 7 years ago

What are your thoughts on game strategy jar155?

#1195 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'd need to measure. I usually adjust based on feel rather than hard numbers. Generally my games are on the steeper side though.

Thanks. If the one I'm going to be playing doesn't settle down, maybe we will try it at a steeper pitch.

#1196 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

What are your thoughts on game strategy jar155?

Depends on how confident you are in being able to hit the K and collect playfield multipliers without draining. If you can do that, then on ball 2 and 3 I would try to do that and roll those multipliers into multiball or Loopin' Supers. That's a tough ask though, really tough. I think that's your way to blow the game up, but it would be hard to make that a consistent play.

What I generally do is take a mode start skill shot on ball 1 to keep Slimer in my pocket for ball 2. I will shoot for the 5X skill shot at that point, unless I'm close to starting multiball already. If multiball is ready, I'll shoot for the light multipliers skill shot. But assuming I'm a handful of shots away from MB still, I'll collect the 5X skill shot, use Slimer to get into a mode, and build up ghosts and progress through modes and get multiball ready. On ball 3, same thing. If multiball is close, go for the multiplier skill shot, if not, 5X and play to finish modes and get into multiball.

If you can roll a mode into Storage Multiball and get Loopin' Supers going with a playfield multiplier, the score just explodes.

Lately I've been playing to see certain modes over score, however. I've yet to really focus on points as much as I have been on completing ladders. That music in Gozer the Gozerian is so good. Screw the score, I want to hear that tune. Haha.

#1197 7 years ago

I'm ready for my game now. Just waiting on a premium. Found ecto cooler at a local grocery $2 for 10 juice boxes. And ghostbusters advertise twinkies.

#1198 7 years ago

They're supposed to have limited edition slime green lime twinkies that are stuffed with green filling but not very limey according to what I've read, haven't tried them.

cc9999ea-3281-4f38-aafa-390fb28cc87b_1.4373c7d0565f29293639c542667dd2d4_(resized).jpegcc9999ea-3281-4f38-aafa-390fb28cc87b_1.4373c7d0565f29293639c542667dd2d4_(resized).jpeg

#1199 7 years ago

Crap. Would have gotten those in a heartbeat. The only special editions I saw were banana and these marked with the logo.

#1200 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveMan:

They're supposed to have limited edition slime green lime twinkies that are stuffed with green filling but not very limey according to what I've read, haven't tried them.

Been seeing these in Walmart's

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/24?hl=steveman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.