B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 250.
#11501 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

This is far from a good comparison to the real thing.
Magna slings are just freaking awesome. Id buy a premium for that alone!

I agree. Magna slings are the best. Multi ball with 3 balls caught on one magna sling!

#11502 1 year ago

ZMeny Echoed my sentiments perfectly in a video review: "Leave the bottom portion of my pinball alone."

Are magna slings awesome? YES. Are they unique? Also YES. I will say that I do fear it's a novelty that could get old/frustrating real fast.

My main heartbreak is that I wish the pro had the subway ramp. I am not a huge fan of the metal rail crossing the playfield on the premium but the feeding to the left flipper is helpful.. Slimer moving in all directions does not matter to me at ALL, nor do missing 3D sculpts. The Ecto Goggles are really neat but not a huge factor.

I have a pro and would jump at a premium if I had the chance. As someone mentioned earlier however, you can get another pin with that money. Many people say the pro shoot/flows better. I don't have ANY regrets with my pro BUT if I were to stumble upon a premium in a good trade or for a good price, I'd grab it.

#11503 1 year ago

Hey what’s the difference in COLOR DMD AND LED FOR GHOSTBUSTERS I’m in the club so I’m excited n want to start adding mods talk to me my people. LOL

#11504 1 year ago

Since everybody is talking about magna slings I want to know if mine are working correctly. The right hand magna sling works and works well and those two triangle lights light up. My left magna sling has never activated. I don't know if the left one is supposed to work or not.

If both magna slings are supposed to work, what could be the reason my left sling does not do the magna?

I am the 2nd owner of this pin so I don't know how it is supposed to work out of he box.

#11505 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Since everybody is talking about magna slings I want to know if mine are working correctly. The right hand magna sling works and works well and those two triangle lights light up. My left magna sling has never activated. I don't know if the left one is supposed to work or not.
If both magna slings are supposed to work, what could be the reason my left sling does not do the magna?
I am the 2nd owner of this pin so I don't know how it is supposed to work out of he box.

It's definitely supposed to work. Some sequences are really well done when both are active...for example early on they stay more reserved but the further you progress the crazier they get. There is one sequence where the magnets act like normal slings, pushing and pulling the ball back and forth between the slings at a consistent speed. I love that. Other sequences take the ball and throw it up or down, love that too. Another sequence I notice during multiball the ball will be held by the magnet and kind of "freeze", then drop to the flipper...I love it all. The magna slings are probably my favorite feature on this machine.

#11506 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes they are both supposed to work. Check the switches in switch test to make sure they are registering. They may be gapped too wide or too close or maybe a wiring problem.

#11507 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Yes they are both supposed to work. Check the switches in switch test to make sure they are registering. They may be gapped too wide or too close or maybe a wiring problem.

Thanks. I'll look into this

Quoted from orlandu81:

It's definitely supposed to work. Some sequences are really well done when both are active...for example early on they stay more reserved but the further you progress the crazier they get. There is one sequence where the magnets act like normal slings, pushing and pulling the ball back and forth between the slings at a consistent speed. I love that. Other sequences take the ball and throw it up or down, love that too. Another sequence I notice during multiball the ball will be held by the magnet and kind of "freeze", then drop to the flipper...I love it all. The magna slings are probably my favorite feature on this machine.

I have had it where the right sling has tossed the ball SDTM and threw it all the way up to the firehouse. One time the ball locked on the play field and kept going back and forth with about a 3 inch travel.

I have not had any magna action during multiball. You make me feel like I'm missing something.

I hope both of you stick around. I may have more questions. But it will be a couple of days before I can look into it.

#11508 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have had it where the right sling has tossed the ball SDTM and threw it all the way up to the firehouse. One time the ball locked on the play field and kept going back and forth with about a 3 inch travel.
I have not had any magna action during multiball. You make me feel like I'm missing something.
I hope both of you stick around. I may have more questions. But it will be a couple of days before I can look into it.

You can send me a PM and we can talk directly. I'm happy to send you some video of the action in the multiple scenarios.

#11509 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

My favorite is when the balls float in the middle circling each other. Just amazing to watch.

#11510 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

No magnasling during multiball? Something seems off.

#11511 1 year ago

Magna slings only demo

#11512 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

You can send me a PM and we can talk directly. I'm happy to send you some video of the action in the multiple scenarios.

PM sent. Thanks.

Quoted from Rager170:

My favorite is when the balls float in the middle circling each other. Just amazing to watch.

Never seen this on my GB.

Quoted from Rager170:

No. I have never experienced any magna sling action during multiball.

Quoted from Morgoth00:

Magna slings only demo

What is happening in this video is so much more than I have experienced on my GB. The left side triangle white lights only light up during the test functions. Never during game play.

#11513 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Magna slings only demo

This is a tedious video to watch lol.

#11514 1 year ago

The triangles should light up after a certain number of sling hits, once the lights are on it means that the magnet with now do more crazy things with the ball than the typical sling function. Ive had my game almost like spin the ball in a circle and throw it in all directions or start a throw in a direction and stop it mid throw to change its direction. The magna slings are awesome i wish they would use these in more titles.

#11515 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Quoted from Rager170:

It's official, boys and girls. I did a switch test and my left magna sling is deader than the proverbial door nail.

1) I have lifted the play field and the magna coil is plugged in.

2) I unplugged/disconnected and swapped the wire/connectors for both manga coils and the problem stays with the left magnet.

In short, both cables that power the slings are pushing power to the magnets. But the left magnet does not work.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know how to trouble shoot this.

My first thoughts are that the left sling magnet is bad.

But I have no clue. If the magnet is not bad, then what else could it be?

And if the magnet is bad how would I test for that?
----------------------------------------------------------

Or maybe the switch wiring is bad? I'm not sure how to trouble shoot that, either; Not without ripping into the wire harness. I don't know where the switch gets its power from.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the $500.00 question: If the magnet is bad, where do I get a replacement? I have found this UK link with the magnet for sale for $146.00 Euros. If this UK site even ships to the states, I can already feel the bend-over shipping charges.

https://www.stern-spareparts.de/en/stern-spareparts/spare-parts-by-game/ghostbusters-premium/magnetic-slingshot-assembly-511-7705-00_1971_1773

All thoughts and ideas are welcomed.

EDIT: Ok. looking at the service manual, on page 13, 3.2 Switch Reference shows the left sling leaf switch has a gray/blue input wire and a black /yellow ground wire. And then there is a column that gives address numbers and the left sling leaf switch has an Address of 9-SW-31. And I have no clue as to what this address is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT #2:

OK. I found where the gray/blue wire for the left switch goes to.

It looks like Node board #9 if I am reading everything correctly. Connector CN10.

Nine Ball Plastic 2 (resized).jpegNine Ball Plastic 2 (resized).jpeg

So, now I have found the power source for the left sling switch. How do I test this?

Is my Node board bad for the left switch? And if it is bad, can I even buy a replacement from Stern?

#11516 1 year ago

Just finished a design for the Library upgrade that will replace the Stern Library - similar in looks and size but has a base that is mounted first and then the top goes over with the building looking similar to the real building.

It has a series of windows that will light up with GI. It will have 2 different mounting systems into the base - one for Pro owners to uterlise the 2 angle brackets and then the 4 holes for the Premium / LE guys.

Also still got to finalise the decal as well.

I am waiting on quote for parts and then I will order a set to final test fit and paint up and install.

Also working on a few other buildings to add that world under glass feeling for this game - something a little more unique.

GB - Library Mod (resized).pngGB - Library Mod (resized).png

#11517 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

Just finished a design for the Library upgrade that will replace the Stern Library - similar in looks and size but has a base that is mounted first and then the top goes over with the building looking similar to the real building.
It has a series of windows that will light up with GI. It will have 2 different mounting systems into the base - one for Pro owners to uterlise the 2 angle brackets and then the 4 holes for the Premium / LE guys.
I am waiting on quote for parts and then I will order a set to final test fit and paint up and install.
Also working on a few other buildings to add that world under glass feeling for this game - something a little more unique.
[quoted image]

My GB Pro needs something for the terrible plastic library, looking forward to seeing/hearing what you do!

#11518 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

[quoted image]

Ah...pinball. A hobby where the money train never stops

#11519 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Ah...pinball. A hobby where the money train never stops

yes, but I am doing this one for me because I have a GB Pro and I want the library mod with lights and hoping to add a rgb purple track up and down for the library ghost simulation but that is later.

The other buildings are for the same reason. I hate the stern firestation and while wolfcubs version is very nice, it is too big for my liking and then 2 other mods to add which will make sense when they come.

The bonus is, if anyone wants something I can provide...

I am aiming for the glow in the 3 arches and the side windows.
IMG_8770-2017-04-20-NYPL-gala-1080x675 (resized).jpgIMG_8770-2017-04-20-NYPL-gala-1080x675 (resized).jpgNYC-Public-Library-Building (resized).jpgNYC-Public-Library-Building (resized).jpgnew-york-public-library-night-view-55794571 (resized).jpgnew-york-public-library-night-view-55794571 (resized).jpg

#11520 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

[quoted image]

Interested in a pro version.

#11521 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It's official, boys and girls. I did a switch test and my left magna sling is deader than the proverbial door nail.
2) I unplugged/disconnected and swapped the wire/connectors for both manga coils and the problem stays with the left magnet.
In short, both cables that power the slings are pushing power to the magnets. But the left magnet does not work.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know how to trouble shoot this.
My first thoughts are that the left sling magnet is bad.
But I have no clue. If the magnet is not bad, then what else could it be?
And if the magnet is bad how would I test for that?
----------------------------------------------------------
Or maybe the switch wiring is bad? I'm not sure how to trouble shoot that, either; Not without ripping into the wire harness. I don't know where the switch gets its power from.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the $500.00 question: If the magnet is bad, where do I get a replacement? I have found this UK link with the magnet for sale for $146.00 Euros. If this UK site even ships to the states, I can already feel the bend-over shipping charges.
https://www.stern-spareparts.de/en/stern-spareparts/spare-parts-by-game/ghostbusters-premium/magnetic-slingshot-assembly-511-7705-00_1971_1773
All thoughts and ideas are welcomed.
EDIT: Ok. looking at the service manual, on page 13, 3.2 Switch Reference shows the left sling leaf switch has a gray/blue input wire and a black /yellow ground wire. And then there is a column that gives address numbers and the left sling leaf switch has an Address of 9-SW-31. And I have no clue as to what this address is.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT #2:
OK. I found where the gray/blue wire for the left switch goes to.
It looks like Node board #9 if I am reading everything correctly. Connector CN10.
[quoted image]
So, now I have found the power source for the left sling switch. How do I test this?
Is my Node board bad for the left switch? And if it is bad, can I even buy a replacement from Stern?

Set you meter to measure ohms. Unplug the coil in question and measure the resistance across the 2 pins of the coil.

If the coil measures bad, I’d be tempted to take it apart and see if there was a simple broken wire that I could repair before spending $200 on a new one.

#11522 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I had fun with a magnasling magnet once......

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-9-node-not-found-was-the-beginning#post-6079658

#11523 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I would start to see if the switches are not closed all the time. So the leaves must not touch eachother otherwise the sling will just shut off. Your switch test showed that there was no response there. So start there.

#11524 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Set you meter to measure ohms. Unplug the coil in question and measure the resistance across the 2 pins of the coil.
If the coil measures bad, I’d be tempted to take it apart and see if there was a simple broken wire that I could repair before spending $200 on a new one.

Thanks. I'll check the coil. I'll do some more checking to try and isolate the problem

Nice link. Thanks. i'll study this one hard. I got the part number from one of your pics. Pinball Life does stock this node board. $150.00. But it is available. Sure is/are a lot of electronics parts on that little board. Do you think I could get off lucky and only have to replace a SCR/transistor?

Quoted from PeterG:

I would start to see if the switches are not closed all the time. So the leaves must not touch eachother otherwise the sling will just shut off. Your switch test showed that there was no response there. So start there.

Switch is open. Thanks.

#11525 1 year ago

Did you have some special tool to help with pulling the connectors on the node board? They look like locking connectors and the node board is buried under a huge cluster of wires. I do not see easy access to removing the node board.

Any tricks you or anybody else has for removing this node board will be appreciated.

Thanks

#11526 1 year ago

So I got my pin 2 days ago and last night really went to work on the playfield cleaning everything. Man it was nasty but is cleaning up nicely with elbow grease. The outside of game is spotless not a scratch on it n I was surprised sense it’ had been routed.
Should I get a Color DMD or led color one I’ve been watching some reviews on utube but I can’t really tell which is better any ideas.

#11527 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

So I got my pin 2 days ago and last night really went to work on the playfield cleaning everything. Man it was nasty but is cleaning up nicely with elbow grease. The outside of game is spotless not a scratch on it n I was surprised sense it’ had been routed.
Should I get a Color DMD or led color one I’ve been watching some reviews on utube but I can’t really tell which is better any ideas.

You will get mixed opinions on this so I recommend reading the below and making your own informed decision. Neither decision is wrong.

https://www.colordmd.com/lcdvsled.html

#11528 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Did you have some special tool to help with pulling the connectors on the node board? They look like locking connectors and the node board is buried under a huge cluster of wires. I do not see easy access to removing the node board.
Any tricks you or anybody else has for removing this node board will be appreciated.
Thanks

If I remember, it was fairly easy to replace, no special tools were needed.

In my situation, I’m not sure which occurred first, a board issue causing the magnet to lock on, or the magnet locking on causing the board to fry and die. Since replacing the board and magnet, no issues and playing has been flawless.

#11529 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I went for the CDMD replacement (SKU: GB-SPIKE-SHIELD). I like having the options to play with, having different modes to choose from.

Adding color to the GB animations really livens this machine up. Some of the best for animations out there, makes some of these newer LCD screen “animations” look dated.

#11530 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I went for the CDMD replacement (SKU: GB-SPIKE-SHIELD). I like having the options to play with, having different modes to choose from.
Adding color to the GB animations really livens this machine up. Some of the best for animations out there, makes some of these newer LCD screen “animations” look dated.

I believe that is what I’m going to do to. The more I read on it n what u said is the way to go thanks.

#11531 1 year ago

This is the first pin I’ve bought used n for 5800$ was a good deal. I also see for the first time how nasty a playfield can get from being on route and hasn’t ever been cleared. I’ve taken the whole ramp system off and plastics just to get to everything and will have to replace the rubbers now I know why it cost so much to get someone to do it. LOL.

#11532 1 year ago

I forgot who’s got the best complete rubber kits I’m replacing all of them. Thanks

#11533 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I forgot who’s got the best complete rubber kits I’m replacing all of them. Thanks

I don't buy kits since they're always more expensive. I prefer perfect play silicon from PBL. Comes in colors or translucent. There are definitely other options as well like regular rubber, Titan, Super Bands, etc.. Always buy extra for the high wear rubbers like flipper and slingshot.

#11534 1 year ago

I remember a while back there were posts linking to code that incorporated the movie's original soundtrack. Does anyone know if those are still available and where I can find them? Thanks!

#11535 1 year ago

Sad to report I'm now out of the club. I had my premium for over 4 years and its just time to try something new (JP in this case) and let someone else experience this great machine. Yes, I know it has it's critics, but this game is firmly seated in my top 3 Sterns ever. Exquisitely themed and just a beautifully brutal, brilliant game.

I'm pretty sure I will be back in this club sometime in the future.

#11536 1 year ago

What if anything can be done about SDTM drains when exiting out of the pop bumpers from the center? I find myself nudging as the pinball rolls out of the orbit to get it away from the post. Has anyone had success adding a band there?
I dont mind draining off tough kickbacks when I miss a shot, but never having a chance to get a flipper touch the ball off the launch can be frustrating.

#11537 1 year ago
Quoted from Caponicus:

What if anything can be done about SDTM drains when exiting out of the pop bumpers from the center? I find myself nudging as the pinball rolls out of the orbit to get it away from the post. Has anyone had success adding a band there?
I dont mind draining off tough kickbacks when I miss a shot, but never having a chance to get a flipper touch the ball off the launch can be frustrating.

Maybe try ajusting levelers left to right just a little!

#11538 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Now, here is a man with a solution

#11539 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

[quoted image]

That’s nice I want one lol

#11540 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Very good advice for SDTM rolls. A very slight left or right tilt can save a lot of headaches. You could also consider the center post mode. It adds a center post attached to a plastic so you don’t need to alter your playfield at all. It doesn’t come into play much, but might help with repeated SDTM rolls, if adjusting the left/right pitch isn’t what you want.

#11541 1 year ago

I have 2 3D printed libraries spare that a friend made me a few months back. They are a tad on the smaller side but IMO still look better than the flat plastic found in the pro.

If anyone wants 1, feel free to drop me a DM. I will ship each one at my expense within the U.S.

309887143_506612720969916_5458776149626309070_n (resized).jpg309887143_506612720969916_5458776149626309070_n (resized).jpg309935900_455668583064396_8845325658089260834_n (resized).jpg309935900_455668583064396_8845325658089260834_n (resized).jpg310117526_5668064956642807_7931265124860911285_n (resized).jpg310117526_5668064956642807_7931265124860911285_n (resized).jpg
Added 14 months ago:

***These have both been claimed and shipped, thank you***

#11542 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Very good advice for SDTM rolls. A very slight left or right tilt can save a lot of headaches. You could also consider the center post mode. It adds a center post attached to a plastic so you don’t need to alter your playfield at all. It doesn’t come into play much, but might help with repeated SDTM rolls, if adjusting the left/right pitch isn’t what you want.

I have the center mounted. It only helps about 5% of the time. It might be the thing for SDTM drains.

#11543 1 year ago

For those who may have been awaiting for another batch of a walking Stay Puft Marshmellow...

I just got an email from Mezel Mods that they are making these again and taking preorders now.

--ANNIVERSARY EDITION: Ghostbusters Pinball Walking Stay Puft (PRE-ORDER) $240 plus shipping.

Just FYI as I have been wanting one of these forever.

#11544 1 year ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

For those who may have been awaiting for another batch of a walking Stay Puft Marshmellow...
I just got an email from Mezel Mods that they are making these again and taking preorders now.
--ANNIVERSARY EDITION: Ghostbusters Pinball Walking Stay Puft (PRE-ORDER) $240 plus shipping.

It's neat but Jeebus, I forgot how much I paid for it, in CDN $$.

#11545 1 year ago

Well after 2-1/2 weeks of getting my ghostbusters pro for 5800$ I have brought it back to a beautiful pin. I pulled the playfield completely out of the pin n nearly took everything off it and started cleaning the crud off n man it was black stuff everywhere but for my first time ever doing this it turned out very nice n I’ve got mod’s on the way.

Quoted from Zeusflurry:

I ordered mine today.

#11546 1 year ago

A little late to the game here but GB is one title that owning the premium is almost a must in my opinion. The pro while fun to shoot is just missing too much and that dead end shot Personally the only Sterns that I would own pros of are GOTG,TMNT and maybe STh. I had a premium STh but really enjoyed shooting the pro. Just my two cents obviously. No offense to pro owners.

#11547 1 year ago

Hope you get the mags fixed did you notice how large the coils are! Love the slings and that is the only reason

Quoted from big-c66:

Well after 2-1/2 weeks of getting my ghostbusters pro for 5800$ I have brought it back to a beautiful pin. I pulled the playfield completely out of the pin n nearly took everything off it and started cleaning the crud off n man it was black stuff everywhere but for my first time ever doing this it turned out very nice n I’ve got mod’s on the way.

I ordered mine today.

Congratulations on the deep cleaning I love the pro have fun with the mods!

#11548 1 year ago

Wrong thread

#11549 1 year ago

For those of you considering a walking stay-puft, you should consider this option that has a controller that makes it walk interactively with game play.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-mr-stay-puft

#11550 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

For those of you considering a walking stay-puft, you should consider this option that has a controller that makes it walk interactively with game play.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-mr-stay-puft

Mezel mods has added this to there’s to

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 103.00
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/231?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.