B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 250.
#1051 7 years ago

Thanks guys!

#1052 7 years ago

WOW! Hot pink looks badass, hope Stern do this in a later special edition run.

#1053 7 years ago

IMG_20160711_122825_(resized).jpgIMG_20160711_122825_(resized).jpg

#1054 7 years ago

LE # 264 arrived today in Melbourne - Australia.
Build date 23 May and I've had it set up for a few hrs now.

A couple of dozen games in (did I mention I can't play for shit?) and I'm really impressed.
The "city under glass" is a really good way to describe how much detail is in there once you start looking for it.
Manga slings rock, it's a totally different feel to slings (no shit Sherlock) as they just move the ball around without even a slight vibration.
When the ball is heading toward the slings you are expecting the feel, sound and vibrational feedback of the kicker firing and there's just nothing.
The ball hits, there's a wicked sound effect and the ball fires off in a random direction.
It's unusual but really cool.
Ecto goggles are cool and fun to "blow up" the "ghost in the machine" (shout out to all the Police fans out there).
Ramps great, sound great, dots also great.
My Little Slimer is fully registering any and all hits and he only looks a little ungainly heading back to his resting posi above the city managing to smack into 2 or 3 edges of various buildings on the way...

So there you go a clearly biased quick review from a self confessed crap pinball player.
You're welcome

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1055 7 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

LE # 264 arrived today in Melbourne - Australia.
Build date 23 May and I've had it set up for a few hrs now.
A couple of dozen games in (did I mention I can't play for shit?) and I'm really impressed.
The "city under glass" is a really good way to describe how much detail is in there once you start looking for it.
Manga slings rock, it's a totally different feel to slings (no shit Sherlock) as they just move the ball around without even a slight vibration.
When the ball is heading toward the slings you are expecting the feel, sound and vibrational feedback of the kicker firing and there's just nothing.
The ball hits, there's a wicked sound effect and the ball fires off in a random direction.
It's unusual but really cool.
Ecto goggles are cool and fun to "blow up" the "ghost in the machine" (shout out to all the Police fans out there).
Ramps great, sound great, dots also great.
My Little Slimer is fully registering any and all hits and he only looks a little ungainly heading back to his resting posi above the city managing to smack into 2 or 3 edges of various buildings on the way...
So there you go a clearly biased quick review from a self confessed crap pinball player.
You're welcome

Thanks, im on the list for a premium, how do the drop targets drop? Any other issues we should be ready for?

#1056 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Thanks, im on the list for a premium, how do the drop targets drop? Any other issues we should be ready for?

I can report that the drop targets on my GBLE are hair trigger smooth when touched with the glass off

#1057 7 years ago

Hey guys, I'm looking for a favor from a Ghostbusters owner with a topper. I'm wondering if you could measure how tall your game is with the Ghostbusters topper on and the rear leg levelers lifted? I'm renovating my basement and just want to make sure I have enough room for mine when it arrives.

#1058 7 years ago

hi there,
so how does this premium/Le machine play? i need some feedback
i have played a lot on the pro and would like to know how you feel this right ramps compared with the pro's one.
i'm sure that is a great improvement, correct?
thanks

#1059 7 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Hey guys, I'm looking for a favor from a Ghostbusters owner with a topper. I'm wondering if you could measure how tall your game is with the Ghostbusters topper on and the rear leg levelers lifted? I'm renovating my basement and just want to make sure I have enough room for mine when it arrives.

I get 84 inches. 75 for the machine itself and 9 for the topper at it's tallest. That's with leg levelers extended and little carpet sliders too which maybe add half an inch or so.

#1060 7 years ago

So I'm at 100% working now. It's taken hours of fixing. A lot of it was real fixing, not just tweaking, but I'm happy to say that LE #67 is playing exactly as it should.

The game is a riot. There are SO MANY satisfying shots on this thing. Just for funsies I love chaining right ramp shots together. My longest streak is 6 in a row. I wish it did more than increase the River of Slime award for doing that, but doing the right ramp and River of Slime collect combo is also satisfying. The skill shot system is fantastic and I hope that they carry that forward onto other games that have you plunging to pops where you can also short or long plunge around them.

My 7-year old is doing well on the machine. He can generally get through one mode, and nearly passed Spook Central yesterday. Not bad for a little flipper.

#1061 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The game is a riot. There are SO MANY satisfying shots on this thing. Just for funsies I love chaining right ramp shots together. My longest streak is 6 in a row. I wish it did more than increase the River of Slime award for doing that, but doing the right ramp and River of Slime collect combo is also satisfying.

I think both side point collections are pretty weak sauce honestly. Seems like a throw away just to add "something." Might be better with a scoop but on the pre it's never worth going for the right hole to collect...that hole is pretty unused/avoided for me anyway

#1062 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think both side point collections are pretty weak sauce honestly. Seems like a throw away just to add "something." Might be better with a scoop but on the pre it's never worth going for the right hole to collect...that hole is pretty unused/avoided for me anyway

I imagine these will be coded to be more integrated with time. The points aren't great on the slime collect, but they can be pretty big on the gear. They just feel good to hit, but yeah, not many points there.

#1063 7 years ago

usually I like to see pins come FROM Italy Man, would I love to have a NIB zaccaria.

#1064 7 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

I get 84 inches. 75 for the machine itself and 9 for the topper at it's tallest. That's with leg levelers extended and little carpet sliders too which maybe add half an inch or so.

Wow that's cutting it close but should be o.k. I measure 86" now and I have to drywall and put in thin flooring but should fit. My Addams Family with topper measures at about 83" so this one will be very close. I'm super excited to get the game and play it like crazy.

#1065 7 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Wow that's cutting it close but should be o.k. I measure 86" now and I have to drywall and put in thin flooring but should fit. My Addams Family with topper measures at about 83" so this one will be very close. I'm super excited to get the game and play it like crazy.

Looks like a good reason to go with a black painted exposed ceiling and if your games are lined up in line with your floor joists above you'd have what another 8-10 inches more to play with. I have 12 of my 14 games like that and it really makes a difference.

#1066 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks like a good reason to go with a black painted exposed ceiling...

Truth!

#1067 7 years ago

Ok folks,

Now that you have all seen the Hot Pink GB, it's now up for grabs! Stock machine with Hot Pink trim/armor installed. Slimer mech fix in place and works perfectly. Has about 50 games on it and plays perfect! Selling because I can't handle the really bright proprietary color changing LEDs that Stern has installed. My eyes simply can't handle it which is too bad because we really like this game...

Anyways, looking for a nice Addams Family first, but would consider other WPC titles. I'm not looking to sell at this time or trade for any other newer Stern titles (Spike system games). PM me with any other questions. Located in Concord/Bay Area. Thx!

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

IMG_1508_(resized).jpgIMG_1508_(resized).jpg

#1068 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

! Selling because I can't handle the really bright proprietary color changing LEDs that Stern has installed. My eyes simply can't handle it which is too bad because we really like this game...

That's too bad ,considering all you've done to it. Have you tried using something between the LED and insert to diffuse the light? Experiment with some parchment paper. My Tron had one of those LED strip light kits installed when I got it, and for me it was way too bright. I put a layer of parchment paper between the lights and translite and it really mellowed it out.

#1069 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Ok folks,
Now that you have all seen the Hot Pink GB, it's now up for grabs! Stock machine with Hot Pink trim/armor installed. Slimer mech fix in place and works perfectly. Has about 50 games on it and plays perfect! Selling because I can't handle the really bright proprietary color changing LEDs that Stern has installed. My eyes simply can't handle it which is too bad because we really like this game...
Anyways, looking for a nice Addams Family first, but would consider other WPC titles. I'm not looking to sell at this time or trade for any other newer Stern titles (Spike system games). PM me with any other questions. Located in Concord/Bay Area. Thx!
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

Not sure why you would want any other Spike games as they fry your retinas also... GOT.etc... I've found it's easy to get some colored gel sheets and cut them up to insert between the light board and insert to color them and it dims them considerably. For the color changing RGB's you could use a grey to simply dim them.

If it's about the trim color I'm with ya... I don't think I'd want to see that color every morning I get up either

#1070 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

If it's about the trim color I'm with ya... I don't think I'd want to see that color every morning I get up either

#1071 7 years ago

Can you turn down the brightness in the settings like GOT? I am at work so I can't check...

#1072 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Not sure why you would want any other Spike games as they fry your retinas also... GOT.etc... I've found it's easy to get some colored gel sheets and cut them up to insert between the light board and insert to color them and it dims them considerably. For the color changing RGB's you could use a grey to simply dim them.

Don't want spike system games. Nope!

#1073 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Don't want spike system games. Nope!

Your original post says the opposite so you may wanna fix that.

#1074 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Your original post says the opposite so you may wanna fix that.

It says:

I'm not looking to sell at this time or trade for any other newer Stern titles (Spike system games).

#1075 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:It says:
I'm not looking to sell at this time or trade for any other newer Stern titles (Spike system games).

Ah, my fault ...weird I read I the other way as someone else did. Good luck sir!

#1076 7 years ago

I'm confused by your post. You wish you could keep it, but have one hang up. And get three different suggestion to fix that hang up! Why not keep it? Or if you are really selling it for another reason, (don't like game play, profit for modding, want a premium). Just tell us. Every game isn't for everyone.

#1077 7 years ago

Put in art blades and speaker lights. They both look great!

20160714_001446_(resized).jpg20160714_001446_(resized).jpg

#1078 7 years ago

We got one today

box2_(resized).jpgbox2_(resized).jpg

#1079 7 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

We got one today

I see what you did there

#1080 7 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

I see what you did there

Faulty stern packaging lol

#1081 7 years ago

Got confirm mine ships Monday

#1082 7 years ago

So now all the LEs are shipping out, and I expect to see Premiums going next. I've heard Pros are trickling out slowly too. I'm #26 at my distributor for a Pro and not expecting until late August. Anyone know of any distributors who have any Pros available sooner? I plan to call around but thought I'd ask here first.

#1083 7 years ago

Picked up my USB drive to use for updates yesterday in the Back to School section at Walmart. Although it might now be big enough for all the stuff in the updates!

20160713_073317_resized_(resized).jpg20160713_073317_resized_(resized).jpg

#1084 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Put in art blades and speaker lights. They both look great!

Those are 2 nice additions, I have them too.

#1085 7 years ago

Who is supplying the speaker grills? I don't want to over mod my game but I like the look of both those and the art blades.

#1086 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Who is supplying the speaker grills? I don't want to over mod my game but I like the look of both those and the art blades.

Here you go:
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Designs.html

#1087 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

Picked up my USB drive to use for updates yesterday in the Back to School section at Walmart. Although it might now be big enough for all the stuff in the updates!

Sweet USB! Any chance you could post its UPC number?

#1088 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Yeah, they are design accent acrylics. I bought a pair for my wife to wear as earrings but they hurt her ears so I put them on my PRO.

#1089 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveMan:

Sweet USB! Any chance you could post its UPC number?

I found it, it's 617885014451.

Quoted from jeffsgames:

Right, if the game code gets much bigger (it's 935 MB now for V 1.05 for Premium/LE), it won't fit on the drive. The available space on a 1 GB drive is around 961 MB.

#1090 7 years ago

O lord...game specific keychains aren't lame enough anymore...each game has to have it's own USB stick?

#1091 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

O lord...game specific keychains aren't lame enough anymore...each game has to have it's own USB stick?

Cut slack, this is my first NIB and it's all fun to me.

#1092 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You want to stick it in your Ghostbusters after it's been in KISS? Gross, dude.

#1093 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

You want to stick it in your Ghostbusters after it's been in KISS? Gross, dude.

Ewww someone owns KISS; now that's gross!

#1094 7 years ago

1GB will likely not be enough. 1.05 was almost that much.

#1095 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Ok folks,
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

At PAGG, some people were talking about cutting up plastic milk jugs to make diffusers for overly-bright LEDs in Spike games.

#1096 7 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

At PAGG, some people were talking about cutting up plastic milk jugs to make diffusers for overly-bright LEDs in Spike games.

I did that behind the left side targets on my Getaway and it works great for that too.

#1097 7 years ago

Just got notification that my GB Pro from Cointaker left Sunbury, PA tonight at 4:30pm. Hopefully I can pick it up in Syracuse tomorrow morning. A fellow collector in Buffalo had his GB Pro arrived today from a different distributor, so Pro machines are shipping again at the same time as the LEs.

#1098 7 years ago

Hows the hologram thing? I haven't heard much about it.

#1099 7 years ago

It's raining GBLEs in Australia- and I got to visit Wallmart too when at Pintastic

#1100 7 years ago

Ah man, I've been looking for those Ghostbusters hot wheels cars everywhere and can't find them. I've tried numerous Wal-mart's as well. Awesome that you found some and enjoy your LE!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
15,699 (OBO)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 103.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/22?hl=steveman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.