B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 250.
#11401 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

A disturbing statement. Makes me fear 3-4 more years out and imagine if that circuit board on the back box went bad. Will Stern make that CB available for a machine that sold for $$$$ thousands of dollars new but is now yesterday's news?

Yeah. I mean, a nick in a decal is really no big deal at end of day, but lots of more important things that could fail. You'd think if they can sell 13m in Bond LEs in one day, they could offer up a little customer support. So many horror stories about people waiting forever for node boards on brand new games.... I'm one of the guys who ordered a Bond, but it's likely my last stern. Spooky, JJP, American - all are a safer bet if you have a problem.

#11402 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

A disturbing statement. Makes me fear 3-4 more years out and imagine if that circuit board on the back box went bad. Will Stern make that CB available for a machine that sold for $$$$ thousands of dollars new but is now yesterday's news?

Yeah…probably not. Hopefully they can at least be repaired. It’s definitely a concern.

#11403 1 year ago

Every time I turn my GB pro off, the time and date resets to Feb 15th 2015, it does not turn off free play or reset any high scores, just time/date. Anyone have this problem before or have any ideas what the problem is and how to repair? Thanks.

#11404 1 year ago
Quoted from Deadfootmummytoe:

Every time I turn my GB pro off, the time and date resets to Feb 15th 2015, it does not turn off free play or reset any high scores, just time/date. Anyone have this problem before or have any ideas what the problem is and how to repair? Thanks.

Battery been replaced lately?

#11405 1 year ago

Mine did the same thing, replacing the battery fixed it.

#11406 1 year ago

is very concerning, you just need an after market board to keep games alive in the future.

#11407 1 year ago

When i turn my volume up or down on my gb premium it makes this popping noise, same whenever the scare feature happens/volume changes by certain game modes. Is this normal? Have a feeling the coils in the backbox might be causing this, idk.

#11408 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Battery been replaced lately?

No but I will now, just figured since it didn't reset the free play it wasn't battery. Thanks for response

#11409 1 year ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Mine did the same thing, replacing the battery fixed it.

Will replace battery and hopefully that fixes mine too, thanks for response

#11410 1 year ago

Solved-On my GB Pro, the Shooter Ramp Diverter is not working, can anyone from the group let me know if this spacing looks correct. I measured a 4 mm gap. Coil does not fire in test mode, just buzzes loud when activated. Have not Ohmed it out yet either.
FIX. Adjusted side screw inward until about 2mm of threads were exposed. Also, made sure all Subway switches were tight, I had 2 that the screws were loose. It is the smallest things that get you on Pinball games.
Thanks,

Ken

20221228_103322 (resized).jpg20221228_103322 (resized).jpg

20221228_123028 (resized).jpg20221228_123028 (resized).jpg20221228_122956 (resized).jpg20221228_122956 (resized).jpg
#11411 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Solved-On my GB Pro, the Shooter Ramp Diverter is not working, can anyone from the group let me know if this spacing looks correct. I measured a 4 mm gap. Coil does not fire in test mode, just buzzes loud when activated. Have not Ohmed it out yet either.
FIX. Adjusted side screw inward until about 2mm of threads were exposed. Also, made sure all Subway switches were tight, I had 2 that the screws were loose. It is the smallest things that get you on Pinball games.
Thanks,
Ken
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

so did you fix it Ken?

I have about 2mm thread like you and about 4-5mm gap between the coil shaft and bracket

#11412 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

so did you fix it Ken?
I have about 2mm thread like you and about 4-5mm gap between the coil shaft and bracket

Yes, works perfect now.

Never worked since I got the game and this was the 1st time I took a deep dive into why. Now all the rules makes sense to me.

#11413 1 year ago

No but I will now, just figured since it didn't reset the free play it wasn't battery. Thanks for response

Mine keeps all settings except the time and date. I've replaced the battery, but nothing. (Twice)

#11414 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Mine keeps all settings except the time and date. I've replaced the battery, but nothing. (Twice)

Is it correct battery, think it’s 2032….might be the problem

#11415 1 year ago

Threw up some high scores last nights game , it’s such a good game so fast and so fun, if it has no forgiveness, miss one shot and that’s it stdm bad ricochet, miss a ramp your done but when your on your game and hitting every shot I’m not sure their is a game as fun and fast as ghostbusters imo

17D07DC3-7F0A-4D15-B5CD-91BD67F6AA35 (resized).jpeg17D07DC3-7F0A-4D15-B5CD-91BD67F6AA35 (resized).jpeg864F29F2-DCAB-4E98-B7CE-26C15C7D29F3 (resized).jpeg864F29F2-DCAB-4E98-B7CE-26C15C7D29F3 (resized).jpeg
#11416 1 year ago

Cross posting from Stay Puft thread. This should be cool

Screenshot_20221231_080434_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221231_080434_Chrome (resized).jpg
#11417 1 year ago

Node board needing repair. 35 OBO. Ad in marketplace.

#11418 1 year ago

Anyone have the left ramp register more than once with a single shot? How to resolve?

#11419 1 year ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Anyone have the left ramp register more than once with a single shot? How to resolve?

Make sure your switch screws are tight and the switch isn’t loose, and that the connector for it isn’t loose. Those would be my first culprits.

#11420 1 year ago

GB will get another boost of interest after the next movie

324716009_727785778591244_2829871543420835979_n (resized).jpg324716009_727785778591244_2829871543420835979_n (resized).jpg
#11421 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

GB will get another boost of interest after the next movie[quoted image]

It’s interesting how some franchises just keep cranking out reboots and remakes and reimaginings. This will be like the 5th GB movie? We need about 5 more movies in this series to reach Star Wars or Halloween levels of theme-squeezing. The last one was decent, it will be hard to get that balance of fresh ideas + just the right amount of nostalgia again. I’m waiting on GB 8: Slimer’s Revenge (spoiler, I hear at the end Slimer is reformed and joins the Ghostbusters).

#11422 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’m waiting on GB 8: Slimer’s Revenge (spoiler, I hear at the end Slimer is reformed and joins the Ghostbusters).

That would be on par to the 80s cartoon, wasnt Slimer like Ray's helpful pet or something?

#11423 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

GB will get another boost of interest after the next movie[quoted image]

Demand still always strong for the pin. I have been asked to sell my game twice in the last two months.

#11424 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Demand still always strong for the pin. I have been asked to sell my game twice in the last two months.

I'm constantly having people ask how much I want for it. Dream theme, not for sale.

#11425 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'm constantly having people ask how much I want for it. Dream theme, not for sale.

Lol same here including my next door neighbor.

#11426 1 year ago

What gap is bigger ghostbusters flipper gap or lightning flipper gap? Just curious

#11427 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

What gap is bigger ghostbusters flipper gap or lightning flipper gap? Just curious

Real men use lightning flippers on thier GB!

#11428 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Real men use lightning flippers on thier GB!

This gets you into the REAL MAN club

2-flipper-shaft-set_1200x1200 (resized).jpg2-flipper-shaft-set_1200x1200 (resized).jpg
#11429 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

all games flipper gap is measured from flipper post to flipper post

- most common games are 7"
- Trudeau's games are 7 1/8" on nearly all his games like CFTBL etc

What makes GB a bit more brutual is the game is set with the flippers a little more droppie giving the appearance of a larger gap which it is when you have the flippers in the up position. It you set the flippers up a little then GB would be like CFTBL etc in flipper gap

So compared to a regular 7" spaced game with lighting flippers installed in the droppie fashion the gap would be the same.

some more info here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/136#post-5178245

#11430 1 year ago

Added this goofy looking mod

EDIT: I added the file to thingiverse, here is the link https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5795245

IMG_5802 (resized).jpegIMG_5802 (resized).jpegIMG_5803 (resized).jpegIMG_5803 (resized).jpeg

#11431 1 year ago

Finally getting a Ghostbusters after looking for one near me for like 3 years.

#11432 1 year ago
Quoted from Georgiapinball:

Finally getting a Ghostbusters after looking for one near me for like 3 years.

Ya.. It took me a year to find one. Congrats!!

#11433 1 year ago

Hey folks,

The slimer on my GB pro is beginning to make an intermittent grinding/binding noise. From reading some older threads it seems the motor may need to be replaced. Just curious if anyone has replaced the stock motor with the one from pinball life? If so, how's it holding up?

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-motor-24-vdc-12-rpm-no-harness.html

Thanks

#11434 1 year ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Hey folks,
The slimer on my GB pro is beginning to make an intermittent grinding/binding noise. From reading some older threads it seems the motor may need to be replaced. Just curious if anyone has replaced the stock motor with the one from pinball life? If so, how's it holding up?
Thanks

How many plays on yours? Just curious if these Slimer motors are wearing out after so many plays. How much is the replacement?

#11435 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

How many plays on yours? Just curious if these Slimer motors are wearing out after so many plays. How much is the replacement?

I would say 2000-2500 plays...the kids and I certainly use it. The replacement motor from Pinball life is $69.95 plus shipping ($15 is the cheapest option).

#11436 1 year ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Hey folks,
Thanks

Had the same issue on my pro. The noise was awful. All it took was some silicon wd-40 on the top and bottom of motor and no more issues.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00631GSSI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#11437 1 year ago

Anyone have any success with the Scoleri Spring fix? I feel like it's worse now. The ones I pulled off (factory?) had blue paint on them and seemed stronger.

Screenshot_20230125_151359_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230125_151359_Chrome (resized).jpg
#11438 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Anyone have any success with the Scoleri Spring fix? I feel like it's worse now. The ones I pulled off (factory?) had blue paint on them and seemed stronger.
[quoted image]

Have these on mine and they work great!

#11439 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

[quoted image]

Have you read this:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scoleri-brothers-targets-issue-ghostbusters

#11440 1 year ago
Quoted from zephee:

Had the same issue on my pro. The noise was awful. All it took was some silicon wd-40 on the top and bottom of motor and no more issues.
amazon.com link »

So far this is working…hopefully it lasts! Thanks for the tip.

#11441 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

[quoted image]

What problem are you having exactly?

#11442 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What problem are you having exactly?

The targets won't drop with full power straight-on hits alot of times. Glancing works better. Maybe I just had myself convinced that the new springs would solve that

#11443 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

The targets won't drop with full power straight-on hits alot of times. Glancing works better. Maybe I just had myself convinced that the new springs would solve that

All Stern drop targets I’ve seen have that issue to some degree, but you can try pulling the stock springs over a loop or two to make it just a little bit tighter. That improved mine.

#11444 1 year ago

Why do my black rubbers keep breaking and crack after a month or two? Not played a lot in the month. I replace some in the beginning of Dec. and now the end of Jan. and some have broken and some are cracked. This keeps happening and have tried pinball life and Marco, any ideas

#11445 1 year ago
Quoted from tasman:

Why do my black rubbers keep breaking and crack after a month or two? Not played a lot in the month. I replace some in the beginning of Dec. and now the end of Jan. and some have broken and some are cracked. This keeps happening and have tried pinball life and Marco, any ideas

Any chance you might have an air purifier in your room? I once used an ozone generating purifier in my game room to kill off a musty odor, and the rubber components on every pinball machine I had self-destructed.

Lesson learned.

#11446 1 year ago

Yes I do but it is in a different side of the basement

#11447 1 year ago

Was playing my GB last night and did something i’ve never seen. Locked a ball, machine went dark, let out a really loud scream (much louder than volume set) and a skull appeared on the display. Startled me, then everything back to normal. Anyone seen this? Easter egg?

#11448 1 year ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Was playing my GB last night and did something i’ve never seen. Locked a ball, machine went dark, let out a really loud scream (much louder than volume set) and a skull appeared on the display. Startled me, then everything back to normal. Anyone seen this? Easter egg?

Half of me wants to explain and the other half is wondering where you been since the games release!!!

#11449 1 year ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I wonder if it’s… haunted.

#11450 1 year ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

YSC.gifYSC.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 49.95
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/229 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.