Screenshot_20230125_151359_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_5802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5803 (resized).jpeg
2-flipper-shaft-set_1200x1200 (resized).jpg
324716009_727785778591244_2829871543420835979_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221231_080434_Chrome (resized).jpg
17D07DC3-7F0A-4D15-B5CD-91BD67F6AA35 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,501 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 231.
#11401 47 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

A disturbing statement. Makes me fear 3-4 more years out and imagine if that circuit board on the back box went bad. Will Stern make that CB available for a machine that sold for $$$$ thousands of dollars new but is now yesterday's news?

Yeah. I mean, a nick in a decal is really no big deal at end of day, but lots of more important things that could fail. You'd think if they can sell 13m in Bond LEs in one day, they could offer up a little customer support. So many horror stories about people waiting forever for node boards on brand new games.... I'm one of the guys who ordered a Bond, but it's likely my last stern. Spooky, JJP, American - all are a safer bet if you have a problem.

#11402 47 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

A disturbing statement. Makes me fear 3-4 more years out and imagine if that circuit board on the back box went bad. Will Stern make that CB available for a machine that sold for $$$$ thousands of dollars new but is now yesterday's news?

Yeah…probably not. Hopefully they can at least be repaired. It’s definitely a concern.

#11403 47 days ago

Every time I turn my GB pro off, the time and date resets to Feb 15th 2015, it does not turn off free play or reset any high scores, just time/date. Anyone have this problem before or have any ideas what the problem is and how to repair? Thanks.

#11404 47 days ago
Quoted from Deadfootmummytoe:

Every time I turn my GB pro off, the time and date resets to Feb 15th 2015, it does not turn off free play or reset any high scores, just time/date. Anyone have this problem before or have any ideas what the problem is and how to repair? Thanks.

Battery been replaced lately?

#11405 46 days ago

Mine did the same thing, replacing the battery fixed it.

#11406 46 days ago

is very concerning, you just need an after market board to keep games alive in the future.

#11407 45 days ago

When i turn my volume up or down on my gb premium it makes this popping noise, same whenever the scare feature happens/volume changes by certain game modes. Is this normal? Have a feeling the coils in the backbox might be causing this, idk.

#11408 44 days ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Battery been replaced lately?

No but I will now, just figured since it didn't reset the free play it wasn't battery. Thanks for response

#11409 44 days ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Mine did the same thing, replacing the battery fixed it.

Will replace battery and hopefully that fixes mine too, thanks for response

#11410 42 days ago

Solved-On my GB Pro, the Shooter Ramp Diverter is not working, can anyone from the group let me know if this spacing looks correct. I measured a 4 mm gap. Coil does not fire in test mode, just buzzes loud when activated. Have not Ohmed it out yet either.
FIX. Adjusted side screw inward until about 2mm of threads were exposed. Also, made sure all Subway switches were tight, I had 2 that the screws were loose. It is the smallest things that get you on Pinball games.
Thanks,

Ken

20221228_103322 (resized).jpg

20221228_123028 (resized).jpg20221228_122956 (resized).jpg
#11411 42 days ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Solved-On my GB Pro, the Shooter Ramp Diverter is not working, can anyone from the group let me know if this spacing looks correct. I measured a 4 mm gap. Coil does not fire in test mode, just buzzes loud when activated. Have not Ohmed it out yet either.
FIX. Adjusted side screw inward until about 2mm of threads were exposed. Also, made sure all Subway switches were tight, I had 2 that the screws were loose. It is the smallest things that get you on Pinball games.
Thanks,
Ken
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

so did you fix it Ken?

I have about 2mm thread like you and about 4-5mm gap between the coil shaft and bracket

#11412 42 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

so did you fix it Ken?
I have about 2mm thread like you and about 4-5mm gap between the coil shaft and bracket

Yes, works perfect now.

Never worked since I got the game and this was the 1st time I took a deep dive into why. Now all the rules makes sense to me.

#11413 41 days ago

No but I will now, just figured since it didn't reset the free play it wasn't battery. Thanks for response

Mine keeps all settings except the time and date. I've replaced the battery, but nothing. (Twice)

#11414 40 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Mine keeps all settings except the time and date. I've replaced the battery, but nothing. (Twice)

Is it correct battery, think it’s 2032….might be the problem

#11415 39 days ago

Threw up some high scores last nights game , it’s such a good game so fast and so fun, if it has no forgiveness, miss one shot and that’s it stdm bad ricochet, miss a ramp your done but when your on your game and hitting every shot I’m not sure their is a game as fun and fast as ghostbusters imo

17D07DC3-7F0A-4D15-B5CD-91BD67F6AA35 (resized).jpeg864F29F2-DCAB-4E98-B7CE-26C15C7D29F3 (resized).jpeg
#11416 39 days ago

Cross posting from Stay Puft thread. This should be cool

Screenshot_20221231_080434_Chrome (resized).jpg
#11417 38 days ago

Node board needing repair. 35 OBO. Ad in marketplace.

#11418 34 days ago

Anyone have the left ramp register more than once with a single shot? How to resolve?

#11419 34 days ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Anyone have the left ramp register more than once with a single shot? How to resolve?

Make sure your switch screws are tight and the switch isn’t loose, and that the connector for it isn’t loose. Those would be my first culprits.

#11420 29 days ago

GB will get another boost of interest after the next movie

324716009_727785778591244_2829871543420835979_n (resized).jpg
#11421 28 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

GB will get another boost of interest after the next movie[quoted image]

It’s interesting how some franchises just keep cranking out reboots and remakes and reimaginings. This will be like the 5th GB movie? We need about 5 more movies in this series to reach Star Wars or Halloween levels of theme-squeezing. The last one was decent, it will be hard to get that balance of fresh ideas + just the right amount of nostalgia again. I’m waiting on GB 8: Slimer’s Revenge (spoiler, I hear at the end Slimer is reformed and joins the Ghostbusters).

#11422 28 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’m waiting on GB 8: Slimer’s Revenge (spoiler, I hear at the end Slimer is reformed and joins the Ghostbusters).

That would be on par to the 80s cartoon, wasnt Slimer like Ray's helpful pet or something?

#11423 28 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

GB will get another boost of interest after the next movie[quoted image]

Demand still always strong for the pin. I have been asked to sell my game twice in the last two months.

#11424 28 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

Demand still always strong for the pin. I have been asked to sell my game twice in the last two months.

I'm constantly having people ask how much I want for it. Dream theme, not for sale.

#11425 28 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'm constantly having people ask how much I want for it. Dream theme, not for sale.

Lol same here including my next door neighbor.

#11426 22 days ago

What gap is bigger ghostbusters flipper gap or lightning flipper gap? Just curious

#11427 22 days ago
Quoted from DropGems:

What gap is bigger ghostbusters flipper gap or lightning flipper gap? Just curious

Real men use lightning flippers on thier GB!

#11428 22 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

Real men use lightning flippers on thier GB!

This gets you into the REAL MAN club

2-flipper-shaft-set_1200x1200 (resized).jpg
#11429 22 days ago
Quoted from DropGems:

all games flipper gap is measured from flipper post to flipper post

- most common games are 7"
- Trudeau's games are 7 1/8" on nearly all his games like CFTBL etc

What makes GB a bit more brutual is the game is set with the flippers a little more droppie giving the appearance of a larger gap which it is when you have the flippers in the up position. It you set the flippers up a little then GB would be like CFTBL etc in flipper gap

So compared to a regular 7" spaced game with lighting flippers installed in the droppie fashion the gap would be the same.

some more info here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/136#post-5178245

#11430 22 days ago

Added this goofy looking mod

EDIT: I added the file to thingiverse, here is the link https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5795245

IMG_5802 (resized).jpegIMG_5803 (resized).jpeg

#11431 20 days ago

Finally getting a Ghostbusters after looking for one near me for like 3 years.

#11432 20 days ago
Quoted from Georgiapinball:

Finally getting a Ghostbusters after looking for one near me for like 3 years.

Ya.. It took me a year to find one. Congrats!!

#11433 15 days ago

Hey folks,

The slimer on my GB pro is beginning to make an intermittent grinding/binding noise. From reading some older threads it seems the motor may need to be replaced. Just curious if anyone has replaced the stock motor with the one from pinball life? If so, how's it holding up?

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-motor-24-vdc-12-rpm-no-harness.html

Thanks

#11434 15 days ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Hey folks,
The slimer on my GB pro is beginning to make an intermittent grinding/binding noise. From reading some older threads it seems the motor may need to be replaced. Just curious if anyone has replaced the stock motor with the one from pinball life? If so, how's it holding up?
Thanks

How many plays on yours? Just curious if these Slimer motors are wearing out after so many plays. How much is the replacement?

#11435 15 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

How many plays on yours? Just curious if these Slimer motors are wearing out after so many plays. How much is the replacement?

I would say 2000-2500 plays...the kids and I certainly use it. The replacement motor from Pinball life is $69.95 plus shipping ($15 is the cheapest option).

#11436 15 days ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Hey folks,
Thanks

Had the same issue on my pro. The noise was awful. All it took was some silicon wd-40 on the top and bottom of motor and no more issues.
amazon.com link »

#11437 14 days ago

Anyone have any success with the Scoleri Spring fix? I feel like it's worse now. The ones I pulled off (factory?) had blue paint on them and seemed stronger.

Screenshot_20230125_151359_Chrome (resized).jpg
#11438 14 days ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Anyone have any success with the Scoleri Spring fix? I feel like it's worse now. The ones I pulled off (factory?) had blue paint on them and seemed stronger.
[quoted image]

Have these on mine and they work great!

#11439 14 days ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

[quoted image]

Have you read this:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scoleri-brothers-targets-issue-ghostbusters

#11440 14 days ago
Quoted from zephee:

Had the same issue on my pro. The noise was awful. All it took was some silicon wd-40 on the top and bottom of motor and no more issues.
amazon.com link »

So far this is working…hopefully it lasts! Thanks for the tip.

#11441 13 days ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

[quoted image]

What problem are you having exactly?

#11442 12 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What problem are you having exactly?

The targets won't drop with full power straight-on hits alot of times. Glancing works better. Maybe I just had myself convinced that the new springs would solve that

#11443 12 days ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

The targets won't drop with full power straight-on hits alot of times. Glancing works better. Maybe I just had myself convinced that the new springs would solve that

All Stern drop targets I’ve seen have that issue to some degree, but you can try pulling the stock springs over a loop or two to make it just a little bit tighter. That improved mine.

#11444 10 days ago

Why do my black rubbers keep breaking and crack after a month or two? Not played a lot in the month. I replace some in the beginning of Dec. and now the end of Jan. and some have broken and some are cracked. This keeps happening and have tried pinball life and Marco, any ideas

#11445 10 days ago
Quoted from tasman:

Why do my black rubbers keep breaking and crack after a month or two? Not played a lot in the month. I replace some in the beginning of Dec. and now the end of Jan. and some have broken and some are cracked. This keeps happening and have tried pinball life and Marco, any ideas

Any chance you might have an air purifier in your room? I once used an ozone generating purifier in my game room to kill off a musty odor, and the rubber components on every pinball machine I had self-destructed.

Lesson learned.

#11446 10 days ago

Yes I do but it is in a different side of the basement

#11447 10 days ago

Was playing my GB last night and did something i’ve never seen. Locked a ball, machine went dark, let out a really loud scream (much louder than volume set) and a skull appeared on the display. Startled me, then everything back to normal. Anyone seen this? Easter egg?

#11448 10 days ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Was playing my GB last night and did something i’ve never seen. Locked a ball, machine went dark, let out a really loud scream (much louder than volume set) and a skull appeared on the display. Startled me, then everything back to normal. Anyone seen this? Easter egg?

Half of me wants to explain and the other half is wondering where you been since the games release!!!

#11449 10 days ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I wonder if it’s… haunted.

#11450 10 days ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

YSC.gif
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Valrico, FL
There are 11,501 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 231.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/229 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.