B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 250.
#11101 1 year ago

If I've been watching the market for a pro for a while, is it a good idea to stay away from the early runs which I understand had the misspelled REINFORCMENT insert? What was the deal - some of them had cabinet splitting, and insert ghosting? Anything with the service rails or node boards particular to early runs vs. not?

#11102 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I believe it was a Pro.

My view on this has changed over time...when I first got my Premium it felt so brutal and unfair. The flipper gap felt like it was a foot wide, and the jumps over the outlanes were extremely bothersome. Let's not forget about the airballs. I've never seen so many on a table. Cling clang bash crunch. That's how this game generally shoots. The subway shot on my premium is by fair the best shot on the table, and it may be the only shot to focus on if you are trying to get a high score.

I made some adjustments that I felt now make the game as fair as possible:

- Metal outlane jump blockers (protects against outlane jumps)
- Swinks target bracket replacements which prevents airballs off of the targets.
- Airball plastic protector which prevents airballs off of the subway ramp
- I moved the outlane posts down to make the game a bit easier
- I dialed in the far right ramp to perfection (premium only) so it can be hit consistently.
- I lowered the flipper power to "NORMAL" in the settings, this slowed the game down and enabled me to focus more on hitting my shots cleaner, and therefore play less defense. Why default is set to "HARD" I have no idea.
- I installed the proper springs to ensure the scoleri targets drop cleanly and don't cause air balls

After I made these adjustments, the game is much more fun and I really do find it "fair". The flipper gap problem is minimized now, because all of the shots on the table have become more makeable as a result of the aforementioned fixes. I say fair with air quotes because of the magna slings. They are a game changer (literally) as they act on their own. If you go in expecting to beat the slings, you will lose. Frankly, I enjoy it when they cause me to lose my ball. The feature really matches the theme for me...my GB prem will never leave my collection.

Strategy is actually quite simple. I set the skill shot to the right orbit so I can start the scene immediately. That shot is pretty easy to hit, and if you can avoid slimer, progressing through the game is actually possible with the default game settings. I really like the right cluster of scenes, so my focus is there. When in doubt, hit that subway ramp, hit it all day. Grab the multipliers when possible, that will make a huge scoring difference.

When I want to have fun and be entertained, I'll play Ghostbusters. When I want to play pinball more seriously, I'll play any of my other machines.

#11103 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

If I've been watching the market for a pro for a while, is it a good idea to stay away from the early runs which I understand had the misspelled REINFORCMENT insert? What was the deal - some of them had cabinet splitting, and insert ghosting? Anything with the service rails or node boards particular to early runs vs. not?

Absolutely not if it's a good price get it! My premium was over 1 year after release but I still swapped out the leg brackets for the larger Bally Williams style and added L corner brackets on top for security. As for ghosted inserts almost all modern Sterns have them now they just changed where they put the key line black border to the inside of the insert so nobody even notices it now but it's way worse now. Also I think the misspelling and things like that are cool plus might be more rare ppl like that..lol! Happy hunting

#11104 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

- I dialed in the far right ramp to perfection (premium only) so it can be hit consistently.

Could you talk a little more about this and what you did? I like that right ramp but it is tough. My failure rate is probably 60%.

#11105 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Could you talk a little more about this and what you did? I like that right ramp but it is tough. My failure rate is probably 60%.

It's been a couple of years, but I pulled this from an earlier post. I'm pretty sure I did exactly that. I also had an issue of the ball not triggering the microswitch every time (it was maybe 80%). I made a couple of small bends and now it always triggers the switch.

Hex spacer 1 5/8" (or 1 3/4") - change this on the right plastic 1/2 circle ramp (this shorter hex makes it easier for ball to go up).

#11106 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Hex spacer 1 5/8" (or 1 3/4") - change this on the right plastic 1/2 circle ramp (this shorter hex makes it easier for ball to go up).

Exactly right. Use a slightly shorter hex support post under the right ramp to reduce the pitch slightly. Still a tough shot, but I probably went from around 20% success to at least 75% success when I fire a clean shot at the ramp. Before that, it would travel part way up the ramp and trickle back down. I bought my premium nib in 2017 and public opinion was very harsh about GB then. I liked mine from the start, even with a bad coil and node board from day 1 that caused a 6 week delay. The airballs and rail jumps were mostly all correctable with plastic protectors. The gap isn’t really that noticeable to me, but I did add the “suspended” center post plastic to make it a bit more forgiving. I’ve had my GB 5 years and it’s the pin I’ve owned the longest!

#11107 1 year ago

Shaker ?…..how does a shaker add to GB? Considering for GB, AIQ and SW. Trying to prioritize which of these three games benefits the most from one.

#11108 1 year ago

The shaker on GB is essential - I can't imagine starting Storage Facility Multiball without it!

#11109 1 year ago

I guess since I posted this ? In a GB thread, GB would be the obvious choice right?!!!

#11110 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

The shaker on GB is essential - I can't imagine starting Storage Facility Multiball without it!

Totally agree - love hitting Storage Facility Multiball! Such a moment in the game!

#11111 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

Shaker ?…..how does a shaker add to GB? Considering for GB, AIQ and SW. Trying to prioritize which of these three games benefits the most from one.

Shaker is great for both GB and AIQ.... SW eh but adds some to the game. Isn't it the same shaker so you could move it and see which gives you the best shake for your buck. I'd honestly start with AIQ.

#11112 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

But really, its done very well with the code. Definitely one of the better games to have it on.

#11113 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I have shakers on all my Sterns - Home use games should have the full effect of lights, sound and movement IMO.

#11114 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I have shakers on all my Sterns - Home use games should have the full effect of lights, sound and movement IMO.

Yep totally agree I have shakers on all my machines. GB really does make great use of it though, if i had to name one machine to have a shaker it would be this one.

#11115 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Yep totally agree I have shakers on all my machines. GB really does make great use of it though, if i had to name one machine to have a shaker it would be this one.

Good stuff. Thanks for all the replies.

#11116 1 year ago

Back by popular requests…..

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “One for $20 (both for $30). Made from nearly unbreakable PET-G plastic. 1. Airball protector, Left ramp - see below. 2. Right Orbit protector - see below. (see instructions bel...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 2451 times

#11117 1 year ago

My Ghostbusters is a premium, slimer goes all the way to the left and stops.
I have reseated my connectors, tried another Node 8 board, tried another motor board, but no change. My opto board seems to work in test by putting a business card in it, but the OP in an old thread mentions a poker chip vs coin. Any difference if I use a business card? The opto board is not made, so I can't replace it, but I can try to shot gun all the 3 opto's and 3 transistors. I get a reading on the DMD of 0,then -1 flickering, but no gradual increase or decrease numbers of the slimer moving left or right. It get stuck all the way in the left position and even tries to move further and the belt jumps. What is this issue? I have emailed Stern support, but no correct solution.

#11118 1 year ago
Quoted from GameVault:

It get stuck all the way in the left position and even tries to move further and the belt jumps. What is this issue? I have emailed Stern support, but no correct solution.

I have no idea. All i can say is keep leaning on Stern. The problem you are having could happen to anyone with a Premium or LE.

#11119 1 year ago
Quoted from GameVault:

I have reseated my connectors, tried another Node 8 board, tried another motor board, but no change. My opto board seems to work in test by putting a business card in it, but the OP in an old thread mentions a poker chip vs coin. Any difference if I use a business card? The opto board is not made, so I can't replace it, but I can try to shot gun all the 3 opto's and 3 transistors. I get a reading on the DMD of 0,then -1 flickering, but no gradual increase or decrease numbers of the slimer moving left or right. It get stuck all the way in the left position and even tries to move further and the belt jumps. What is this issue? I have emailed Stern support, but no correct solution.

Did Stern come back to you at all?

These are the worst kind of problems - so frustrating.

#11120 1 year ago
Quoted from GameVault:

If the numbers aren’t increasing, it can’t be reading the opto correctly. I’m not familiar with the detector board but I would try reflowing the solder on the header pins and optos.

#11121 1 year ago
Quoted from GameVault:

Also check the board for power and ground. Black and brown should be ground and the red wire 5V. The pink with various stripes are the outputs from the opto circuit.

#11122 1 year ago

Does anyone have a Premium/LE Library or very similar sized Library mod they would be willing to sell? (PM me please)

#11123 1 year ago

I'm having an issue with my autoplunger not making it all the way up the lane sometimes. It makes multiball pretty troublesome when it kicks out more than a ball into the lane after failing to get the first one into play. I've cleaned the plunger, replaced the sleeve, stretched the spring a little and nothing looks overly worn. I don't think the coil is getting overly tired, but once it fails and things get into a cycle of failure it really goes downhill. manually plunging balls out is possible but obviously not ideal.

#11124 1 year ago

Anyone got the music and sounds from the GB game - want to create a little video without youtube blocking the music - any tips

#11125 1 year ago

Anyone looking for a topper? Lol

ebay.com link: itm

#11126 1 year ago

Thanks way beyond ridiculous.

#11127 1 year ago

I paid $2500 for mine

#11128 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

ebay.com link: itm

What a joke.

#11129 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

What a joke.

lol. I saw that randomly and was like WTF!!

#11130 1 year ago

Doesn't hurt to leave it listed and see what the biggest crazy person is I guess. Worst case scenario he has to keep it.

#11131 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Doesn't hurt to leave it listed and see what the biggest crazy person is I guess. Worst case scenario he has to keep it.

A seller can ask for whatever he wants. Sometimes he will reel in a big fish (and you will flip him off). Other times he will be eating it ( and you will laugh at the fool).

In the meantime, in this day and age, it costs little, or nothing at all, to list something for sale. A seller can keep an ad up for a long time, especially if what is for sale doesn't eat.

And if you are really serious you can always contact him and ask if he is willing to make deal.

#11132 1 year ago

Don’t own the game but a place near me just got it . Played it for the first time last week, came back this morning and racked up my first billion point game on anything I’ve ever played! I neeeeed this game in my collection.

0E188F6A-B153-496A-B4F2-F8E5C03C9263 (resized).jpeg0E188F6A-B153-496A-B4F2-F8E5C03C9263 (resized).jpeg
#11133 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Don’t own the game but a place near me just got it . Played it for the first time last week, came back this morning and racked up my first billion point game on anything I’ve ever played! I neeeeed this game in my collection.
[quoted image]

Congrats! Anyone know what the alt translite is on this machine?

#11134 1 year ago

Can we all put our heads together and make these at a fraction of the cost?

#11135 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

I was going to but still haven't sold all the proton mods - was going to do a Batman 66 approach but with a Ecto 1

#11136 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:was going to but still haven't sold all the proton mods - was going to do a Batman 66 approach but with a Ecto 1

I’d love to see you do the topper. And then I’ll buy one. Let’s get rocking!

#11137 1 year ago

A trip down Memory Lane about prices

Quoted from whitey:

I saw a LE on ebay for 14,000K That's hilarious

** Whitey is no longer around. He got busted for selling something near 20 pins on Pinside and never made a contribution.Somebody fingered him and was Blocked.

Quoted from kpg:

That's a pretty decent deal as I'm only willing to entertain offers above $15K for mine

Quoted from Bing_Party:

What a joke. yeah they ask for 14k, if you see it sold please update the thread, curious to see if someone actually thinks it's worth that color green and a number.

And now for the topper:

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Marco has listed the GB topper on their website for $499.95. Good Lord!!
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7001-00

Quoted from jar155:

Ugh...pass. I'll make my own topper or go without. I'd rather put $500 into another game.

Quoted from indypinhead:

It looks better than the 1st one I saw. It still looks like the LAH topper to me.
It goes well w/ the pro/premium artwork...but not at all w/ the LE artwork.

Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I'm not feeling the topper. I was hoping for something a bit more ominous. I think I'm going to attempt to build one of my own.

Quoted from kpg:

Sorry, but that topper looks like shit. Turns an other wise awesome looking game into some Little Tykes kids toy to me. Should we put plastic proton packs and traps hanging off it as well? I'd rather have a Slimer or stay Puft guy up on top then a plastic siren that came off a Power Wheels police car

Quoted from jar155:

The proton siderails are a million times worse than the topper, but that topper is just bad too. Saves me $500, I guess.

Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I agree, but just not THAT topper. I'm sure the mod guys will come up with something really cool for the pro/prem and something different for the LE.

Quoted from iceman44:

Topper sucks. Waste of money.

Quoted from weapon76:

Ugly Topper with a ugly price tag... Pinblades are a must have though

#11138 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Yes please! I'm in!

#11140 1 year ago

I still think the Stern topper looks like crap, but what do I know? I also said the Internet would never catch on back in 1994.

#11141 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I still think the Stern topper looks like crap, but what do I know? I also said the Internet would never catch on back in 1994.

I don't love it but if they were $500 I'd buy.

Sadly topper for GZ and Rush when released are likely to top $1000. I think last run of LZ toppers were $800-900.

#11142 1 year ago

I've searched this thread up and down and am completely stuck as frustrating as it is... How in the hell do you get slimer not to rub against the building but still register shots. I've figured out how the mech works but if I adjust the top plate to move slimer away from the building to not rub, it almost never registers a shot... If I put it back to the factory position where it rubs against the building the shots work... I don't want slimer rubbing against the building as to me that's going to quickly cause unnecessary friction wear against both the building and slimer. But... I also want the shots to register... There has to be a way to do both... Right? What am I missing? I've been trying to figure this out for years and now I'm just done screwing with it... Thanks!

#11143 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I've searched this thread up and down and am completely stuck as frustrating as it is... How in the hell do you get slimer not to rub against the building but still register shots. I've figured out how the mech works but if I adjust the top plate to move slimer away from the building to not rub, it almost never registers a shot... If I put it back to the factory position where it rubs against the building the shots work... I don't want slimer rubbing against the building as to me that's going to quickly cause unnecessary friction wear against both the building and slimer. But... I also want the shots to register... There has to be a way to do both... Right? What am I missing? I've been trying to figure this out for years and now I'm just done screwing with it... Thanks!

what sensor version is slimer - early games had a different wiring at the top which reduced switch activations. Replacement changed a few months into production and replaced with this - see the attachment.

Slimer Assembly.pngSlimer Assembly.png
#11144 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

what sensor version is slimer - early games had a different wiring at the top which reduced switch activations. Replacement changed a few months into production and replaced with this - see the attachment.
[quoted image]

Great question, sorry I didn't clarify that. I'm apparently on the earlier version 500-9983-00.

#11145 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Great question, sorry I didn't clarify that. I'm apparently on the earlier version 500-9983-00.

you may want to swap out the slimer wire, though might need a new slimer component ...

#11146 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I can see it now. Seller sells topper for this price. Buyer pays with Paypal...Seller ships it out. Then charges are reversed as Paypal claims fraud.. Now seller is out the topper and the money.

#11148 1 year ago

Ordered today. Really happy with this, been looking since I bought the pin!

s385790218873361898_p231_i2_w629 (resized).jpegs385790218873361898_p231_i2_w629 (resized).jpeg
#11149 1 year ago

Hey, here's how to install the "Pindefender" in a GB Pro for shooter lane protection if anyone is interested. Lots of color options, but I like how the red looks in it:

Also, I don't sell these or get paid to promote. I'm just sharing.

#11150 1 year ago

New pro owner here! Really enjoying the game. Do you guys change any of the settings on latest code besides flipper strength?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 49.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 103.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/223?hl=kbenson13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.