B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 250.
#11051 1 year ago

I use this blanket to cover my GB, love it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11052 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

I use this blanket to cover my GB, love it.
[quoted image]

Thats fun.

#11053 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Same here. I heard about the front corners being prone to splitting on Tron and GB. I bought several sets of the large brackets and I replaced any of the mini brackets that look like a stick of chewing gum. They do feel more solid, but it’s also just nice to know the corners are better reinforced and the legs aren’t held in place by such a small piece of metal. It’s a bit of work, but worth it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you reinstall the grounding straps? I use the screws that hold the bracket to the cabinet to reinstall them.

#11054 1 year ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Did you reinstall the grounding straps? I use the screws that hold the bracket to the cabinet to reinstall them.

Yep, I just swap the tiny brackets for the large ones that span the corner and attach to both sides.

#11055 1 year ago

05EB3E04-4F7C-4BDA-ACEE-34269A662855 (resized).jpeg05EB3E04-4F7C-4BDA-ACEE-34269A662855 (resized).jpeg8A58D24F-D6C9-4A2A-9CF5-3DB13125A84F (resized).jpeg8A58D24F-D6C9-4A2A-9CF5-3DB13125A84F (resized).jpegDDA0674F-1D26-4926-B2DB-666B7A31539E (resized).jpegDDA0674F-1D26-4926-B2DB-666B7A31539E (resized).jpeg
#11056 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks 500x better!

But that magic glass though?!...

#11057 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Not so fast Max! I acquired one as well

14F60374-AC01-4B08-9D59-63BC13A3546D (resized).jpeg14F60374-AC01-4B08-9D59-63BC13A3546D (resized).jpeg
#11058 1 year ago

Anyone in this thread have some Glo-balls to sell?

#11059 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Your shooter housing is crooked.

It looks nice.

I am interested in how you got such a nice hammertone finish on your legs and lockdown bar, please. That is some of the best hammertone I have seen. Is this a powder coat? It really pops with the Premium graphics.

While I am asking, it looks like your apron is hammertoned, as well. Would you mind showing a pic of your apron.

Thanks.

#11060 1 year ago

New rods looks great.

#11061 1 year ago

Anyone ever heard talk of insider connected expanding to spike one games? seems unlikely because there were so few but I would love to have my GB connected. I'm just not sure how big an ask it is with such similarities between spike 1&2 systems.

#11062 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

Anyone ever heard talk of insider connected expanding to spike one games? seems unlikely because there were so few but I would love to have my GB connected. I'm just not sure how big an ask it is with such similarities between spike 1&2 systems.

Agreed! I've sent them a message about it and they said thanks for the idea

#11063 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Why don't you just go to modmypin or Mezel and buy them directly?

https://shop.modmypin.com/gid-glo-balls-p1.php

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-glo-balls

#11064 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I don't have any to sell but I do have them in my machine in the captive ball areas. I didn't like them as the game balls - they are way too light and don't play right to me.

I also took them out of the lead ball in the captive balls as I feel like they caused too much spin. That might be BS but at the time I was looking for answers to the game being so brutal.

#11065 1 year ago

Thanks for the links. I had trouble finding them. Out of stock many places for a long time. There was a package at one point with 3 green and one pink. The perfect set for the captive balls in GB. Now I can only buy a set of 4 green and no pink. Still looking for solutions if anyone knows.

#11066 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

I wish this could happen. It may not be worth the investment though and I feel like Stern has it's hands full just getting Spike 2 game hardware out.

#11067 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I wish this could happen. It may not be worth the investment though and I feel like Stern has it's hands full just getting Spike 2 game hardware out.

I too wish it could happen. Unfortunately there isn’t much motivation for them to do it since all the spike 1 games are out of production.

#11068 1 year ago

Question for those that have installed Color DMD. Do you need to buy anything extra besides the gasket? Do you need the spike power adaptor or does that come in the kit?

#11069 1 year ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Question for those that have installed Color DMD. Do you need to buy anything extra besides the gasket? Do you need the spike power adaptor or does that come in the kit?

I dont recall having to buy anything extra besides the gasket..

#11070 1 year ago

Shouldn’t need anything else.

#11071 1 year ago

I can't remember, did Ghostbusters have the red acrylic lens over the DMD? If so, you will need to order a clear lens to replace the stock red one.

#11072 1 year ago

ColorDMD Replacement Display for Ghostbusters Pinball Machine
(Installation Kit: Add Shield/Standoffs for Metal Speaker Panels +$24)

That is exactly what I bought, when I got my DMD.

#11073 1 year ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Led or the lcd? I did the led and didn't have to get anything extra. Came with everything including the clear plastic and power adapter.

#11074 1 year ago

I just looked at their site. If you buy one of the ghostbusters kits, they include everything you need except for the optional gasket. (Currently $508 for the LCD version).

If you buy or have one of the generic displays, you will need the separate power cord and stand-off/shield set to install it in GB

LCD GB set
https://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-ghostbusters-pinball-machine/

Or LED GB set
https://shop.colordmd.com/led-replacement-display-for-ghostbusters-pinball-machine/

#11075 1 year ago

Thanks all, I was buying the LCD kit and I knew about the gasket.

#11076 1 year ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Thanks all, I was buying the LCD kit and I knew about the gasket.

I had to order the clear cover lens also and replace the red one that is currently installed

#11077 1 year ago

That was one of the first mods I put on my Pro but I made them better. I had a buddy put a couple of spot welds on each nut to keep them from working loose and spinning. I had that happen on a game I put them on before.

#11078 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Not so fast Max! I acquired one as well [quoted image]

Oh man my green Leg Lights would look GREAT with all that green powder coating.

GBLE green. (resized).jpgGBLE green. (resized).jpg
#11079 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh man my green Leg Lights would look GREAT with all that green powder coating.[quoted image]

Legs lights are a must if you have powder coating!

20220624_181641 (resized).jpg20220624_181641 (resized).jpg
#11080 1 year ago

Hi All

Looking for a GB PREM playfield, if anyone ca point me in right direction. thanks

#11081 1 year ago

If anyone else has a spare Stern shooter rod for not a crazy price, let me know. Still looking.

#11082 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Legs lights are a must if you have powder coating![quoted image]

Looks good. What color is the powdercoat?

#11083 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Looks good. What color is the powdercoat?

It is a blue/purple candy powder coat.

#11084 1 year ago

I had 2 people purchase the ghostbusters shooter knob - could you please contact me asap

300387223_2071479699721269_60739355304558414_n (resized).png300387223_2071479699721269_60739355304558414_n (resized).png

Note - these have been removed from sale as the end result was not nice and 2 out of 3 people have been refunded with 3rd still waiting for delivery and then he will be sorted out as well.

My apologies for Shapeways poor print quality on this colour print service.

Regards

Jady / Swinks

#11085 1 year ago

contact you?......is there a problem with it...........i have it listed on my birthday wish list for my family to purchase

#11086 1 year ago
Quoted from zerbam:

contact you?......is there a problem with it...........i have it listed on my birthday wish list for my family to purchase

Shapeways have discovered that they can't print Jet Black with this new process they are offering - ends up being a dark grey. A customer got a different part that I designed but the jet black turned out to be grey - so they refunded him and he got to keep the part. Just want to make sure people are looked after.

#11087 1 year ago

Alright owners, I have a question for you: As a non-owner to an owner, why do people say this game is so brutal and hard? I've played a few machines maybe 50 games on location, never with a center pin installed. I find it to be a pretty easy shooting pin. I also think it's a fun pin, while many think it's a turd (which I understand, everyone has different tastes) What am I missing? What's so "hard" about this pin? Brutal is the last word I'd use to describe it...

#11088 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Alright owners, I have a question for you: As a non-owner to an owner, why do people say this game is so brutal and hard? I've played a few machines maybe 50 games on location, never with a center pin installed. I find it to be a pretty easy shooting pin. I also think it's a fun pin, while many think it's a turd (which I understand, everyone has different tastes) What am I missing? What's so "hard" about this pin? Brutal is the last word I'd use to describe it...

Pro or Prem/LE?

#11089 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I agree with you in that the game is fun and not all that brutal. It can punish you for bricked shots… but what game doesn’t. Almost all shots are backhandable safely. Plus the theme… so awesome.

#11090 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I just bought a pro a few weeks ago. I really love the game so far and the theme. I was looking for one locally for a year so happy to have. Not many people sell these machines.

Don't find it "brutal" at all, I have not heard that. Some people complain about the flipper being a little further apart though, that's probably it. I'm not a great player but it seems average difficulty for a newer game.

#11091 1 year ago

I've had a premium for going on 4 years now, and I'd say yep, it can be a pretty brutal game. Its very fast, and I think we *may* have established that yes, it does have a wider gap in the flippers. It can SDTM often from the pops if it exits the left hand side, the Scoleri targets, unless backhanded have a very high chance of draining the ball when hit, and same thing also applies to the multiplier standups. I absolutely LOVE the magna slings on my premium, but people are absolutely right when they say sometimes they F you over completely and drop the ball down the middle. I just put this down to the randomness of slings in general though.

But in spite of the difficulty, it remains one of my favourite ever Sterns - it's simply so much fun to play. What else? Well it's gorgeous, it sounds incredible, the shots (besides maybe right ramp) are very satisfying especially the subway ramp, the code is (finally) excellent and I love the way it progresses you through scenes of the movie. People crap on it it for being linear, but seriously? I reckon they nailed it - give you a choice of movie scene sequence, then progress logically from there. I mean it just makes sense why would you want to complete Stay Puft mode at the start of the game? Plus, you aren't even locked into one mode sequence once you've started - you can jump to other sequences so you always have a choice of modes to start. It just works so well for a movie pin.

#11092 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

So I've had one (pro) in my house for close to a month now and I love it. No middle post in mine. Rebounds off the Solari bros and comming out of the pops can come right down the middle and drain. One game can be a billion and the next in the 10 mil hahaha. Such a fun game. Love the theme! I do have the ability to just play start again for another game and don't have to throw cash in it. When I played it in the wild I wasn't too impressed hahaha.

#11093 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Well, what scores are you putting up?

#11094 1 year ago

GB is by far the game that everyone comes back to over and over in my house.

#11095 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

GB is by far the game that everyone comes back to over and over in my house.

Same. I bought a Premium NiB, then sold it to a buddy locally after a while. Family and I missed it so much that I bought it back Solid game once you get it all dialed in and code updated. Not leaving again.

#11096 1 year ago

The premium is definitely much more brutal than the pro, but I love the premium features so much I don't care.

#11097 1 year ago

I bought an le new and lost some games in a split but I wanted to find a few of the games that I lost and this was one,unfortunately the premium I found was way more than my new le but what you gonna do!

#11098 1 year ago

The first game I've ever owned (and still own) is a GB Premium. I'd heard about the flipper gap issue but having no other games to compare it to, I didn't notice it too much. The game does not force many shots that result in SDTM drains, so the wider flippers are not a huge issue. I had to learn to backhand the Scoleris and once I could do that reliably, the gap wasn't a huge issue. I now own two more modern Sterns as well, and after having those games to compare it to, I definitely see and feel the flipper gap more in GB. But I would not say the game is significantly harder or more frustrating for it. And as everyone has said, the theme is great and the theme integration is spectacular. It's a mode-based game, but it's not crazy hard to complete the modes and that keeps it fun for an average player. I'd have to imagine if you were an "elite" player that the game would be boring. But for mere mortals, this game is endlessly enjoyable and satisfying. I can't imagine ever selling this machine!

#11099 1 year ago

The flipper gap is Trudeau's standard gap so a myth that many keep staying it was a mistake - it was not, but the first 6 months of release they were more droopie so the flipper gap looked worse. The first 6 months had the outlane rails lower allowing balls to ride over and then these were lifted after about 6 months of being made.

#11100 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Pro or Prem/LE?

I believe it was a Pro.

Quoted from Rager170:

Well, what scores are you putting up?

My last high score was 827,000,000 on a handful of games. On previous visits to this location I didn't keep track. I don't know the rules, it was just plunge -n- play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

15,699 (OBO)
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/222?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.