IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 250.
#10851 1 year ago

Thank you.

Quoted from PeterG:

These look fine, Just clean them.

I'm thinking long term of what to stock up on that might not be available someday.

#10852 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thank you.

I'm thinking long term of what to stock up on that might not be available someday.

Nah those are generic parts, dont expect those to be unobtainable. Also I never changed that part in over 7 years in this hobby owning 8 machines.

#10853 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

These look fine, Just clean them.

Agreed, these hardly ever wear out in a home environment. Just wipe them off.

#10854 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

A little rubbing alcohol cleans them right up.

#10855 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Nah those are generic parts, dont expect those to be unobtainable. Also I never changed that part in over 7 years in this hobby owning 8 machines.

Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Quoted from Ballderdash:

A little rubbing alcohol cleans them right up.

Thanks. I'll save my money.

#10856 1 year ago

I'm having a problem with Ghostbusters Premium balls not detected in the subway tunnel so they don't eject in a timely manner. Stern tech support suggested I test each of the three pair of optical sensors.

What is the best method for testing each of the three pair of optical sensors in the subway tunnel?

1 week later
#10857 1 year ago

When I hit one of my drop downs directly, it often doesn’t drop down. A glancing hit is always reliable.

I had to replace that (left) dropdown’s bracket immediately after my purchase recently, and saw that a previous owner had tried to poorly fix with random plastic piece. I replaced it with the right part, wasn’t able to get the fish paper part that goes next to it.

Is that the reason for my dropdown being stubborn? Or something else?

#10858 1 year ago

Stern drop targets are notorious for not dropping after hard direct hits. You could try to adjust the tension of the spring (pull a few loops to make it tighter) but it could just be how they are.

#10859 1 year ago

There are even after market springs pinball life sells to help with these drops but they have been problematic from the start

#10860 1 year ago

Looks like i need a splitter for CN14 so i can connect both boards (real knocker board and the power supply mod board)
Any tips ?

20220515_204911 (resized).jpg20220515_204911 (resized).jpg20220515_204941 (resized).jpg20220515_204941 (resized).jpg
#10861 1 year ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Looks like i need a splitter for CN14 so i can connect both boards (real knocker board and the power supply mod board)
Any tips ?
[quoted image][quoted image]

If you bought a knocker kit you should have received everything you need to make the installation. Without having to buy anything extra. It was a simple install. The hardest part was figuring out with what kind of precision you want to use for installing the knocker plate. Answer: It does not have to be precise.

#10862 1 year ago

The problem is that both boards is installed the same way so since the knocker kit is already installed i have no way to connect the power supply mod board.

#10863 1 year ago

If you look at your power supply mod board, there are 2 connectors for power, one in power and one output. Connect the mod board input to the node board and the shaker to the output of the mod board. Check the instructions for your mod board to be sure.

1 week later
#10864 1 year ago

Anyone here who has a laseriffic Ghostbusters topper installed ?
Not sure where the connector goes.

20220524_201330 (resized).jpg20220524_201330 (resized).jpg20220524_201345 (resized).jpg20220524_201345 (resized).jpg
#10865 1 year ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Anyone here who has a laseriffic Ghostbusters topper installed ?
Not sure where the connector goes.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have a color dmd installed? If so, it is plugged in to the plug where the topper would plug in. I had to purchase a splitter to have both mods plugged in. Here is the one I got...

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-600-0489-00

#10866 1 year ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Do you have a color dmd installed? If so, it is plugged in to the plug where the topper would plug in. I had to purchase a splitter to have both mods plugged in. Here is the one I got...
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-600-0489-00

Thanks for the info

1 week later
#10867 1 year ago

My right hand Scoleri Brothers drop target only works occasionally. The left side works fine. The right side will standup just every once in a while. I swapped the left hand and right hand Optos with each other and see no change, so it is not the Optos.

Any ideas where to look for this intermittent problem? Could it be something with the solenoid coil?

Thanks.

#10868 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My right hand Scoleri Brothers drop target only works occasionally. The left side works fine. The right side will standup just every once in a while. I swapped the left hand and right hand Optos with each other and see no change, so it is not the Optos.
Any ideas where to look for this intermittent problem? Could it be something with the solenoid coil?
Thanks.

in the menu do they operate?

do they try to operate but just are not staying up? - if so could the plastic ledges in the mech

#10869 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thanks.

These two posts solved the same problem I was having. Take a look at your Scoleri's and apply these fixes.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/213#post-6788784
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/213#post-6788794

If you find that the plastic drop target rest ledge is broken, you can get replacements at Marco.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=545-6163-01

#10870 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

do they try to operate but just are not staying up? - if so could the plastic ledges in the mech

The left unit operates as it should. The right unit works sporadically.

When the right drop works, the drop target gets activated to the up position and stays there until I hit it with the ball. IOW, when it works it works 100% but it only works about 5% of the time. But most of the time it just stays down in it hole and does not come up at all.

I'm leaning towards thinking it is electrical and not mechanical. Tomorrow I will swap the left and right drops and see if the problem follows the drop.

Quoted from Enaud:

These two posts solved the same problem I was having. Take a look at your Scoleri's and apply these fixes.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/213#post-6788784
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/213#post-6788794
If you find that the plastic drop target rest ledge is broken, you can get replacements at Marco.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=545-6163-01

That was me having the problem with the broken ledge. I got that fixed.

#10871 1 year ago

Just a heads up if you know anyone looking, thanks!

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Selling a great condition, loaded Ghostbusters Pro. No issues whatsoever, super clean and has been well taken care of. I believe I'm the 3rd owner. Lots of mods before I got it, I ...”
2022-05-25
Eau Claire, WI
7,900 (Firm)
Archived after: 16 days
Viewed: 779 times

#10872 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The left unit operates as it should. The right unit works sporadically.
When the right drop works, the drop target gets activated to the up position and stays there until I hit it with the ball. IOW, when it works it works 100% but it only works about 5% of the time. But most of the time it just stays down in it hole and does not come up at all.
I'm leaning towards thinking it is electrical and not mechanical. Tomorrow I will swap the left and right drops and see if the problem follows the drop.

OK. I swapped the Scolari Brothers targets. Right is now the left and visa versa. The problem follows the drop target itself. It looks good mechanically. but I don't know. I am going to have to take it apart for a closer look.

At least the problem is localized to the drop target and not something inside the control board.

To be continued...

#10873 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

OK. I swapped the Scolari Brothers targets. Right is now the left and visa versa. The problem follows the drop target itself. It looks good mechanically. but I don't know. I am going to have to take it apart for a closer look.
At least the problem is localized to the drop target and not something inside the control board.
To be continued...

That's good in a way as at least not a node board.

Is they any sensors on the mech - been a while since looked, maybe swap those and see if the problem jumps again.

#10874 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

Is they any sensors on the mech - been a while since looked, maybe swap those and see if the problem jumps again.

I swapped the optos. The problem remains with the one drop target. As you said, it is not a node board. Just the optos that is attached to the drop assembly costs $70.00 !

#10875 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thanks.

Quoted from swinks:

Quoted from Enaud:

Quoted from cottonm4:

To be continued...

Quoted from swinks:

Quoted from cottonm4:

I swapped the optos. The problem remains with the one drop target. As you said, it is not a node board. Just the optos that is attached to the drop assembly costs $70.00 !

I pulled the left drop target and removed each Molex pin from the connector wafer. All 4 of the connectors looked good. I also did the coil test and both drops were responsive during the testing.

It is back together now and both targets are working. So far.

It is a puzzle that I have not figured out. Hopefully both drops will keep on working.

#10876 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I pulled the left drop target and removed each Molex pin from the connector wafer. All 4 of the connectors looked good. I also did the coil test and both drops were responsive during the testing.
It is back together now and both targets are working. So far.
It is a puzzle that I have not figured out. Hopefully both drops will keep on working.

good in a way but it is always nice to know what the definite problem is, fingers crossed all fixed and put it down to a bad molex connection

#10877 1 year ago

Finally got round to updating my GBLE from
1.16 to 1.17 code, as well as Color DMD to 4.2.

Not played a game yet..

#10878 1 year ago

OK. I have read some rules I found online. But since I brought GB home in December I have concentrated on working my ass off just to keep the ball on the play field ( I'm getting better ). I mainly shoot for whatever lights are blinking and changing colors.

I'll figure out all the rules, eventually. What I want to know is what drives the scores.

1) The right orbit skill shot sometimes is 1000 points, or maybe sometimes is 5000, or 6000, or 7000 points. There was one game that when I looked up the skill shot was worth 25,000,000. I don't know what I did for those kind of points.

2) The River Award for lots of times displays a score of 3,715,000, or 4,750,000. But one time I had a River Award of 48,000,000. I don't know how I did it.

I don't know what I did to get these scores.

Does anybody know? Or does anybody know what I need to be reading to figure this scoring out?

Thanks.

#10879 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

OK. I have read some rules I found online. But since I brought GB home in December I have concentrated on working my ass off just to keep the ball on the play field ( I'm getting better ). I mainly shoot for whatever lights are blinking and changing colors.
I'll figure out all the rules, eventually. What I want to know is what drives the scores.
1) The right orbit skill shot sometimes is 1000 points, or maybe sometimes is 5000, or 6000, or 7000 points. There was one game that when I looked up the skill shot was worth 25,000,000. I don't know what I did for those kind of points.
2) The River Award for lots of times displays a score of 3,715,000, or 4,750,000. But one time I had a River Award of 48,000,000. I don't know how I did it.
Does anybody know? Or does anybody know what I need to be reading to figure this scoring out?
Thanks.

You can check here for the rules on those particular shots.

http://tiltforums.com/t/ghostbusters-pinball-rulesheet/1358

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/GB-Basic-guide.pdf

#10880 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thanks.

Ghostbusters is my favorite pinball game! Congrats on acquiring one. I hope you love it as much as I do.

I would say as a general strategy, learn to shoot the shots that start scenes and learn to complete scenes (and more importantly, whole groups, or "ladders" of scenes). Completing scenes is the key to high scoring in the game, as many of the other things that lead to big scores (particularly the multiball modes) come relatively naturally as a result of starting/completing scenes and making the shots required by the scenes.

I would focus the skill shot choices on those scene starting shots. The skill shots award 5% of your score plus a secondary award. In my mind, the best secondary award is starting the next scene in the ladder I'm working to complete.

I would not worry too much about the River Award. Let is come as it does, but for me there are more productive things to focus on than collecting River Awards

Enjoy!

#10881 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Each skill shot (top PKE lanes and blue arrows) award 5% of your score. Was it late in the game and you had a 500m score?

Quoted from cottonm4:

Did you have the 6x playfield multiplier running at the time?

#10882 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Each skill shot (top PKE lanes and blue arrows) award 5% of your score. Was it late in the game and you had a 500m score?

Did you have the 6x playfield multiplier running at the time?

I cannot answer those questions.

All I know is that one time, and one time only, I had a right hand orbit skill shot that rang up 25 milion and I am used to seeing 1,000 points or maybe 1500 points.

And for the River Award, one time I had 48 million points while most of the time the River Award points are rather predictable.

I wish I knew how I got these scores so I could perhaps do them again.

#10883 1 year ago

What are these two rubber bumpers that live in front of the fire station for? I cannot think of any useful purpose.

IMG_0093 (resized).JPGIMG_0093 (resized).JPG

#10884 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What are these two rubber bumpers that live in front of the fire station for? I cannot think of any useful purpose.
[quoted image]

I’m guessing to prevent stuck balls.

#10885 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I cannot answer those questions.
All I know is that one time, and one time only, I had a right hand orbit skill shot that rang up 25 milion and I am used to seeing 1,000 points or maybe 1500 points.
And for the River Award, one time I had 48 million points while most of the time the River Award points are rather predictable.
I wish I knew how I got these scores so I could perhaps do them again.

The multipliers are huge on GB. When you hit both 2x and 3x, ALL scores will be increased sixfold. Do that for a Storage Facility Multiball for instance and you can easily get hundreds of millions from one single MB round.

#10886 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]

Great place for a fire hydrant mod.

#10887 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

That's a good idea.

#10888 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Thats right where I put mine..

#10889 1 year ago

In case you know anyone looking!

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Selling a loaded Ghostbusters Pro. No issues whatsoever, super clean and has been well taken care of. It has all the worthwhile mods one would want! Only minor flaw is slight wear ...”
2022-06-10
Eau Claire, WI
Archived after: 19 days
Viewed: 808 times
Contributed to Pinside

#10890 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I’m guessing to prevent stuck balls.

That sounds as good of a guess as any others.

#10891 1 year ago

Does anyone know anyplace that still has the Stern art blades for a Pro/Prem? PBL had them listed but when I went to order them they were gone.

#10892 1 year ago

Just finished making a topper with an Arduino controlling some LED grids and strip lights. I also created the custom background plastics.

1F499A89-3E0E-4275-BC8E-C4A8C696FD18 (resized).jpeg1F499A89-3E0E-4275-BC8E-C4A8C696FD18 (resized).jpeg31F988B8-9C61-4956-88CC-7651D6E8D3EA (resized).jpeg31F988B8-9C61-4956-88CC-7651D6E8D3EA (resized).jpeg40154F9D-8DE4-492B-8970-BECFF59F023D (resized).jpeg40154F9D-8DE4-492B-8970-BECFF59F023D (resized).jpeg91B53D5F-DD52-4A0B-AC09-F26832E299DD (resized).jpeg91B53D5F-DD52-4A0B-AC09-F26832E299DD (resized).jpegB8A02ED9-6343-4DD1-AE66-273F843253AB (resized).jpegB8A02ED9-6343-4DD1-AE66-273F843253AB (resized).jpegD087445F-83B8-4DF8-8088-806370135804 (resized).jpegD087445F-83B8-4DF8-8088-806370135804 (resized).jpegD404FC32-F859-4EA3-9026-FF730C9CEAFB (resized).jpegD404FC32-F859-4EA3-9026-FF730C9CEAFB (resized).jpegFF2452E6-933A-4737-B188-BF67BD713069 (resized).jpegFF2452E6-933A-4737-B188-BF67BD713069 (resized).jpeg
#10893 1 year ago

Great topper

#10894 1 year ago

And just to think Jersey Jack used cake toppers!!! Bwahaha. Nice GB pin Flasher

#10895 1 year ago

That’s nicer than sterns topper and very nice gb premium

#10896 1 year ago

Thanks for the props, ppl. I love this game. I even have a NOS playfield that has been clear coated sitting in my closet that I’ll probably never put in it.

3 weeks later
#10897 1 year ago

A friend of mine has some parts from his old Ghostbusters LE.

PM if interested.

PXL_20220716_234659819 (resized).jpgPXL_20220716_234659819 (resized).jpg
#10898 1 year ago

Dumb question cause it’s been a while since I owned a gb preMium. Ghost is active when I begin game and hit that target slimer comes out and all is good. After that you can hit that target so many times and it adds points but does not award a ghost letter. Is this correct?? And if not, what is potential issue?

Thanks!

#10899 1 year ago

Anyone know of a complete list of Feature adjustments for the pro? Standard are in the manual, Feature are not.
Location game near me has a Slimer that's disconnected or broken and I'm wondering if I can turn it off in software so the game will light the scenes some other way.

#10900 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Anyone know of a complete list of Feature adjustments for the pro? Standard are in the manual, Feature are not.
Location game near me has a Slimer that's disconnected or broken and I'm wondering if I can turn it off in software so the game will light the scenes some other way.

Slimer can be disabled in the settings. (I don't remember which as I no longer have the game.) The GHOST target takes over to light scenes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 103.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/218?hl=kbenson13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.