B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 250.
#10801 2 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I just relisted my ad but wanted to post that I have 10 sets ready to go if anyone is interested. Thanks to cottonm4, the installation is much easier with the 12" #1 phillips screwdriver I picked up on Amazon for $11.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These are awesome and a massive improvement to the silly old plastics!

#10802 2 years ago

^ do these interfere with the Mezel mods "walking" Stay Puff mod?

#10803 2 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Several Pinsiders have told me they installed the building with the Mezel Mods Walking Stay Puft successfully. I think one said he has to bend it just slightly for clearance, but it worked.

#10804 2 years ago

yep, you WILL have to bend the metal where the screw goes through on the plastic which was pretty painful and have to be careful you don’t break the plastic

#10805 2 years ago

I don’t have stay puffed mod but I still had to modify building ( cut top off) to fit.

#10806 2 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I just relisted my ad but wanted to post that I have 10 sets ready to go if anyone is interested. Thanks to cottonm4, the installation is much easier with the 12" #1 phillips screwdriver I picked up on Amazon for $11.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My 3D cityscape buildings installed fairly easily with no special modifications (I have a GB Pro). I also used a very long screwdriver to make the job much easier. These are a fantastic mod and a bargain price for how nice they are. I do not have the walking StayPuft Mod, just the OEM StayPuft Man and had no problems. I do have Wolffcub's Firehouse mod on order and I am concerned about whether there will be a space occupying issue between the larger Firehouse and the 3d printed Cityscape buildings. If anyone out there has both of these mods, some reassurances that they both fit and play well together, would be greatly appreciated.

#10807 2 years ago
Quoted from Master_of_Trolls:

My 3D cityscape buildings installed fairly easily with no special modifications (I have a GB Pro). I also used a very long screwdriver to make the job much easier. These are a fantastic mod and a bargain price for how nice they are. I do not have the walking StayPuft Mod, just the OEM StayPuft Man and had no problems. I do have Wolffcub's Firehouse mod on order and I am concerned about whether there will be a space occupying issue between the larger Firehouse and the 3d printed Cityscape buildings. If anyone out there has both of these mods, some reassurances that they both fit and play well together, would be greatly appreciated.

I have both. They fit with no issues. Nothing to worry about.

#10808 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I have both. They fit with no issues. Nothing to worry about.

Thank you! Much appreciated.

#10809 2 years ago

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Excellent condition Firehouse by Mezel Mods. In Excellent, used condition. Will need to buy double sided tape to have adhesion to original building. Nothing broken. See pictures. ...”
2022-04-11
Cleveland, OH
65 (Firm)
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 82 times

#10810 2 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Where did you get the Statue of Liberty?

#10811 2 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

This is one of the best mods made for the game. Got mine in the first run. Absolutely no issues installing or modifications needed. Great upgrade!

#10812 2 years ago

Hi all
Not sure, this is the right place to post my message, please tell me
I just bought a Ghostbusters PRO, and made some mods (figures, buildings, convolux ...) I love it, but now i have an error message when it starts ..

- the error message is :
CHECKING NODE BOARDS
OVERCURRENT DETECTED

I have this message for about 5 secondes, and then it disappears, and everythings works just fine !

- when i go to check in the audit menu for the node board 8, i have this message :
OVERCURRENT PROTECTION
TROUGH
DRIVE : LEFT RAMP DIVERTER
LIGHT : NONE
PRESS SELECT FOR OVERCUR. TEST

I tested all the lamp = and they all work...

Is is dangerous to continue to play ?
Can anyone knows what i can do ?

Do i need to change the 'Node Board 8' ? and if yes do you know where is it in the pinball ?
I also have a perfetcly working AVENGERS AIQ PRO, do you know if i can try to swap the card if it's the same ?

Thxs you so much for your help !

Nicolas

Pics :

https://imgproxy.pinside.com/dvOTJdyjKoJOZH_Z4CyQuPFPK4crX4EIIsINxeJMc2Y/rs:fit:2048:2048/q:70/aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzMvYWQvZDQvM2FkZDRkY2Q3NDVkMzUwODhjNzMwNGIyM2ZkMGE4ZDA3ZDlmZmFhNS5qcGVn

https://imgproxy.pinside.com/uZdIN_8ST0ulxbYPJKOpI_RxpfL-M13OGm9CpTs-clU/rs:fit:2048:2048/q:70/aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tL2IvZjgvNTgvYmY4NTg1ZTBmNjJjNDQxZmIzNjdkZTcyMzY2NDNkNDUwOGUyNDQxYy5qcGVn

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg
#10813 2 years ago
Quoted from nicogenin:

Hi all
I just bought a Ghostbusters PRO, and made some mods (figures, buildings, convolux ...) I love it, but now i have an error message when it starts ..
- the error message is :
CHECKING NODE BOARDS
OVERCURRENT DETECTED
I have this message for about 5 secondes, and then it disappears, and everythings works just fine !
- when i go to check in the audit menu for the node board 8, i have this message :
OVERCURRENT PROTECTION
TROUGH
Do i need to change the 'Node Board 8' ? and if yes do you know where is it in the pinball ?
I also have a perfetcly working AVENGERS AIQ PRO, do you know if i can try to swap the card if it's the same ?
Nicolas
Pics :
https://imgproxy.pinside.com/dvOTJdyjKoJOZH_Z4CyQuPFPK4crX4EIIsINxeJMc2Y/rs:fit:2048:2048/q:70/aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzMvYWQvZDQvM2FkZDRkY2Q3NDVkMzUwODhjNzMwNGIyM2ZkMGE4ZDA3ZDlmZmFhNS5qcGVn
https://imgproxy.pinside.com/uZdIN_8ST0ulxbYPJKOpI_RxpfL-M13OGm9CpTs-clU/rs:fit:2048:2048/q:70/aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tL2IvZjgvNTgvYmY4NTg1ZTBmNjJjNDQxZmIzNjdkZTcyMzY2NDNkNDUwOGUyNDQxYy5qcGVn[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have any light up mods hooked up to any of the gi string? Does the game still have factory stern bulbs?

#10814 2 years ago

When i bought the pinball (no error message) there was only 2 mods : the avengers towers and the sanctuary biulding.
When i bought the pinball i did the following mods :
- figures
- convolux
- i also updated the code to the last version
Then when i tried to switch on = error message ...

I did not hook any mod to a GI Lamp ... i really do not understand.

I wonder if my node board is broken ?

I have the AIQ pro with the node board 8 reference 520-7017-72, and i think it replace the node board 8 i have in my ghostbusters reference : 520-6985-72.
Do you think i can try to swap the board ?

Nicolas

#10815 2 years ago
Quoted from nicogenin:

Hi all
- the error message is :
CHECKING NODE BOARDS
OVERCURRENT DETECTED
OVERCURRENT PROTECTION
TROUGH
Nicolas
Pics :
https://imgproxy.pinside.com/uZdIN_8ST0ulxbYPJKOpI_RxpfL-M13OGm9CpTs-clU/rs:fit:2048:2048/q:70/aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tL2IvZjgvNTgvYmY4NTg1ZTBmNjJjNDQxZmIzNjdkZTcyMzY2NDNkNDUwOGUyNDQxYy5qcGVn[quoted image][quoted image]

Check lamps, may have a bad one drawing current, then it is being turned off. Look for a dimly lit one as well.

Can swap node board 9 in and change dip switches and see if problem follows, just write down all board dip settings.

#10816 2 years ago

Thanks for your help guys,
I am french, and not 100% sure i understand everythings : lol
I tested all the lamps ... and for me they are OK ...
Why do you say swap board 9 ? because my error is about node 8, right ? i should try to swap board 8 with my AIQ, no ?
I seen node 8 card is not the same bewteen Ghsotbusters and AIQ, but it seems in AIQ it's the newer version ?
I will go on ski for 4 days, i will continu and try what you said next week,
So many thxs for help !
Nicolas

#10817 2 years ago

In Ghostbusters game, Node boards 8 and 9 are the same. The difference between them is the DIP Switch settings.

You can switch Node board 9 into Node board 8 spot with the dip switch changes( Write down the dip switch settings before removing boards) then put Node Board 8 into Node board 9 and see if your overcurrent problem goes away or follows to Node 9 now. Seems confusing, but it is easy.

#10818 2 years ago

So I swapped out my battery for a brand new one and it's still not keeping date and time. Any idea what I should do now?

#10819 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

So I swapped out my battery for a brand new one and it's still not keeping date and time. Any idea what I should do now?

Verify the battery is good, I have seen weak coin cell battery's fresh out of the box.

#10820 2 years ago

Ok, I'll check it with my volt meter when i get home!

#10821 2 years ago

Mod-related questions: I'd like to 3D print a terror dog, paint it, hollow it out, and stick a red LED in there for the eyes to glow. I looked at tying the LED into the Terror Dog insert LED, but that one is a PCB LED, which I presume I cannot trigger off of. My next idea is just to use maybe the front red flasher instead. Any other ideas about what I should connect it to?

Also, I've never actually added a custom light before, although I did tap into the WOZ spinning house motor to connect a 12v fan. Can anyone suggest a specific LED component I would likely want for this? I was browsing Comet, but unsure what to select.

I've got a Pro, so will probably try to place the dog above the plastic ramp near the Terror Dog target.

Thanks for any pointers!

#10822 2 years ago

Flipper buttons not registering in game or test. Looks like it's goodbye again, node board 8. So that's 4 new boards I've shelled out for on GB alone.

Every time I look at a pin these days I just see a pile of node boards

#10823 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Flipper buttons not registering in game or test. Looks like it's goodbye again, node board 8. So that's 4 new boards I've shelled out for on GB alone.

Ugh. That’s terrible luck. Sounds like keeping a spare node board 8/9 is a good idea. Does anyone have a link for a good place to buy one?

#10824 2 years ago

Does anyone know when I can get the center post mod?

Found it.
Thanks

#10826 2 years ago

who has upgraded to the ColorDMD? Did you buy the Gasket and mounting kit too? Is it worth it

#10827 2 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

who has upgraded to the ColorDMD? Did you buy the Gasket and mounting kit too? Is it worth it

Yes, is completes the look. Otherwise you see a gap and light bleed

#10828 2 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Definitely buy the gasket...

#10829 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Maybe there’s another issue frying you’re boards. That is not typical.

#10830 2 years ago

For sure not normal. Gotta be a short somewhere or maybe a power supply issue?

#10831 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Maybe there’s another issue frying you’re boards. That is not typical.

Quoted from MaxIsDead:

For sure not normal. Gotta be a short somewhere or maybe a power supply issue?

Hmm. I do wonder if it's the power strip. I have 4 games running off the strip (recently replaced it with one with surge protection). Surely these games have to be a bit more electrically resilient than that, though, being designed to operate in an arcade with others on the same circuit? And the failures haven't happened at power-on, it's been in mid-game when the other pins weren't being played.

Must confess to being at a bit of a loss. Thanks for your responses - much appreciated.

#10832 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Hmm. I do wonder if it's the power strip. I have 4 games running off the strip (recently replaced it with one with surge protection). Surely these games have to be a bit more electrically resilient than that, though, being designed to operate in an arcade with others on the same circuit? And the failures haven't happened at power-on, it's been in mid-game when the other pins weren't being played.
Must confess to being at a bit of a loss. Thanks for your responses - much appreciated.

Would be a long shot, seems to me you have another unidentified issue in the game that is defeating the Node board.

#10833 2 years ago

Can you post pictures of powder coated premiums ,I need some ideas other than white!
Thanks

#10834 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Ugh. That’s terrible luck. Sounds like keeping a spare node board 8/9 is a good idea. Does anyone have a link for a good place to buy one?

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-spike-2-node-board-520-5329-10.html

#10835 2 years ago

Hi guys,
I did a post 7 days ago with my pb at the strat up : Overcurrent node board 8 detected.
With your help i went into the audit system and :
- i tested the lamps = OK
- i tested the coils = It seems i have 2 errors, 2 tests are KO :
Please see pics with the 2 errors tests :
----> for the 1st one 'Left Ramp Diverter' = nothing happens at all (no noise, nothing)
----> for the 2nd test 'Bank drop down' = it seems the target try to goes up but it can not, it stays under the playfield

Do you know guys what i need to do ? do i need to change one or 2 coils ?

Test 1 : Left Ramp Diverter
https://imgproxy.pinside.com/J15B4F0K9ss7HfRAuQbO62bhV6uIkzohbPBLZlQRghk/rs:fit:2048:2048/q:70/aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tL2YvZjUvMzEvZmY1MzEwNTBiZjhhMDU1Nzg5OWM0OWU5YzNlMjZjZTZlNDIxY2FlMS5qcGc

Test 2 : Bank drop down
https://imgproxy.pinside.com/r4GNePl6kG3gPU0ESiTs_tMF5vSZND9BwxXBL44N7OI/rs:fit:2048:2048/q:70/aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzUvNWQvZGYvNTVkZGY1ZWY3NWE0ZjdiMjMyYzg2MTIxMDFmYjc5MjQ4NDI1ZWE2MC5qcGc

IMG_1547 (resized).jpgIMG_1547 (resized).jpgIMG_1548 (resized).jpgIMG_1548 (resized).jpg
#10836 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Can you post pictures of powder coated premiums ,I need some ideas other than white!
Thanks

I guess I got my answer!

#10839 2 years ago

I'd go with the power supply if you are going to add a lot of electrical doodads. It provides separate power and keeps your pinball machine from possibly having problems with added electronics.

This:

"This Pinball Life Accessory Power Supply for Stern SPIKE system machines (see compatibility list below) is used to safely supply 12vdc and 5vdc power to all of your mods. This supply is strong and safe enough to support under-cabinet lighting alongside other mods on your SPIKE pinball machine. The power supply is fused on both the input and output side providing clean and safe accessory power. "

#10840 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'd go with the power supply if you are going to add a lot of electrical doodads. It provides separate power and keeps your pinball machine from possibly having problems with added electronics.
This:
"This Pinball Life Accessory Power Supply for Stern SPIKE system machines (see compatibility list below) is used to safely supply 12vdc and 5vdc power to all of your mods. This supply is strong and safe enough to support under-cabinet lighting alongside other mods on your SPIKE pinball machine. The power supply is fused on both the input and output side providing clean and safe accessory power. "

Thanks for the info

#10841 2 years ago

agree with cottonm4
- the first link is 12v and 3amp and 5 v at 1/2 amp
- the second is 12v only

The real issue is that those boards might supply that but can Stern's board system handle that on each of those games as you don't want to overload the stern boards - expensive fix. I am sure that US games have a power outlet in the backbox to connect a dedicated power supplier. If it does go that way, then you are pulling power independent of Stern's board set.

#10842 2 years ago

Made my first LED mod today. 3d printed a terror dog, painted him, shoved an LED in there, tapped into GI. Debating whether to put another one somewhere else in there...

doggie (resized).jpgdoggie (resized).jpg
#10843 2 years ago
Quoted from prentice:Made my first LED mod today. 3d printed a terror dog, painted him, shoved an LED in there, tapped into GI. Debating whether to put another one somewhere else in there...
[quoted image]

That looks super good!

#10844 1 year ago

Nice Mod! I love the detail of the Terror Dog.

#10845 1 year ago

I got tired of looking at the open top locknuts on the play field.

IMG_9638 (resized).jpgIMG_9638 (resized).jpg

And replaced them with some stainless steel cap nuts. These look prettier, but they are not locknuts. I'm not interested in installing lock washers but I think these will stay tightened OK.

IMG_9641 (resized).jpgIMG_9641 (resized).jpg

IMG_9643 (resized).jpgIMG_9643 (resized).jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08JHYZ3FW

#10846 1 year ago

Does anyone know where these blue "rebound blades?" can be bought? These look like they are going to be a high wear item.

Thanks.

IMG_9644 (resized).jpgIMG_9644 (resized).jpg

IMG_9645 (resized).jpgIMG_9645 (resized).jpg

#10847 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Does anyone know where these blue "rebound blades?" can be bought?

Those are blue nubs of death. https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-bnod-blue-nubs-of-death.html

#10848 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I got tired of looking at the open top locknuts on the play field.
[quoted image]
And replaced them with some stainless steel cap nuts. These look prettier, but they are not locknuts. I'm not interested in installing lock washers but I think these will stay tightened OK.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
amazon.com link »

You could try anodized lock nuts or acorn nuts too. They add some color. Mezel Mods

AFAC3562-1DCC-4246-9EFF-D529F272B1C7 (resized).pngAFAC3562-1DCC-4246-9EFF-D529F272B1C7 (resized).png
#10849 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

You could try anodized lock nuts or acorn nuts too. They add some color. Mezel Mods
[quoted image]

They are nice but at 80 cents each I am out.

#10850 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Does anyone know where these blue "rebound blades?" can be bought? These look like they are going to be a high wear item.
Thanks.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

These look fine, Just clean them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

15,699 (OBO)
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/217?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.