B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 250.
#10751 2 years ago

Folks, GB is at the height of its life time. A Dp Pro and $1k, market, isn’t close. I got a person with an open $8k pro want in Phoenix. I’ll sell at 9

#10752 2 years ago

Hi team,
Left scoop not registering. Switch and coil are fine in testing. Under PF inspection fine. Any ideas? Thanks

#10753 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Hi team,
Left scoop not registering. Switch and coil are fine in testing. Under PF inspection fine. Any ideas? Thanks

Are you using the ball to test the switch rather than your finger which may push the switch down a bit further.

#10754 2 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Are you using the ball to test the switch rather than your finger which may push the switch down a bit further.

Did both. Ball does it in switch test without fail. Finger also works haha.

#10755 2 years ago

Pay close attention that the switch is staying closed as the ball sits in the scoop. I’ll bet it isn’t. The ball drops in the scoop, triggers the switch then the switch opens when the ball comes to rest. The software fires the coil, even though the switch is open as a precaution.

Almost guaranteed you need to adjust it so the switch closes further. Very common problem on that scoop.

#10756 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Pay close attention that the switch is staying closed as the ball sits in the scoop. I’ll bet it isn’t. The ball drops in the scoop, triggers the switch then the switch opens when the ball comes to rest. The software fires the coil, even though the switch is open as a precaution.
Almost guaranteed you need to adjust it so the switch closes further. Very common problem on that scoop.

I have also seen those switch legs break loose and cause intermittent issues. I agree, switch could also be going bad as well. Bend the switch a little see what happens.

#10757 2 years ago

Hey All!

Times are tough for my family right now so I'm finally going to have to part with my beloved dream theme pin. I have the LE model with ColorDMD, side blades, shaker motor (that wasn't standard though wasn't it...I can't remember at this point), and a 2017 playfield replacement since I was one of the unlucky ones with ghosting inserts. I browsed the market but didn't see many sold LE's with an actual sold price listed. I was wondering what you guys think one could sell for.

Also, I have the topper as well and was thinking of selling that separate. I heard they go for crazy amounts these days but I don't see an recent sold prices for that either. Any ideas?

It sucks that I won't be in the club anymore but I hope to join again when things get back on track!

#10758 2 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Hey All!
Times are tough for my family right now so I'm finally going to have to part with my beloved dream theme pin. I have the LE model with ColorDMD, side blades, shaker motor (that wasn't standard though wasn't it...I can't remember at this point), and a 2017 playfield replacement since I was one of the unlucky ones with ghosting inserts. I browsed the market but didn't see many sold LE's with an actual sold price listed. I was wondering what you guys think one could sell for.
Also, I have the topper as well and was thinking of selling that separate. I heard they go for crazy amounts these days but I don't see an recent sold prices for that either. Any ideas?
It sucks that I won't be in the club anymore but I hope to join again when things get back on track!

Don't know of a price for the US as being in Australia but recommend working out a price for the modded LE + Topper value and since pinball is hard to get and GB it is hot now base the price similar to a LE Godzilla + the ColorDMD + shaker + topper at hard to get price

Looking at Stern's Website the side art blades were not standard
https://sternpinball.com/game/ghostbusters/

For the Godzilla LE price check out the MRSP prices
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-game-release-history

Maybe reach out to Zach Meny as he could give you a good estimate

I hope things work out, know that feeling well and down to a GB Pro - all the best

#10759 2 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Hey All!

Here are the Ghostbusters that have been advertised on Pinside. Some were sold. Some were not. For some reason the GB Premiums and LEs are listed in the same search so you need to make sure which ones are which. Make sure yo loo0k at the dates of the ads.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive?s=1&radius_latitude=37.675&radius_longitude=-97.32&keywords=ghostbusters+le&ad_condition=0&machine_type=&ad_machine_manuf=&year_from=&year_to=&radius_distancekm=0&sort_by=ad_end_date&sort_order=DESC#results

A search for sold toppers did not bring up anything, but the GB toppers are big bucks. Don't let anybody shark you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds?s=1&keywords=topper&ad_what%5B%5D=parts&ad_what%5B%5D=mod&ad_what%5B%5D=other&ad_wantedforsale%5B%5D=forsale&ad_wantedforsale%5B%5D=wanted&min_price=0&max_price=50000&pinsider=&machine_type=&ad_machine_manuf=&year_from=1931&year_to=2022&ad_condition=0&ad_countrycodes=&ad_states=&radius_distancekm=0&sort_by=ad_time_placed&sort_order=DESC#results

#10760 2 years ago

I’ve seen asking as high as $25,000
And a few around $20,000
I’d say put a number up and BO.
Toppers I have seen listings of $4,000 plus
But seems around $3,000 is A sellable number.
But like with all things only worth what the market will bare.

#10761 2 years ago

ok, some good numbers there, ignore my suggestions

you could even possible get the money and then get a GB Pro and still have a chunk of money

#10762 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Thanks this is helpful and will try tonight! Really appreciate it!

#10763 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

You are the man! Adjusted switch with needlenose and works great again! Thanks so much!

#10764 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

You are the man! Adjusted switch with needlenose and works great again! Thanks so much!

Thanks for posting the solution.

#10765 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Always the simplest solution sometimes.

#10766 2 years ago

Thanks for all the advice. I've officially listed the machine and the topper. I thought this machine would be in my collection forever but family comes first. Hopefully I'll be back in the club in a couple of years when everything gets sorted out!

#10767 2 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

I thought this machine would be in my collection forever but family comes first.

Best of luck to you and hope you are back busting ghosts again someday.

#10768 2 years ago

If anyone, locally, has a nice GB premium that’s interested in doing a trade for Rick & Morty BSE I just listed mine.

Thanks for looking.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/131886

#10769 2 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Thanks for all the advice. I've officially listed the machine and the topper. I thought this machine would be in my collection forever but family comes first. Hopefully I'll be back in the club in a couple of years when everything gets sorted out!

Best of luck. If I was lucky enough to own that topper I would have thrown in free US shipping to soften the blow to any potential buyer.

#10770 2 years ago

Why are my black rubber breaking so soon? replaced some rubbers about three month ago and four have already broken. machine get played about 25 games a month. Sometimes it wont be played for a couple of week and I will go to play and some rubbers will be laying there broken. Yes I have the correct rubbers in place .

#10771 2 years ago

My clock time wasn’t sticking so I just replaced the 2032 battery. Powered off since it was a bear to release. Clip on the side and top. High scores were not erased.

#10772 2 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

Why are my black rubber breaking so soon? replaced some rubbers about three month ago and four have already broken. machine get played about 25 games a month. Sometimes it wont be played for a couple of week and I will go to play and some rubbers will be laying there broken. Yes I have the correct rubbers in place .

I am not having any problems with rubbers breaking and I am playing every day. Possibly you got some defective rubbers on your last buy ?

Is it the same rubbers that are breaking or is it random? And the four that you replaced are now broken, too? Or is it a different four?

#10773 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I am not having any problems with rubbers breaking and I am playing every day. Possibly you got some defective rubbers on your last buy ?
Is it the same rubbers that are breaking or is it random? And the four that you replaced are now broken, too? Or is it a different four?

It's random so I have ordered a new batch and will keep track on how long they last and will try deferent vendors .

Thanks for your reply

#10774 2 years ago

How many have this as a topper? raise your hand please so I can count !

index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpg
#10775 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

How many have this as a topper? raise your hand please so I can count !
[quoted image]

no, but was tempted

#10776 2 years ago

What happened to the project to rebuild the topper from scratch? Look super interesting!

#10777 2 years ago

I found my topper. I still have to make the brackets to mount it with. And come up with some sort of lighting.

I figured it fits with the theme.

IMG_9316 (resized).jpgIMG_9316 (resized).jpg

#10778 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I found my topper. I still have to make the brackets to mount it with. And come up with some sort of lighting.
I figured it fits with the theme.
[quoted image]

As it sits with cardboard and no lights you could probably list it for $1800 and move it pretty quick!

#10779 2 years ago

I stopped by the Titan booth at TPF today and got a set of glow in the dark rubbers today. I've only done the area by the slings, next weekend I'll get the entire playfield done and give it a nice cleaning.

For premium/le owners, I highly recommend reversing the rubbers for the magna slings. They now feel fully engaged and honestly it's a whole new game.
20220326_210811 (resized).jpg20220326_210811 (resized).jpg

I also scored an official stern shooter rod during the swap meet this morning

20220326_214305 (resized).jpg20220326_214305 (resized).jpg

#10780 2 years ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

I highly recommend reversing the rubbers for the magna slings. They now feel fully engaged and honestly it's a whole new game.

What do you mean by this? I’m not able to see a difference from your pic.

#10781 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

What do you mean by this? I’m not able to see a difference from your pic.

Like this. Little round ones at the top and the long one at the bottom. For some reason stern had the long one up top and the small round ones on the bottom.

If you reverse them your magna slings will come to life.

20220326_210726 (resized).jpg20220326_210726 (resized).jpg
#10782 2 years ago

Like this. Little round ones at the top and the long one at the bottom. For some reason stern had the long one up top and the small round ones on the bottom.
If you reverse them your magna slings will come to life.[quoted image]

Oh I see now, yeah I did that with mine a while back and put the large one lower. You are right there’s a better difference in bounce for sure!

#10783 2 years ago

If you reverse them your magna slings will come to life.[quoted image]

I used to do that until I found that the ball was lifting off the playfield often and was driving me crazy. Had to switch them back.

#10784 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I used to do that until I found that the ball was lifting off the playfield often and was driving me crazy. Had to switch them back.

the ball would hop with the magnoslings?

#10785 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

the ball would hop with the magnoslings?

Yes, every time it would hit the rubber, it would lift off the playfield slightly when traveling to the other side. I assumed it was the angle of the rubber getting under the ball just enough to lift.. It sounded like the ball was being lifted and dropped (lightly), but it was annoying. Then I started thinking (overthinking) if that would lead to added scratches or whatever, just by having more abuse on the playfield.. So I changed out my rubbers and put it back to the normal positions. Everything seems good now.

#10786 2 years ago

Sweet find yesterday!

C0197ECA-7C5E-4143-B8FC-F697AE8DFDD3 (resized).jpegC0197ECA-7C5E-4143-B8FC-F697AE8DFDD3 (resized).jpeg
#10787 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Sweet find yesterday!
[quoted image]

Freaking awesome!! Congrats.

#10788 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Sweet find yesterday!
[quoted image]

congrats, make sure you got the lastest code, they added the hit the spinner, it lites the topper. I called them every 3 months until they added it since 2017. Chaz was getting tired of me calling hey can you tell the team to add this... including the monthly emails to Stern to support team add the spinner lights the topper.

The only reason I bring it up, b/c in 2017 the topper only worked in attract mode and when the etco1 was on the DMD... boring as hell. It was a lot of money to spend on a topper back then and only see it work every so often, but they made it do more since the latest updates.

Spin that spinner!!!
Carry on.

#10789 2 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

congrats, make sure you got the lastest code, they added the hit the spinner, it lites the topper. I called them every 3 months until they added it since 2017. Chaz was getting tired of me calling hey can you tell the team to add this... including the monthly emails to Stern to support team add the spinner lights the topper.
The only reason I bring it up, b/c in 2017 the topper only worked in attract mode and when the etco1 was on the DMD... boring as hell. It was a lot of money to spend on a topper back then and only see it work every so often, but they made it do more since the latest updates.
Spin that spinner!!!
Carry on.

Fun! I'll double check the code version. Thanks for the tip!

#10790 2 years ago

We got oneeee! Always adding more and more mods. Great fun machine! Happy weekend everyone! 067162FB-CD9F-4AE8-96EE-F6ECEA7B61F3 (resized).jpeg067162FB-CD9F-4AE8-96EE-F6ECEA7B61F3 (resized).jpeg

#10791 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

We got oneeee! Always adding more and more mods. Great fun machine! Happy weekend everyone! [quoted image]

nice looking game, if you ever proton the proton gun mod, just yell out

#10792 2 years ago

Finally watched GB Afterlife, Covid got in the way of getting to the movies, good movie and would be cool for a Ghostbusters game retheme

#10793 2 years ago

Did you see the post credits scene? Priceless

#10794 2 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Wow, I never knew that was there. Just watched it online. Really awesome!

#10795 2 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I went back and watched - missed some of it but watched the card zapping, funny

#10796 2 years ago

Who sells this topper?

20F51E20-F15A-4A53-8E35-AD4ED2D92292 (resized).jpeg20F51E20-F15A-4A53-8E35-AD4ED2D92292 (resized).jpeg
#10797 2 years ago
Quoted from DanTheMan:

Who sells this topper?
[quoted image]

I purchased mine from Tilt Graphics. It looks fantastic and colors are customizable.

#10798 2 years ago
Quoted from DanTheMan:

Who sells this topper?
[quoted image]

Thought it was Laseriffic.

#10799 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thought it was Laseriffic.

Tilt Graphics (TG) sells Toppers made by Laseriffic. However, I purchased mine from TG. Looking at the two sites, TG's still shows this Topper in stock but I do not see it on Laseriffic's site. Laseriffic does make some really nice Toppers though.

#10800 2 years ago

I just relisted my ad but wanted to post that I have 10 sets ready to go if anyone is interested. Thanks to @cottonm4, the installation is much easier with the 12" #1 phillips screwdriver I picked up on Amazon for $11.

IMG_0108[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0108[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0110[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0110[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0127[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0127[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0132[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0132[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0120[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0120[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0084[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0084[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0117[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0117[1] (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/216?hl=eyeamred2u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.