IMG_1693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 249.
#10601 2 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

OK cool thanks. I fell like that is "right"

Yes mine too did the same but adjusting the coil strength made no difference on mine.

check your top scoop guide as mine did fail and snap at the spot welds after 6 months. The ball should eject to the right flipper and have enough power / bounce to then bounce to the left flipper so you can catch and trap.

#10602 2 years ago

I finally got to mod install day after my basement flooded end of last year! Installed the Swinks Proton Guns, the Wolffcub Firehouse mod, a new Ecto goggle LCD screen and protector (should have protected it the first time). I also moved the Ecto 1 to the right side. The top got bashed off by a ball, and slimmer hits against it anyway on the left side in-front of the firehouse. The left side looks so empty now though … I need to think this one over.

Also, I need to order a Color DMD.

F518F805-C025-4A99-9DCD-4A6103D77936 (resized).jpegF518F805-C025-4A99-9DCD-4A6103D77936 (resized).jpeg
#10604 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I finally got to mod install day after my basement flooded end of last year! Installed the Swinks Proton Guns, the Wolffcub Firehouse mod, a new Ecto goggle LCD screen and protector (should have protected it the first time). I also moved the Ecto 1 to the right side. The top got bashed off by a ball, and slimmer hits against it anyway on the left side in-front of the firehouse. The left side looks so empty now though … I need to think this one over.
[quoted image]

Looks great. Going to try my proton gun install today.

#10605 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

check your top scoop guide as mine did fail and snap at the spot welds after 6 months. The ball should eject to the right flipper and have enough power / bounce to then bounce to the left flipper so you can catch and trap.

Right on. I will check on that weld!

#10606 2 years ago

Stage Lights Darkened tonight in honor of Ivan Reitman. RIP.

IMG_2058.jpgIMG_2058.jpg
#10607 2 years ago

My left Cliffy on the scoop is warped and changes the trajectory of the ball. Wishing there was another way to get it out of there without removing the whole upper left of the playfield.

#10608 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

My left Cliffy on the scoop is warped and changes the trajectory of the ball. Wishing there was another way to get it out of there without removing the whole upper left of the playfield.

I addressed this just a few posts earlier

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/212#post-6767628

#10609 2 years ago

Nice, I missed it. Planning on addressing it when I get the firehouse mod.

My plan is to remove it completely. I removed a Cliffy on my X-men and it dramatically increased ball control coming out of the left.
I don't think home use wear and tear necessarily needs protectors.

#10610 2 years ago

Played a round in honor of Ivan Reitman

RIP

1331087E-8B58-4716-9DDA-BF7E9174DC02 (resized).jpeg1331087E-8B58-4716-9DDA-BF7E9174DC02 (resized).jpeg
#10611 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Played a round in honor of Ivan Reitman
RIP
[quoted image]

Those streams look awesome!

#10612 2 years ago

I probably missed it in the 213 pages of posts, but where’d you get those streams? Freaking awesome.

#10613 2 years ago

Does anyone have a lead on a new Ghostbusters Premium / LE playfield? Yes, I know that many were sent back or exchanged, but I thought that I might invest in an extra one?

I didn't notice if any were available in this thread. I didn't see any in the Playfields for sale/trade thread either.

Thanks!

#10614 2 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

Does anyone have a lead on a new Ghostbusters Premium / LE playfield? Yes, I know that many were sent back or exchanged, but I thought that I might invest in an extra one?
I didn't notice if any were available in this thread. I didn't see any in the Playfields for sale/trade thread either.
Thanks!

I’m not sure many blank playfields were sent. I think most were populated swaps if I am not mistaken.

#10615 2 years ago

Ok. I guess I should also ask if anyone has a playfield that was kept? Perhaps one that was not sent back?
It might have "ghosted" inserts or something like that?

I also realize that not everyone wanted John's signature on their pf. If any of those exist, I'd be happy to bargain for one.

#10616 2 years ago

Hey guys, I’m starting to get a lot of air balls for some reason. I have the protector over the 2x, 3x targets. I think they might be coming off of the Ghost target. Anyone else have that problem? Is there a different fix for that?

#10617 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Hey guys, I’m starting to get a lot of air balls for some reason. I have the protector over the 2x, 3x targets. I think they might be coming off of the Ghost target. Anyone else have that problem? Is there a different fix for that?

My air balls were happening during two different instances. 1) Off of the 2x and 3x targets - this was solved by swinks brackets. 2) Off of the ramp - this was solved with the ugly plastic air ball protector.

I very rarely have seen an air ball after those changes.

#10618 2 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

Ok. I guess I should also ask if anyone has a playfield that was kept? Perhaps one that was not sent back?
I also realize that not everyone wanted John's signature on their pf. If any of those exist, I'd be happy to bargain for one.

Been trying for years

Many were supposed to be professionally installed and then sent back to Stern

Wish I could find a populated field

#10619 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

My air balls were happening during two different instances. 1) Off of the 2x and 3x targets - this was solved by swinks brackets. 2) Off of the ramp - this was solved with the ugly plastic air ball protector.
I very rarely have seen an air ball after those changes.

I’ll have to watch the 2x, 3x targets I guess. I thought the ramp bracket also eliminated those air balls for me, but maybe not!

What are these Swinks brackets you speak of?

#10620 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I’ll have to watch the 2x, 3x targets I guess. I thought the ramp bracket also eliminated those air balls for me, but maybe not!
What are these Swinks brackets you speak of?

https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace

#10621 2 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

I looked for it for more time from Stern and all distributors. KMS founded last one for me later more months. I just bought it in November.
I didn’t found a LE version. I founded a Premium version but it is the same and I bought it only for insurance for the future.

In the end I think it is very difficult to found from distributors. You can found it from collectors

#10622 2 years ago

Thanks for the postings on playfields. I plan to keep my premium for awhile, so having one in reserve is a bit of advanced planning.

#10623 2 years ago

anybody in Canada looking for a GB PRO in absolute mint condition, clean and low plays? It is HUO but anyways, more info by private, do not want to bother here with this.

can provide pics and more info by private msg.
Will be listing this locally at some point in the next 30 days when my schedule allows, but between now and then I figured I would drop a line just in case somebody wants it.
I can ship to USA as well if required, but all shipping arrangements should be made by the buyer.
Game is absolutely mint - pristine.

Continue with your regular GB comments! sorry! over and out.

Thanks!

#10624 2 years ago

Need some help please. I bought a used Topper for a ridiculous price. The seller did not include the power adapter. He’s not responding to me now. Can someone with a topper take some pictures of the adapter from the power supply in the bottom right of the head to the topper connections?

#10625 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Need some help please. I bought a used Topper for a ridiculous price. The seller did not include the power adapter. He’s not responding to me now. Can someone with a topper take some pictures of the adapter from the power supply in the bottom right of the head to the topper connections?

I am too lazy to take my glass off the back box to take pics, but this might help. It's a PDF click on it, has 6 steps shows the cable and RJ45 adaptor & power extension cable.

Added YT video

SternGBTopperedit.pdfSternGBTopperedit.pdf

#10626 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I can make you one for cost of parts plus shipping and handling.

#10627 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

[quoted image]

Color LCD DMD should always be you’re first mod on any pin.

#10628 2 years ago

Premium or LE owners: I have question regarding the magnetic sling shots own my Premium. When I was playing the GB at the Denver pin Showdown, that magnetic sling kicked on and weirded the ball out; I think at the point I was hooked and decided I was going to get a GB.

But, I don't know if mine are working correctly and I don't know how to troubleshoot them.

On my Premium, the small triangle lights light up in front of the right hand sling and then, more than likely, I am going to be witnessing some crazy action with the magnets playing with the ball movement.

IMG_9040 (resized).JPGIMG_9040 (resized).JPG

But I only notice this magnet action happening on the right hand sling. My left hand sling magnets will kick in a little bit during a multi-ball session.

Keeping in mind that even the right hand side does not go overboard with magnetic action, is this very minor amount of magnet action on the left sling normal? Or should it be more active to match the right side action?

I am sorry for the awkward question, but if you have a Premium or LE, I hope you can understand what I am trying to ask.

#10629 2 years ago

Help.

Both of my Scolari Brothers drop targets have quit working. It is not the springs. This feels like some sort of electronic issue. Either the drops will not raise up or if they do raise up then 2 seconds later they fall back down.

I am lost in the weeds on this.

Is there a dedicated troubleshooting website for Ghostbusters?

Would it do any good to contact Stern regarding issues on a 5 year old pin?

Thanks.

#10630 2 years ago

Make sure they are turned on in settings !

#10631 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Help.
Both of my Scolari Brothers drop targets have quit working. It is not the springs. This feels like some sort of electronic issue. Either the drops will not raise up or if they do raise up then 2 seconds later they fall back down.
Thanks.

Make sure the tabs are not broken on the targets are severely worn, are the plugs completely on or loose causing intermittent connection? Start looking for broken wires.

#10632 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Help.
Thanks.

When they pop up and won't stay up the this is typically the issue, the ledge wears out and needs to be replaced or sometimes a space is needed too.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-1-bank-target-rest-ledge.html

Test them in the diag... system to get them to pop up.

#10633 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Make sure they are turned on in settings !

Yes. They have been turned on since I brought it home. They have been working fine. Working fine all day long. And then the right target would not raise up.

Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Make sure the tabs are not broken on the targets are severely worn, are the plugs completely on or loose causing intermittent connection? Start looking for broken wires.

I had the play field opened up. Mechanically, everything is looking good. Nothing appears to be broken. I do not see any broken wires.

With the play field up, I manually operated the Scolari drops. Mechanically, they work fine.

So, I lower the play field and credit up a game. Both targets raise up and stay put. I start playing. And then I knock down the right target. A bit later I knock down the left target. I continue to play but the targets do not raise back up.

And then, all of a sudden, both targets pop up, and then 2 seconds later, they drop down again. And they are still down.

As noted, mechanically, the targets work fine. And I see not any broken wires.

I'm dreading that something has gone bad inside the brain box.

#10634 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes. They have been turned on since I brought it home. They have been working fine. Working fine all day long. And then the right target would not raise up.

I had the play field opened up. Mechanically, everything is looking good. Nothing appears to be broken. I do not see any broken wires.
With the play field up, I manually operated the Scolari drops. Mechanically, they work fine.
So, I lower the play field and credit up a game. Both targets raise up and stay put. I start playing. And then I knock down the right target. A bit later I knock down the left target. I continue to play but the targets do not raise back up.
And then, all of a sudden, both targets pop up, and then 2 seconds later, they drop down again. And they are still down.
As noted, mechanically, the targets work fine. And I see not any broken wires.
I'm dreading that something has gone bad inside the brain box.

Seems like you have a mis adjusted switch, what I mean is that when you are in "Test" mode it works fine, then when you play a game, due to vibrations and oother factors, the switch has erratic behaviors causing it to triggers the targets to drop and simulate closure/open

#10635 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Seems like you have a mis adjusted switch, what I mean is that when you are in "Test" mode it works fine, then when you play a game, due to vibrations and oother factors, the switch has erratic behaviors causing it to triggers the targets to drop and simulate closure/open

No. I did not go into "test" mode. And the only 2 switches I see are those units I think are called "optos".

The problem is not with getting the drop targets to drop. They drop fine. But whatever is signaling them to raise back up is not doing the job. So, they are in the "stuck down" position and will not raise back up.

As strange as it sounds, I am trying to remember how they did work, or are supposed to work. My mind is telling me that as soon as I start a game, those 2 drops are supposed to raise up and be ready for play action. But this is what they are not doing. They just stay down. I don't know what signals them to raise up.

#10636 2 years ago

The scolari bro targets only raise when it’s time to kick som bro butt - like hitting the captive ball for symmetrical book stacking twice, first to start a hurry up and second time before hurry up ends.

#10637 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

The scolari bro targets only raise when it’s time to kick som bro butt - like hitting the captive ball for symmetrical book stacking twice, first to start a hurry up and second time before hurry up ends.

Thank you. That helped my understanding a little bit. I still have my problem.

I can manually activate the captive ball switch and the drops will raise. But if I knock the drops back down, the captive switch will not work a 2nd time until something else happens on the play field---and I don't know what that something is. Once I hit whatever it is on the play field, the captive ball switch will raise the drops. But I cannot knock the drops down and then expect to raise them back up with the captive ball switch. Something else has to happen for the captive ball switch to work the drops again.

Anyway, here is a 1 minute 27 second video I made showing my problem.

1) I have manually raised the drop targets to show that they do raise up and, more important, they stay up.

2) Now I turn the pin on and wait for startup. Both targets are still in raised position, suggesting that mechanically, all is as it should be.

3) As soon as the pin turns on, the drop targets drop.

4) I credit a game, but the drop targets do not raise back up ( I am used to crediting a game and immediately seeing the drops in raised position that I need to hit to get them out of my way so I can shoot the right orbit. That is not happening now. I am shooting to a wide open play field).

5) I swing the camera around and reach to activate the captive ball switch. Both drops raise up as they should. But......

6) The right hand drop target will not stay up. Here is one thing with the drops that I know is supposed to happen. When a drop is dropped, you have 10 seconds to knock the 2nd drop down or the 1st drop will pop back up.

It looks like both drop target assemblies are the same. I may try swapping them and see if the problem follows the drop target or stays with the right hand position.

This is what you are seeing trying to happen at the 10 second mark. The right hand drop target raises up, as it is supposed to, but it is immediately being sucked back down. 10 seconds later it pops back up and immediately drops. I think I could lever the pin in this condition, leave the house for 2 hours and this action would still be happening when I returned.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

#10638 2 years ago

The lip that those catch on to stay up is delicate and tricky. I bet it's just been worn enough to not be reliable. I'd try replacing it

#10639 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

The lip that those catch on to stay up is delicate and tricky. I bet it's just been worn enough to not be reliable. I'd try replacing it

OK. But why does the target stay up when I raise it manually and only drops down after I turn the pin on?

Are these lips something that replacements can be bought?

#10640 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

OK. But why does the target stay up when I raise it manually and only drops down after I turn the pin on?
Are these lips something that replacements can be bought?

The target is supposed to drop on pin start up or if a ball drains during gameplay, that is normal.
Go read this thread to learn about the drop targets. This thread talks about how to add lights, but shows great pictures of the drop target and assemblies.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/want-light-up-drop-targets-for-ghostbusters

#10641 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

The target is supposed to drop on pin start up or if a ball drains during gameplay, that is normal.

Thank you.

I'm going to swap the drops and see if the problem follows.

EDIT: I made the swap and the problem follows the drop target. I see the locking lips for the drop target but they look OK. I'm going to have to pull the drop assembly and get it on the bench.

I'll be back with either more problems or with the solution.

#10642 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thank you.
EDIT: I made the swap and the problem follows the drop target. I see the locking lips for the drop target but they look OK. I'm going to have to pull the drop assembly and get it on the bench.

A buddy of mine was having a similar problem with the drops on Deadpool, wracked his brain for a while then stumbled on this service bulletin for World Poker tour. This fixed his deadpool drops. Might be helpful with this issue too. check it out:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/sb165.pdf

#10643 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thank you.

I found the problem. The little lip that screws to the bracket is broken. Unfortunately, It does not seem to be playing nice with the super glue.

IMG_9050 (resized).JPGIMG_9050 (resized).JPG

IMG_9053 (resized).JPGIMG_9053 (resized).JPG

So, where can I buy one of these little fuckers at?

I suppose Stern would want me to buy the entire assembly. And that is assuming Stern is still even suppling the parts.

#10644 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I found the problem. The little lip that screws to the bracket is broken. Unfortunately, It does not seem to be playing nice with the super glue.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
So, where can I buy one of these little fuckers at?
I suppose Stern would want me to buy the entire assembly. And that is assuming Stern is still even suppling the parts.

I think: https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-1-bank-target-rest-ledge.html

#10646 2 years ago

Unbelievable. Stern supplies them. Looks like I am going to, once again, do my part to keep the post office cash registers ringing.

Thank you, both.

Just so you don't think I am the voice of good cheer , I also have clear coat chipping. This I can fix, but another PIA.

IMG_9060 (resized).JPGIMG_9060 (resized).JPG

#10647 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Unbelievable. Stern supplies them. Looks like I am going to, once again, do my part to keep the post office cash registers ringing.
Thank you, both.
Just so you don't think I am the voice of good cheer , I also have clear coat chipping. This I can fix, but another PIA.
[quoted image]

That does not look like clear chipping, that looks more like the edge being damaged because the drop down target might be sitting 1mm too low.
Have you tried adjusting the height of it? Is it flush with the pf?

#10648 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I also have clear coat chipping.

Pin_Fandango is right, if your drop is flush with the pf when down, you should avoid that. You can also add a drop target Cliffy like this.

4F635732-3663-4BE5-8ABB-325F8C1C56FE (resized).jpeg4F635732-3663-4BE5-8ABB-325F8C1C56FE (resized).jpeg
#10649 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

That does not look like clear chipping, that looks more like the edge being damaged because the drop down target might be sitting 1mm too low.
Have you tried adjusting the height of it? Is it flush with the pf?

Both drops sit flush with play field when down. They sat flush before I swapped them and the both sit flush now. But, yes, it looks like the drop is dragging and pulling clear away when it raises up.

Quoted from Pinkitten:

Pin_Fandango is right, if your drop is flush with the pf when down, you should avoid that. You can also add a drop target Cliffy like this. [quoted image]

I might look into this. Thanks.

#10650 2 years ago

I was working on another project for GB when my drop target broke. This pin demands good lighting for when the play field goes dark during Loopins. Playing with a pedestal work lamp at the side of the cabinet doesn't cut it.

So, I spent a little bit of time on the "poor mans' Stadium lighting" system. My parts from Amazon arrived yesterday. Tomorrow, if all goes according to plan, I will be installing some stadium lighting for GB.

It took about and hour to build the LED rails. I am waiting for the Gorilla Glue to set up and tomorrow I should be playing with it all lit up. These LED rails were super easy to build.

IMG_9062 (resized).JPGIMG_9062 (resized).JPG

Here is the link

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poor-mans-stadium-lighting

Inside the link, was another link that took me to youtube for Hurry Up Pinball's instructions on how to build.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hurryuppinball+-+how+to+build+playfield+lights

I could not find his reference for what parts are needed, but I figured out what parts to buy---and not buy.

If anybody wants the Amazon shopping list, let me know and I will put up what parts are needed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 12,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/213?hl=ghiandalf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.