Quoted from Riefepeters:
The scolari bro targets only raise when it’s time to kick som bro butt - like hitting the captive ball for symmetrical book stacking twice, first to start a hurry up and second time before hurry up ends.
Thank you. That helped my understanding a little bit. I still have my problem.
I can manually activate the captive ball switch and the drops will raise. But if I knock the drops back down, the captive switch will not work a 2nd time until something else happens on the play field---and I don't know what that something is. Once I hit whatever it is on the play field, the captive ball switch will raise the drops. But I cannot knock the drops down and then expect to raise them back up with the captive ball switch. Something else has to happen for the captive ball switch to work the drops again.
Anyway, here is a 1 minute 27 second video I made showing my problem.
1) I have manually raised the drop targets to show that they do raise up and, more important, they stay up.
2) Now I turn the pin on and wait for startup. Both targets are still in raised position, suggesting that mechanically, all is as it should be.
3) As soon as the pin turns on, the drop targets drop.
4) I credit a game, but the drop targets do not raise back up ( I am used to crediting a game and immediately seeing the drops in raised position that I need to hit to get them out of my way so I can shoot the right orbit. That is not happening now. I am shooting to a wide open play field).
5) I swing the camera around and reach to activate the captive ball switch. Both drops raise up as they should. But......
6) The right hand drop target will not stay up. Here is one thing with the drops that I know is supposed to happen. When a drop is dropped, you have 10 seconds to knock the 2nd drop down or the 1st drop will pop back up.
It looks like both drop target assemblies are the same. I may try swapping them and see if the problem follows the drop target or stays with the right hand position.
This is what you are seeing trying to happen at the 10 second mark. The right hand drop target raises up, as it is supposed to, but it is immediately being sucked back down. 10 seconds later it pops back up and immediately drops. I think I could lever the pin in this condition, leave the house for 2 hours and this action would still be happening when I returned.
Any thoughts are appreciated.