B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 250.
#10401 2 years ago

I am making them for friends.
I am selling each screen for $400 Cad, not sure what that is in USD.
It takes time to order these so they wont be ready for a couple months. I have some already done for other folks in the IJ thread and T2 and those come first before I can make more, lots of delays finding parts specially microcontrollers. The pin2dmd takes a smt32 100 pin chip that went up in price 800 to 1000%.

I also not sure the colorization is complete for gb.

Not all colorizations for pin2dmd are perfect. My IJ has bugs in the colorization that the artist tries his best at fixing but it is bit perfect yet.

A lot of games have been done with pin2dmd and I like them, it costs less than a colourdmd but the colourdmd is perfect.

With pin2dmd you get the colour files and you can use the screen on any williams/sam/spike1 that has been colorized.

The screens use 12v to run, or they can also use a separate 5v circuit for sam already incorporated on the board. I prefer using the 12v circuit.
Not relevant to the scope of this discussion.

I like tinkering and enjoy making this.
I encourage anybody to make them if they want, it will cost you less but ordering screens has a minimum order of 5. Becauee of time and effort I charge some extra to cover my time in making them. Especially when I have to solder a microchip with 100 pin 0.3mm wide under microscope, lol.

Anyway, enough infomercial. Once I have one ready in my game I can show you guys and maybe I will make some for you.

#10402 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Friend of mine went through the game recently and added in all the movie music. Check out post #10231 for details.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/205#post-6677006

I read that post, wasn't sure what game it was for? Pro, Premium/LE?

#10403 2 years ago

Just get the ColorDMD LCD. Jeeze.

#10404 2 years ago

That new code was for the premium (and I guess would also work for LE).

#10405 2 years ago

Having an issue with a handful of switches that have all stopped registering: Ghost target, left ramp, captive ball, etc. They all seem to be tied to CN12 on node board 9 but I've reseated with no change. I've checked each switch and I'm not seeing any wires loose. Wondering what I'm missing and what the best way to troubleshoot this would be, right now it seems like a needle in a haystack.

#10406 2 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Having an issue with a handful of switches that have all stopped registering: Ghost target, left ramp, captive ball, etc. They all seem to be tied to CN12 on node board 9 but I've reseated with no change. I've checked each switch and I'm not seeing any wires loose. Wondering what I'm missing and what the best way to troubleshoot this would be, right now it seems like a needle in a haystack.

Swap Node Board 8 with Node Board 9, set dips to match what each were, make sure you take pics of what they were originally. Then try out. This should eliminate Board.

#10407 2 years ago

We’ll if it’s the node board you’re screwed. No new node boards out there. Unless anyone here has one for sale?

#10408 2 years ago
Quoted from DanTheMan:

We’ll if it’s the node board you’re screwed. No new node boards out there. Unless anyone here has one for sale?

Gotta find the right people to fix them. That is the million dollar answer.

#10409 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Gotta find the right people to fix them. That is the million dollar answer.

Sent my node board out in October for repair. No news on it since. I assume they’re backed up pretty deep.

#10410 2 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

CN12 has several switch inputs that are all active low. CN12 Pin 10 is ground and is most likely connected to one side of each switch. Make sure that ground signal is making to to the switches so that when they close, they register. If that ground wire is broken or has a bad connection, none of those switches will work.

Another way to test this would be to go into switch test, raise the PF. Remove CN12 and use a jumper wire to short from pin 10 to any one of the other pins EXCEPT pin 1which is +5V. So short pin 10 to say, pin 9. If the game registers the switch closing, you have a wiring problem. If it registers nothing, you have a bad board. If it is only CN12 that isn't working, that should be an easy repair as it would need the shift register chip that connects to CN12 replaced.

#10411 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

CN12 has several switch inputs that are all active low. CN12 Pin 10 is ground and is most likely connected to one side of each switch. Make sure that ground signal is making to to the switches so that when they close, they register. If that ground wire is broken or has a bad connection, none of those switches will work.
Another way to test this would be to go into switch test, raise the PF. Remove CN12 and use a jumper wire to short from pin 10 to any one of the other pins EXCEPT pin 1which is +5V. So short pin 10 to say, pin 9. If the game registers the switch closing, you have a wiring problem. If it registers nothing, you have a bad board. If it is only CN12 that isn't working, that should be an easy repair as it would need the shift register chip that connects to CN12 replaced.

If I wasn't so busy, I would start repairing these boards.

#10412 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I have it from reliable sources that stern no longer has the rights to Ghostbusters, and coupled with the tie-in to the game designer John Trudeau who pled guilty to atrocious acts...they are distancing themselves from it.
It has largely gone up in price because it has become known that it will never be vaulted or re-made.

Well that is a shame if true. I think this will just make the price go up and up putting the price out of reach of most people. Kman did say Stern would be releasing some toppers soon.

I think the game is awesome.

#10413 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

This was a huge help and found the broken ground wire. Thanks!

IMG_2519 (resized).jpegIMG_2519 (resized).jpeg
#10414 2 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

[quoted image]

That’s gotta be a huge relief!

#10415 2 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

[quoted image]

Wow, how did ya miss that broken.

Gonna save lots of money for sure.

#10416 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Wow, how did ya miss that broken.

It was tucked into the harness pretty well and since it was on a switch that would normally have 2 grounds daisy chained I took a pass at it and said "nope, not missing a wire". Checking continuity between everything was what led me to look closer for a broken wire.

Quoted from mrm_4:

That’s gotta be a huge relief!

When I'm working on a pin I hate pinball, when I find a fix like that I love it again. Haha, huge relief!

#10417 2 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

[quoted image]

That’s awesome! Glad you found the problem and thanks for posting the solution for others in the future!

#10418 2 years ago

How do super jackpots work during storage facility md?
Was watching the screen while a friend was playing and he was nailing some massive jackpot shots.

Added over 2 years ago:

*storage facility multi-ball

#10419 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My seller had bought a mod that he had not installed yet. I am still learning my way around with GB. I do not know what everything is called.
This mod is replacing the 2D buildings in the back with some 3D buildings.
[quoted image]
I installed the building that sits on the right side behind the pops and in front of the marshmallow guy.
[quoted image]
They are made by someone named Sam. This is all I know. I would like to talk with Sam if anyone knows how to contact him.
His installation instructions need to be modified. The instructions say to remove the ramp to install this mod in front of Stay Puft. You do not need to remove the ramp. Do not remove the ramp.
[quoted image]
===========================================================================
Here is how to install this unit.
The slimer is attached to its rotating shaft with an Allen screw. Loosen that screw and swing Slimer out of the way. You can remove Slimer from the rotating shaft and lay him on the play field but it is not necessary. The rotating shaft is keyed so there is no way to reinstall Slimer incorrectly.

With slimer out of the way, you can access the 3 screws that attach the buildings to the top of the pop bumpers. Remove the buildings from the pop bumpers.
[quoted image]
With the pop bumper buildings out of the way, you can easily access the two small screws that attach the 2D buildings to their mounting tabs. A long shank #1 Phillips screwdriver would be best, although I did this swap out with a short shank screwdriver.
[quoted image]
So, EZ PZY, right? Nope. There is one more challenge. The factory 2D building measures .050" thick. The Mod buildings mounting point is thicker and measures approximately .110" thick. The Stern factory uses short screws to attach 2D parts to brackets. These screws are almost too short to install the 3D building.
[quoted image]
Both 2D and 3D buildings are shown here. You can see the difference in thickness.
[quoted image]
What should have been a 1 minute job to install this 3D building morphed into a 40 minute odyssey as I tried to get these screws installed. I finally had to get creative and make one of the screws a captive screw ( https://fastenerengineering.com/what-are-captive-screws/ ) to do this install.
These screws are very small. Like the screws you see inside a computer. I do not know where to source them. But if the 2 screws were 1/4" inch longer the install would have been a breeze. The short factory screws will make you cuss. If I had a long shank magnetic #1 Phillips screwdriver the install would have been easier, but I don't have such a tool and don't want to buy one.
Recap:
Do not remove the ramp. Swing Slimer out of the way, remove the pop buildings and pray for longer screws.
I hope this helps anybody else who might be getting ready to install these buildings mods.
I have not gotten to the buildings that are sitting behind the fire house.
It is a nice looking mod.
======================
Now, I need to make some airball protectors.

I finally got around to ordering that 12" long #1 Phillips screwdriver from Amazon. With this long screwdriver, I was able to access the 2 screws for the building that sits behind the firehouse and was able to install the 3D building.

c1becc2c2cbb61c89082f2629931cef64ade5126 (resized).jpgc1becc2c2cbb61c89082f2629931cef64ade5126 (resized).jpg

This longer screwdriver will let you slip between one of the slots in the left ramp and then you can access the screws and make the swap.

IMG_8926 (resized).JPGIMG_8926 (resized).JPG

IMG_8921 (resized).jpgIMG_8921 (resized).jpg

IMG_8923 (resized).jpgIMG_8923 (resized).jpg

And the longer screwdriver makes for easier access to the building sitting behind the pops.

IMG_8924 (resized).jpgIMG_8924 (resized).jpg

I did not take a picture of the 3D building. But it is now installed.

I suppose that eventually I might find another use for this long screwdriver. Right now, it has cost $10.00 just to access those 2 screws from behind the firehouse.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D7CH6WN

#10420 2 years ago

Wow!! I got to the 4th phase of god mode after beating all the modes IN ORDER!! And I did it on film,but the camera shut off after 17min . Still a pretty awesome video of doing the modes in order, best game ever, camera shuts off a few shots after staypuft starts !! Enjoy ☺️

#10421 2 years ago

I have a GI/ Flasher issue on my Ghostbusters pro. My PKE lights are out all 3 of them. And my gozer flasher(both), the firehouse,spinner,the center flasher in between the pop numbers,left scoop flasher,ghost trap flashers on backboard(both) I have traced it too node board 8d and just replaced it with a new one and nothing. What is my problem here? I haven't really had to work on a stern before and this thing has me stumped as I checked under the playfield for a loose connector and nothing. I checked the flasher on the scoop to make sure it had the updated covering from stern and it did. Stern is saying possibly 8c node board. Any suggestions are absolutely appreciated.

#10422 2 years ago

Oh boy oh boy

Todays the day !!

New Firehouse Mod and finally wiring up my Ecto one while in there

E5AFCA96-4CCA-4AC7-AA65-1C9BD05B7480 (resized).jpegE5AFCA96-4CCA-4AC7-AA65-1C9BD05B7480 (resized).jpeg
#10423 2 years ago

Just finished up my Ghostbusters with just a few mods, Titan glow rubbers, green and pink glo balls, colored insert ladders, art blades and custom apron cards. Mod possibilities are endless on this machine and so many are awesome!! I will probably go for color dmd as well.

Just wanted to say that the 2 piece plastic set sold by cpr999 went on well. No fitment issues and no additional hardware needed (pro model). Here are a couple pics. Still need to get the machine on legs and test the plastic action out but so far so good!
20220121_164914 (resized).jpg20220121_164914 (resized).jpg20220121_164931 (resized).jpg20220121_164931 (resized).jpg20220121_164941 (resized).jpg20220121_164941 (resized).jpg

#10425 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Oh boy oh boy
Todays the day !!
[quoted image]

Nice! Are you working from a tutorial on that Ecto 1? I’d love to do that mod!

#10426 2 years ago

Oh boy oh boy
Todays the day !!
[quoted image]

Still have not done my Firehouse yet. Hopefully, tomorrow.

#10427 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Nice! Are you working from a tutorial on that Ecto 1? I’d love to do that mod!

I have a mental plan in mind

BUT if you GB owners would like I could document my install

Just lmk

#10428 2 years ago

Just lmk

Please do.

#10429 2 years ago

Just lmk

Yes. That would be valuable information. Thank you!

#10430 2 years ago

I have that same Hallmark Ecto-1, and my interest is piqued on how you successful tinkerers install it to light up. Please do keep us updated.

#10431 2 years ago

I could not be happier with the Pinstadiums for my newly acquired GB pro. I’ve used them for a few games but this is the best- getting the UV to pop that artwork and just lighting it all up. Playing this is in dark room is incredible. A little bit of reflection on Ramps but actually reminds me of proton pack beams So glad to be in the club!

2B5C44E7-CFF6-49BD-A710-D4CEA700E5F7 (resized).jpeg2B5C44E7-CFF6-49BD-A710-D4CEA700E5F7 (resized).jpeg6AB41959-7814-470C-B4D9-B5EB59B1CC83 (resized).jpeg6AB41959-7814-470C-B4D9-B5EB59B1CC83 (resized).jpeg
#10432 2 years ago

Just finally found time to install Swinks Proton Gun mod.

0F1ED4D8-47A0-4170-8239-ED2046FFFF95 (resized).jpeg0F1ED4D8-47A0-4170-8239-ED2046FFFF95 (resized).jpegE4DEB910-BBBE-456F-873B-C6726DBFC5AC (resized).jpegE4DEB910-BBBE-456F-873B-C6726DBFC5AC (resized).jpeg
#10433 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

I could not be happier with the Pinstadiums for my newly acquired GB pro. I’ve used them for a few games but this is the best- getting the UV to pop that artwork and just lighting it all up. Playing this is in dark room is incredible. A little bit of reflection on Ramps but actually reminds me of proton pack beams So glad to be in the club![quoted image][quoted image]

Looks amazing.

#10434 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

[quoted image][quoted image]

thanks for sharing, looks good

#10435 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Wait...so this mod blocks the outlane?

#10436 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

you activate a foot switch, like a ghost trap pedal and when you push the foot switch the proton guns are activated (streams will go pink) to block the outlanes / scare the ghosts. When not activated the ball can still pass down the outlanes.

#10437 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

you activate a foot switch, like a ghost trap pedal and when you push the foot switch the proton guns are activated (streams will go pink) to block the outlanes / scare the ghosts. When not activated the ball can still pass down the outlanes.

PLAY BETTER!! lol

#10438 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Played two games after install didn’t stop one ball!

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

PLAY BETTER!! lol

Guess I have too!

It isn’t easy! I’d compare this mod to BMX Out lane save! But this one is high tech! Still need reaction time!
It’s an awesome mod thanks Swinks for making it!

#10439 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I had my little nieces in from outta town this past weekend and they were so impressed with this mod @swinks. They loved the color choice, the foot pedal, the challenge that it added to the game. It helped them enjoy THEIR game play! They are 7 and 10 and when I turned it off, they were like we don't want to play now because the game is harder.

#10440 2 years ago

harder? lol that is an understatement.
this game is the hardest pin I have ever played.

#10441 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

harder? lol that is an understatement.
this game is the hardest pin I have ever played.

You need a Proton gun mod!

#10442 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I had my little nieces in from outta town this past weekend and they were so impressed with this mod swinks. They loved the color choice, the foot pedal, the challenge that it added to the game. It helped them enjoy THEIR game play! They are 7 and 10 and when I turned it off, they were like we don't want to play now because the game is harder.

it makes a difference with my kids and their friends as well

hopefully you are enjoying as well...

#10443 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Yes. That would be valuable information. Thank you!

Okay folks sounds good

I am waiting on 2 things to arrive in the mail and I’ll record my install and create a DIY for you all to follow

Maybe a video here and there for parts that’s easier to show then explain

If someone can show me how to create a sub subject so it doesn’t get lost in the forum would be helpful as well

#10444 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

You're not crazy, but it's not like he's solely responsible for the game - many people would have worked on it and the end result is the sum of those parts. Where the guy himself is pretty despicable, I don't think less of any the pins he's been involved in - the 3 I have played (I own GB, but played a bit of CFTBL and Congo) are still prettty amazing games.
GB is one of my all time faves and that's never going to change - not just because of the design, but because of Dwights great code (eventually lol), ZY's finest artwork to date (IMO), and the fabulous sound by Jerry Thompson.

I’ve always loved the cabinet artwork on my premium. For whatever reason, I’ve never been crazy about the back glass, though. Too busy IMO. Am I the only one that feels that way?

#10445 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I’ve always loved the cabinet artwork on my premium. For whatever reason, I’ve never been crazy about the back glass, though. Too busy IMO. Am I the only one that feels that way?

I really like the original artwork on the translite, but I also felt it was pretty busy for my taste. I had this one made custom for mine. I like the simplicity of it! I’ll probably rotate back and forth every year.

55865AAC-855B-43AA-8D5F-84A8EC2D069D (resized).jpeg55865AAC-855B-43AA-8D5F-84A8EC2D069D (resized).jpeg
#10446 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I really like the original artwork on the translite, but I also felt it was pretty busy for my taste. I had this one made custom for mine. I like the simplicity of it! I’ll probably rotate back and forth every year. [quoted image]

That is how it should have been done.
That is wayyyyy cooler.
This was emblamatic, one of the best 80s logos ever existed and so poorly used in the theme integration. Clearly the artist had no clue about ghostbusters.

Love this

#10447 2 years ago

I would of LOVED to see this with a video display the DMD display is great and all but man having the clips to tie in with the audio files would of been stellar

#10448 2 years ago

I would of LOVED to see this with a video display the DMD display is great and all but man having the clips to tie in with the audio files would of been stellar

I dunno, I think the dmd gives this game that old timey feel. I prefer dmd rather than old and dated cgi/special effects.
Much more difficult to make a good dmd animation.
But maybe if they get the license again might tie in the new Gb movie.
Dreaming!!

#10449 2 years ago

Custom DOTS are so much better than movie clips.

#10450 2 years ago

Id bet if the machine were to have been made now, we would not have DMD...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 49.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/209?hl=timmmmyboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.