IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 250.
#10351 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Ok I'm sure this has been debated but im throwing it out there again,
The Center Post mod
So many games are designed with it and no one complains about those but adding it to this game (which is absolutely brutal AS IS, and the flipper gap doesnt help) is looked at as cheating and if you have a premium/LE those damn magno-slings will destroy a perfect game by throwing it SDTM.
To me on a Pro it should be left out but Premiums and LEs it really shouldve been part of the design.
Where are we on the center post? I love it on my premium, because it saves me 1 out of 25 times

I have the "hanging" center post and love it! You need to kind play it so makes it that much more fun. People are weird they will bitch that it's cheating yet look at everyone replacing Godzilla multi ball and the roof top so they get the balls on their left flipper? It was designed this way on purpose and you need to get that first one to hit the next two and its a skill that when perfected is quite rewarding. So do as you please and make the game fun cause lots of people talk out of both sides of their ass

#10352 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

The Center Post mod
So many games are designed with it and no one complains about those but adding it to this game (which is absolutely brutal AS IS, and the flipper gap doesnt help) is looked at as cheating and if you have a premium/LE those damn magno-slings will destroy a perfect game by throwing it SDTM.
To me on a Pro it should be left out but Premiums and LEs it really shouldve been part of the design.
Where are we on the center post? I love it on my premium, because it saves me 1 out of 25 times

Why do you feel its needed on the premium but not the pro?

IMO, changing anything from factory to make the game easier is "Cheating".

#10353 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Why do you feel its needed on the premium but not the pro?
IMO, changing anything from factory to make the game easier is "Cheating".

Quoted from mrm_4:

if you have a premium/LE those damn magno-slings will destroy a perfect game by throwing it SDTM.

#10354 2 years ago

Ahhh i see. I actually havent had too much of that issue myself. Literally maybe a game or two this has happened to me for all the years ive owned it.

Lucky me i suppose.

And I do have to make an edit to my statement. Once in a while we do have to mod our machines for the easier. I never wanted to do it, but for my Wonka machine, had to install the cheater post. Left drains were insane!

So I get it... sometimes haha

#10355 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

The Center Post mod

The magma slings haven’t been a problem for me honestly. Plus, I’m in the “do what you want, it’s your game” camp, and for my Prem I went the carrot flipper round last month (owned it for a couple of years) instead of the center post. For me it’s when it comes out of the pops by Gozer and heads SDTM. So the carrot flippers help out enough to where I at least feel I have a shot at saving it. I also don’t feel it messed with shot trajectory as some have said. So I’m happy and sticking with the carrot flippers.

I will also say that even without them, I enjoyed the game. I love the battle and learned a ton more ball control with GB. I still feel I’m battling it even with the carrot flippers compared to some other games, but now I can consistently get further in the story line progress where before the battles could end up feeling empty and like I went nowhere.

White carrot flippers with red titans also looks great in the game

#10356 2 years ago

In the end if it is your game and if you want to add a feature (different rubbers, posts, centre posts, proton guns, foot switch to replace lockdown button etc) to make the game easier and more enjoyable because it allows you to reach stages of the game that your skill set won't allow then it is not cheating rather an enhancement and leads to the game being played more and enjoyed more.

Look at the new Elwin games designed by the world champion - many of us will NEVER complete the game as they are getting so complicated so can get frustrating and leads to some people selling the games as they constantly beat us. So - some people will just keep trying with the factory game, some will enhance their game to aid in improved play and some will sell due to frustration with the game.

I designed and added proton guns to my game and now my kids play the game which is a good thing and their playing skills have improved due to more playing.

Just comes down to perspective - maybe cheating but if it makes the game more enjoyable for the owner then that is all that counts.

That said keep in mind if you ever want to sell your game that some enhancements can be removed and the game returns to factory or some changes could be performed in a permanent fashion like fastening a centre post through the playfield which in turn will ruin the value of your game.

#10357 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ahhh i see. I actually havent had too much of that issue myself. Literally maybe a game or two this has happened to me for all the years ive owned it.
Lucky me i suppose.

As I play the game more and more, I barely even use the center post. As I get better Im hardly ever getting scolleri bros because I dodge the captive ball, I start modes more efficiently, hardly ever get a center drain from the ramp or Gozer. I'd rather leave it on for people that come over to play that arent "players" but I know that adding that post has been synonymous to turning off the tilt, putting it on 10 balls, closing off the outlanes, and having a 4 minute ball save. haha

I know there are just so many games that have it from the factory that are easy games, so I find it puzzling that adding the post on this game carries such a stigma

#10358 2 years ago

I’ve got mods on my Vette to make it more enjoyable to drive. As a kid me and my bro would put the cheat code into contra and TMNT to make playing that game more enjoyable. And now I have the carrot flippers on my GB … any correlation?

#10359 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I’ve got mods on my Vette to make it more enjoyable to drive. As a kid me and my bro would put the cheat code into contra and TMNT to make playing that game more enjoyable. And now I have the carrot flippers on my GB … any correlation?

up up down down left right left right A B A B select start

#10360 2 years ago

This might be a stupid question but I’m asking anyway. On the pro, are you supposed to be able to shoot up the right ramp and have it loop all the way to come back down the left ramp? I shot up the right ramp a ton but it always loses momentum and comes back down. Wasn’t quite sure if that is by design.

#10361 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

This might be a stupid question but I’m asking anyway. On the pro, are you supposed to be able to shoot up the right ramp and have it loop all the way to come back down the left ramp? I shot up the right ramp a ton but it always loses momentum and comes back down. Wasn’t quite sure if that is by design.

Normally no, your playfield pitch may be to low or your flipper strength is set high.

#10362 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

As I play the game more and more, I barely even use the center post. As I get better Im hardly ever getting scolleri bros because I dodge the captive ball, I start modes more efficiently, hardly ever get a center drain from the ramp or Gozer. I'd rather leave it on for people that come over to play that arent "players" but I know that adding that post has been synonymous to turning off the tilt, putting it on 10 balls, closing off the outlanes, and having a 4 minute ball save. haha
I know there are just so many games that have it from the factory that are easy games, so I find it puzzling that adding the post on this game carries such a stigma

I hear ya.

Its funny you say that about people coming over to play.. My brother comes to visit and we play here and there. The first time he played (and he is not a "pinhead" by any means), he says "Yo, wtf is up with the huge gap here in the flippers?"

hahahhaa. laughed and said, you have a good eye, its the #1 complaint for this machine.

#10363 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

no there is a gate at the crest so stops the ball at the top and then rolls back down the ramp

#10364 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I hear ya.
Its funny you say that about people coming over to play.. My brother comes to visit and we play here and there. The first time he played (and he is not a "pinhead" by any means), he says "Yo, wtf is up with the huge gap here in the flippers?"
hahahhaa. laughed and said, you have a good eye, its the #1 complaint for this machine.

all Trudeau games have the same flipper gap, but this one looked worse as the first 6 months of games had the flippers more droopie and then factory started to lift up more

#10365 2 years ago

Still no plans to make those toppers Swinks? Nudge nudge, wink wink.

#10366 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Still no plans to make those toppers Swinks? Nudge nudge, wink wink.

need a big NUDGE NUDGE (s)wink (s)wink

just finishing off Batch 3 of the proton gun mods and if no more orders will get back on to it I hope

#10367 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

no there is a gate at the crest so stops the ball at the top and then rolls back down the ramp

Yep, a gate, check to make sure it is not stuck up or missing.

20220114_151610 (resized).jpg20220114_151610 (resized).jpg

#10368 2 years ago

Thanks for the answers!

#10369 2 years ago

it would be awesome is this game is remade, so I can buy a premium at regular price without paying stupid money. lol
I think this is for now my favourite Spike Stern. I have played pretty much every other game made to date and this one is not the best, but it is not the reason why I am liking it so much, I think it is the combination of old school dmd, with better more modern rules and a hard gameplay...
A revised, modern, LCD version could kick ass though...
DO IT STERN

#10370 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Yep, a gate, check to make sure it is not stuck up or missing.
[quoted image]

One thing as having only played it a number of times on location (Pro) and playing the pinball arcade version virtually (Premium) I was always curious about is, are those incremental switches on the ramp on the "downside" of the gate only there on the Pro / are they there to give different PKE amounts the further up the ball makes it?

#10371 2 years ago

Big shout out to this guy for helping me diagnose my slimmer issue, then explaining to me how to swap stuff to be sure it was the problem. Bad node board!

5D0E8B22-3D6C-4ABB-8413-A3ED96050F9B (resized).jpeg5D0E8B22-3D6C-4ABB-8413-A3ED96050F9B (resized).jpeg
#10372 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

One thing as having only played it a number of times on location (Pro) and playing the pinball arcade version virtually (Premium) I was always curious about is, are those incremental switches on the ramp on the "downside" of the gate only there on the Pro / are they there to give different PKE amounts the further up the ball makes it?

not sure on premium / le but on the Pro the further you go up the higher the PKE awards

#10373 2 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Big shout out to this guy for helping me diagnose my slimmer issue, then explaining to me how to swap stuff to be sure it was the problem. Bad node board![quoted image]

Not bad for an old pinball guy. Lol Always glad to help.

#10374 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

need a big NUDGE NUDGE (s)wink (s)wink
just finishing off Batch 3 of the proton gun mods and if no more orders will get back on to it I hope

What proton gun mods and topper?

#10375 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

it would be awesome is this game is remade, so I can buy a premium at regular price without paying stupid money. lol
I think this is for now my favourite Spike Stern. I have played pretty much every other game made to date and this one is not the best, but it is not the reason why I am liking it so much, I think it is the combination of old school dmd, with better more modern rules and a hard gameplay...
A revised, modern, LCD version could kick ass though...
DO IT STERN

Unfortunately, it will never be remade.

#10376 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Unfortunately, it will never be remade.

Do not count out a vault of this game.. It was a huge seller for Stern. Rumour is GB topper then vault.

#10377 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Do not count out a vault of this game.. It was a huge seller for Stern. Rumour is GB topper then vault.

I have it from reliable sources that stern no longer has the rights to Ghostbusters, and coupled with the tie-in to the game designer John Trudeau who pled guilty to atrocious acts...they are distancing themselves from it.

It has largely gone up in price because it has become known that it will never be vaulted or re-made.

#10378 2 years ago
Quoted from DanTheMan:

What proton gun mods and topper?

Proton Gun Mod - see below
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swinks-gb-proton-guns-mod-development/page/4#post-6556235

Topper - have some ideas and hope to get back to it after the Batch 3 of proton mods

another mod - soon just for the Pro people

#10379 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I have it from reliable sources that stern no longer has the rights to Ghostbusters, and coupled with the tie-in to the game designer John Trudeau who pled guilty to atrocious acts...they are distancing themselves from it.
It has largely gone up in price because it has become known that it will never be vaulted or re-made.

I was not aware of it and not sure how I feel about having a game designed by this person now, makes me feel sick. might be silly to think this way, call me crazy I guess

#10380 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:I was not aware of it and not sure how I feel about having a game designed by this person now, makes me feel sick. might be silly to think this way, call me crazy I guess

yes it bothers some people but many people made up the team to design and build the game - art, code, sounds, dots, layout, rules

some people initially sold off games that he designed but after a period they buy new games by the same designer

it is a personal thing so do what feels comfortable.

#10381 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

it is a personal thing so do what feels comfortable.

I will gladly take it off Fandango’s hands to atone for this atrocity. I’ll pay for shipping from CA, plus a small fee if it will make him feel at ease with society.

=D

#10382 2 years ago

I was not aware of it and not sure how I feel about having a game designed by this person now, makes me feel sick. might be silly to think this way, call me crazy I guess

You're not crazy, but it's not like he's solely responsible for the game - many people would have worked on it and the end result is the sum of those parts. Where the guy himself is pretty despicable, I don't think less of any the pins he's been involved in - the 3 I have played (I own GB, but played a bit of CFTBL and Congo) are still prettty amazing games.

GB is one of my all time faves and that's never going to change - not just because of the design, but because of Dwights great code (eventually lol), ZY's finest artwork to date (IMO), and the fabulous sound by Jerry Thompson.

#10383 2 years ago

Ghostbusters is as Ghostbusters does

#10384 2 years ago

Ghostbusters should really be a top 5 game imo. Honestly who cares what a designer did in his personal life. Should have no impact at all in someone’s decision to grab the title. More then one person contributed to the pin. Premium over Pro any day of the week. The center post is for sucks. Play better

#10385 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

GB is one of my all time faves and that's never going to change - not just because of the design, but because of Dwights great code (eventually lol), ZY's finest artwork to date (IMO), and the fabulous sound by Jerry Thompson.

If I could triple bold and highlight the “eventually” I would. Getting my Prem NIB in 2016, we waited some years to get that last code drop and the fun factor exponentially multiplied! If only Stern had Dwight code all his games 3 years ahead of a game’s release, when we buy games with him on board, we wouldn’t spend years hounding for updates.

Add to your list of reasons:
Ernie Hudson
DMD animations

#10386 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Ghostbusters should really be a top 5 game imo.

I really like the game. But isn’t scoring still a bit awkward, both with the multiplier skill shot & really ushering you thru the right orbit modes to Stay Puft over the other modes? I don’t think I’d mind too much as a home owner / still want one if I could find one at a not-crazy price.

#10387 2 years ago

Lately I’ve been trying to walk through the modes in order.
Scoop scenes
WCWS
Ramp scenes
WCWS
Orbit scenes
WRTBY
Anyone find that a certain path or strategy gets you through the progress better?

#10388 2 years ago

Just joined club with a Pro but great upgrades (movie code, color DMD, shaker etc) but will add some mods. Wow i love it- i usually think oh this is like the shit from X or this is like shot from Y- but a lot of unique shots (at least for the 2.0 or so I’ve owned previously). I’m sure I can look through here and find opinions but any advice on lighting upgrades? I just held black lights above it and nearly fell over from the utter beauty of that playfield all lit up. Are pinstadiums best here with backlight option? Any other must have additions (I know subjective and again I’ll read through posts but I’m impatient!). Thanks all

#10389 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Ghostbusters should really be a top 5 game imo. Honestly who cares what a designer did in his personal life. Should have no impact at all in someone’s decision to grab the title. More then one person contributed to the pin. Premium over Pro any day of the week. The center post is for sucks. Play better

It is absolutely top 5.

When the code was updated, the price skyrocketed.

#10390 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I really like the game. But isn’t scoring still a bit awkward, both with the multiplier skill shot & really ushering you thru the right orbit modes to Stay Puft over the other modes? I don’t think I’d mind too much as a home owner / still want one if I could find one at a not-crazy price.

It's been balanced a little with the last code drop - but I'd still agree the scoring is somewhat awkward, and you can still get a 4 billion point game without being totally sure how you did it (it's usually due to multiball or mode + 6x multipliers yes). Other times you have a killer game, get through lots of MBs, modes etc and barely crack a billion.

It's just ties in with how this game is though - definitely more chaotic rather than slow/methodical.

#10391 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

It's been balanced a little with the last code drop - but I'd still agree the scoring is somewhat awkward, and you can still get a 4 billion point game without being totally sure how you did it (it's usually due to multiball or mode + 6x multipliers yes). Other times you have a killer game, get through lots of MBs, modes etc and barely crack a billion.
It's just ties in with how this game is though - definitely more chaotic rather than slow/methodical.

At home my mindset is kinda more beating modes and game progress so it wouldn’t bug me too much. On location if I’m trying to put initials on a board I’d probably hyper-focus on multipliers skill shot & right orbit. (At least right orbit is a good-feeling shot). It might keep me from objectively saying it’s a top 5, and I can understand why some folks don’t like it much I guess. It’s still a great theme fit & theme application for me, great art, and pretty good on shot feel.

#10392 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Lately I’ve been trying to walk through the modes in order.
Scoop scenes
WCWS
Ramp scenes
WCWS
Orbit scenes
WRTBY
Anyone find that a certain path or strategy gets you through the progress better?

I was going to ask something similar. I tend to be a completionist over high score. I want to see all the modes and a wizard mode. My sale fell through so I really want to get this game working 100% and really learn it.

#10394 2 years ago
3B580E05-F900-4449-83C9-61D73C4AF573 (resized).png3B580E05-F900-4449-83C9-61D73C4AF573 (resized).png
#10395 2 years ago

Sculpture measures 4" H; 10.2 cm H; base measures 7-1/2" W x 7-1/2" L x 4-1/2" D; 19.1 cm W x 19.1 cm L x 11.4 cm D

Looks pretty cool. I wish they could make it a little bigger.

#10396 2 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Why does your playfield look so Great? Mine after about 100 plays looked like the Moon...Still Love it though!

Because out of those 500 games, probably 450 of them were little kids that played for about a minute and then decided San Francisco Rush looked more fun in my game room.

#10397 2 years ago
Quoted from bobloblaw:

Because out of those 500 games, probably 450 of them were little kids that played for about a minute and then decided San Francisco Rush looked more fun in my game room.

Lol

#10398 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Just joined club with a Pro but great upgrades (movie code, color DMD, shaker etc) but will add some mods. Wow i love it- i usually think oh this is like the shit from X or this is like shot from Y- but a lot of unique shots (at least for the 2.0 or so I’ve owned previously). I’m sure I can look through here and find opinions but any advice on lighting upgrades? I just held black lights above it and nearly fell over from the utter beauty of that playfield all lit up. Are pinstadiums best here with backlight option? Any other must have additions (I know subjective and again I’ll read through posts but I’m impatient!). Thanks all

I just got a pro and it is becoming a fav of mine…
Movie code??? I am curious

Also, I know someone is colourizing the animations for pin2dmd, I think he is about 80% done.
I am also building pin2dmd screens, if anybody here wants to colourize their gb with pin2dmd for about 1/2 the costs.
I just put one in my IJ.

#10399 2 years ago

I just got a pro and it is becoming a fav of mine…
Movie code??? I am curious
Also, I know someone is colourizing the animations for pin2dmd, I think he is about 80% done.
I am also building pin2dmd screens, if anybody here wants to colourize their gb with pin2dmd for about 1/2 the costs.
I just put one in my IJ.

Please tell me about this?

#10400 2 years ago

Friend of mine went through the game recently and added in all the movie music. Check out post #10231 for details.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/205#post-6677006

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

15,699 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 103.00
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/208?hl=thebeefsupreme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.