B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 250.
#10301 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Any pro under $7k seems to be moving within seconds and that would be a fantastic price. Listed above $8k and they may waiting for the right buyer.

Just curious: do buyers nowadays tend to scrutinize GB playfields for ghosted inserts? It was such a huge issue a few years ago but now no one seems to mention it. Maybe the new buyers aren’t aware of it…or just don’t care.

#10302 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Just curious: do buyers nowadays tend to scrutinize GB playfields for ghosted inserts? It was such a huge issue a few years ago but now no one seems to mention it. Maybe the new buyers aren’t aware of it…or just don’t care.

Flaws are part of the game and for me personally, I am not dwelling on something that does not effect my game play. It is like a scar, gives a game some character. My 2 cents, now play pinball wooooo

#10303 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Crazy, I picked mine up last September 2021 for $5800 with nice add-ons. I guess I was lucky.

Prices in the second hand market pretty much jumped in tandem with sterns price increase on 1/1

#10304 2 years ago

I just picked up a Pro last week in mint condition and although would say the rule set is not the deepest, I enjoy the sounds and callouts. Not sure how long this one will stay in my collection but I will enjoy it for now.
Game was brutal on my first 1 hour playing it, then I started to get the hang of the shots and how to work the flippers. Not an easy game and quite punishing, I have no idea idea how but managed this score last night, which in hindsight does not seem like a lot but it was not easy to get there.

The game plays perfect, only 400 plays on this example, previous owner never really care to play it...

Anything I should look for on these? The fan is really bad on this Spike 1 systems, will definitely take care of that in the future. Wondering if the power unit of a Spike 2 would fit these or simply replace the fan like I do in all my Spike II.

Also hate the Pro does not have proper service stand offs, makes it incredible difficult to move the PF on and off the rails - can't be slid gently -.
Can the regular stand offs be added?

Other than that, looks like a fun game! will put more games later tonight.

IMG_7027 (resized).jpegIMG_7027 (resized).jpeg
#10305 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Prices in the second hand market pretty much jumped in tandem with sterns price increase on 1/1

I know, It stinks. We all saw it coming like a smack to the face.

#10306 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I just picked up a Pro last week in mint condition and although would say the rule set is not the deepest, I enjoy the sounds and callouts. Not sure how long this one will stay in my collection but I will enjoy it for now.
Game was brutal on my first 1 hour playing it, then I started to get the hang of the shots and how to work the flippers. Not an easy game and quite punishing, I have no idea idea how but managed this score last night, which in hindsight does not seem like a lot but it was not easy to get there.
The game plays perfect, only 400 plays on this example, previous owner never really care to play it...
Anything I should look for on these? The fan is really bad on this Spike 1 systems, will definitely take care of that in the future. Wondering if the power unit of a Spike 2 would fit these or simply replace the fan like I do in all my Spike II.
Also hate the Pro does not have proper service stand offs, makes it incredible difficult to move the PF on and off the rails - can't be slid gently -.
[quoted image]

I changed my PF standoffs immediately to Pinballlifes kit, makes life so much better.

#10307 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Check if you're running the current code if the previous owner claimed the play count is correct then its running old code. We didn't get lifetime plays on this machine until September of 19. Glad you're enjoying it so far it keeps you coming back that's for sure!

#10308 2 years ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Check if you're running the current code if the previous owner claimed the play count is correct then its running old code. We didn't get lifetime plays on this machine until September of 19. Glad you're enjoying it so far it keeps you coming back that's for sure!

Code was updated before me, just by looking at the pf and the suspected dimples, the game has very low plays. Even if it was reset before. I always buy nib so I typically know these things well.
It takes about 1000 games for a game to be somewhat dimpled and this one is barely.

Gotta deal with the the flyers on this game…
Love the music and the callouts. Not sure it is a keeper for me but it is fun.

#10309 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I know, It stinks. We all saw it coming like a smack to the face.

Its crazy to think that 3-4 years ago, seemingly lots of people were dumping this game. I had a pro in 2017 and sold it to upgrade to a LE. Now I see what people are asking for LE and its insane. I got lucky and got a LE with low plays and a few mods and topper. I sometimes think I should just move my GB along, but then I wouldn't have a GB....I have loved this game since it game out. I love a challenging game, Plus I was always a fan of Ghostbuster movies, except for the 2016 reboot movie. Although I don't play it much, I think it's one of those games that will live in my game room until I die.

#10310 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I changed my PF standoffs immediately to Pinballlifes kit, makes life so much better.

not sure what you are referring to here, could you point me in the right direction and why did you change it?

#10311 2 years ago

not sure what you are referring to here, could you point me in the right direction and why did you change it?
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"14b09af50615d415b71e836702ce23dd0a9cda08-1641835482-1800"};
//]]>

This is what I am referring to:

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html

I changed from the black pegs because they were awkward, made it difficult to only have one position to set playfield on lockbar, plus you hit your head in the pegs.

#10312 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

This is what I am referring to:
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html
I changed from the black pegs because they were awkward, made it difficult to only have one position to set playfield on lockbar, plus you hit your head in the pegs.

oh yes, thanks so much, yes, this is a must...
Question about the installation:
I presume these (or any other version) will not fit any existing holes correct?

#10313 2 years ago

oh yes, thanks so much, yes, this is a must...
Question about the installation:
I presume these (or any other version) will not fit any existing holes correct?

Was an easy installation. All the holes are there for existing holes. Some Holes are just dimpled and all you have to do is drill a little bit, just don't drill all the way thru the playfield. Took about 15 minutes to install.

#10314 2 years ago

thank you, will definitely add this to the game.
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

#10315 2 years ago

thank you, will definitely add this to the game.
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

Sure thing. If you need anything else inbox me.

#10316 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

And that is when you are in the specific test mode for slimer? Screen shows 33 34 and 68?

The switch 34 comes up failed in test mode cause the motor never moves. When I hook up a 9volt it rolls the switches and the turn off and on. There’s a issue before the driver board to tell the motor to turn on. My guess is a spike board issue

#10317 2 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

The switch 34 comes up failed in test mode cause the motor never moves. When I hook up a 9volt it rolls the switches and the turn off and on. There’s a issue before the driver board to tell the motor to turn on. My guess is a spike board issue

Did you change the driver board?? Those tend to be faulty mine went out on my premium and order a new one with no issues After that.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#10318 2 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Nope, bad switches. You can manually depress the switches while in that switch test and I guarantee when you hit the black button(s), slimer will go up or down, will drop an error. I just had this happen on my game last month. I replaced both switches and issue went away. It is not a board error. Those switches are gonna fail eventually. Grab a helper and try it. If you need more info, I will take a video of how to trouble shoot it.

20211028_185535 (resized).jpg20211028_185535 (resized).jpg20211108_165121 (resized).jpg20211108_165121 (resized).jpg
#10319 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Did you change the driver board?? Those tend to be faulty mine went out on my premium and order a new one with no issues After that. [quoted image]

The board is usually the last thing to go. Switches are the 1st, unless the game is fairly new, then I would say yes to the boards

#10320 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

The board is usually the last thing to go. Switches are the 1st, unless the game is fairly new, then I would say yes to the boards

Correct, mine was the board. I swap the switch and no cigar so I went with plan B..
I had a premium not sure if it matters

#10321 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Correct, mine was the board. I swap the switch and no cigar so I went with plan B..
I had a premium not sure if it matters

These 2 switches you always change at the same time. Never change one and leave the other.

#10322 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Did you change the driver board?? Those tend to be faulty mine went out on my premium and order a new one with no issues After that. [quoted image]

I don’t have a green light lit up on mine. I replaced the board with a new one

269DE765-D3A8-4D10-9D98-7DC6A389CE3E (resized).jpeg269DE765-D3A8-4D10-9D98-7DC6A389CE3E (resized).jpeg
#10323 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Nope, bad switches. You can manually depress the switches while in that switch test and I guarantee when you hit the black button(s), slimer will go up or down, will drop an error. I just had this happen on my game last month. I replaced both switches and issue went away. It is not a board error. Those switches are gonna fail eventually. Grab a helper and try it. If you need more info, I will take a video of how to trouble shoot it.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nope switches work fine when pressed. When I put it in test the motor doesn’t move to mark them off and on. If I rotate it by hand they turn off in on. And I don’t have a switch 68 in my test?

692B11F4-76AE-413D-A50B-F3AE3D43FB30 (resized).jpeg692B11F4-76AE-413D-A50B-F3AE3D43FB30 (resized).jpegBBA78F16-A698-4D6D-B85C-2BFF1AB650F1 (resized).jpegBBA78F16-A698-4D6D-B85C-2BFF1AB650F1 (resized).jpegCD9F9B85-B19F-49B9-9F93-BA0486284C94 (resized).jpegCD9F9B85-B19F-49B9-9F93-BA0486284C94 (resized).jpeg
#10324 2 years ago

Had a bit of a love hate at the beginning with this game, that flipper gap is brutal but after a little adjustment in my flipper game I have to say this game is a blast!
I really love the music and the call outs and the modes are just simply fun. The game isn't the best shooter, when compared to other more modern games but it is not too bad. All that to say, I am liking it a little more everyday and I am enjoying it. Those outlanes though...geeeeeee...

Anyway, mine is a pro and plays really well, I really wish I could play a Premium because I feel this game might be a premium type of game... I have an Elvira I might use to get a nice premium but not sure if it is worth it. I did find the other thread - it is old - and people tend to lean towards the premium and I can see why (just guessing). Are the ecto goggles really a cool toy or just a silly gimmick? I am mostly curious about the extra ramp and how the game feels with it.
anyway, this game might just become a keeper for me. The callouts and the voices of the actors just reminded me also how much I used to watch this movie as a kid although I never really cared for it because a lot of the jokes were not for kids, some sexual innuendo and what not, just not a kids movie really even though it was marketed as one. lol

This is a good brutal game - really is and I like how different it is from everything else out there.

Should I try to find a premium?

#10325 2 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I don’t have a green light lit up on mine. I replaced the board with a new one
[quoted image]

Does it work now when u change the board?

#10326 2 years ago

Had a bit of a love hate at the beginning with this game, that flipper gap is brutal but after a little adjustment in my flipper game I have to say this game is a blast!
I really love the music and the call outs and the modes are just simply fun. The game isn't the best shooter, when compared to other more modern games but it is not too bad. All that to say, I am liking it a little more everyday and I am enjoying it. Those outlanes though...geeeeeee...
Anyway, mine is a pro and plays really well, I really wish I could play a Premium because I feel this game might be a premium type of game... I have an Elvira I might use to get a nice premium but not sure if it is worth it. I did find the other thread - it is old - and people tend to lean towards the premium and I can see why (just guessing). Are the ecto goggles really a cool toy or just a silly gimmick? I am mostly curious about the extra ramp and how the game feels with it.
anyway, this game might just become a keeper for me. The callouts and the voices of the actors just reminded me also how much I used to watch this movie as a kid although I never really cared for it because a lot of the jokes were not for kids, some sexual innuendo and what not, just not a kids movie really even though it was marketed as one. lol
This is a good brutal game - really is and I like how different it is from everything else out there.

I’ve had my pro since new
I’ve played several LE’s. That were owned by my buddies and prefer the pro, and by the way I still own my pro they all sold their LE’s

#10327 2 years ago

Ive had both and currently have an LE. I prefer the premium over the pro. The subway shot under the playfield is awesome and satisfying. I prefer the magna slings. They are so unpredictable.

#10328 2 years ago

Moving Slimer
Magna slings
Subway
Right ramp (with shorter post installed)
Storage facility lock

Those are the reasons for the Premium. I’ve played a Pro and it seems a bit faster, but I felt it was watered down compared to the Premium. The Ecto goggles are cool to look at for the same few images displayed, but it’s not a major factoring difference and is way underutilized.

#10329 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Moving Slimer
Magna slings
Subway
Right ramp (with shorter post installed)
Storage facility lock
Those are the reasons for the Premium. I’ve played a Pro and it seems a bit faster, but I felt it was watered down compared to the Premium. The Ecto goggles are cool to look at for the same few images displayed, but it’s not a major factoring difference and is way underutilized.

Thanks for listing those, I know what the differences are now, I am curious is more about thr gameplay than the extra toys…
Which one plays better.
For example, some times a game plays beteer in the loaded version but sometimes it does not.
For example, aiq, I hated my premium but I enjoy my friends pro although I still dont like yhr game, the pro plays better.

The only “upgrade” i care are the ramps and I am wondering how much of a gameplay difference that generates.
I do like the flow of the pro, it is really fast and vicious.
But in thr back of my head I was wondering what the prem ramps feel like.
Do not care about the magnets or the moving toy - Prefer how slimer moves in the pro tbh -
Virtual locks vs physical for the mb, wondering how much of a slow down that is?
I am certainly unsure but the pro is growing on me.

#10330 2 years ago

Thanks for listing those, I know what the differences are now, I am curious is more about thr gameplay than the extra toys…
Which one plays better.
For example, some times a game plays beteer in the loaded version but sometimes it does not.
For example, aiq, I hated my premium but I enjoy my friends pro although I still dont like yhr game, the pro plays better.
The only “upgrade” i care are the ramps and I am wondering how much of a gameplay difference that generates.
Do not care about the magnets or the moving toy - Prefer how slimer moves in the pro tbh -
Virtual locks vs physical for the mb, wondering how much of a slow down that is?

I’ve owned my PRO for now going on 3yr in March and it has not lost 1 ounce of staying power in my collection

I have played a Prem and just say the upgrades were indeed cooler but in the end -
You have the same rules / achievements to tackle

If a Prem came up I’d possibly consider it but already modded mine and made it my own

For a pro GB I feel it’s well packed full of toys and features compared to other Sterns that offers Pro/Prem features

Just my 0.02

#10331 2 years ago

Which one plays better.

I’m a Prem owner, so I may be a little biased. So there is that.

The ramps on the Prem can feel like butter as you start ripping loops. Since I’ve installed the lower hex post on the right ramp, I’ve been able to hit it 3-5 times consecutively in a row, building up that PKE, and especially nice when I lit it as a skill shot!

Don’t discount the magna slings and their novelty. The randomness they add completely adds to the fun factor. I could do without some of the other Prem vs Pro differences, but the slings are the #1 reason to upgrade. Every once in a while they’ll bust your ass with a SDTM drop, but the tricks and flips add to the theme integration. They’re what makes busting ghosts feel good!

#10332 2 years ago

The ramps on the pro are much easier to hit in my opinion. I played a pro at the local arcade and got 14 loopin supers on my first game. The most I can get on my premium are about 3-4.

The upgrades are totally worth it to me though. The magna slings are so much fun.

#10333 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

The ramps on the Prem can feel like butter as you start ripping loops. Since I’ve installed the lower hex post on the right ramp, I’ve been able to hit it 3-5 times consecutively in a row, building up that PKE, and especially nice when I lit it as a skill shot!
Don’t discount the magna slings and their novelty. The randomness they add completely adds to the fun factor. I could do without some of the other Prem vs Pro differences, but the slings are the #1 reason to upgrade. Every once in a while they’ll bust your ass with a SDTM drop, but the tricks and flips add to the theme integration. They’re what makes busting ghosts feel good!

Do you have a link to the lower hex post fix?
Did some thread searching and looks like Marco is still out.

#10334 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

My favorite part of this game (magnaslings)!

#10336 2 years ago

^Thanks

#10337 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Do you have a link to the lower hex post fix?
Did some thread searching and looks like Marco is still out.

Fix or cheat? hahaha

#10338 2 years ago

Which one plays better.

Might be late to adding my .02 on this one but I owned a pro for 3 years. This being my dream theme and loving the code and how it plays I got a chance to get a premium 6 months or so ago right before pricing went crazy on it. I must say in my opinion that was the best pinball decision i have made. I love all the upgrades the prem/le have to offer. It took my already favorite game and turned it up to 11!!! Sterns best most under appreciated game.

#10339 2 years ago

Just fyi i hope to list my premium for sale in the pinside market tomorrow or Saturday located in Nashville, tn. No mods, @ 500 plays, documented home use only and I’m the original owner. Very nice machine, just running out of room.

C01AE8F8-6813-47BA-8985-343181787B2F (resized).jpegC01AE8F8-6813-47BA-8985-343181787B2F (resized).jpeg
#10340 2 years ago
Quoted from bobloblaw:

Just fyi i hope to list my premium for sale in the pinside market tomorrow or Saturday located in Nashville, tn. No mods, @ 500 plays, documented home use only and I’m the original owner. Very nice machine, just running out of room.
[quoted image]

Yeah really loving the code and the callouts.
I will be searching for a premium in my area, will most likely use my Ehoh as trade.
Haha see if that opens up a few doors.
What are the prems going for these days?

#10341 2 years ago

What are the prems going for these days?

I’ve got a premium listed to see if any interesting trades are offered. A handful of trade offers have put a relative value around $11k+ while I’ve also received cash offers anywhere from $9k to nearly $12k. I just have sellers anxiety on this one and really only want to part on a trade offer I can’t refuse, or a good trade down with ample cash. In the past month or so it seems any premium listed at $12k has moved quickly, but who knows actual price or trade made.

#10342 2 years ago

Yep, i may be willing to take $11k for an easy local cash deal just to make it quick. Seems like $12k is the going rate lately for a premium.

#10343 2 years ago

Amazing. I am not sure sure I want to pay that much for one. I’d just buy a new prem for less, no disrespect fellas’, I do own other games that went up in price but would never pay ehat they go for now, IJ, Ehoh, etc
Crazy times!

#10344 2 years ago

Amazing. I am not sure sure I want to pay that much for one. I’d just buy a new prem for less

I agree. I wouldn’t pay that and didn’t! And that’s actually why I have mine listed. Because if that’s what it’s going for, I’d rather cash out and down trade. But I also don’t have a terribly hard time holding, because let’s be honest, this theme and game is pretty damn sweet and a little different than the typical modern stern gameplay where you could have three different games…but they all kind of feel the same as each other. But the market only takes one willing buyer.

#10345 2 years ago

Amazing. I am not sure sure I want to pay that much for one. I’d just buy a new prem for less, no disrespect fellas’, I do own other games that went up in price but would never pay ehat they go for now, IJ, Ehoh, etc
Crazy times!

New premiums are for sale? Or do you mean of a different game perhaps..

#10346 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

New premiums are for sale? Or do you mean of a different game perhaps..

Diff game. New prem is 9k

#10347 2 years ago

Diff game. New prem is 9k

figured as much... i know. prices are crazy!

#10348 2 years ago

Ok I'm sure this has been debated but im throwing it out there again,

The Center Post mod

So many games are designed with it and no one complains about those but adding it to this game (which is absolutely brutal AS IS, and the flipper gap doesnt help) is looked at as cheating and if you have a premium/LE those damn magno-slings will destroy a perfect game by throwing it SDTM.

To me on a Pro it should be left out but Premiums and LEs it really shouldve been part of the design.

Where are we on the center post? I love it on my premium, because it saves me 1 out of 25 times

#10349 2 years ago

I just accept my ass kickings. Makes it all the more satisfying when you blow the game up.

#10350 2 years ago
Quoted from bobloblaw:

[quoted image]

Why does your playfield look so Great? Mine after about 100 plays looked like the Moon...Still Love it though!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/207 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.