B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 250.
#10251 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Agree on Pinmonks filters - nice option!
Of course cliffys imho are a must.

What is a light filter bracket? I need to look this up!

#10252 2 years ago

Ok Pinsiders,
I am going all out and marking these down to clearance them out. They will NO longer be for sale after this - don’t ask! (Retiring them after 14 runs). They are made from Pet-g plastic nearly indestructible.

(Normally 1 protector for $20, both for $30 plus shipping).

CLEARANCE price until gone: $7 for 1, $10 for both protectors plus shipping.

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “One for $20 (both for $30). Made from nearly unbreakable PET-G plastic. 1. Airball protector, Left ramp - see below. 2. Right Orbit protector - see below. (see instructions bel...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 2451 times

#10253 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

What is a light filter bracket? I need to look this up!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/all

look at GB items for sale.

#10254 2 years ago

The brackets are nice quite an expensive upgrade. I just used colored filters underneat and taped them to the playfield. Looks very good! I do this with all my machines where I want some color in the inserts. ColorDMD is a must, as is a solution for the flippers, can be a middle post or longer flippers. I used longer flippers and love my machine since. Super strong shots and great to play.

#10255 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

The brackets are nice quite an expensive upgrade. I just used colored filters underneat and taped them to the playfield. Looks very good! I do this with all my machines where I want some color in the inserts. ColorDMD is a must, as is a solution for the flippers, can be a middle post or longer flippers. I used longer flippers and love my machine since. Super strong shots and great to play.

Yeah, although cool, those looked super pricey! Where do you get your filters?

#10256 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

This pinsider also makes filters, can reach out to him as well, see what he charges. Does really cool mods as well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wolffcubs-ghostbusters-firehouse-city-library-trap-pke-mods

#10257 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

This pinsider also makes filters, can reach out to him as well, see what he charges. Does really cool mods as well.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wolffcubs-ghostbusters-firehouse-city-library-trap-pke-mods

Nice! I’ve got my firehouse paid for and waiting for it to arrive! I didn’t know he did filters too, I’ll reach out!

#10258 2 years ago

Thanks everyone! Lots of Awesome suggestions. I'm going to experiment with some homemade filters and see if I can do the home remedy version lol. I will report back. I also forgot that I had the ecto-1 and 1A hot wheels diecast set I purchased years ago at a Comic-Con. Anyone stick these on their machine and if so where? Would you use one or both?

20211228_180829 (resized).jpg20211228_180829 (resized).jpg
#10259 2 years ago

I designed a custom bracket to incorporate the playfield spirit level on the shooter lane like they are going out on a job.

more photos here:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/GJCZUKYW2/pinball-ghostbusters-ecto-car-mount?optionId=65834940&li=marketplace

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksgb&sort=newest

Universal - Hotwheels Car Mount (resized).jpgUniversal - Hotwheels Car Mount (resized).jpg
#10260 2 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Thanks everyone! Lots of Awesome suggestions. I'm going to experiment with some homemade filters and see if I can do the home remedy version lol. I will report back. I also forgot that I had the ecto-1 and 1A hot wheels diecast set I purchased years ago at a Comic-Con. Anyone stick these on their machine and if so where? Would you use one or both?
[quoted image]

I put mine on the airball protector plastic right in front of the fire station.

#10261 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Well I am in Europe so here is a european site. But guess you can find these anywhere in the world. Lee Filters.

https://www.thomann.de/nl/lee_farbfolien_katalog.htm?glp=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAq7COBhC2ARIsANsPATHyweSkKGMAtamHiYYIB99GjncDnuuM8XzRZMPazGM0DqhTkYJjCIYaAs8lEALw_wcB

#10262 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

The mod I sell is the LIGHT BAFFLE KIT for under the playfield. They eliminate the light bleed from adjacent near inserts so you get a much more crisp look when they are on. On my own machine I just sandwiched the colour lens of my choice between my light baffle kit and the playfield underside and it works great. I sell specifically designed baffle kits for a few different machines.

Pin Monk offers a kits specifically for changing the colour of the ladder inserts only for this GB machine.

#10263 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

The mod I sell is the LIGHT BAFFLE KIT for under the playfield. They eliminate the light bleed from adjacent near inserts so you get a much more crisp look when they are on. On my own machine I just sandwiched the colour lens of my choice between my light baffle kit and the playfield underside and it works great. I sell specifically designed baffle kits for a few different machines.
Pin Monk offers a kits specifically for changing the colour of the ladder inserts only for this GB machine.

Thanks for clearing that up. Thumbs up!

#10264 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I put mine on the airball protector plastic right in front of the fire station.

Same here…parked in the reserved spot.

70D0274A-9C4E-43F5-B5DD-51E2EF88EE86 (resized).jpeg70D0274A-9C4E-43F5-B5DD-51E2EF88EE86 (resized).jpeg
#10265 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Same here…parked in the reserved spot.
[quoted image]

Nice where did you find the parking sign for the fire house

Still awaiting mine

Once in place I am going to wire up a
Hallmark Ecto-1

#10266 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Still awaiting mine
Hallmark Ecto-1

Cointaker

#10267 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Still awaiting mine
Hallmark Ecto-1

Yep, still waiting to be invoiced for mine. I was in the 20’s.

#10268 2 years ago

Introducing my new 3D Ghostbusters flipper toppers. Please PM me if interested in purchasing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/127222

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10269 2 years ago

Just joined this awesome club today.

20220102_173150 (resized).jpg20220102_173150 (resized).jpg20220102_173152 (resized).jpg20220102_173152 (resized).jpg
#10270 2 years ago

WE GOT ONE!!!!!!!!

#10271 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Woo hoo!!!! Welcome - what an awesome machine you now have. Prepare to keep it forever!

#10272 2 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

Hope you enjoy it!!

#10273 2 years ago

Days later, still in awe having a ColorDMD installed on this machine. I always thought the dot animations were top notch, and now in color, hot damn!

#10274 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Introducing my new 3D Ghostbusters flipper toppers. Please PM me if interested in purchasing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/127222
[quoted image]

A quick once over with a torch lighter takes care of all those strings

#10275 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Days later, still in awe having a ColorDMD installed on this machine. I always thought the dot animations were top notch, and now in color, hot damn!

Which setting do you have it on? I think dots XL looks the best but could be persuaded otherwise.

#10276 2 years ago

Yeah LCD Color Display in this game is simply awesome!

#10277 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Which setting do you have it on? I think dots XL looks the best but could be persuaded otherwise.

I also went DOTS XL. Hi-res looked a bit blurred/ smudged to me. Colordmd such a great upgrade over the plain red...

#10278 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

I also went DOTS XL. Hi-res looked a bit blurred/ smudged to me. Colordmd such a great upgrade over the plain red...

I definitely need to get a color dmd! It's on my wish list

#10279 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I have tried them all and actually settled on the squares. Just something a little different than the Dots XL I have set up on my others.

#10280 2 years ago

That's why I go for LED, not LCD. Visually works much better IMHO (and you even save a few bucks).

#10281 2 years ago

I initially had my cDMD LCD set on scan and I dug it. After reading some comments in here, switched over to DotXL. Still kind of undecided on which to settle on, but nice knowing I have options, and either is a major upgrade over default red!

#10282 2 years ago

I installed my colourdmd yesterday and its set to the dotxl. I think its perfect, im not a fan of the scan setting at all for this game. I even changed my tron from scan to dotxl and like it more.

#10283 2 years ago

I have all my ColorDMDs set to HiRes - I think because when I had my first machine with color DMD, it came with that setting on, and I actually had no idea you could change it. I got so used to that look (and I really was blown away by having a color screen in a B/W), anything else seems a bit strange now.

Regardless of what setting you prefer, it really is the best mod you can put in a DMD, and totally worth the cost involved. I have them in GB, XMen and ST and the improvement in the display/animations is just phenomenal.

#10284 2 years ago

DOTSXL is best in my opinion because it keeps the nostalgic dots but in color!
The LED display does not look good. My GB came with a LED and the colors were horrible, blurry and the LED dots are such small pinpoint of light. Compare them side by side, the LCD always wins. LED is only good when it’s the only option that will fit, such as Cirqus Voltaire, etc.

#10285 2 years ago

Tired of watching glue dry on the firehouse units so i made this to possibly help others looking at the ColorDMD LCD unit.

#10286 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Tired of watching glue dry on the firehouse units so i made this to possibly help others looking at the ColorDMD LCD unit.

Thanks for doing this!!!

#10287 2 years ago

Looks like dots or dot xl is the way to go with the lcd on GB. I’ve had mine on scan for the past couple years. I’m going to switch to dots! Thanks!

#10288 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Nice vid thanks!

#10289 2 years ago

Anyone have one of these they’d sell? Please PM me if so. Thanks FD22B6E9-34C7-4B0D-998C-10F62B9DD7CB (resized).jpegFD22B6E9-34C7-4B0D-998C-10F62B9DD7CB (resized).jpeg

#10290 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Anyone have one of these they’d sell? Please PM me if so. Thanks

There is always this option:
https://superskillshot.com/products/ghostbuster-shooter-rod?_pos=2&_sid=e903886ce&_ss=r

#10291 2 years ago

I have a Flasher issue on my Ghostbusters pro. My PKE lights are out all 3 of them. And my gozer flasher(both), the firehouse,spinner,the center flasher in between the pop numbers,left scoop flasher,ghost trap flashers on backboard(both) I have traced it too node board 8d and just replaced it with a new one and nothing. What is my problem here? I haven't really had to work on a stern before and this thing has me stumped as I checked under the playfield for a loose connector and nothing. I checked the flasher on the scoop to make sure it had the updated covering from stern and it did.

#10292 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Anyone have one of these they’d sell? Please PM me if so. Thanks [quoted image]

I gave up trying, those are unobtainium at this point. You would need to convince someone to pull it off of their machine, which many have failed to do. It was easier for me to get the topper if you can believe that. I went with a different option from modfather pinball which looks cool on GB

https://modfatherpinball.com/products/glow-in-the-dark-shooter-rod-blue?_pos=2&_sid=323ff8d9c&_ss=r

#10293 2 years ago

I have a Flasher issue on my Ghostbusters pro. My PKE lights are out all 3 of them. And my gozer flasher(both), the firehouse,spinner,the center flasher in between the pop numbers,left scoop flasher,ghost trap flashers on backboard(both) I have traced it too node board 8d and just replaced it with a new one and nothing. What is my problem here? I haven't really had to work on a stern before and this thing has me stumped as I checked under the playfield for a loose connector and nothing. I checked the flasher on the scoop to make sure it had the updated covering from stern and it did.

Funny I never really liked the Stern one, I created my own Hook and Ladder Firestation shooter knob / rod with a firestation door plunger plate a few years ago. The polished brass version shot up in price due to Shapeways process and the new CEO lifting prices on metal prints but looks so cool and am letting it tarnish like the brass emblem on a firemans helmet. I love it but have a aluminium and solid plastic version as well. I use to have a GB version but was told to remove

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksgb&sort=newest

GB - Firestation Shooter Knob 1 (resized).JPGGB - Firestation Shooter Knob 1 (resized).JPGGB - Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob (resized).JPGGB - Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob (resized).JPG
#10294 2 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Picked up a routed GB Pro the other day. Slimmer is not working. Motor doesn’t go anywhere in test. Any ideas how to know if the motor is bad or which board controls it to check?

I tested the motor with a 9volt battery and it operates correctly spinning and moving the switches. So I ordered the little mini board it connects to. Replaced the board and the motor still doesn’t work. Checked it again with the 9volt battery and it moves. So it’s not the motor and not the driver board that it plugs into. Any idea where to check next?

#10295 2 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I tested the motor with a 9volt battery and it operates correctly spinning and moving the switches. So I ordered the little mini board it connects to. Replaced the board and the motor still doesn’t work. Checked it again with the 9volt battery and it moves. So it’s not the motor and not the driver board that it plugs into. Any idea where to check next?

You can manually activate the microswitches and make the motor work. There are 2 microswitches with roller ball bearings that are cheap and fail. One is for the upper limit of slimer and one is for the lower limit. The motor will not work if these switches are not working, or if the position is incorrect of the upper arm that connects to the motor. See the pic I attached.
Motorgraphic (resized).jpgMotorgraphic (resized).jpg

#10296 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

You can manually activate the microswitches and make the motor work. There are 2 microswitches with roller ball bearings that are cheap and fail. One is for the upper limit of slimer and one is for the lower limit. The motor will not work if these switches are not working, or if the position is incorrect of the upper arm that connects to the motor. See the pic I attached.
[quoted image]

Nope switches work fine when I press them. Motor does nothing to get them to be pressed

#10297 2 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Nope switches work fine when I press them. Motor does nothing to get them to be pressed

And that is when you are in the specific test mode for slimer? Screen shows 33 34 and 68?

#10298 2 years ago

What would be a good price for a stock Pro these days? Prices seem to be all over the place.

#10299 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

What would be a good price for a stock Pro these days? Prices seem to be all over the place.

Any pro under $7k seems to be moving within seconds and that would be a fantastic price. Listed above $8k and they may waiting for the right buyer.

#10300 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Crazy, I picked mine up last September 2021 for $5800 with nice add-ons. I guess I was lucky.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 103.00
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/206?hl=jherre6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.