IMG_1693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 249.
#10201 2 years ago

OK. I did not know what they were called. I am looking for a pair of blacks. I have found 2 sources for some of the greens. If interested in greens, PM me.

#10202 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

OK. I did not know what they were called. I am looking for a pair of blacks. I have found 2 sources for some of the greens. If interested in greens, PM me.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ghostbusters+proton+stream+mod&oq=Ghostbusters+prot&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j69i59j35i39j0i433i512j0i512l5.4446j0j7&client=ms-android-mpcs-us-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#

If anyone has knowledge on this mod, I'm interested.

Screenshot_20211220-190256-585 (resized).pngScreenshot_20211220-190256-585 (resized).png
#10203 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Still searching for Stern Proton Rails
Message Me if you have a set laying about

Quoted from cottonm4:

May I ask, what is a Proton rail?

Quoted from cottonm4:

Now there is only one source of green GB side rails.

I post the link.

https://coinoppartsetc.com/product/games-parts-pinball-machine-parts/stern-ghostbusters-pinball-machine-game-custom-officially

The website says there are blacks available. There are no blacks, only greens I( I called him). And you will not like his prices.

#10204 2 years ago

Any chance you have one of these target stickers scanned from Ghostbusters? Missing one. Would love to find a way to replace it. Thank you

20211220_212647 (resized).jpg20211220_212647 (resized).jpg
#10206 2 years ago
Quoted from WER138:

Any chance you have one of these target stickers scanned from Ghostbusters? Missing one. Would love to find a way to replace it. Thank you[quoted image]

PM me.

Ken

#10207 2 years ago

Need someone to confirm a locked in Yellow Lamp in attract mode only

On the 3 yellow lights bank, left side of the field

Just watch those lamps tell me if when The lights do a “sweeping” motion if yours has a solid lit lamp

I can record a video if that helps

appreciate the help

#10208 2 years ago

Getting closer, one more revision and it should be done.

VID_20211220_223354_AdobeCreativeCloudExpress (4).gifVID_20211220_223354_AdobeCreativeCloudExpress (4).gif
#10209 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Getting closer, one more revision and it should be done.[quoted image]

Nice, just building my own topper but then more the rooftop scene

#10210 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Getting closer, one more revision and it should be done.[quoted image]

This is several kinds of awesome! Will you be selling kits? Or can you post DIY instructions?

#10211 2 years ago

Dredging up the past: As I comb through 5 years worth of posts, I come onto these posts that talk of reversing the sling rubbers for the Premium and LE models. Supposedly you get better funky magnet action at the slings.

This is what the sling rubbers look like on mine.

IMG_8796 (resized).JPGIMG_8796 (resized).JPG

These posts say to reverse the sling rubbers to look like this. I have a Premium. Is this reversing the rubbers advise still valid? This is a worthwhile mod?

Thanks in advance.

f85c55ed2d9f39b186abbad6a4051d6c35393332 (resized).jpgf85c55ed2d9f39b186abbad6a4051d6c35393332 (resized).jpg

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well Tron is an great game for sure so I can see why it gets so much love but I really like GB also personally. Seems like I will lay off of GB for awhile and then play it and really enjoy it and wonder why i wasn’t playing it. Do you have the Premium? If so reverse the sling rubbers if you haven’t already done so, makes the game way more fun. I also moved my outlane posts in and you get a few less ball drains from that, it kinda makes the game seem a little less brutal and that of course equals more fun.

Quoted from jyeakley:

Why reverse the sling rubbers?

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Because on the Premium it makes the magna slings more active and it really brings the game to life. It doesn’t make them too active, just more active than they are from the factory. Don’t ask me why it does either because I really don’t even know why, all I know is it is cool as hell lol. Golfing Dad is the one who told me about it and I’m glad that I took his advice and switched mine around. It’s the best mod you can do and it’s totally free!

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Yes, did the sling rubbers last month and just did a mates today, we both have the LE

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Do it, you wont regret it! I normally wouldn't do that but this game needs a little help to keep the frustration level down a bit. It won't make a huge difference but it's enough to where it helps you enjoy the game more. Also if you have a premium model reverse the rubbers on the slings. Doing those 2 things will make you enjoy the game much much more I promise you.

Quoted from golfingdad1:

Flip the sling rubbers around.
Put the long sling rubber where the post rubbers are and the post rubber where the long sling rubber goes.
There are two notches on metal post for proper positions. Made a Huge difference on my game .

Quoted from psexton:

Thanks but I believe I am looking for how to increase the left/right magnet power settings. I see them in the Test menu but not in the Adjustment menu. That may not be the right setting anyway. I just want the magna slings to turn on more often like the on location game I played.

Quoted from finnflash:

I think if you switch the rubber, they will "turn on" more often.

Quoted from golfingdad1:

If you switch them around they will activate much more .
The way they come from the factory require a much stronger hit to activate them. If you switch them around it activates with a much softer hit to the slings , which in turn makes the slings become stronger and "do" more .

Quoted from toddsolus:

I can't believe what a difference this makes...wow..a whole new game

Quoted from golfingdad1:

Told you
When I first got my GB I was REALLY disappointed with how the magna slings worked. Like to the point of damn this machine has to go, but after another pinsider told me about switching the rubbers it's been great .
Complete game changer !

Quoted from golfingdad1:

[quoted image]

The long Sling rubber should be on the bottom , the small round post rings should be on top.

Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Man...I almost breezed right by these posts about switching those rubbers around but thankfully your picture made me do a double take! I just swapped mine around and it does make quite the difference. One of my favorite features of this machine are the magna slings and especially when they are lit are do all those crazy tricks. Swapping the rubbers around had those puppies lit on my second ball of my first game. Before that I could go several games without seeing them lit. Thanks to all you guys who bumped this!

#10212 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Dredging up the past: As I comb through 5 years worth of posts, I come onto these posts that talk of reversing the sling rubbers for the Premium and LE models. Supposedly you get better funky magnet action at the slings.
[quoted image]
These posts say to reverse the sling rubbers to look like this. I have a Premium. Is this reversing the rubbers advise still valid? This is a worthwhile mod?
Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

It's a 2 minute job, so try it yourself. Yes it does make a difference, if you like it it is up to you.

#10213 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

It's a 2 minute job, so try it yourself. Yes it does make a difference, if you like it it is up to you.

I made the swap. I like it.

#10214 2 years ago

swinks Proton Gun Mod arrived today so excited. Can't wait to open it up and look it over and start the installation.

#10215 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]
Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

Takes less time to swap them then it does to quote 13 posts give it a try and if you don't like it switch it back. What's there to lose? I have it done and prefer it.

#10216 2 years ago

I will have to check mine. Here i thought you were to flip it if you wanted less action.

#10217 2 years ago

Not my pin:

I don't know who is looking, but there is a very nice GB pro on Facebook with lots of great mods for 5200 in AZ

https://m.facebook.com/groups/everythingpinball/permalink/4638326779582445/?ref=content_filter

Get it before it's gone

#10218 2 years ago

I got a colordmd for my GB for Christmas. I have a topper on it that was connected to the same place the color dmd is supposed to plug in. CN6 I believe. I have seen lots of molex splitters but not for the IDC type. Are there any idc type splitters that will work for this application?

#10219 2 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

I got a colordmd for my GB for Christmas. I have a topper on it that was connected to the same place the color dmd is supposed to plug in. CN6 I believe. I have seen lots of molex splitters but not for the IDC type. Are there any idc type splitters that will work for this application?

ColorDMD usually provides a splitter, so check the box. If not, Pinballlife sells a splitter.

https://www.pinballlife.com/8-way-power-splitter-board-for-stern-pinball-machines-using-the-spike-spike-2-system.html

8879ef1d9cbfe4a447e24c155c39010f094133dd (resized).jpg8879ef1d9cbfe4a447e24c155c39010f094133dd (resized).jpg
#10220 2 years ago

It did come with that splitter. My topper has the 3 pin idc connector like the dmd did. It won’t plug into that molex. Maybe i need a molex to idc adapter?

#10221 2 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

This will work

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/4-way-stern-spike-splitter

#10222 2 years ago

I knew someone made it, just could not remember. Old age kicking in.

#10223 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Takes less time to swap them then it does to quote 13 posts give it a try and if you don't like it switch it back. What's there to lose? I have it done and prefer it.

I did not want anybody to think I did not do a search

#10225 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I knew someone made it, just could not remember. Old age kicking in.

Wait, so if I get a Color DMD I will need one of these? Or just if I have a topper?

#10226 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Wait, so if I get a Color DMD I will need one of these? Or just if I have a topper?

Only if you have a topper or some other mod plugged into that connection.

#10227 2 years ago

Picked up a routed GB Pro the other day. Slimmer is not working. Motor doesn’t go anywhere in test. Any ideas how to know if the motor is bad or which board controls it to check?

#10228 2 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Picked up a routed GB Pro the other day. Slimmer is not working. Motor doesn’t go anywhere in test. Any ideas how to know if the motor is bad or which board controls it to check?

Motor board is just below and to the right of the slimer mech on the underside of the playfield. You could disconnect the wiring harness from the main harness and test the motor with a 9 volt battery and see if the motor turns. There are 2 microswitches that need to be in the correct positions for the motor to also activate as well. You can always test those switches, as they do fail easily.

#10229 2 years ago

Hello busters.
My GB pro says '8 node not found' on startup.
Pressing start says 'locating pinballs'.
Node test says 'trough 8 not responding.' I've reseated plugs and data cables. What else can I try?
Thanks. Pics attached.

20211227_094317 (resized).jpg20211227_094317 (resized).jpg20211227_094424 (resized).jpg20211227_094424 (resized).jpg
#10230 2 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Hello busters.
My GB pro says '8 node not found' on startup.
Pressing start says 'locating pinballs'.
Node test says 'trough 8 not responding.' I've reseated plugs and data cables. What else can I try?
Thanks. Pics attached.[quoted image][quoted image]

Some have swapped boards 8 and 9 and changed the dip switches to confirm bad board. Are any lights off on Board 8? Did a wire break in the trough area and possibly short to ground?

#10231 2 years ago

Here's a demo of the music mod I've made for GB, adapting mudflap's original mod. This version adds a number of movie/soundtrack themes to the code.

#10232 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Here's a demo of the music mod I've made for GB, adapting mudflap's original mod. This version adds a number of movie/soundtrack themes to the code.

W O W

any chance for PRO code to come ?

#10233 2 years ago

I'd be very happy to teach anyone who owns a pro how to replicate this. Feel free to PM me if interested to learn.

#10234 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Some have swapped boards 8 and 9 and changed the dip switches to confirm bad board. Are any lights off on Board 8? Did a wire break in the trough area and possibly short to ground?

Thanks. I'll have a look...
The trough area wires seem to be all connected ok.
The green light is off on board 8. Lit on board 9. I'll swop boards, change the dip switches and see what happens. Cheers.

20211227_151036 (resized).jpg20211227_151036 (resized).jpg20211227_150911 (resized).jpg20211227_150911 (resized).jpg20211227_150905 (resized).jpg20211227_150905 (resized).jpg
#10235 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Very nice! If there's any chance you're sharing, I'd love the opportunity to give it a try on my pin.

#10236 2 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

The green light is off on board 8. Lit on board 9.

Sounds like you're going to end up buying a new node board. Welcome to my world...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/66#post-6409468

A few months ago, I also had a BM66 node board fail in the same way as you describe above. I'd love to be able to service these things, it'd save a lot of money.

#10237 2 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Thanks. I'll have a look...
The trough area wires seem to be all connected ok.
The green light is off on board 8. Lit on board 9. I'll swop boards, change the dip switches and see what happens. Cheers.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Take pics of your original dip settings. Node boards can be repaired, but you are not in the States, darn. Borygard repairs them lockwhenlit.com

#10238 2 years ago

Maybe I can find someone to repair the board.
In the four years I've owned it it's been pretty much bulletproof so can't complain really.
It's only fault has been that the first time you hit both flippers together they would both just lose power for half a second and drop.
This particular day the flippers went dead just as the ball went into the trough which for the first time ever didn't register.
I probably should have turned the machine off quick but had to listen to the funky background song for a few minutes.

#10239 2 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Maybe I can find someone to repair the board.
In the four years I've owned it it's been pretty much bulletproof so can't complain really.
It's only fault has been that the first time you hit both flippers together they would both just lose power for half a second and drop.
This particular day the flippers went dead just as the ball went into the trough which for the first time ever didn't register.
I probably should have turned the machine off quick but had to listen to the funky background song for a few minutes.

Maybe that trough switch is bad as well. Might want to check it.

#10240 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Very nice! If there's any chance you're sharing, I'd love the opportunity to give it a try on my pin.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pro9ZMmORz9rh9NVEQwT95iMJw8uqaEF/view?usp=sharing

Here is the modded code. It's ready to be burned to an SD card. I recommend using pinball browser software.

#10241 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pro9ZMmORz9rh9NVEQwT95iMJw8uqaEF/view?usp=sharing
Here is the modded code. It's ready to be burned to an SD card. I recommend using pinball browser software.

Thanks! Downloading now.

#10242 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Here's a demo of the music mod I've made for GB, adapting mudflap's original mod. This version adds a number of movie/soundtrack themes to the code.</blockquot

Thanks! Downloading now.

interested to hear what you think about it!

#10243 2 years ago

Hey all. I'm in the club. Currently shopping my GB pro, early build with reinforcement spelled wrong. April 19, 2016. I did the flasher mylar service bulletin. I have GITD rubbers coming from Titan, Glo balls coming from Mezel, my question is... any other important tweaks/fixes I should do?

Also what are the coolest mods out there. I think there are about 1000 options for this game so what are the best ones? Or maybe more specifically the best bang for your buck mods? Or if anyone even has any extra mods they are not going to use and want to sell let me know!

#10244 2 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Hey all. I'm in the club. Currently shopping my GB pro, early build with reinforcement spelled wrong. April 19, 2016. I did the flasher mylar service bulletin. I have GITD rubbers coming from Titan, Glo balls coming from Mezel, my question is... any other important tweaks/fixes I should do?
Also what are the coolest mods out there. I think there are about 1000 options for this game so what are the best ones? Or maybe more specifically the best bang for your buck mods? Or if anyone even has any extra mods they are not going to use and want to sell let me know!

I will be selling my Mezel Mods Firehouse since I have upgraded. It is brand new used, only 2 months old. If you don't have Cliffy's protector's all the way around, invest in all of them. Airball deflectors are a must, Center rebound is a must, unless you like a tough playing game. One of my personal favorites are PinMonks Light Filter brackets. Lighted scoop from mezel is cool. I added slime around the subway ramp, a cool Welcome to NewYork Slime sign. Ecto1 with flashing lights. Lighted flippers. Lots of things can be added to this awesome game. The pics are of my game.

20211016_174345 (resized).jpg20211016_174345 (resized).jpg20211113_151546 (resized).jpg20211113_151546 (resized).jpg
#10245 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I will be selling my Mezel Mods Firehouse since I have upgraded. It is brand new used, only 2 months old. If you don't have Cliffy's protector's all the way around, invest in all of them. Airball deflectors are a must, Center rebound is a must, unless you like a tough playing game. One of my personal favorites are PinMonks Light Filter brackets. Lighted scoop from mezel is cool. I added slime around the subway ramp, a cool Welcome to NewYork Slime sign. Ecto1 with flashing lights. Lighted flippers. Lots of things can be added to this awesome game. The pics are of my game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Agree, hey airball protectors on the ramp side as well as a protector for the Ecto Goggles mini LCD - learned that the hard way.

Rather than go center post, I went with carrot flippers.

Major DIY mod, but the containment unit is a must in my book.

681B81CD-5325-4888-B1E8-56EC4048068C (resized).jpeg681B81CD-5325-4888-B1E8-56EC4048068C (resized).jpeg
#10246 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Agree, hey airball protectors on the ramp side as well as a protector for the Ecto Goggles mini LCD - learned that the hard way.
Major DIY mod, but the containment unit is a must in my book.[quoted image]

I have that exact containment unit, just have not installed it yet, just received my Proton Mod from @swinks, excites to put these next 2 mods on my Pro.

#10247 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Major DIY mod, but the containment unit is a must in my book.[quoted image]

Agree on protectors on ramp and mini-LCD unit.

#10248 2 years ago

Finally took the plunge and upgraded to a LCD Color DMD. After the air ball protector for the left ramp, a CDMD should be considered the #2 mod for this game. Such a huge difference, such an upgrade. I feel like I’ve been missing so much of the animations with the monochrome red. My one major gripe with this game was the DMD, the last of its kind. It’s like a new game again!

#10249 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Agree on Pinmonks filters - nice option!
Of course cliffys imho are a must.

#10250 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Finally took the plunge and upgraded to a LCD Color DMD. After the air ball protector for the left ramp, a CDMD should be considered the #2 mod for this game. Such a huge difference, such an upgrade. I feel like I’ve been missing so much of the animations with the monochrome red. My one major gripe with this game was the DMD, the last of its kind. It’s like a new game again!

Agree - Color DMD will be my next purchase

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/205?hl=jeff2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.