B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 250.
#10101 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I bought my GB premium in August, 2017 new in the box for $7,200. I would pay $11 for one today if I didn’t still have mine. It’s the pin I’ve owned longer than any other, and I’ve had many pins come and go. It’s really a complete package in my opinion. Tremendous art package with endless eye candy. Put some Voodoo or Invisiglass on a GB and just stare at it. You don’t have to turn this pin on to enjoy owning it. The music, callouts (custom by Ernie Hudson and original movie quotes) and decent DMD animations (the very last Stern title produced with a DMD, except vaults) are solid and iconic. The playfield design is awesome imho. There are like 11 shots to keep track of, if you include the captive balls and other targets, all of which are nicely incorporated. The ramps are unique and a challenge. Finally, the code is terrific now that it’s finished, with 3 different ladders of modes, and several multiball and wizard modes. It’s a blast to mod too.
You have to add a couple airball protectors to GB, but yours should have those already. If I could only keep one pin from my collection, GB would get serious consideration.
Good luck either way!

Quoted from Flash71:

Well said! I feel the same way.

The seller and I made a phone call handshake. I bring it home on Sunday. Prices will collapse on Monday

Thanks to all who offered their thoughts.

#10102 2 years ago

Discontinuing these protectors after 14 runs of making them. See ad below. Price reduced - free shipping in the USA.

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “One for $20 (both for $30). Made from nearly unbreakable PET-G plastic. 1. Airball protector, Left ramp - see below. 2. Right Orbit protector - see below. (see instructions bel...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 2451 times

#10103 2 years ago

Saw the GB: Afterlife sequel tonight. Wife and I both enjoyed it. It’s much more of a direct sequel to the 1984 GB than the 2016 reboot. It has a nice balance of mostly new, fresh material with just the right amount of references and cameos. Classy, thoughtful ending. Good, not great overall. I’d be interested to hear what others think.

#10104 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Saw the GB: Afterlife sequel tonight. Wife and I both enjoyed it. It’s much more of a direct sequel to the 1984 GB than the 2016 reboot. It has a nice balance of mostly new, fresh material with just the right amount of references and cameos. Classy, thoughtful ending. Good, not great overall. I’d be interested to hear what others think.

Thought it was amazing! Seen it opening weekend in a packed theater what a rush hearing applause during a movie again! But yeah it had it all for me. Call backs like Endgame, plot like force awakens or jurassic world and I felt like I was watching Goonies or Monster squad as an 8 year old again! Blu-ray day 1 can't wait!

#10105 2 years ago

Wife and I very much enjoyed it!

#10106 2 years ago

WAIT, WHAT?!?! There is a new movie? Huh?

#10107 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I had only a single complaint but it was a big one. There were hardly any ghosts in it! We saw I think 2 new ones when everything started going to hell. The old movies showed enough ghosts to make it actually seem like they were taking over the city.

#10108 2 years ago

Has anyone installed "Swinks" Proton gun mod yet???

#10109 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

My Slimer is sensing hits from the back, but not the front. Switch test confirms this. What do I need to check or part do I need to find to fix this? From the switch test, it's sensing Slimer wheel 2 but not 1.

Quoted from hawkmoon:

I believe a few have, just have to read back through here or his thread. Mine is shipping soon.

#10110 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I have.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/199#post-6610665

Do you have any specific questions? I love it.

#10111 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I believe a few have, just have to read back through here or his thread. Mine is shipping soon.

Did you mean to quote my problem? I don't see a comment for it.

#10112 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

it has been quiet I am sure because of my small oversight on the proton gun length with the steel aprons. I modified the gun design and sent out replacements to batch 1 guys who should get them next week. Some of Batch 2 just left this week and rest on Monday so there will be more soon.

#10113 2 years ago

My Slimer is sensing hits from the back, but not the front. Switch test confirms this. What do I need to check or part do I need to find to fix this? From the switch test, it's sensing Slimer wheel 2 but not 1.

The way the slimmer switch works is slimers wire passes through a hole in a plate and pcb and maybe over time the assembly has moved a fraction - enough that the wire that slimer hangs from does not touch the plate when it swings to the back.

Slimer Assembly (resized).pngSlimer Assembly (resized).png
#10114 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Having played a few games with it installed, I find myself wanting the ball to go to the outlanes so I can use the proton guns.
But sometimes in the heat of the game, I forget I have it and the ball just drains like normal. So it does take some time to get use to having the function. But the great thing about it is...you don't have to use it. It's not an "always on cheat". You can decide if you want to use it or not during gameplay which to my understanding is one of a kind. As most "cheat" mods such as lane extenders, center posts, etc (once installed) are always there during gameplay.
And I think that originally there was suppose to be something of this nature in the game but got pulled before production. So in my mind, this completes the game.

Curious once you press the pedal does it activate for so many seconds? Or can you hold the pedal down for the entire game play?

#10115 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Curious once you press the pedal does it activate for so many seconds? Or can you hold the pedal down for the entire game play?

Currently it stays activated for as long as the pedal is pressed but there is a option to bridge 2 tabs on the servo boards to activate momentary at this stage.

#10116 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Currently it stays activated for as long as the pedal is pressed but there is a option to bridge 2 tabs on the servo boards to activate momentary at this stage.

Cool - momentary seems the way to go.

#10117 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Cool - momentary seems the way to go.

I do ask the guys to play how it is setup / sent and may have a new feature in 2022.

#10118 2 years ago

Did you mean to quote my problem? I don't see a comment for it.

Not sure how or why that happened? I was going to comment on the slimer mechanism. Must have not completely cleared my draft post. Dangit pinside.

#10119 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

when not used, the streams tuck to the side so the ball can still go down the outlanes and only the proton stream tip interacts with the ball when activated

How do they mount to the play field?

#10120 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How do they mount to the play field?

easier to check out the manual located here

https://swinks.com.au/manuals

#10122 2 years ago

I’m looking for an authentic Stern topper and shooter rod. Hit me up if you have one you want to sell.

#10124 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Anyone have mods for sale?

I might, after I get the GB I bought home.

#10125 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I might, after I get the GB I bought home.

Feel free to pm me

#10126 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

easier to check out the manual located here
https://swinks.com.au/manuals

OK. I see. Thanks.

It looks like I should consider buying this kit. If this is possible, where do I look? Thanks.

#10127 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

OK. I see. Thanks.
It looks like I should consider buying this kit. If this is possible, where do I look? Thanks.

this thread here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swinks-gb-proton-guns-mod-development

people can jump on to the list with no money down and do about 12 kits a month - just about the start Batch 3

#10128 2 years ago

Built my own topper using the Mattel 1:18 Ecto-1 model.

IMG_6227 (resized).jpgIMG_6227 (resized).jpg
#10129 2 years ago

Thanks to everyone who responded! I'll post more as my mod goes in!! Everyone have a safe and Happy holiday!!!

#10130 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

this thread here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swinks-gb-proton-guns-mod-development
people can jump on to the list with no money down and do about 12 kits a month - just about the start Batch 3

I can definitely see the utility and cool factor of these proton guns. But I need to digest my GB purchase and work these into my budget; Just buying this box has blown my budget for a bit

#10131 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I can definitely see the utility and cool factor of these proton guns. But I need to digest my GB purchase and work these into my budget; Just buying this box has blown my budget for a bit

all good, enjoy your game

#10132 2 years ago

Who makes this translight ?
I like the incorporation w/ Lewis and Dana

708AA908-BF97-4E16-9684-21E87E7993F2 (resized).jpeg708AA908-BF97-4E16-9684-21E87E7993F2 (resized).jpeg
#10133 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Who makes this translight ?
I like the incorporation w/ Lewis and Dana
[quoted image]

That is a backglass for an LE same artist that did the pro and premium just made Slimer more prominent to fit the Slimer theme of the LE more. Zombie Yeti btw if that was your question but I assumed you thought it was an aftermarket alternative translite

#10134 2 years ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

That is a backglass for an LE same artist that did the pro and premium just made Slimer more prominent to fit the Slimer theme of the LE more. Zombie Yeti btw if that was your question but I assumed you thought it was an aftermarket alternative translite

I was hoping it was offered as a traditional translight

Beautiful Art

Appreciate the help identifying it to the LE only

#10135 2 years ago

For you guys thinking 11k is too high for a premium.... here is a pro for 10.8k

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/126099

#10136 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10137 2 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

[quoted image]

Damn Right !!

My house was attacked also - poor stay puft

FA48BA92-89F1-451E-BA41-D7F5F2F09310 (resized).jpegFA48BA92-89F1-451E-BA41-D7F5F2F09310 (resized).jpeg
#10138 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Anyone have mods for sale?

Yes I have my Leg Lights.

a9bcdece678db9602a40d218681813cd5bc1f1a5 (resized).jpga9bcdece678db9602a40d218681813cd5bc1f1a5 (resized).jpg
#10139 2 years ago

We are home and will get unloaded this afternoon. This pin turned out to be HUO; I bought from the original owner.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stern used these little bitty, chintzy, slider buttons that offer no protection at all when having to get the pin positioned for loading in a concrete driveway. Pissed me off.

IMG_8645 (resized).jpgIMG_8645 (resized).jpg

IMG_8652 (resized).jpgIMG_8652 (resized).jpg

IMG_8651 (resized).jpgIMG_8651 (resized).jpg

That shit is not going to happen anymore. I made some outriggers. The screws were matched up to the nail holes the buttons left behind. No new holes were drilled.

IMG_8648 (resized).jpgIMG_8648 (resized).jpg

The crappy little button Stern used is the one on top. I buy the larger slider buttons at retail for 25 cents each. Stern probably gets them for a nickel each and saved a couple of more pennies by getting the size challenged buttons. That is being real cheap. R-E-A-L cheap.

IMG_8647 (resized).jpgIMG_8647 (resized).jpg

I don't recall the Munsters I bought and sold as having these little bitty half-assed buttons nailed on.

Once I get settled in, I will paint the outriggers black and they will look like this. And I will have to touch up the cabinet.

IMG_8654 (resized).JPGIMG_8654 (resized).JPG

#10140 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

We are home and will get unloaded this afternoon. This pin turned out to be HUO; I bought from the original owner.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stern used these little bitty, chintzy, slider buttons that offer no protection at all when having to get the pin positioned for loading in a concrete driveway. Pissed me off.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
That shit is not going to happen anymore. I made some outriggers. The screws were matched up to the nail holes the buttons left behind. No new holes were drilled.
[quoted image]
The crappy little button Stern used is the one on top. I buy the larger slider buttons at retail for 25 cents each. Stern probably gets them for a nickel each and saved a couple of more pennies by getting the size challenged buttons. That is being real cheap. R-E-A-L cheap.
[quoted image]
I don't recall the Munsters I bought and sold as having these little bitty half-assed buttons nailed on.
Once I get settled in, I will paint the outriggers black and they will look like this. And I will have to touch up the cabinet.
[quoted image]

Nice work. I have to do the same to my game.

#10141 2 years ago

My seller had bought a mod that he had not installed yet. I am still learning my way around with GB. I do not know what everything is called.

This mod is replacing the 2D buildings in the back with some 3D buildings.

IMG_8659 (resized).jpgIMG_8659 (resized).jpg

I installed the building that sits on the right side behind the pops and in front of the marshmallow guy.

IMG_8670 (resized).jpgIMG_8670 (resized).jpg

They are made by someone named Sam. This is all I know. I would like to talk with Sam if anyone knows how to contact him.

His installation instructions need to be modified. The instructions say to remove the ramp to install this mod in front of Stay Puft. You do not need to remove the ramp. Do not remove the ramp.

GB (resized).jpegGB (resized).jpeg
===========================================================================

Here is how to install this unit.

The slimer is attached to its rotating shaft with an Allen screw. Loosen that screw and swing Slimer out of the way. You can remove Slimer from the rotating shaft and lay him on the play field but it is not necessary. The rotating shaft is keyed so there is no way to reinstall Slimer incorrectly.

With slimer out of the way, you can access the 3 screws that attach the buildings to the top of the pop bumpers. Remove the buildings from the pop bumpers.

IMG_8663 (resized).jpgIMG_8663 (resized).jpg

With the pop bumper buildings out of the way, you can easily access the two small screws that attach the 2D buildings to their mounting tabs. A long shank #1 Phillips screwdriver would be best, although I did this swap out with a short shank screwdriver.

IMG_8665 (resized).jpgIMG_8665 (resized).jpg

So, EZ PZY, right? Nope. There is one more challenge. The factory 2D building measures .050" thick. The Mod buildings mounting point is thicker and measures approximately .110" thick. The Stern factory uses short screws to attach 2D parts to brackets. These screws are almost too short to install the 3D building.

IMG_8679 (resized).JPGIMG_8679 (resized).JPG

Both 2D and 3D buildings are shown here. You can see the difference in thickness.

IMG_8678 (resized).JPGIMG_8678 (resized).JPG

What should have been a 1 minute job to install this 3D building morphed into a 40 minute odyssey as I tried to get these screws installed. I finally had to get creative and make one of the screws a captive screw ( https://fastenerengineering.com/what-are-captive-screws/ ) to do this install.

These screws are very small. Like the screws you see inside a computer. I do not know where to source them. But if the 2 screws were 1/4" inch longer the install would have been a breeze. The short factory screws will make you cuss. If I had a long shank magnetic #1 Phillips screwdriver the install would have been easier, but I don't have such a tool and don't want to buy one.

Recap:

Do not remove the ramp. Swing Slimer out of the way, remove the pop buildings and pray for longer screws.

I hope this helps anybody else who might be getting ready to install these buildings mods.

I have not gotten to the buildings that are sitting behind the fire house.

It is a nice looking mod.
======================

Now, I need to make some airball protectors.

#10142 2 years ago

I have that same mod, can't remember this to be so difficult to setup. For sure I did not have to remove the popbumper buildings.

#10143 2 years ago

I was also able to install the right side buildings without dismantling anything. The left looked to be more of a challenge and I haven’t seriously tried it yet.
This was on a Pro so maybe Premium is different.

#10144 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I have that same mod, can't remember this to be so difficult to setup. For sure I did not have to remove the popbumper buildings.

Quoted from Nds777:

I was also able to install the right side buildings without dismantling anything. The left looked to be more of a challenge and I haven’t seriously tried it yet.
This was on a Pro so maybe Premium is different.

I suppose if I had an 18" #1 Phillips long screwdriver I could have done something like that. Beyond that, you both leave me scratching my head.

#10145 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I suppose if I had an 18" #1 Phillips long screwdriver I could have done something like that. Beyond that, you both leave me scratching my head.

Well it's in there. So maybe it was just tooling you did not have.

#10146 2 years ago

Next time you need a magnetic screwdriver just grab a magnet from the fridge and stick it on the drivers shaft. Works fine for a little screw like that.

#10147 2 years ago
Quoted from Nds777:

Next time you need a magnetic screwdriver just grab a magnet from the fridge and stick it on the drivers shaft. Works fine for a little screw like that.

These are cool too. You can find them cheaper. But they allow a screwdriver to go back and forth between magnetic and non-magnetic.

https://www.amazon.com/Delcast-Magnetizer-Demagnetizer-Screwdriver-Small/dp/B00PBCDRN4/ref=sr_1_3_sspa

#10148 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Well it's in there. So maybe it was just tooling you did not have.

I cannot find a good picture of a Pro to see how they are put together.

I have figured out that if I go in with a 12" #1 Phillips head driver that I can access both screws that way. But without that long screwdriver, the buildings have to come off the pops or I cannot access.

But whatever way works, removing the ramp is not necessary as stated in the instructions.

#10149 2 years ago

In 2 days of ownership I have experienced the air balls I have been reading about. I see the remedy is to install a 12" clear plastic strap across the left lamp entryway. Meh.

I worked up something different. I am going to have to change the profile as I have had a couple of airballs get by. I'll have to experiment some but they are working pretty good, so far.

They are kind of hard to see but that is what I want. Small footprint. And "disappeared" when I am playing.

IMG_8695 (resized).jpgIMG_8695 (resized).jpg

Here is a better view. They are just a pair of small "paddles" I placed over the top of the Left Ramp standup targets.

Like I say, I need to alter the profile to stop last couple of air balls. If they work out, I might see if I can make a few to sell.

IMG_8730 (resized).JPGIMG_8730 (resized).JPG

#10150 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

In 2 days of ownership I have experienced the air balls I have been reading about. I see the remedy is to install a 12" clear plastic strap across the left lamp entryway. Meh.
I worked up something different. I am going to have to change the profile as I have had a couple of airballs get by. I'll have to experiment some but they are working pretty good, so far.
They are kind of hard to see but that is what I want. Small footprint. And "disappeared" when I am playing.
[quoted image]
Here is a better view. They are just a pair of small "paddles" I placed over the top of the Left Ramp standup targets.
Like I say, I need to alter the profile to stop last couple of air balls. If they work out, I might see if I can make a few to sell.
[quoted image]

nice control idea though the target angle is what causes most of the airballs but that is a smaller and cleaner look than the big plastic variations

https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 103.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/203 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.