IMG_8924 (resized).jpg
IMG_8923 (resized).jpg
IMG_8921 (resized).jpg
IMG_8926 (resized).JPG
c1becc2c2cbb61c89082f2629931cef64ade5126 (resized).jpg
IMG_2519 (resized).jpeg
3B580E05-F900-4449-83C9-61D73C4AF573 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,479 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 210.
#10051 55 days ago

Need a Hail Mary. Looking for the following board. I've tried searching with no luck. Please if anyone has one or knows where I can get one please message me.

Stern Pinball Flipper Ghostbusters Center Bonus LED Platine (Board) #520-6989-00

Screenshot_20211201-231843 (resized).png
#10052 55 days ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Need a Hail Mary. Looking for the following board. I've tried searching with no luck. Please if anyone has one or knows where I can get one please message me.
Stern Pinball Flipper Ghostbusters Center Bonus LED Platine (Board) #520-6989-00
[quoted image]

Have you tried Stern directly?

#10053 55 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Have you tried Stern directly?

No I haven't I wasn't sure if they sold parts.

Rookie move on my end but I'll definitely call them this morning. Thank you for the suggestion.

#10054 55 days ago
Quoted from TrueJedi:

Question for your experienced folks. I have a 1 owner HUO GB Pro with about 4,000 plays. Tonight I noticed my slimer giving a slow hum as he bobs up and down. He's still working properly. The noise is noticeable, but not loud. Do I need to adjust something, grease something or is this the motor going that other's have mentioned? Thanks.

Buy some compressed air cleaner and blow out all that dirt and dust that has accumulated down there causing friction. I just performed maintenance on a unit that had so much black dust and gunk it was crazy. Took it all apart, cleaned it, no more hum. Also check the white plastic washer top side on the boom arm for wear.

I also replaced both microswitches, one was failed, the other was on its way, causing alot of travel on the slimer, causing him to travel further down than normal. Small maintenance on this game helps.

Hope you find the issue.

#10055 54 days ago

I'm looking for a Ghostbusters Premium. Is this going to be an exercise in futility?

#10056 54 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm looking for a Ghostbusters Premium. Is this going to be an exercise in futility?

No, just an exercise in emptying your wallet.

#10057 54 days ago

I thought when I paid $9k for my Prem with under 300 plays and topper that was a lot. Bargain these days.

#10058 54 days ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I thought when I paid $9k for my Prem with under 300 plays and topper that was a lot. Bargain these days.

I remember discussing the value of a minty GB premium with topper about a year ago and the others I was talking to saying “no way $8k,”. Lol. We were so innocent then.

#10059 54 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Machine - For Trade
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Selling a mint Ghostbusters Premium. Has a few mods, side blade artwork, color DMD, and a few others. Interested in trading preferred. Sorry, I am absolutely not interested in sh...”
58 days ago
Jacksonville, NC
Expired!

Seems like a good deal to me.

#10060 54 days ago
Quoted from P1nhead:Seems like a good deal to me.

I sent him contact info yesterday. Have not heard back yet.

Thanks for offering it up.

#10061 54 days ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

No, just an exercise in emptying your wallet.

Crazy hobby, ain't it.

#10063 54 days ago

Hi guys, I've posted this in the pinbrowser threads, but for those who don't read those, I have an updated music mod for GB for those who are interested. This is for Ghostbusters Premium and LE.

In addition to the original modded code by mudflaps, I've replacing another 20 or so stock tracks with relevant movie soundtrack themes.

This mod won't be for everyone, but for those who prefer the movie themes, you now have slimer, gozer, zool, terror dogs and marshmallow man themes in the game linked to the relevant modes, among others. I've also replaced the soundtrack ghostbusters theme with a higher quality version, and swapped "Magic" from cross the streams mode to Storage Facility Multiball mode, as to me that's more in line with the movie.

There are still a couple of stock tracks in the game that I haven't figured out yet, in terms of which mode they relate to, so I may update the code again in future.

For now, here is the link for those who are interested: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pro9ZMmORz9rh9NVEQwT95iMJw8uqaEF/view?usp=sharing

#10064 53 days ago
Quoted from njvc:

Hi guys, I've posted this in the pinbrowser threads, but for those who don't read those, I have an updated music mod for GB for those who are interested. This is for Ghostbusters Premium and LE.
In addition to the original modded code by mudflaps, I've replacing another 20 or so stock tracks with relevant movie soundtrack themes.
This mod won't be for everyone, but for those who prefer the movie themes, you now have slimer, gozer, zool, terror dogs and marshmallow man themes in the game linked to the relevant modes, among others. I've also replaced the soundtrack ghostbusters theme with a higher quality version, and swapped "Magic" from cross the streams mode to Storage Facility Multiball mode, as to me that's more in line with the movie.
There are still a couple of stock tracks in the game that I haven't figured out yet, in terms of which mode they relate to, so I may update the code again in future.
For now, here is the link for those who are interested: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pro9ZMmORz9rh9NVEQwT95iMJw8uqaEF/view?usp=sharing

Interesting, I’m going to try this out!

#10065 53 days ago
Quoted from njvc:

Downloading! Can't wait to give it a try.

#10066 53 days ago
Quoted from njvc:

Can you share the Pinballborwser macro? This way, it would be possible to adopt it for the Pro.

#10067 52 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Downloading! Can't wait to give it a try.

Has anyone been able to get it to work? If so, how is it?

#10068 50 days ago

This proton pack replica project caught my attention. I thought others might be curious, there's a few more days to get in on this.

I'm not usually into these type of collectibles, but kind of hoping this reaches the stretch goal that includes the stand: that might end my waffling, ha.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/ghostbusters-plasma-series-spengler-s-proton-pack

#10069 49 days ago
Quoted from njvc:

Thoughts to create for PRO

#10070 49 days ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I paid 9300 and thought prob a little expensive but screw it. Now I wouldn’t let it go for anything under 12/13. In fact I’m tempted to list my topper at 5k to see what happens but I really think it will sell and then what!? Haha Market has changed where I wish I was able to keep all of my old games!

#10071 49 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

I paid 9300 and thought prob a little expensive but screw it. Now I wouldn’t let it go for anything under 12/13. In fact I’m tempted to list my topper at 5k to see what happens but I really think it will sell and then what!? Haha Market has changed where I wish I was able to keep all of my old games!

I still remember buying my premium back in 2017 for 11k (Aus) and that was a HUGE amount of cash for me to buy a pin then. But it was fully loaded with great mods, had the topper, colourdmd, shaker, a fantastic powdercoat - just everything. Such a beautiful machine, and I'm a Ghostbusters nut, meaning I couldn't walk away from it - so I remember trying to justify it for quite a while with the wife.

I think I could comfortably get 15k-16k for it now, but honestly it kind of irks me to see premiums being sold for 16k (especially those still in production, with sellers just jacking up prices for the impatient people among us) and basically I wouldn't dream of selling it anyway.

#10072 49 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I still remember buying my premium back in 2017 for 11k (Aus) and that was a HUGE amount of cash for me to buy a pin then. But it was fully loaded with great mods, had the topper, colourdmd, shaker, a fantastic powdercoat - just everything. Such a beautiful machine, and I'm a Ghostbusters nut, meaning I couldn't walk away from it - so I remember trying to justify it for quite a while with the wife.
I think I could comfortably get 15k-16k for it now, but honestly it kind of irks me to see premiums being sold for 16k (especially those still in production, with sellers just jacking up prices for the impatient people among us) and basically I wouldn't dream of selling it anyway.

I have a shot at a Premium, modded, for a little less than $11K. It is an easy 6 hour round trip. No shipping charges. Just a couple of tanks of gas.

I'll assume it is mint condition.

Should I chase it? Or wait for the movie sugar-rush to come down?

Thanks in advance.

#10073 49 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have a shot at a Premium, modded, for a little less than $11K. It is an easy 6 hour round trip. No shipping charges. Just a couple of tanks of gas.
Thanks in advance.

Go get her !

#10074 49 days ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

This proton pack replica project caught my attention. I thought others might be curious, there's a few more days to get in on this.
I'm not usually into these type of collectibles, but kind of hoping this reaches the stretch goal that includes the stand: that might end my waffling, ha.
https://hasbropulse.com/products/ghostbusters-plasma-series-spengler-s-proton-pack

Everyone needs a proton pack!

The one I have lights up/ makes the plasma sounds when you pull the trigger and also plays the GB theme through speakers in the back.

But it is one heavy sucker!

261684915_951560705496881_4877155796930696341_n (resized).jpg
#10075 49 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thanks in advance.

11k USD? Mine was in aussie dollars - if i saw one here in Australia for 11k today - I'd probably buy it and have 2!

Not sure what a good price is for GB in USD, but I'm biased and would say go for it. Such a good game, tough, but amazing.

#10076 49 days ago
Quoted from njvc:

Hi! Thanks for sharing.

Question on your file, why is is it 8GB in size and why is it a .IMG and not .SPK? Did you post the correct file?

#10077 49 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:I have a shot at a Premium, modded, for a little less than $11K. It is an easy 6 hour round trip. No shipping charges. Just a couple of tanks of gas.
Thanks in advance.

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

11k USD? Mine was in aussie dollars - if i saw one here in Australia for 11k today - I'd probably buy it and have 2!
Not sure what a good price is for GB in USD, but I'm biased and would say go for it. Such a good game, tough, but amazing.

Anybody else?

My neighbor just bought a real nice used car for $13K. Any way you cut it, $10K-$11K it is a lot of money. But I don't see many for sale. Is this truly one of those pins that when people say "it is nailed to the floor. It will never leave" they really mean it?

I am questioning my sanity. I am trying real hard to not fall off in the deep end.

#10078 49 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Anybody else?
My neighbor just bought a real nice used car for $13K. Any way you cut it, $10K-$11K it is a lot of money. But I don't see many for sale. Is this truly one of those pins that when people say "it is nailed to the floor. It will never leave" they really mean it?
I am questioning my sanity. I am trying real hard to not fall off in the deep end.

GB premium was my first game a few years ago when I got into pinball. I still love it. When dialed in it is awesome, though it does have some design flaws which make it polarizing. I can’t see ever selling it unless I have to for financial reasons.

#10079 49 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thanks in advance.

Quoted from cottonm4:

Anybody else?

GB spike has nothing to do with the movie. It’s a classic franchise and the pinball hobby is exploding. If you have any interest in GB, and don’t want to wait for someone who hasn’t been following the market and is giving it away, buy the game b/c the price will continue to rise as word on the street is that stern no longer has the license so things will only get worse. Opps for someone giving it away are few and far between b/c there are hawks on these boards who will buy it just to flip asap.

As someone that bought a gb prem brand new at 6700 or so and then had to buy the same game again at a higher price, I get the hesitation. Now the game is worth even more so jump in now would be my suggestion.

As for the used car, there is no way that used car will appreciate thousands later on (unless it was an exotic or corvette type, which it’s not). Pinball, specifically ones like GB, good chance. It could all crash no doubt but from what I’ve seen, I would pick it up.

#10080 49 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

I get the hesitation.

Thank you.

Quoted from delt31:

GB spike has nothing to do with the movie.

As far as movies, I have never seen the original movie. Ever. The best I could do when I was working 7 days a week was to sing along with Ray Parker on the radio while on my way to work.

Quoted from delt31:

It’s a classic franchise

Agreed.

Quoted from delt31:

and the pinball hobby is exploding.

Agreed again.

Quoted from delt31:

word on the street is that stern no longer has the license so things will only get worse.

This confuses me. GB has already been built and sold. Not seeing how Stern having a license, or not, would effect anything. But maybe this answers another question I have .

What would prevent Stern from doing some sort of Vault Edition like was done with Ironman? I guess loss of license would prevent a remake happening.

#10081 49 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thank you.

As far as movies, I have never seen the original movie. Ever. The best I could do when I was working 7 days a week was to sing along with Ray Parker on the radio while on my way to work.
Their current back log!
Agreed.

Agreed again.

This confuses me. GB has already been built and sold. Not seeing how Stern having a license, or not, would effect anything. But maybe this answers another question I have .
What would prevent Stern from doing some sort of Vault Edition like was done with Ironman? I guess loss of license would prevent a remake happening.

#10082 49 days ago

I could imagine that Stern isn’t looking to do any vaults while they’re still way behind on main line titles like Mando and Godzilla as well as introducing new games… also maybe they’re not in any hurry to put out more of any games that JT had anything to do with?

#10083 49 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thank you.

Agreed.

Agreed again.

Without the active license they can't rerun. Marvel is really easy which is why Ironman is rerun all day. If stern wants to rerun GB, they need to pay up for the license. All rumors but fyi.

#10084 49 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Anybody else?

That's a decision that only you can make as far as if the game is worth that amount to you. If you are asking if that is a fair market price for the premium, then depending on the mods, yea it's pretty close. You won't take a bath on the pin if you go to sell later unless the pin market just outright tanks. I have a nicely modded premium (with no Stern topper) and I have been offered 10K multiple times and get several emails/texts a month asking if I want to sell it yet. You could wait to try and save a few hundred dollars but that wait might be years or never.

#10085 49 days ago

I'll try to put a YouTube vid together previewing the new code in the next few days

Quoted from Schwaggs:

Hi! Thanks for sharing.
Question on your file, why is is it 8GB in size and why is it a .IMG and not .SPK? Did you post the correct file?

Hi, it's a .img ready to be burned to an SD card using the pinball browser software. The program no longer supports .spk files apparently. If anyone knows how to convert the .img to an .spk, I'm happy to do that too.

The file does work, has been confirmed by other users.

#10086 49 days ago

Such a polarizing pin for the pinball crowd. Another happy original owner since 2016. Finally adding a CDMD after Christmas. Going to be a hard inner conversation to think about ever parting with it. I have noticed a huge increase in the continued mod development for this game, and I’m not mad at it, but I am trying to scrounge for more change in my couch cushions.

Is there any good estimate on just how many GB Pro, Prem, and LEs Stern ended up cranking out?

#10087 49 days ago
Quoted from njvc:

I'll try to put a YouTube vid together previewing the new code in the next few days

Hi, it's a .img ready to be burned to an SD card using the pinball browser software. The program no longer supports .spk files apparently. If anyone knows how to convert the .img to an .spk, I'm happy to do that too.

Interesting - I just reflagged a SD card with the latest code, then put the mudflaps file on it again using a usb drive. Does this mean I can’t update the music the same way?

#10088 49 days ago

I finally joined the club!! I was beginning to wonder if it would ever happen!

Pics coming soon

#10089 49 days ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Interesting - I just flashed an SD card with the latest code, then put the mudflaps file on it again using a usb drive. Does this mean I can’t update the music the same way?

#10090 49 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Anybody else?

I bought my GB premium in August, 2017 new in the box for $7,200. I would pay $11 for one today if I didn’t still have mine. It’s the pin I’ve owned longer than any other, and I’ve had many pins come and go. It’s really a complete package in my opinion. Tremendous art package with endless eye candy. Put some Voodoo or Invisiglass on a GB and just stare at it. You don’t have to turn this pin on to enjoy owning it. The music, callouts (custom by Ernie Hudson and original movie quotes) and decent DMD animations (the very last Stern title produced with a DMD, except vaults) are solid and iconic. The playfield design is awesome imho. There are like 11 shots to keep track of, if you include the captive balls and other targets, all of which are nicely incorporated. The ramps are unique and a challenge. Finally, the code is terrific now that it’s finished, with 3 different ladders of modes, and several multiball and wizard modes. It’s a blast to mod too.

You have to add a couple airball protectors to GB, but yours should have those already. If I could only keep one pin from my collection, GB would get serious consideration.

Good luck either way!

#10091 48 days ago

Anyone have an Extra Mezel Walking Stay Puft

Or set it Black Proton Side Rails

Message me
Thanks
James

#10092 48 days ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

If you are asking if that is a fair market price for the premium, then depending on the mods, yea it's pretty close. You won't take a bath on the pin if you go to sell later unless the pin market just outright tanks.

Thank you. This is sort of what I am looking for.

Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

You could wait to try and save a few hundred dollars but that wait might be years or never.

I am aware of the " I just missed it" scenario.

I have been moving other pins around in my house today trying to make a hole.

Quoted from Pinkitten:

I bought my GB premium in August, 2017 new in the box for $7,200. I would pay $11 for one today if I didn’t still have mine. It’s the pin I’ve owned longer than any other, and I’ve had many pins come and go. It’s really a complete package in my opinion. Tremendous art package with endless eye candy. Put some Voodoo or Invisiglass on a GB and just stare at it. You don’t have to turn this pin on to enjoy owning it. The music, callouts (custom by Ernie Hudson and original movie quotes) and decent DMD animations (the very last Stern title produced with a DMD, except vaults) are solid and iconic. The playfield design is awesome imho. There are like 11 shots to keep track of, if you include the captive balls and other targets, all of which are nicely incorporated. The ramps are unique and a challenge. Finally, the code is terrific now that it’s finished, with 3 different ladders of modes, and several multiball and wizard modes. It’s a blast to mod too.
You have to add a couple airball protectors to GB, but yours should have those already. If I could only keep one pin from my collection, GB would get serious consideration.
Good luck either way!

Thank you.

Are there any gotchas I need to be aware of? I read about some guy having to change his play field. I am unsure of how much credence to place on that.

#10093 48 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

If I could only keep one pin from my collection, GB would get serious consideration.

I have played every pin in your collection save Johnny Mnemonic and Elvira and the Party Monsters. I would like to have more time on The Shadow. And my playing skills have improved to the point I would like another stab at BSD.

A friend of mine has EHOH and I like it a lot.

But the others are not my cup of tea. I would come and play for Fish Tales and Scared Stiff but would not want to own either.

#10094 48 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Good luck either way!

Well said! I feel the same way.

#10095 48 days ago
Quoted from njvc:

Oh, thanks! I’ve never “installed” code that way but will give it a try. Any suggestions on a memory card?

#10096 48 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have played every pin in your collection save Johnny Mnemonic and Elvira and the Party Monsters. I would like to have more time on The Shadow. And my playing skills have improved to the point I would like another stab at BSD.
But the others are not my cup of tea. I would come and play for Fish Tales and Scared Stiff but would not want to own either.

The Shadow blows BSD away. I still firmly believe it is one of the most undervalued games in existence (even with the price having risen in recent years).

#10097 48 days ago

Here is a picture of the GB I am most likely going to buy. The only mod on here I can research is the lighted Twinkie for $79.00 ! I am mostly clueless.

Are these mods the desirable mods? What mods make everybody's antenna quiver?

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 10.18.45 PM (resized).png

I see the mods available for this pin and realize I can buy the pin for $11K and spend another $2K on just mods. This pin is a mod maker's wet dream.

Stern made 500 LE's.

Anybody have production numbers on the Premium and Pro?

#10098 48 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Here is a picture of the GB I am most likely going to buy. The only mod on here I can research is the lighted Twinkie for $79.00 ! I am mostly clueless.
Are these mods the desirable mods? What mods make everybody's antenna quiver?
[quoted image]
I see the mods available for this pin and realize I can buy the pin for $11K and spend another $2K on just mods. This pin is a mod maker's wet dream.
Stern made 500 LE's.
Anybody have production numbers on the Premium and Pro?

In this picture there’s also a ecto 1 mod in it, might even have lights. I see the firehouse building mod on the left. There’s some kind of a ghost trap mod on the left sling. There’s slime on the spotlights and on slimmer. PKE mod in The back.

#10099 48 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That’s one of the great things about this hobby, there are hundreds of titles to try owning and trade or sell if they aren’t keepers for you. After a few years of buying and trading, most of these I have are keepers, I hope! I do miss a few that I’ve let go of. The Shadow is a fantastic pin, and it’s a rush getting to the wizard mode, which itself is intense and quite hard to complete. I sold my Shadow to a friend and later bought it back, correcting my mistake! BSD is a different game, perhaps a bit simpler, and without any real modes. It’s more about stacking the 3 multiballs for max jackpots. I love the atmosphere and simplicity of BSD. Same for FT, it’s pretty simple, but it’s one of the two hardest pins I own in terms of short ball times, along with EATPM. Both of them can give me trouble, and EATPM has no ball save either. JM is one of those “sleeper” pins that still feels underrated. If the glove is working well, it’s a very fun game with good rules and great ramps and spinner to rip. I just added a custom translite to mine…(see pic)

I love Scared Stiff. One of my very favorite pins. I’m very big on Totan and CV too! All 3 CGC pins are winners. So many great tables…

CD23E843-F048-4DDE-ADE4-17AF056FECAE (resized).jpeg
#10100 47 days ago

My Slimer is sensing hits from the back, but not the front. Switch test confirms this. What do I need to check or part do I need to find to fix this? From the switch test, it's sensing Slimer wheel 2 but not 1.

There are 10,479 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside