Topic Stats

• 9,020 posts
  • 728 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by cpr9999
  • Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,708 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E568AAF9-992C-4759-9EB6-6A103C43F049 (resized).jpeg
20210103_155327 (resized).jpg
E62D3A0D-6CB3-4F22-8BBF-1495E6AC1503 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20210114_235214477 (resized).jpg
A8BA14B2-038F-4494-BEBE-10E831DACC36 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
50FAD40F-1B49-4B9D-A315-9F06743691B7 (resized).jpeg
48EAD4DF-B9F4-465C-B53D-D2AB6A589B98 (resized).jpeg
6FA4CCC7-8CFE-45F7-B0F8-7A2E82FFB273 (resized).jpeg
14AD83D4-8805-495E-85D9-ECFBDE7DA3E5 (resized).jpeg
60D0B9EE-A8B2-44AD-B004-7F424F1866B8 (resized).jpeg
6E53267D-4B45-40A7-AC78-F6793B566B3C (resized).jpeg
5EAB581F-5E9F-4039-A33E-C1142A3F9DF0 (resized).jpeg
deadflipimage002 (resized).JPG
deadflipimage (resized).JPG
PXL_20210108_023301238 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9020 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 181.
#951 4 years ago

Picked up Monday afternoon. Only problem is all my friends are on vacation or tied up with other projects. Can't find anyone to help me get it into the basement!

image_(resized).jpeg

#952 4 years ago

Stand that thing upright, see the arrows.
Also the Side that says , truck from this side should be the side with the dolly on it and in your current case facing down .

But congratulations, wish I could help you out .

#953 4 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Stand that thing upright, see the arrows.
Also the Side that says , truck from this side should be the side with the dolly on it and in your current case facing down .
But congratulations, wish I could help you out .

Actually the sides that you're seeing have a big "DO NOT" right above. The dolly is on the correct side.

#954 4 years ago

My bad ...can't wait to get my Premium.
Enjoy !

#955 4 years ago

Officially a member. LE #52

image_(resized).jpeg

#956 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Officially a member. LE #52

Awesome! Happy for you. Got a Premium on order and would love for it to arrive this week as I am on vacation. Not gonna happen. At least I know of one GBLE in Georgia!

#957 4 years ago
Quoted from Tazmancat:

Awesome! Happy for you. Got a Premium on order and would love for it to arrive this week as I am on vacation. Not gonna happen. At least I know of one GBLE in Georgia!

There will be 3 GBLE in the Northern ATL!

#958 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

From the research I've done, no LED companies carry them. Stern is the only place using them. Comet is working on them, but not sure what the other companies are doing since I haven't asked them. Sounds like stern accidentally used a 12v bulb and you just need them to send you some 5v ones. Assuming I understand your situation correctly.

I know a few things about bulbs and I've never heard of a 5v bulb using a 89 socket...I've never even heard of a 5v "bulb" period, a 5v pcb board like Stern is using in their Spike games but that's it. Going to be interesting to hear what Cointaker finds out about this.

#959 4 years ago
Quoted from Tazmancat:

Wow! Gorgeous color and great price for that job. I assume you will be putting this on the GB Premium? You picked a great color for the art package. Would love to find someone local to Atlanta who could do that for me for a decent price.

Actually it's on a Pro, the color matches parts of the sky on Stern's art blades.

IMGA0600[1]_(resized).JPG

#960 4 years ago
Quoted from Tazmancat:

Question: Can the trim around the back glass be powder coated? Not sure if that is possible...

No the tl trim is plastic but the Krylon plastic paint might work.

#961 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Wow, $300 and you had to supply the metal as well? They should be happy with your business because they are charging enough. contact paul at virtruapin.net. He offers powdercoating with the hardware included for a much more reasonable price.

They charged me $100 for blasting and $200 for coating. It really pissed me off cuz I've done business with them on 4 jobs and never a problem until now. I'll take my business elsewhere no problem. I like to keep it local cuz I can see any problems when I pick up.

#962 4 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

You can buy a kit and do your own powder coating:
http://www.eastwood.com/hotcoat-powder-coating/powder-coat-guns.html
Go to craigslist and buy an old used oven - they're cheap - then rig it up in your garage and use it to cure the powder. There are a ton of different finishes and colors available.
Something to ponder anyway. Once you perfect it, there's no limit to what you can do. Actually there is; the size of the oven dictates the largest part you can cure.

I know people who had it and it's a messy business unless you have the proper spray booth and proper oven. I'll stick with the pros who do it for a living.

#963 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Meh. Put that leg on the back and fuggedaboutit

That's what I did.

#964 4 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Good to know, I've got some stuff I need to get coated.

There's a place over in Plymouth, can't remember their name, I've had some done there and they do good work but it's hard for me to get to that part of town TCP was straight up 35W so real easy for me.

#965 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

They charged me $100 for blasting and $200 for coating. It really pissed me off cuz I've done business with them on 4 jobs and never a problem until now. I'll take my business elsewhere no problem. I like to keep it local cuz I can see any problems when I pick up.

try paul, i think you will be happy. I paid around $350 for a 9 piece batman forever set, and that was with hardware included.

#966 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I know a few things about bulbs and I've never heard of a 5v bulb using a 89 socket...I've never even heard of a 5v "bulb" period

Neither had Comet until I showed them. They are a few months away from offering them. Same with nifty. Haven't talked to CT. Here is a 89 flasher from my GOT:

image_(resized).png

#967 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Actually it's on a Pro, the color matches parts of the sky on Stern's art blades.

A++ That really looks nice. Probably even nicer in person!

#968 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Neither had Comet until I showed them. They are a few months away from offering them. Same with nifty. Haven't talked to CT. Here is a 89 flasher from my GOT:

Well I'll be. My bulbs are not marked at all.

#969 4 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

A++ That really looks nice. Probably even nicer in person!

Oh you should see it in person. Just wait till I get the flashers under the custom apron cutouts on it with flashers under them.

#970 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just got off the phone with Melissa and she's sending me out the correct bulbs. I just wonder how Stern put the wrong bulbs in my game.

#971 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just got off the phone with Melissa and she's sending me out the correct bulbs. I just wonder how Stern put the wrong bulbs in my game.

Awesome. Do they have them for sale? I want to change up all the flashers in my GOT.

#972 4 years ago

Last time I talked to Melissa they only had red and white. I wanted to try a purple or blue under the large insert between the pops on GB.

#973 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's a great color choice! What is the color/brand? I'd like to check into having that done locally.

#974 4 years ago

Just got my LE in. Its my first NIB. Plays great

20160707_123752_(resized).jpg
20160707_130040_(resized).jpg
20160707_130233_(resized).jpg
20160707_131100_(resized).jpg
20160707_132342_(resized).jpg
20160707_132351_(resized).jpg
20160707_134418_(resized).jpg
20160707_134424_(resized).jpg
1467916087512-1950584869_(resized).jpg

#975 4 years ago

#142 is setup and playing ok. Need a bit more time to dial it in, but I need to get some work done.

I was a bit disappointed with spike and removing the head (which I need to do to get into my basement). I usually find it easier to remove the hinges at the head. With spike you can't because the power supply. There was also more connections than I was expecting. It was still one of the easiest modern games to get the head reconnected. Would still love to have a couple connectors in the cab to quickly pop out in one spot instead of needed to do it at the board. Was exited at first because there was one for the big bundle, but the smaller bundle no luck.

IMG_20160707_142805_(resized).jpg

#976 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You guys that have had the pro for a while. How's the gameplay standing up to home use?
I've played the pro on location four or five different occasions, and every time I walk away feeling like its a really fun game. Seriously considering this one...

I play mostly with myself and it isn't holding up too great. I think it's a much better head to head game with friends IMO. So factor that in.

#977 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Awesome. Do they have them for sale? I want to change up all the flashers in my GOT.

You'd have to ask her.

#978 4 years ago
Quoted from jtaudio:

That's a great color choice! What is the color/brand? I'd like to check into having that done locally.

Not sure what brand they used but it's a 2 coat process, Almost Chrome base with the Candy Raspberry tint top coat. I almost went with a sparkle silver base, it was a close call between the 2 but Almost Chrome won. This is what the sparkle silver looks like under a green, it's what I think Stern should have gone with on the GB LE. My BF wireforms are done with this and they looks awesome.

IMGA0340[1]_(resized).JPG

#979 4 years ago

Mine was delivered today #70 has a home

20160707_125204_(resized).jpg

20160707_145314_(resized).jpg

#980 4 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I was a bit disappointed with spike and removing the head (which I need to do to get into my basement). I usually find it easier to remove the hinges at the head. With spike you can't because the power supply.

I don't understand this. I just took off the hinges on my Pro and to do that all I had to do is remove 2 nuts that hold the service box cover to get at the 2 nuts holding the hinge on that side. The 2 nuts on the other side were off in about 30 seconds. The 1 bolt that holds the hinge to the cab on each side took me about 20 seconds each to take off. I didn't have to remove the head so I don't know how difficult that would be.

#982 4 years ago

awesome looking pin, can't wait for my pro.

#983 4 years ago

Anyone get crazy airballs off the bumper left of the high ramp? Mine hit it hard and fly around like crazy. They hit the glass, jump into the rail crossing the playfield, launch all the way over the left outlane metal rail. I am wondering if I can somehow tone it down a bit.

#984 4 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

Anyone get crazy airballs off the bumper left of the high ramp? Mine hit it hard and fly around like crazy. They hit the glass, jump into the rail crossing the playfield, launch all the way over the left outlane metal rail. I am wondering if I can somehow tone it down a bit.

You mean the target directly left of the ramp? If so yes. If you look at the metal flap it extends past the ramp entrance post. When a ball hit's the metal flap before striking the target it it fly into the air, as the ball is already airborne from the ramp flap. This is a VERY POOR design and probably my biggest complaint. I was able to get the flap flatter on the playfield by using a very small washer on the ramp screw.

Weird thing is in one of the videos the proto-type did not have an extended ramp flap like the one that it is shipped with.

A couple pics of my machine below, along with a screenshot of a prototype. Can you see the difference in lengths?

20160707_214839_(resized).jpg

20160707_214856_(resized).jpg

#985 4 years ago

A picture from the protype GB, different ramp flap.

1_(resized).png

#986 4 years ago

So, are all the playfields spelled correctly now?

#987 4 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

So, are all the playfields spelled correctly now?

On the LE yes. Can anyone confirm on Pros?

#988 4 years ago

Posted this in the other GB thread but: Number 25 in the house! I was worried that the game would be hard based on some reviews here and game play video I've seen but mine plays fine. I wonder if the hard games out there just weren't set up right or maybe too steep. Mine's at 6.5 for reference. Paperwork says to set it from 6.5 to 7.

#990 4 years ago

Has anyone gotten an word when Pros will start shipping again? This week my distro told me that Stern plans to be all caught up on orders and be shipping before the end of the month. That seems really optimistic to me. Looks like LEs are trickling in this week but haven't heard anything on when Pros will start up again.

#991 4 years ago

A the pace they are building shipping na gble games it looks like it will be awhile for premiums let alone pros,mabey things will speed up, one can only hope

#992 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I don't understand this. I just took off the hinges on my Pro and to do that all I had to do is remove 2 nuts that hold the service box cover to get at the 2 nuts holding the hinge on that side

Cool, easier than I thought. I wasn't about to take the service cover off the power supply when disconnecting at the cabinet is easy enough. Guess I will try that approach with Iron Maiden.

Still disappointed that they didn't design removing the head as a first class cooperation for people with bad stairs and small cars.

#993 4 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

You mean the target directly left of the ramp? If so yes. If you look at the metal flap it extends past the ramp entrance post. When a ball hit's the metal flap before striking the target it it fly into the air, as the ball is already airborne from the ramp flap. This is a VERY POOR design and probably my biggest complaint. I was able to get the flap flatter on the playfield by using a very small washer on the ramp screw.

Yes, this is exactly my issue, If you miss the ramp shot it's just madness and i'm worried about long term damage to plastics, etc. Ok I will have a look and see if I can get my ramp flatter. As you can see the corner is enough to really throw the ball. I wonder is there is a way to create a mod with either a shorter ramp flap or perhaps even a angled roof flap that will hang over the target stopping the ball from taking flight. I hope we see something soon. This is really the only thing grinding my gears on the machine. I think the difficulty level is a good thing and have no issue with the gap. It's just a different game, which is what I want. Not another skin on what I have.

20160708_110547_(resized).jpg

#994 4 years ago

Why is my ramp different than yours? Is that an LE?

#995 4 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

Why is my ramp different than yours? Is that an LE?

It appears to be an LE ramp.

I just don't get how a Pinball company that has designed pinball machines for years, can not figure out that a ramp flap that extends in front of the ramp will create air balls. Either they dont give a shit about are balls, or they are all a bunch of idiots.

I would think the design software should have a red flag in it for this reason an not allow the flap to extend past the ramp.

This is the same reason TWD Prem/LE airballs the left ramp. IDIOTS I SAY IDIOTS!

#996 4 years ago

Got notification that my pro is shipping next week! Will be officially in the club soon.

#997 4 years ago

I'm finally official. Pics later. LE #67 has landed.

LE67_(resized).jpg

#998 4 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm finally official. Pics later. LE #67 has landed.

I expect a full report , with magna slings input .
Congratulations!

#999 4 years ago

Loving my LE so far!
I've only had one issue with my LE. If I shoot the main ramp and it doesn't make it out the exit you can see it rolling back and forth in the subway. Eventually it will fall sideways into the lock shot but if it takes to long to do that the game freezes up then the screen says resetting and the whole game resets.
Anyone else having this issue?

#1000 4 years ago

So it look like about 7-10 le games have been shipped to USA customers so far and these have been in the line for weeks ,

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
There are 9020 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 181.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside