IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

303 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mustangpaul. You are on page 1 of 2.
#81 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

still on the fence, might be in on a pro... and put MY license plate on it, lol.

Sounds like a great idea Bob.

#82 8 years ago

Pro on order.....or should I say Promium by the time I'm done with it.

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I have a hard time visualizing add-on trim. What color would you do?
Pink, light blue. Maybe white? I would probably lean chrome if I was going to add custom armor.
The really knocked the art out of the park on all the cabinet version.

I think I'm gonna go with Candy Raspberry armor and apron.

final_pi_Candy_Raspberry_PPB-5935_(resized).jpgfinal_pi_Candy_Raspberry_PPB-5935_(resized).jpg

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

minus the subway, left flipper feed and many other features. You can do up a Toyota all you want but it will never be a lexus

Oh that's pretty harsh....calling a Pro a Toyota. But at least it will be a pretty Toyota.

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

waiting for Pinball Refinery Premium Numero UNO

But it will still be a "Toyota"....according to some people here.

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Safe bet on this one!

It was a safe bet with my Mustang Pro too. I LOVE that game. GB Pro will be my 2nd NIB game so I think I'll be 2 for 2.

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Mezelmods game is in the house! I have one with the misspelled insert!

Ohhhhh, you got a collectable one. We should start a tally of who gets a misspelled and who doesn't. It would be interesting to know.

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

No his is a done up premium it has all the features unlike your so call Promium. the pinball refinery premiums are amazing!!!

Oh I thought it was a Pro.

Quoted from Mitch:

plus Toyota are one of the most reliable cars with the best resale so what's the problem.

That's why my Mustang Pro has been perfect since I unboxed it.

#199 7 years ago

I just read that we had 400 people go through the door at the MPLS release party. WOW!!!

#201 7 years ago

Oh man, at times people were standing shoulder to shoulder talkin and drinkin but they were still able to play the games. At one time I saw 15 waiting to play the 2 GB's. Everyone got to play all the games and Hobbit was a hit too. I wish we could have parties like that more often.

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

lots of others were content just being there, talking and taking it all in.

That was me, but I did get in a 4 player game on Hobbit.

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

What did you think of TH?

This is a GB thread so I'll just say if I had 9k I'd buy one.

#233 7 years ago

But it could be a chore to find Pro related posts mixed in with the Premium and LE posts and vice versa.

#268 7 years ago
Quoted from policano:

Redid some LEDs on mine.

Man you just did a purple/pink wash out of all that great art. Me no likey.

#280 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The open space in the back of the Pro was a great fit!

I see you wrapped the slimer rod arm in el wire, looks nice.

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The view from the front of the machine. ZUUL fits right in.

Hey Frank are your side blades the ones Stern sells for the game?

#294 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hey Paul, the blades I have on my game are the Tilt graphics gameblades. They are a graphic print. Easy on and easy off no screws... It is a nice product.

Thanks Frank.

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

You could have just checked Amazon and saved that gas money...
amazon.com link »

40 BUCKS. to get that one plastic.

#316 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

do we have the usual right or left flipper buzz and chatter when held like older Sterns? I thought somehow they caught up with WMS from 20 years ago and finally had dual wound coils?

I was told that it has dual wound coils.

#364 7 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Replaced the noisy spike fan. Made a video.
Direct link to the comparison at the end, watch the whole video for more info.
» YouTube video

Do they make one at 3000rpm?

#428 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Kids should be able to squeeze in betwixed games no?

Yeah....with big belt buckles on their belts.

#430 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The switch move thing is a brain killer. Now that I've finally gotten used to it, DAMMIT, the other night I reached for the backbox corner to turn on my Metallica. Dammit!

Try throwing in a Pin 2000 game too. I'll have all 3 different switches to contend with.

1 week later
#560 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

$500 safe in my pocket.

Same here...but I'm gonna actually spend it on powder coating, LE apron and other stuff.

#581 7 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

My lasercut siderails came in today. Just need to powdercoat all my hardware in fluorescent. Will show when ready

Green?

#588 7 years ago

Here's my $25 total topper, I'm cheap, a little over the top but so is the artwork of the game. My room is black light so I painted the teeth and whites of the eyes bl reactive so they light up.

IMGA0431[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0431[1]_(resized).JPG

#590 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

MustangPaul that slimer looks cool. How big is it? Where did you find it?

Got it from mypartyshirt.com, $15.93 shipped. Size 15x15 inches. It can be found on page 3 on their site. In my picture it's lit up from behind by the sun. I painted a board flat black and painted it white where it mounts and lit it with 4 white led strips. They also have a GB sign on page 1, same size and same price. I've been thinking about getting that one too and lighting it up the same way as the other one.

IMGA0505[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0505[1]_(resized).JPG

#593 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Thanks for the mypartyshirt tip. I took the plunge on both Slimer and the GB logo since it was only showing a few left of each.

Your very welcome. I mounted mine a a piece of enamel painted 1/2 inch ACX plywood. It was kind of a pain to mount it.

#596 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

$25? they were 9.99 on amazon and ebay.

Total man TOTAL! Shipping, leds, wood, paint, tax.

#607 7 years ago

I'm in the club, picked up my Pro at our 3rd Annual Pinball BBQ. It's almost new, by the end of the night it had a couple hundred games on it. Now the nodding begins, first to go on were my red Leg Light_ups and beatmasters red shooter housing light up. Everyone there said they looked great on the game. One thing I noticed were the balls in the game, they looked and felt like Pinballlife's Oh So Shiny balls so I'm leaving them in. I've got the parts for another custom mod, I hope I can make it work cuz I've never seen or heard of anything like what I'm attempting to do. Keeping my fingers crossed. Oh and high score for the evening was a bit over 200mil.

#613 7 years ago

Here's my pro at the Pinball BBQ yesterday with my red LED Leg Light-Ups and beatmasters red Shooter Housing Light-Up on it.

Red_GB_Light-Ups_2_(resized).jpgRed_GB_Light-Ups_2_(resized).jpg

Red_leg_Light_ups_3_(resized).jpgRed_leg_Light_ups_3_(resized).jpg

#657 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The game calms down big time after a breaking in period. Games that have seen more play see WAY less ball jumping over the return lanes.

All new games play fast, the same as when ya wax a game plays fast then settles down as you play it.

#658 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

In preperation for my Premium I decided to pull the trigger and purchase a few MODS now. However, I question the need for certain MODS when Stern hasn't even sent out any Prems yet.

Have you considered my Leg Light-Ups?

#660 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

Yes, I will be ordering them for sure just not sure if I'll get 1 or 2 sets. Plus I've already spent almost $400 on a game I don't even have yet.

OK sounds good. I bought a bunch of stuff for mine before I got it too so your not alone and I have the expensive stuff yet to buy.

#663 7 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Paul, do you think you can make slimer green as opposed to typical LED green?

The green in my pictures is as close as I can get. I think it looks good.

#686 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

Where did you get those. They look great!

That German company, Pinball Center. 89 euros so with shipping about $150

#689 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

Looks like we have another case of needing a US supplier to start offering them. Those are sweet but I doubt many people would pay to ship individually.

Yeah the shipping kills it for me too as does buying anything from them really. Can't fault them though, they are just to far away for us in the US. Nice for the guys in Europe though. Funny no one over here offers them.

#727 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

yeah, that giant ugly piece of plastic that is trying to add a center post. Terrible horrible no good very bad

Do you really not like it.

#730 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I just noticed the center post bracket is made from acrylic!!!! Do some research and use polycarbonate. Acrylic is brittle in comparison. When I home make one I use poly, they use it in industry fo machine guards, bullet proof, and cold form it. I would have a hard time paying for special peices made out of acrylic.
Sorry for the rant but just floored about material choice.
Fortytwo

Probably their rip off.......I mean profit margin wasn't big enough using the good stuff.

#762 7 years ago

Do the ribbed bats use the standard 1/2 inch wide rubbers?

#788 7 years ago

I think my GB Pro likes me. What a rush when you hit the right ramp SOLID and the ball goes all the way up the ramp to the 3rd switch and comes FLYING back down...did it twice too. Didn't have a single out lane hop over too. This was only about my 30th game too.

IMGA0539[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0539[1]_(resized).JPG

#790 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Seriously, that's a super satisfying shot. I have an LE coming, and its right ramp is great, but it lacks that same rush.

Yes it is when you nail it not just dribble it up to the first or second switch. It rebounded off that back gate so hard it shot back down. What a RUSH.

#791 7 years ago

Question...are the only tapable 12v flashers the 2 Ghost Trap flashers on the pf back board, I "think" so. I want to put flashers under the 2 cutouts on my LE style apron. I have 2 custom mini "translights" to put in the cutouts and I want to light them up somehow. Any suggestions on another way to light them up with flashers? These Spike games don't have very many options I'm finding. Thanks

#795 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Flashers are now 5.5v.

Well what are they using in those 2, 89 sockets on the back board, are they running 12v bulbs on 5.5v?

#810 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Has anyone replaced the head T-Molding to a different color? Was it easy to replace?

Yes I did, very easy. When you take off the old molding make sure the channel is clean, pay attention to where the old molding is notched and use a rubber hammer to tap it in as you go.

IMGA0510[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0510[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0511[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0511[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0521[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0521[1]_(resized).JPG

#814 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Does that change with the mode lights? I'd give that a try if it did.

No they don't but they do fade and flash but the controler isn't very good so they don't fade very nicely. They do have 5 or 6 different brightness level's which is nice.

Quoted from golfingdad1:

Paul , where did you get those T-Molding led strips ?

The T molding comes from T-molding.com and the RGB strips and just plain RGB non waterproof strips you slide into a channel in the molding. $4 per foot with a minimum of 15ft, each side is a bit over 6ft. I just wish the molding was more frosted to get rid of more of the led hot spotting. They sell the RGB strips and controler but you can find them way cheaper on ebay....like half the price with free shipping.

#822 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yes, go for the GHOST target while the ball save is still on, then pound the Slimer as quickly as possible. It is possible to do all this and get the first modes flashing all while ball save is still active. Learn to backhand the right loop from a trap on the right flipper. Learn to post pass from left to right to set up the ramp shot. Practice the left scoop shot. It is a difficult shot but possibly the most important shot in the game.

So it is a matter of "play better".

#824 7 years ago

I just installed a color changing RGB strip in my shooter lane. It lights it up really nice.

IMGA0563[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0563[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0564[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0564[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0565[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0565[1]_(resized).JPG

#826 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'd think that would be blinding and have a lot of glare off the glass. I usually do my best to reduce the light coming from the backbox in every way possible.

On the lowest brightness setting it's not a problem at all, the tl reflection on the glass is what's REALLY bad on this game. The reflection of the lit T molding is way off to the sides on the glass, where the black of the cab sides are so it's not on the pf at all. Will PDI glass get rid of the tl reflection on the glass?

#829 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

no, PDI glass doesn't really get rid of any glare. It reduces it, but you still have about 30% still there. To reduce backbox glare. I use the LED backbox panels and have the whites on the adjustable section. So I can lower the brightness of the backbox. Then I reduce it about 80%. most people can't even tell that it's that low, and the backbox glare is almost gone. Even on transformers, which usually has a dark playfield and terrible translite glare.

Quoted from lapean111:

I put duct tape over the fluorescent bulb as a diffuser. Works perfectly to get rid of the glare.

But this is a Spike game with those killer bright leds in the bb. Is there a menu setting to turn them down?

#831 7 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I use LED backbox panels in my older Sterns with a blanking circuit that turns off the backbox lighting when you start a game.
I wish Stern would put a menu setting where you could turn off or drastically dim (user selectable) the Spike LEDs when you start a game. Could be as simple as "Backbox level when in game" set from 0-100%

I've got those dimming panels in a couple games and like how they dim when you start a game.

I wish they would do that for the bb lighting also, it really wipes out the view of the upper 1/3 of the pf on GB.

#833 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Standard adjustment # 65 allows you to set the % of bb brightness. I agree it would be nice for the game start to auto dim the bb leds.

Oh man thanks much for the info. I've got sooooo much to learn on this game.

#835 7 years ago

Got my Stern art blades on and they look GREAT! But let me tell you the backing is SUPER sticky and once they're down their DOWN....no second chances.

IMGA0566[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0566[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0567[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0567[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0568[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0568[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0569[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0569[1]_(resized).JPG

#837 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Did you remove the playfield to install them?

Stood it up inside the cab and my friend held it while I put them on. You actually have to line them up, up and down and sideways by using the bb hinge bolt holes on the sides of the cab as your starting point.

#843 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Get them lined up with the backing on, tape them in place, and then peel the backing and move slowly as you stick it down.

Yup that's the way to do it, they go on super easy that way. That's the way to put mylar down on a pf too or any sticker for that matter.

#875 7 years ago

Got my Speakerlightkits installed today, took about 20 minutes. I mounted the lights first then the grill then the speaker. I did it that way cuz I have GB key fob pieces stuck on to the grill so the lights light them up. Looks great. The key fobs give it a nice 3d effect when lit from the front or should I say sides.

IMGA0577[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0577[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0578[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0578[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0579[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0579[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0580[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0580[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0581[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0581[1]_(resized).JPG

#877 7 years ago

Just think how good it will look when there's a ColorDMD sitting between those speaker lights!

Oh mannnnnnnnnn.

#881 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Put it in now with the SIGMA code and you can make it green

I want to but I didn't see it on their site for Spike.

#908 7 years ago

Hey guys, my Ghost Trap mini domes on the backboard don't flash bright at all, they have 8 led standard 12v bulbs in them but they hardly light up at all, in fact only 2 of the 8 leds on the bulb light up dimly at all. In the menu the flasher settings only has dim and normal for settings. I tried different bulbs and no change. They use flashers on pc's everywhere else in the game so why not here? Are yours that dim also? I was hoping they were 12v cuz I'd wanted to tie into them for a flasher mod, now I can't. Thanks Stern.

#911 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

?!? all Ghostbusters Leds % flashers are now 5Volt not longer 12 V
i think this is the same at all spike machines

All the other flashers on the game are the 5v pcb type, only the 2 under the mini domes have 12v sockets and bulbs.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Right so maybe his domes had 12v ones installed by mistake? Would that cause them to be dim? Put one of the other flashers from the game in those sockets and make sure they say 5v on them.

Mine was a first run game but I don't see how Stern could make a mistake like that. There's no way to put another flasher in the sockets, the pcb's have no socket. LOL

Could another Pro owner check theirs and post here?

#914 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You guys that have had the pro for a while. How's the gameplay standing up to home use?
I've played the pro on location four or five different occasions, and every time I walk away feeling like its a really fun game. Seriously considering this one...

I've had mine for a little over a month and love it and am having a great time blinging it out. It's not going anywhere.

#922 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

If that's how you do it great! @CaptainNeo
For the guys that like to jump right in on MODS more power to them!!!?

At least the mods I make do something and it's fun thinking of a way to make something actually work.Llike my leg light-ups or making my frosted clear repro Batman Forever shooter gun light up or getting the Bat plane to light up of making the Mustang Gears plastic light up. At least I'm not gluing action figures all over the pf that just sit there and do nothing. Pinball has something for everyone.

#925 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Paul you always do a great job! I am very happy with my Leg Light-ups you sold me on my WOZ..
Keep up the great work !!

Thanks Frank and your game looks FANTASTIC. They are the culmination of 2 and half months of design work.

#926 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

To each their own, I suppose... but personally, I like having fun and modding my games BEFORE I get bored with them. I don't see why it's a big deal if someone is excited about their new game and wants to dig in with mods (many of which won't be available forever) WHILE they're immersing themself in what the game has to offer.
*posted while both walking AND chewing gum*

Yeah I don't get it either Dave.

"Step on a crack break your mothers back" so be careful walking AND chewing gum.

#927 7 years ago

Can someone look behind the pf back board and see if they have 89 sockets behind the Ghost Trap plastic? That's what I have and they really don't light up at all.

Thanks

#933 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I don't think anyone out there would put mods before there games! I believe most are so proud and are haveing such a great time and experience with the games that the MODS become a personal expression!
I think MODS a great! What ever MOD makes each owner happy! That's all that matters

Exactly.

#936 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Hello. Just a quick note. The socket does not determine the voltage. There is no standard etc. look at the lower playfeild lights on black hole. So yes a socket that will fit a 89 can take multiple voltages. Just depends on the bulb required.
Ba15s base bulb.

Yes I know that but my sockets have 89 bulbs in them so with only 5v going in they really don't light up. I have a wall wort power supply that's switchable, 3, 4.5, 6, 7.5, 9 and 12v, I tested the bulbs that were in the sockets and they are 12v but when powered to 4.5v, which is only half a volt short of 5v only 2 of the 8 smd in the bulb faintly lit and 6v isn't much better. So yes I have 89 sockets but only 5v is being supplied to them which will not light a 12v 89 bulb. I am not aware of a 89 socketed bulb the runs on 5v so please let me know where I can buy some. Why would stern do that to my game. I've seen vids of other Pros and all show bright flashing Ghost Trap flashers. I contacted my distributor and they are talking to Stern.

#937 7 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Thanks to another pinsider I'm now in the GB club, great pin so far I think its going to take me a month to start all the modes.

Congrats.

#938 7 years ago

Got my Candy Raspberry coated armor today and the color looks great on the game. But I need to find another coater cuz one part of a leg didn't turn out well and the coater said "there's nothing I can do about it, it's a flaw in the metal or something, I can redo it but I can't guarantee it will turn out better, there's no money in this kind of job for me so I don't want any more of your business". So I payed them their $300 for my parts and got the fuck out. Any one local DO NOT go to Twin City Powder Coating.

IMGA0595[2]_(resized).JPGIMGA0595[2]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0597[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0597[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0598[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0598[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0601[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0601[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0602[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0602[1]_(resized).JPG

#958 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

From the research I've done, no LED companies carry them. Stern is the only place using them. Comet is working on them, but not sure what the other companies are doing since I haven't asked them. Sounds like stern accidentally used a 12v bulb and you just need them to send you some 5v ones. Assuming I understand your situation correctly.

I know a few things about bulbs and I've never heard of a 5v bulb using a 89 socket...I've never even heard of a 5v "bulb" period, a 5v pcb board like Stern is using in their Spike games but that's it. Going to be interesting to hear what Cointaker finds out about this.

#959 7 years ago
Quoted from Tazmancat:

Wow! Gorgeous color and great price for that job. I assume you will be putting this on the GB Premium? You picked a great color for the art package. Would love to find someone local to Atlanta who could do that for me for a decent price.

Actually it's on a Pro, the color matches parts of the sky on Stern's art blades.

IMGA0600[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0600[1]_(resized).JPG

#960 7 years ago
Quoted from Tazmancat:

Question: Can the trim around the back glass be powder coated? Not sure if that is possible...

No the tl trim is plastic but the Krylon plastic paint might work.

#961 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Wow, $300 and you had to supply the metal as well? They should be happy with your business because they are charging enough. contact paul at virtruapin.net. He offers powdercoating with the hardware included for a much more reasonable price.

They charged me $100 for blasting and $200 for coating. It really pissed me off cuz I've done business with them on 4 jobs and never a problem until now. I'll take my business elsewhere no problem. I like to keep it local cuz I can see any problems when I pick up.

#962 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

You can buy a kit and do your own powder coating:
http://www.eastwood.com/hotcoat-powder-coating/powder-coat-guns.html
Go to craigslist and buy an old used oven - they're cheap - then rig it up in your garage and use it to cure the powder. There are a ton of different finishes and colors available.
Something to ponder anyway. Once you perfect it, there's no limit to what you can do. Actually there is; the size of the oven dictates the largest part you can cure.

I know people who had it and it's a messy business unless you have the proper spray booth and proper oven. I'll stick with the pros who do it for a living.

#963 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Meh. Put that leg on the back and fuggedaboutit

That's what I did.

#964 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Good to know, I've got some stuff I need to get coated.

There's a place over in Plymouth, can't remember their name, I've had some done there and they do good work but it's hard for me to get to that part of town TCP was straight up 35W so real easy for me.

#968 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Neither had Comet until I showed them. They are a few months away from offering them. Same with nifty. Haven't talked to CT. Here is a 89 flasher from my GOT:

Well I'll be. My bulbs are not marked at all.

#969 7 years ago

A++ That really looks nice. Probably even nicer in person!

Oh you should see it in person. Just wait till I get the flashers under the custom apron cutouts on it with flashers under them.

#970 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Neither had Comet until I showed them. They are a few months away from offering them. Same with nifty. Haven't talked to CT. Here is a 89 flasher from my GOT:

I just got off the phone with Melissa and she's sending me out the correct bulbs. I just wonder how Stern put the wrong bulbs in my game.

#977 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Awesome. Do they have them for sale? I want to change up all the flashers in my GOT.

You'd have to ask her.

#978 7 years ago
Quoted from jtaudio:

That's a great color choice! What is the color/brand? I'd like to check into having that done locally.

Not sure what brand they used but it's a 2 coat process, Almost Chrome base with the Candy Raspberry tint top coat. I almost went with a sparkle silver base, it was a close call between the 2 but Almost Chrome won. This is what the sparkle silver looks like under a green, it's what I think Stern should have gone with on the GB LE. My BF wireforms are done with this and they looks awesome.

IMGA0340[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0340[1]_(resized).JPG

#980 7 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I was a bit disappointed with spike and removing the head (which I need to do to get into my basement). I usually find it easier to remove the hinges at the head. With spike you can't because the power supply.

I don't understand this. I just took off the hinges on my Pro and to do that all I had to do is remove 2 nuts that hold the service box cover to get at the 2 nuts holding the hinge on that side. The 2 nuts on the other side were off in about 30 seconds. The 1 bolt that holds the hinge to the cab on each side took me about 20 seconds each to take off. I didn't have to remove the head so I don't know how difficult that would be.

#1007 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

So it look like about 7-10 le games have been shipped to USA customers so far and these have been in the line for weeks ,

Well if they aint got parts....

#1008 7 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

#24 unboxing with assistance of my helper.

Who got first game?

#1033 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I just measured the t mouldings on my METLE and it is just over 9 feet with the corner overlaps so an order of 20' should easy do two games. Or is the head for GBLE different dimensions?

Yes they are different, my GB Pro is 6ft for each side so I had to buy 15ft of the clear that I put the rgb led strip into.

IMGA0516[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0516[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0515[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0515[1]_(resized).JPG

#1042 7 years ago

The only plaque where numbers really mean anything are the ones on the Refineries games.

#1065 7 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Wow that's cutting it close but should be o.k. I measure 86" now and I have to drywall and put in thin flooring but should fit. My Addams Family with topper measures at about 83" so this one will be very close. I'm super excited to get the game and play it like crazy.

Looks like a good reason to go with a black painted exposed ceiling and if your games are lined up in line with your floor joists above you'd have what another 8-10 inches more to play with. I have 12 of my 14 games like that and it really makes a difference.

#1084 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Put in art blades and speaker lights. They both look great!

Those are 2 nice additions, I have them too.

#1096 7 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

At PAGG, some people were talking about cutting up plastic milk jugs to make diffusers for overly-bright LEDs in Spike games.

I did that behind the left side targets on my Getaway and it works great for that too.

#1101 7 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Just got notification that my GB Pro from Cointaker left Sunbury, PA tonight at 4:30pm. Hopefully I can pick it up in Syracuse tomorrow morning. A fellow collector in Buffalo had his GB Pro arrived today from a different distributor, so Pro machines are shipping again at the same time as the LEs.

Just shows ya that Stern can crank out the games when they want to.

#1144 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Thought I would share this simple adjustment that has reduced the airballs off the 2X playfield values target. I replaced the stock foam behind the target with a thicker one. Easy asjustment. This is in an LE, not sure if it is necessary on a Pro.

How do they register now?

#1153 7 years ago

Got the left side custom printed cutout for my LE apron that's on my Pro cut out. Gonna do the right side tomorrow and make 2 clear plastic windows to go over them, then I just have to wait for my 5v flashers and sockets to arrive and wire them up to the Ghost Trap flashers on the pf back board. Gonna look really cool.

IMGA0629[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0629[1]_(resized).JPG

#1158 7 years ago

Hi guys, I just finished the inserts on the LE apron I have on my Pro. Now just waiting for my 5v flashers from CT to light them up, they will be tied into the Ghost Trap on the pf back board. They turned out pretty good if ya ask me. The last picture is back lit by the sun. Now I just need some kick ass cards, but I really don't want instruction cards just cards with great pictures.

IMGA0630[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0630[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0631[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0631[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0632[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0632[1]_(resized).JPG

#1183 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

2. Increase the pitch of the playfield. I started at exactly 6.5 degrees. I feel the airballs reduced and it played better overall at a bit steeper pitch. It was curious because the bubble that is on the side rail is true much closer to 7 degrees. So I made it a bit more steep.

I have mine at 7.1 and that cut down the air balls.

#1185 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Here's a before and after with Stern's plastic sling protectors. I went with the green ones. I'm not sure how much I like them, but they do diffuse the sling lights and cause the area in the slings to glow green. Kind of a neat effect there. I also put on some Perfect Play silicon bands, but I'm not sure if I like the extra grip. I thought they were supposed to be pretty close to regular rubber. I might go back to standard rubber.

I don't care for the way they mess with the purple color of the original plastics and I wish the ghosts lit up fully, they only half light up. I may have to do something about that.

#1203 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Keychain for my keys. Obvious choice here.

That's what I used for both my speaker lights openings. It looks really cool when it's on the grill and the lights are in front of the grill.

IMGA0581[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0581[1]_(resized).JPG

#1206 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Animations are awesome on that one

This is gonna make one kick ass Color DMD.

#1229 7 years ago
Quoted from JDD:

Even the FLASHERS are new 5V type and I cointaker doesn't have color choices for those yet.

They have white and red.....I just bought some. I wish Comet would hurry up and get some colors.

#1278 7 years ago

I just wired up the flashers under the evil Slimer LE apron cutouts. They are hooked up to the Ghost Trap flashers on the pf back board. They work perfect and light up just right. Now I need some custom pictures to replace the rules cards.

IMGA0645[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0645[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0646[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0646[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0638[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0638[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0639[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0639[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0642[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0642[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0644[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0644[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0643[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0643[1]_(resized).JPG

#1302 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Don't forget to buy your assortment of GB t-shirts.
amazon.com link »

No way.

#1329 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes sir. That and I don't feel like moving 20 games to a new house haha. I'm picking up a nice odds and evens from my uncle later this summer and that will be it.
Pretty excited to hopefully find a badass basement to make a proper game room.

How big a game room ya lookin for?

#1355 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Mylar doesnt help with the wood pushing down away from the clear. The ball ejects so hard into the lane the wood dents in really qickly and the clear can only bend so far until it separates from the wood.

Why can't Stern design a soft eject mech?

#1374 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Joined the club. Picked up a GB Pro with pink armor yesterday. Great game!

Oh you got that one. Nice.

#1375 7 years ago
Quoted from Silver:

Finally, LE number 176 arrived today. So far, very impressed. Seems a great, fun game.

Great, now do us a favor and turn the shaker off and leave it off for a month and see if insert ghosting happens. We have been talking that that may be one of the causes. Thanks.

#1383 7 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Looks like I may be leaving the club as fast as I joined it. I sold my STTNG to buy a GB Pro because my wife and kids never played it. They all loved the theme and were excited for GB. The wife told me last night that she absolutely hates the game because of the flipper gap, how much the ball jumps all over, and a the way the modes work. While I love the game myself, her concerns are valid and some of those issues aren't going to change.

Bummer but you have to listen to others who play it.

#1386 7 years ago
Quoted from sdup4fun:

So exactly one week into owning my LE and it has been playing fine. Tonight I go to turn it on and all that happens is the display says Stern Pinball and nothing happens. There are a couple of red lights on inside the cabinet when I open the coin door but beyond that zippo. Anyone have thoughts on how to troubleshoot this or should I just get the local dealer to come out and repair it for me under warranty? Any help would be appreciated.

Call the local dealer, when he comes out have him explain what's wrong. It's under warranty.

1 month later
#1511 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

That center post is for pu__ys! Shake that $h!t n grind it out!
Why don't u just set it to 5 balls....cause it cheating?

Tell that to all the people who are putting in $1 a game. I've seen people put a dollar in, the game lasts 30 seconds and they say F that shit and walk away.

#1528 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

WOOT! just got my Ghostbusters PRO delivered yesterday!
just to chime in on the tally of defects and imperfections people have been reporting:
My playfield has no insert issues at all. The Slimer registers his hits just fine right out of the box. All the other switches, lights etc work as intended. In short, the game was in perfect working order.
I will say that the Airballs are a major problem. Those two ramp targets might as well be launch pads. I'm ordering that guard imediately!
Highscore my first day was 290 million. looking forward to some of the higher modes once I get more practice in.
Oh, one question. When I launch the ball the diverter on the ramp above the shooter lane 'shifts' a bit. Like its being slightly activated, then it relaxes once the ball passes it. Is this normal behavior anyone else has noticed?

Welcome aboard.

1 week later
#1552 7 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Hmm actually mine are wrap around. The side wrap and the front is a separate piece. Are they shipping them now as 3 pieces with no overlap?

My Pro is a first run and it has the same wrap around.

1 week later
#1643 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Ok, these airballs are out of control. Took my protector off to tweak it a bit and..

You gonna raise hell with Stern?

#1678 7 years ago

The ball came down the pf really fast so I smacked it with the left flipper and it went screaming up here,
IMGA0790[1] (resized).JPGIMGA0790[1] (resized).JPG

only to hop the plastic and come to rest here.
IMGA0789[1] (resized).JPGIMGA0789[1] (resized).JPG

It all happened in the blink of an eye. Damn this game can be fast.

#1710 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

One person only, so far, has reported an airball breaking their Goggle's.

I thought it was 2.

#1717 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

First picture is from August 10th, 2nd picture from today October 3rd. 5 ghosted inserts and not slowing down at all. April build date.

Does the insert feel flat?

#1722 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

No there sunk in. On one of these ghostbusters threads i showed a metal flat ruler with a flashlight behind it on the playfield over top of one of my ghosted inserts and you could see the insert i was showing was sunk.

Wow!!

#1725 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Hell Yeah! Stacked SFMB with PKE into MHMB. Had all the modes beat but 2, ballroom and staypuft.

I aint gonna play you for money that's for sure.

#1734 7 years ago

WELL! You've had it for 5 hours so let's see it already!!

#1752 7 years ago

How do you increase the volume of just the backbox speakers?

#1779 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I'm waiting for my game. I built a custom topper but want to mount it to the wall because of weight etc. my game is coming soon but I want to get this done before.
Can someone measure the tallest point in their game and also how much adjustment on the legs left to go up?
Thanks
FortyTwo

With the back legs set for a 7.1 pitch the back of the bb is 75 3/4 inches tall.

#1786 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The update is buggy. Stuff I've seen so far:
- Certain awards collected by pops not being awarded
- Some skill shot awards not being awarded (video mode and Tobin's) if a mode is lit despite the DMD saying it will be
- Ball saver light comes on at random/wrong times
- E rollover light in P-K-E flickers throughout the game randomly
- Right orbit isn't always progressing mode on a made shot, but it's registering the shot (switch is fine)
- Apparently it crashes in video modes (I haven't seen it firsthand)
- Wrong insert colors on The Ballroom
- Timing is sometimes off on kickout sounds from scoops
Testing on this had to have been minimal.

It's a good thing that I NEVER install an update when it first comes out, I wait till I read that it's working good.

#1789 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I picked up a "used" pro yesterday , when i got home it only had 50 plays on it!!
This game is so much fun, and it was cool of Stern to release the new code for me.

Welcome to the club. Any ghosting of the inserts?

#1790 7 years ago

Can anyone tell me if the volume of the bb speakers can be turned up seperatly from the cab speaker?

#1800 7 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Paul, I believe there are setting in Utilities for relative volume control. I know you can adjust the headphone volume, bass and treble, etc in there.

Thanks, I'll take another look.

#1810 7 years ago

Man what's with these shipping companies. Your good to go now.

2 weeks later
#1817 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Looks nice anyway I could talk you in to posting a pic of the sides

I'll try but my camera isn't very good. here's one I have at the moment with 4 of my red Leg Light-Ups on it. The pc raspberry matches the sky of the Stern art blades perfectly.

IMGA0669[1] (resized).JPGIMGA0669[1] (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1833 7 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Thanks for the video link Trekkie. I checked out my LE#470. It does not have that white plastic there. The leads on the flasher do have a piece of tape covering them up. Do you all think that is sufficient protection?
Edit: I thought about it a few more minutes and decided it would be safest to go ahead and install a piece of double sided tape there, as Todd did in the video. Better safe than sorry!

Yup I just did that to my Pro, nothing was covering it. better safe then sorry. Thanks much Trekkie for the link.

1 week later
#1842 7 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

A bit premature as we just tore up the carpets for wood (messy), but I thought some may get a kick out of the Vigo wall I'm making for GB (WIP). He's behind the faux brick and the framing adds to the appearance of depth. I assume most would think this is a crazy thing to do in their house :p (perhaps not on this forum ). Interestingly enough, I initially got the Vigo print years before a GB pin was announced (thought I'd have it in a theater room, but never installed it). Never thought it would end up near a pin (I wasn't even into the hobby at the time :p ). Yet, it's a welcome turn of events

That's cool, now if you could make his eyes glow and pulse.

#1847 7 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Hahaha! That's awesome! My whole arcade is Ghostbusters themed so nothing but love from me man!

UV carpet too?

#1858 7 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

No UV carpet. We just moved into a new house earlier this year and so my game room is temporarily in an unused bedroom upstairs. I'm going to convert out three car garage into my new game room and home office in the next couple of months. I don't think I'm going to go with UV carpet though. I had carpet squares in my old game room and I'll probably go that route again or commercial grade carpet.

I see.

#1859 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Have had mine now for a little for a week. Have played approx 125 games and boy is it a BRUTAL game!! But when you get the playfield going and can manage a shot or two the adrenaline rush is unbeatable. Truly a 1 more game!!
Need to hammer up the rails, how much "force" is needed? I tapped on them a little and didn't seem to budge...
Airballs are still pretty common even with Art's protector installed
Right ramp is a little finicky...has to be an almost perfect shot though I did backhand one...
Lights, sound, gameplay, theme, art...just awesome!!
Making my MOD wish list for the wife for Christmas lol

Pro...Premium? Don't forget my mod (next to my avatar) for your list.

#1862 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

I have the premium...cant decide on color....

I have the Pro with Candy Raspberry powder coating and red light-ups on all 4 legs. Are you planning on powdering your armor?
Here's a picture.

IMGA0597[1] (resized).JPGIMGA0597[1] (resized).JPG

#1863 7 years ago

Holy smokes, you aint comin over and play'n my game. GREAT score.

#1873 7 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

My ultimate topper for my GB....

Must be nice to have a tall ceiling, wish I had one.

#1876 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I'll trade you my tall ceiling for a basement.

Let me tell you, basements are a PAIN IN THE ASS when it comes to pins even with a walk out cuz you have the hill to deal with and if you live where there's snow.

4 weeks later
#1896 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnaf:

just got a premium... love it.. for anyone to rag on stern about "stuff" well, I say "whatever" to that. this is fast and fun , loud and proud, a LOT going on. I played it at York this fall and was "sold" on it!
I am just having fun with it now.. put a few mods on day 1.. like air ball protector and colored sling shot protectors and a couple other things.
will dabble with a few more cute ones like the lighted holes, the ghost add on the left scoop, bookstack and such
But was wondering in this group who as found the best for the price UNDER CABINET green lighting (interactive? or just steady.. plus would like to split mod that to light up a ECTO car I got for my own personal topper.
any leads on the best one "for the money" that is. THANKS in advance
this game is a RIP!!!(by that I mean rip roaring fun fest)

Nice mods going on there. My Leg Light-Ups look great on all 3 GB's, I have red on mine with Beatmasters red shooter light up. It's not a boring unlit front of the cab anymore.

#1898 7 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

100% plus for Paul's Leg Light ups, I have the green on the front and I had comments on NYE with friends over who all thought they looked great and came from the factory like that

Thanks jd, lookin goooood. It does look factory doesn't it.

3 weeks later
#2003 7 years ago
Quoted from jrio101:

My wife got hers today

That ought to keep her happy for a while.

#2015 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Every bulb in spike games are 6v even flashers. Should be good.

Flashers are 5v

#2043 7 years ago

A friend got the scream on my Pro tonight, EVERYBODY thought it was great.

#2054 7 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

n.i.b. older stock. with this serial number, does it include a good or a bad playfield? worth the purchase gamble? thoughts?

I have a first run Pro from the beginning of the run and my pf is perfect with about 700 plays.

#2061 7 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Well that's the thing. It's not the same money. I can make an offer. Know what I mean?
You're right, same money it's a no-brainer, just buy a new one and get a warranty with it.

You'd get the same warranty with that one too.

3 weeks later
#2147 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There is always going to be playfields that ghost because theres just no way you can have 100% perfection on a playfield,

Well I wouldn't go that far, my GB Pros pf is perfect after about 800 plays.

#2196 7 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Put a shaker on my Premium. Whenever it activates, I hear a high-pitched squeaking noise coming from somewhere on the right side of the cabinet.
Any ideas?

Leg bolts tight?

#2254 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

"The booger technique" lmao
That was hilarious!

He must be a "booger" expert.

#2255 7 years ago

Both should pop up, for sure.
You can disable the screaming lady in the setup menu. It's the "scare feature."

I second all of that.

#2258 7 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

That seemed to fix it. Thanks for the quick tip, mustangpaul!

Good to hear. Ya gotta keep an eye on those things, I usually check mine every 6 months or so especially if ya got friends that like to shake your games.

#2303 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

How do you prop the pf up halfway?

No way from the factory. Why do you only want to prop it open only half way?

#2305 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I wanted to move the left side outlane bumper. I just asked the wife to hold it up for 2mins.

I see. My Pro apron is powdercoated so when I open it all the way I put a towel at the spot it leans against the bb.

#2309 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

The rails seen in the pinball life link are standard on Premiums.

and the edges are sharp as hell so be careful. I take sandpaper wrapped on a block of wood and sand them smooth.

#2316 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Are you referring to the PBL rails or the Stern rails ? My stern rails seem perfectly dull..

Yeah PBL

#2319 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Would you say the rails are worth the $55?

You bet they are, every penny.

#2342 7 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Has anyone hooked up mods on their GB machine that need to hook into a GI lamp or flasher?
I have a die cast car that I'm trying to hookup, but I am struggling to get it to light up. It came with a red and black wire and I am trying to hook it up to the scoleri lamp but it won't light. I know the car lights up because I just tested it on the shoot again lamp on creature and it lit right up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

What voltage is the light in the car?

#2344 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I have a question for those with the Flipper Fidelity speaker upgrade.
Do you have any speaker light kits installed? If so, how is the fit?
I'd like to upgrade my speakers, but I'm afraid the deeper speakers in the backbox will conflict with the power supply as the speaker light kit adds some depth.

With the speaker lights on my Pro I have a 1" gap to the ps.

#2415 7 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

I believe it's 12V? Can't seem to find a spot to hook it up and have her lit up. Suggestions?

Since I have my Leg Light-Ups, Beatmasters shooter housing light up and 2 rgb strips in the bb T molding I bought an 8 way power splitter and am powering it with a 12v 3 amp wall wort plugged into short extension cord that has an on/off switch which is plugged into the 110v service outlet in the bb. I have to manually switch the switch to turn all those mods on but the good thing is is that all those, and more if I choose aren't drawing power from the games power board. I also do that set-up on my other games with 20-30 year old power boards which REALLY makes sense.

#2425 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I've always just manually pushed them straight, then re-tightened the fasteners on the switch from under the playfield.

Someone make "splints" for those.....now who is it?

#2437 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

After you lift the playfield up high enough to clear all the mechs underneath, you need to pull it forward. You will feel some resistance, but keep on pulling and it will ride over the hump. You can then continue to pull it forward very slowly until it stops. At this point, you can lift up the playfield and lean it all the way against the backbox. Make sure as you do all of this that you pull it evenly and keep the playfield straight. If you don't, you could scratch up the inside of your cabinet, or even worse, drop the playfield into it. It's really a crappy design.
This video is very helpful for new owners ...
» YouTube video

Yup and I always put a thick towel on top of the backbox and let it hang over the tl so the apron doesn't mess up the top front of the backbox ESPECIALLY on an all wood bb.

#2446 7 years ago

Installing the PBL shaker in my Pro...simple right. Well I can't find CN2 on the board and the instructions show it plugged into CN16. So is that where I plug it into? If it is there's a problem, that's where my aux. power board is plugged into. So now what? Is there a splitter for that plug available somewhere.....assuming that CN16 is the place to plug into for the shaker. Any help would be appreciated. A simple plug in mod.....right.

My game
IMGA0032 (resized).JPGIMGA0032 (resized).JPG

Instruction sheet
IMGA0035 (resized).JPGIMGA0035 (resized).JPG

#2449 7 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I'm new to the GB thing, having just placed an order for a Pro, and plan on installing this shaker motor too. Is that aux board stock or did you add it to power other mods (like leg light-ups...?!).

Yes PBL sells that power distribution board for Spike, 1 in 3 out. If you get it you'll have the same problem I have.

Quoted from kermit24:

With spike an additional board for the shaker isn't necessary. Just bolt it down and plug it in. Not sure what aux board you are talking about, but PBL does sell one to power mods.

Yes that's right "if" your not going to use the power distribution board like I am.

#2451 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have one of these SPIKE power splitters in the backbox of my GB, and I love it!
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4248
It has a magnetic base, so you just stick it wherever you want. It's great for powering mods like speaker lights, toppers, ColorDMDs, etc ...

I have soooo many 12v mods that I have one of those back there too but mine is powered by a 12v 3 amp wall wort plugged into the 110v service outlet so it doesn't tax the game power board.

#2454 7 years ago

Cointaker is the only one and they only have white.

Quoted from Allibaster:

First, I'd like to change the under-Slimer color from white to green. I'd also like to change the flasher in front of the fire house to maybe green and tone it down quite a bit. They're all PCB LEDs. Is anyone away of a diffuser tape to change the color and/or dim the brightness?

The only thing you can do is change the mini dome to a different color, I changed mine to orange and while I had that plastic off I put electrical tape on the backside of that scoop so the bulb socket won't short against it. If it shorts your gonna be in a world of hurt.

#2463 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

You can use an Adapter from Comet from Bayonet #89 to #555, and use your favorite 6.3V bulb,

but how tall will that make the bulb be? It might not fit under the mini dome.

#2464 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Step1: Throw out the directions. Stern's directions were wrong too.
Step 2. Look at your node board. It should be printed on the bd ... "SHAKER".

I see the printing on the bottom now, I had to stand on my head inside the cab to see mine.......good thing I can read upside down. LOL That solved one problem but it still leaves me with the other which is "my shaker plug is taken up by the power distribution board so who makes a splitter with the connections to plug the shaker motor into that plug"?????

#2465 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveMan:

Where do you buy one that you can plug into the wall and roughly how many is so many that you should get a splitter?

The 8 way splitter has no power so the wall wort supplies it. I had to cut off the round connector on the wall wort and splice in a Molex 3 pin female connector so it would plug into the male input on the splitter. So far I have 2 things plugged into it with more planned.

#2479 7 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I thought you both beat me to it (after I got done posting), but I'm gonna call you out and say I *think* you are wrong (but in a friendly way of course).
The power adapter that PBL sells that plugs into the ticket dispenser is a standalone single +12v plug. This board is not meant to plug in there. As pointed out above...the Aux Power Board is meant to accept +48v (or so PBLs diagram says) and jump it down to +12v and +5v while passing the +48v on to the Cabinet Node 1 board where it was originally plugged in.
I believe the Aux Power Board is meant to grab the power from the power supply in the head BEFORE it hits the Cabinet Node 1 board and NOT be grabbing power FROM it. One of the main reasons for having it is to be a buffer between the power and the Node Board if something goes wrong or pulls too much power.

Well I don't know what happened now. I disconnected the splitter board and plugged the shaker in and it played great. I turned the game off and came back a few hours later, turned the game on and got this message on the dmd "Up dating node board runtime. Under those words were a 1, 8 and 9 in seperate box's. Then a seperate screen came up that said "Update Failed......Please power cycle" which I did 3 times.
The game will power up but the start button is not lit and I cant start a game. I looked at the node board when the game was turned on and the red led on the right side of the board is lit but the orange led in the center is off.

I think my board died. I killed it.

#2480 7 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

How is your game even working with nothing plugged in the CN14?

I forgot to plug it back in before I took the picture.

#2483 7 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

So what did you plug in the CN14? In your picture it looks like what was originally in CN14 (5 pin connection with BLACK on one end and GREY-YELLOW wire on the other end) is plugged in the INPUT of the Aux Power Board. Which is where I *think* it IS supposed to be plugged in.

Looking back, in the first picture I had it part right. I see where I went wrong but it's to late now.

#2484 7 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I have a hunch. You had the Aux Power Board connected correctly. CN14 plug going into the INPUT of the Aux Power Board and the PASS THRU coming out of the Aux Power Board and going into the CN14 connection on the Cabinet Node Board. You went to install the shaker...where confused by there being no CN2 connection down there like the shaker instructions said...so you unplugged the pass thru wire going into the CN14 looking for it. After the confusion you accidentally plugged the the pass thru wire that WAS in the CN14 before into the CN16 (shaker connection) by accident......
Sound like that might have happened??? Even if those connections are keyed...they are keyed completely opposite of each other...so they could be plugged in backwards and the keys wouldn't have prevented it.

Yeah that's probably it. I still have much to learn about these Spike games.

#2490 7 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

RIP Cabinet Node 1 Board. It wasn't the first to die and I'm sure it won't be the last. It seems they could have really used a bit more engineering as they have changed a few times in the handful of SPIKE games that have been released. Why have 2 5 pin connections the same size right next to each other, both only using 2 wires in the 5 connection housing and have them pinned completely opposite from each other so they can still be plugged in incorrectly??? It just seems like there should be enough configurations in there to make them different. Why not a key in the middle of one and one on the right side of the other???
Yeah....I was wondering from that picture how anything was working.....as it didn't seem good for the Cabinet Node Board or the Aux Power Board getting and sending power in different places than they should.
Sorry Paul. Hopefully this cautionary tale will help someone else out.

Yeah that's one of the reasons I posted, even though it made me look like a dumb ass I hope it may help someone. That's life, sometimes ya win and sometimes ya lose.

#2491 7 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

My post was in reference to (and agreeing with) gweempose's post. A 12v spike power adapter needs to be connected to the 12v ticket header and not the shaker header. Only a shaker should be connected to the shaker header. It isn't constant power.
Paul, I hope you're able to get your cab up and running asap. That sucks!
Junky

If they would have had the one available that went in the bb I would have gotten that one. Yeah it's down for a while.

#2492 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My apologies for any confusion, and I truly hope that my comments didn't contribute to the board's untimely demise. I should have paid more attention to the photo. I assumed the aux board in question was a variation on a standard 12v splitter like the one I have in my backbox. I'm not familiar with this other product.

Thanks, no they didn't, just my rookie mistakes with a new system.

#2493 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Sorry to hear about your node bd Paul.
So now you should call the tech support # under your lockdown bar and explain what happened to Chas.
Not sure if they will charge you are not, but you need a new board so its time to get one and put it behind you.

Thanks Chuck, I sent them an email. If I don't hear back in a few days I'll give them a call.

#2498 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Rookie your UP!

at least I didn't start the game on fire.

#2499 7 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

NIB Ghostbusters Pro
What to do for initial setup? Wax? Playfield protector? All thoughts appreciated!

No you don't want to wax it, have you watched any of those factory tour videos? They polish the hell out of them at the factory.

#2512 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

How do I swap out the orange shooter spring for a green one? Doesn't seem like the black tip comes off.

The black tip will come off, keep at it.

#2519 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Did you check the fuse on the node board?
Rob

No fuse on my board, it was one of the first off the line back in April of last year. I did see the new replacement boards had fuses though.

#2524 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

No Fuse on my Sept. 2016 machine.
So I went to Marco to check the boards. This is strange. Does anyone have a ghostbusters with a fuse on the cab board?
Check these photos and note the text. The fuse board does not list ghostbusters as compatible and these boards look different.
The model # are not at all the same... Maybe there is a new (3rd) cab node from stern that I have not seen.
If you have a fuse on your GB cab node, please post a picture of it. Thanks.

Yeah I don't get it either. It would make sense to put a fuse on it to protect it thou.

#2526 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Fuses can be a problem as they can open during an unusual spike that might happen when there's a lot going on, where the spike would normally kill the fuse and possibly cause damage to the power components.
Then the game is dead and you're in a boxing match with Stern. Plus, there are some owners who have no idea how to find, much less replace a fuse.
It would make much more sense to put a current limiter on the board that can shut the circuitry down temporarily during the high demand short term spike, then resume afterwards. Since a coil driver is subject to failure under a heat vs. time curve, a spike can sometimes be tolerated if it's short enough to minimize meltdown.

Interesting. Thanks.

#2556 7 years ago

Yup I fried U14 on the node board inside the cab by the coin door. Am I stupid or what.

IMGA0043 (resized).JPGIMGA0043 (resized).JPG

#2562 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Looks like a switch mode power supply IC. If you can read the part number on the top of it, you can order one from Digikey for a couple bucks. Who knows what else got damaged. Damage isn't always visible. Might be worth a shot, though.

That's waaaaay beyond what I can do and like you said who knows what else got damaged. Thanks though. Melissa at CT is looking into it.

#2570 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Does anyone have a picture of the stern rails from PBL installed on a pro? I couldn't find a good place to attach them to the PF. Also, the screws appeared to give about 1/8 of an inch of clearence before poping through the other side of the play field.

There are 2 nutserts in front of holes for the stock pegs. I removed the pegs and used those for the front then just used available open space for the back screws. Actuall I can't remember if the nutserts were there or if I put them there.

#2574 7 years ago

Here's the left side front. The big hole in the middle of the first shot is the peg hole. The right side is the same.

IMGA0044 (resized).JPGIMGA0044 (resized).JPG

IMGA0045 (resized).JPGIMGA0045 (resized).JPG

#2575 7 years ago

Do you mean this board?

IMGA0041 (resized).JPGIMGA0041 (resized).JPG

IMGA0046 (resized).JPGIMGA0046 (resized).JPG

Or this one.

IMGA0044 (resized).JPGIMGA0044 (resized).JPG

#2580 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Where did you find space for the other ends?

Just match up the front holes and you see where to put the back screws.

#2581 7 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

When the playfield is flipped up against the backbox, the one located at the extreme upper left. I believe it's the third one of your pictures as it only has one RJ45 cable plugged into it. With the game on and running (coin door closed) I believe there should be a red, green and yellow LEDs lit. Thanks.

My game is down so I can't check those lights. I need a new board that's in the first 2 pictures. Do the 2 leds on that board light for you?

#2584 7 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Only the red one labeled 48V. There should be a green 6V and a yellow comm light, both of those don't light.

What about the other board?

#2587 7 years ago

Left side.
IMGA0047 (resized).JPGIMGA0047 (resized).JPG

Right side.
IMGA0048 (resized).JPGIMGA0048 (resized).JPG

Just bend the left side back a little bit. Mine works perfect.

#2591 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

That's a lot of torque on 2 tiny screws. I'll take another look. Thanks

No it's not, the pf doesn't weigh 200lbs ya know. They handle it just fine. I've had mine on for almost a tear and used a lot and they are still as solid as the day I put them on.

#2592 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Alright you crazy LED freaks, check out this new custom lighting option for all pinball machines.
http://pinstadium.com

Looks interesting.

#2596 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I meant torque on the screws due to bending the support rail. Is it possible that our pf's top and bottom are not identical.

I know what you meant and it's not a problem, your over thinking this. I don't see why they aren't the same.

#2600 7 years ago
Quoted from Gunnder:

I'm seeing a lot of node board failure. This is disappointing for a game hardly 1 year old. Is there a pattern developing with specific boards going, or does it seem random? And what is the cause of these board failures?
I've had my GBLE going strong so far, but it's discouraging to keep reading about node board failures.
*knocks on wood*

I caused mine.

#2657 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Dumb question time: Do you you guys add any kind of extra protection behind the legs or is what looks to be already attached to the cab sufficient?

That's all you need to prevent the cab decal from wrinkling. For looks get my mod.

#2710 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Those do look cool. Does anyone what bulb socket type the mode ladder inserts use? I haven't received my game yet but may order some colored LED'S for those inserts.

All the insert lighting are the board type not the socket type. You can use a colored gel film to cover the insert on the underside to change the white led to any color.

#2713 7 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Just got my premium last night! I didn't check the playfield date but my distributor got it from the factory a week ago. I haven't had any issues out of box except for the left ramp switch not always registering fast balls. A quick bend to the "14 Street" switch fixed it.
The left side eject was set to power 40 from the factory and sends it to the right flipper every time. Scoleri bros work fine as well.
Only thing to really check now is Slimer's butt scraping the building as he rotates out and the hex adjustment to that far right ramp that takes ball to left flipper - that shot is tough but I've made it a few times.
So other than these couple things, not sure there is a lot of tweaking to be done to get the pin dialed in. I did add Art's Airball protector but haven't had the need to install his outlane protectors yet.
The magnaslings feel great! Glad I went with the premium.

Welcome to the club. Let the modding begin.

#2728 7 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Yep! That's the one. Is that power splitter required or a nice to have?

That is the one to get if you plan on more then 1 mod that would normally plug into the node board in the cabinet under the left flipper button. I tried plugging in 3 mods into that one and fried the node board. After it fried my buddy told me that Stern had sent out a warning not to plug a bunch of mods into that outlet. I now have a 12v, 6 amp wall wort converter plugged into the 110 service outlet in the bb and that is plugged into the 8 way splitter. No power problems for mods now.

#2733 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I just need to make sure flashers run on the same voltage (5V) as the GI.

Yeah the flashers are 5v.

Quoted from chucksmith:

If you want the lights to stay on all the time, then running them off of an external power source would also be an option..

I have my home made scoop lights connected to gi bulbs so they are on all the time with no problems.

#2773 7 years ago

I just installed this on the right side, left side yet to do. My seams aren't split "yet" so hopefully they will prevent it from happening in the future. Stern should do this on ALL their legs on ALL their games. Just got the left side done, about 20 minutes.

IMGA0087 (resized).JPGIMGA0087 (resized).JPG

IMGA0088 (resized).JPGIMGA0088 (resized).JPG

#2776 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Is there an example of splitting sides?

Here's the topic. A must read even though it does go a little off topic towards the end.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-cabinets/page/4

#2780 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

But, are some people over-tightening the leg bolts which could contribute to the issue?
Rob

Maybe, maybe aggressive and constant nudging. All I know is that the HD leg braces give the game a better chance of staying in one piece.

#2782 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Are the leg light ups causing this Paul ?

I think they are heating and melting the Elmers glue Stern uses. But don't tell anyone.

#2827 7 years ago

My Pro is up and playing with a new node board thanks to Melissa at Cointaker. She's the BEST! I installed a 8 way power distro board powered by a 6 amp wall wort for my 12v mods so no more power screw ups.

IMGA0089 (resized).JPGIMGA0089 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#2832 7 years ago
Quoted from ecto1a2003:

Hello everyone! i'm new here to pinside and to this club. i'm going to pickup my used HUO ghostbusters LE in about 2 weeks. i'm super excited as this is the first modern pinball ive ever owned plus im a huge ghostbusters fan! before this i only have a ugly but fully functional Mr and Mrs pacman and a old Chicago coin gold record. Anyway back on topic, are there any absolute must have mods or accessories for this machine? I've been looking at a lot of the stuff on the market as well as online and the all look amazing. should i get the playfield protector? i'd like to keep this machine and id like it to stay as nice as possible as long as possible. also what does everyone think of the topper? i kinda like it kinda don't. Thanks for your time everyone!

Welcome to Pinside and the club. I'd suggest getting these HD leg supports and putting them on your game as soon as you get it. I have them on the front legs of my Pro and that thing is rock solid now. Take the original ones off and put these on. Marco or Pinballlife has them.

IMGA0088 (resized).JPGIMGA0088 (resized).JPG

#2843 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

One final touch art blades

Your done modding the game now?

#2845 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

For now but I reserve the right to add more lol

I see. Don't forget about mine.

#2856 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Took a deep breath and finally knuckled up to install side art by removing the playfield.
First time doing it, and the only way to do it IMHO.
Not typically a big mod guy, but man do they really complete the game without committing too much scratch!!!
Highly recommended.

The Stern ones?

#2907 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Can anyone tell me if there is something missing on the post that I have pictured. The one below the ramp near the slimer. Thanks

I think it's just to block balls from getting stuck in the area behind it.

#2949 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

A friend of mine is getting a premium next week.
What are the must fix issues?
Thx!

As "insurance" he should put these on the front legs.

#2954 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Hey guys, just joined the club a few days ago with a premium.

Welcome aboard.

#2998 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Just got back from Allentown and slimed my GB thanks to cointaker.

It's a great mod isn't it. I got the green set on my pro.

#3001 6 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

Was hoping to get a 1959 Cadillac meteor miller some day but settled for this instead has march build date.

Congrats. Put the HD leg braces on the front legs right away to play it safe.

#3028 6 years ago

Take pics of the box/pallet before unboxing (Stern asked for pics when I put in my request for a new cab, i assume to prove it wasnt damaged in transit, luckily i took some!)

+++++ that. All 4 full sides and top and close-ups of any damage.

#3035 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Has anyone installed the Lasseriffic backboard LED mod? It looks pretty cool. I already have two single LED scoop mods from Mezel Mods. I'm wondering with the backboard mod (6 LED's) and the 2 scoop LED mods if it would be drawing too much more from the game? I read some concerns about drawing additional power from node boards.
http://cointaker.com/products/ghostbusters-backboard-lighting-kit

Your fine, don't worry.

#3040 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I cleaned and waxed my gb this weekend and I replaced the stock balls with premium balls. It plays much faster and harder now. More difficult to catch and cradle.

That's because of the waxing, it will slow down in about 50 or so games.

#3042 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Good cause I'm getting my butt kicked.

Yeah it's a whole new game whenever you wax ANY game. The Shiny balls do help some too of course. Play on.

#3044 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

You're missing a nut an bolt.

What program do you use to be able to draw on a picture? I could use something like that. Is it a Windoz program?

#3117 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

This is what I get for not reading this whole thread before really playing my GB premium. An airball flew into my ecto goggles and cracked the LCD screen. Thankfully the mirror survived unscathed. I purchased a replacement LCD node board from Marco but it arrived defective and they are out of stock. Good ol' steve at Marco took both boards back to try and repair them, but I'm still without one for now.
Apparently, the GI is in series with the node board via the two network cables on the back. So the game is dark without it plugged in. In case anyone has this problem, you can run the GI cable directly to the LED board underneath the playfield taking the node board out of the loop. It will still throw a node board error on startup, but you can play with lights on.
I have every ecto goggles metal and plastic shield ready to go for when I get one of those node boards back. Lessons learned.

Bummer

1 week later
#3188 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Has anyone else ever had your flipper buttons just fly off the machine during a game? This has now happened 3 or 4 times (always the same side) and I have no idea why.

If it's just the center part of the button it's probably broken. If that little ridge is broken the button will pop out. Check yours

IMGA0126 (resized).JPGIMGA0126 (resized).JPG

#3192 6 years ago

Good excuse to upgrade to LED lit flipper buttons. it's a sign.

Yup, it's an easy DIY project.

#3238 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I haven't tired those but you could get two of these for 50 cents if you can figure the size (which I haven't been able to do).

Yup, that's what I use.

#3240 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Can you tell me the part number you bought and from where?
Thanks.

3/16 inch inside diameter from a ring kit.

1 week later
#3281 6 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

Did you keep it for how long? I do not buy more game if the code is not finished ... it is so frustrating

But it's like getting a whole new game when it's done. But I understand what your saying.

#3285 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ok if you're lucky enough to own lots of games...
i have only 2 pins home, than i cant see it as it

I see.

#3307 6 years ago
Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

Picked up a huo pro Friday from a guy named Todd in Chicago. My wife and daughter both say it's their new favorite pin. We have been playing it quite a bit. Really loving it.
Only took a little over 2 months to get one.

Welcome to the club.

4 weeks later
#3421 6 years ago
Quoted from ericb:

Hi all, this my first post as a new pinside member. Yesterday I ordered a new GB Pro and I won't be getting it for a couple of weeks. I plan to order a shaker motor but as far as any other mods I'm not sure what would be considered really essential to make game play less annoying (such as air-balls flying into the out-lanes). This game seems to have "spawned" a bunch of mods, most of witch I'm curious to try but don't want to waste my money on junk. If this topic has been discussed earlier in the thread, maybe directing me to the page(s) would be helpful as well. Thanks. Picture is me 34 years ago when owning a pinball machine was not even a consideration.
But lighting my cigarette with a 100 rupee bill was fun. LOL

Welcome to Pinside and the GB club. Here's a link to my mod, it's not a must have to make the game play better but it does make your game look good on the outside. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-led-leg-light-ups

#3426 6 years ago
Quoted from ericb:

Those leg light-ups are very cool. That's creative as hell! Those are on my list for sure. Thanks Paul.

Thanks Eric, you know where to find me.

#3448 6 years ago

Well... crap. I played like three games, and then a wild ball snapped my brand new Stay Puft bracket.

That could be a real design problem.

#3466 6 years ago
Quoted from ericb:

So I haven't received my table yet (GB Pro) but I'm planning my Mods. My question is when do I need to add a aux power supply such as this one on Pinball Life - http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4052

What voltage mods, 12 or 5v or a combination?

#3467 6 years ago

It hit all the way up by his head (and it hit HARD)! Like I said, craziest airball I've ever had on the game... or any game, for that matter. It figures it would happen only AFTER installing this awesome mod. The break happened at the pivot point. Here's a pic:

I don't want to cause any undue panic. I really do feel this was a freak thing that no one else is likely to encounter. My advice: install it and enjoy.
Since my Krazy Glue session yesterday, it's still holding up and working great.

That should be twice as thick if you ask me. I wonder why they made it so thin.

#3470 6 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Agree - we were posting at the same time - twice as thick.

Maybe put a nice thick layer of JB Weld on both sides.

#3475 6 years ago
Quoted from ericb:

That I'm not sure about yet because the only mod I've chosen so far is the shaker and that install will be a snap. Is it correct to assume that if I add several mods with LEDs I'll need another 5 volt supply eventually? I work in a field that requires me to repair
electronic equipment but I'm a definite noob when it comes to modifying a pin.

I "think" most mods are 12v or 6.3v. My and beatmasters mods are 12v.

#3498 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Starting to pick up some mods for my GB Pro, what would you guys recommend for the captive balls? I'm pretty sure I'm going with the standard green on the left and pink in the center, but what balls specifically would you recommend? Fluorescent or glow in the dark? Any specific manufacturer? Some of the pages I've been looking at are fairly confusing as far as what they selling. For example:
https://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/ghostbusters-pinball-slimer-pinballs?variant=16895844484
That is listed as a set of 4 slimer green captive balls, but the color choices are blue and pink. Does that mean that you also get a set of blue or pink ones for the center captive balls or is it just a site error?

I have fluorescent in mine cuz the game is so bright, you'll never see the glow in the dark.

1 week later
#3568 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Just b/c I signed up 4 months ago doesn't mean I haven't read and viewed and browsed the forums/website for along while, mostly b/c your users like yourself, I could have been nicer I guess, I didn't cuss, I didn't threaten anyone.
See for yourself, it may b/c Stern made changes to the playfield so yeah the current design does not work as intended even modified with and with washers you can clearly see the ball will hit going up the ramp slowing the ball, I worked with Art, nice guy, but the product falls short for me. pictures attached, proof.... happy?
Guessing here, but maybe the 2017+ GB builds, this protector may or may not work. I think there is room for improvement regardless.

Yup, if it doesn't work on your machine it doesn't work. That's to bad.

2 weeks later
#3677 6 years ago
Quoted from kingau:

Was out and about with my kids...And found this!!!
I still need to get the firehouse.. but it looks good

Green. Needs to be painted.

2 weeks later
#3742 6 years ago

In all seriousness, not saying my way is better. I was just curious if it really was just the ball launching a bit over the switch. Different strokes for different folks.

That's what pinball is all about, being curious. I was curious to see if I could make the mini pf for my Jackbot, took me 3 hours but I made it and it's a 99.99% perfect match. Cost me about $5 for the plastic, but it has no art on it. It was a fun project.

IMGA0292 (resized).JPGIMGA0292 (resized).JPG

#3744 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

nice work
I have the ai artwork for Pinbot which I am sure has the same playfield design, you could change the colours of the bot to the jackbot version to have some really unique...

Thanks for the compliment, coming from you means a lot. I think they are the same but diff. art. I remember seeing the price for the Pinbot one and if I remember correctly it was around $150 so I think I saved some money.

1 week later
#3812 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It is soooo worth putting green t molding on... Looks like it should have come this way.

My Pro can be green or red or blue or constantly changing color and the brightness can go up or down.

IMGA0511 (resized).JPGIMGA0511 (resized).JPG
IMGA0510 (resized).JPGIMGA0510 (resized).JPG
IMGA0513 (resized).JPGIMGA0513 (resized).JPG

#3816 6 years ago

You need the scoop lights next

Yeah that's easy to do just add a wired socket and a double headed flex bulb. About $2

#3818 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

paul i did the same to my pro!

Cool, there's 2 of us. That is one mod that was a pain to do.

#3829 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I feel the same way about spinner values in GB starting at... wait for it... 7 thoussand points! Winning!

Is that for each spin? So if ya really hit it and it goes around 20 times that's 140,000 points right?

2 weeks later
#3927 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Nice little bit of info from Stern's facebook page:
"Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; as usual we will release them as soon as possible. Here’s a sneak peek at two games that will have updates coming very soon, as well as status on a few other titles:
- Star Wars with its newest asteroid video mode and intense lightsaber duel!
- Batman ’66 with the new major villain cliffhangers!
- Ghostbusters: As soon as Star Wars is complete, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters.
- Aerosmith: Aerosmith will also be getting a little more polish.
- KISS: We will be revisiting KISS code very soon to create a final update."

No Star Trek.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
303 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mustangpaul. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/1?tu=mustangpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.