B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 250.
#9901 2 years ago

Whelp! I am back in the club!

35F7C2F8-6A56-4FFE-9A5F-A0DF8AB6086C (resized).jpeg35F7C2F8-6A56-4FFE-9A5F-A0DF8AB6086C (resized).jpeg
#9902 2 years ago

Tech question - I'm a bit of a newb.

The rear lights at PKE lanes, ghost traps, flashers, firehouse, scoop Are in a constant on status.

I can see that they all run off of Node Board 8d. I ran the diagnostics but I didn't see anything show up on the Node Com test and I honestly don't know what I'm doing on the board test screen, doesn't seem like I can run a test and I don't know what I'm looking at.

I jiggled wires etc, but I'm a bit lost with what to check for next.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Note: I do appear to have the piece of mylar tape under the flasher that is above the left scoop)

20211107_192150 (resized).jpg20211107_192150 (resized).jpg

#9903 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

What are premiums worth these days? Really want to pick up this game but the dude wants 11k for it. Thoughts on reasonable value and is it going to hold?!?!?

I've been offered 10K for mine and turned it down. Honestly I'm not sure if there was an amount short of maybe something ridiculous that I'd sell mine for.

#9904 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Whelp! I am back in the club!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"9cddc8217f6e5dac094cdbb3f8ad759e9844e7ea-1636352071-1800"};
//]]>

[quoted image]

Where did you get that back glass?

#9905 2 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

Where did you get that back glass?

Came with it! But I think I am going to put the original back in

#9906 2 years ago

This club sure is quiet :-/

#9907 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

It looks really cool!

#9908 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

This club sure is quiet :-/

I may be seeking help. My slimer is acting up. Switch faults. During game play, when activated, he will suddenly go to lower position instead of "bobbing and remain there. This is a Pro game.

#9909 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I may be seeking help. My slimer is acting up. Switch faults. During game play, when activated, he will suddenly go to lower position instead of "bobbing and remain there. This is a Pro game.

have you reseated the small metal plug up top as part of the process of elimination

#9910 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Put in a few Mods:
LED Leg Light Ups from Mustang Paul
Slime sign and Slime along subway
Ecto-1 Car.
Pinmonk's light progression panels-a little tricky to install, need a heat gun to place a dab of glue to help them stay in position when placing them back into game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting about my mod. Looks GREAT on all 4 legs.

#9911 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I bought both Front and Rear Kits in Purple/Pink color, ($160.00) I added longer Chrome bolts and the clear washers, IDE connector, so my Total was $208.00

Thanks for posting and don't forget about the Free shipping in the lower 48 and just the actual shipping cost out of country.

#9912 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

have you reseated the small metal plug up top as part of the process of elimination

No, Have not tried anything as of yet. I am going to see what switch error messages I get later today, if any. Any tips are always appreciated in where to start b4 I start troubleshooting the switches for failure.

#9913 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I appreciate that people like a bit of variety, and sometimes I look at alternate translites too - but nothing beats the ZY artwork for this game. Wow.

#9914 2 years ago

Help!! I can’t get the slimer mech to work. I replaced the entire motor assembly and it still doesn’t work. Am I missing something?? Please help. I bought a replacement kit from Marco and swapped everything out.
2F3F5055-3B1F-44B9-BA46-BFD7E70CA682 (resized).jpeg2F3F5055-3B1F-44B9-BA46-BFD7E70CA682 (resized).jpegDCFD3A63-454B-484E-ACEC-6F6C9A8C7B4B (resized).jpegDCFD3A63-454B-484E-ACEC-6F6C9A8C7B4B (resized).jpeg

D13F56F4-D113-4C55-B264-CB15884FFE19 (resized).jpegD13F56F4-D113-4C55-B264-CB15884FFE19 (resized).jpeg

#9915 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Re-seated the plug, here is the error message. 1st pic is before I run the test, 2nd pic is the failed message.

20211108_165048 (resized).jpg20211108_165048 (resized).jpg20211108_165121 (resized).jpg20211108_165121 (resized).jpg
#9916 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Help!! I can’t get the slimer mech to work. I replaced the entire motor and assembly and it still doesn’t work. Am I missing something?? Please help. I bought a replacement kit from Marco and swapped everything out.[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, I did not out a whole new mechanism in, but how crazy that we posted similiar items.

#9917 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Help!! I can’t get the slimer mech to work. I replaced the entire motor and assembly and it still doesn’t work. Am I missing something?? Please help. I bought a replacement kit from Marco and swapped everything out.[quoted image][quoted image]

Almost as if it is disabled in the settings, in your case

#9918 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Wow, I did not out a whole new mechanism in, but how crazy that we posted similiar items.

Hopefully someone can help us both out. I’ve had the game on location for the last 2 1/2 years with absolutely no issues until now. I’m not sure how to fix it!

#9919 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Hopefully someone can help us both out. I’ve had the game on location for the last 2 1/2 years with absolutely no issues until now. I’m not sure how to fix it!

I will test the microswitches next to see if they have continuity. I re-seated the white plug behind slimer, will keep checking.

#9920 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I would check to see under Adjustments-G.B.-Feature Adjustment #13 Disable Slimer Motor

That it is say NO. Maybe yours says YES right now

#9921 2 years ago

Just got GB premium, love the game. What are the best options out there for side blades? My Trim has been painted all white!

#9922 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Just got GB premium, love the game. What are the best options out there for side blades? My Trim has been painted all white!

I have the Stern side blades on my Pro and love them.

#9923 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

The Stern Zombie Yeti blades are the best. He is such a talented artist, and the design fits perfectly with the playfield and backbox art.

#9924 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

or Black Mirror Blades

#9925 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

The Stern Zombie Yeti blades are the best. He is such a talented artist, and the design fits perfectly with the playfield and backbox art.

These are the only blades to install in GB. Superb!

#9926 2 years ago

Anyone have an official Stern Ghostbusters shooter rod they want to sell?

#9927 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Anyone have an official Stern Ghostbusters shooter rod they want to sell?

Been looking for that one myself. Tough grab.

#9928 2 years ago

was never a fan of the Stern shooter - I love my custom brass Fire Department shooter rod - Hook and Ladder New York Fire Department as a link to the Ghostbusters Head Quarters. At the time Shapeways was making these for me for $140 now they are $340 which is too much - it is just starting to tarnish like what happens to the brass badges on the Fire Helmets. Then couple it with the Fire Door shooter plate on the shooter housing.

GB - Firestation Shooter Knob 1 (resized).JPGGB - Firestation Shooter Knob 1 (resized).JPGGB - Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob (resized).JPGGB - Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob (resized).JPG
#9929 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

was never a fan of the Stern shooter - I love my custom brass Fire Department shooter rod - Hook and Ladder New York Fire Department as a link to the Ghostbusters Head Quarters. At the time Shapeways was making these for me for $140 now they are $340 which is too much - it is just starting to tarnish like what happens to the brass badges on the Fire Helmets. Then couple it with the Fire Door shooter plate on the shooter housing.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh C'mon man, Take my money Jady. Gonna go order it now.

Ken

#9930 2 years ago

Has anyone seen Swinks new outline protectors yet? Cool mod, little on the expensive side!! Can't wait for mine!!

#9931 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Has anyone seen Swinks new outline protectors yet? Cool mod, little on the expensive side!! Can't wait for mine!!

Priced very reasonably for the work he has put into it and the product you will get.

#9932 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

yes they are not the cheapest but all the 3d parts are professionally printed so are solid nylon with a real nice finish plus this mod interacts with the ball and you get to control the ball..

First 10 sets are all paid for and 9 sets already traveling with a few going express so a few people might have them this time next week.

#9933 2 years ago

Solved: So my slimer was staying in the down position, I replaced both microwitches, only one was defefective #34, but when in there do them in pairs, but the bigger issue with the motor is returning it to the original HOME position.

I wish Stern had placed an instruction bulletin for this, as this was kinda of a pain. I see why they sell the whole drop in unit, but I was not paying $250.00 when I could spend $7.00 on 2 switches.

Long story short, lol I had taken before pics, which helped.

Game is next to Godzilla Premium and family is killing it.

Next up. @swinks' Proton Mod in a few weeks.

#9934 2 years ago

Added some more to my Pro, Lit Flippers in Purple/Pink with Grey Titan Flipper bands, Mezel Mods Scoop Glowing Green, Cliffy's protectors, some slime mods, Ecto 1. Green Slimer Balls.

20211113_151526 (resized).jpg20211113_151526 (resized).jpg
#9935 2 years ago

My rubbers need to be replaced and was wondering What are the best rubbers and who sells them
Thanks

#9936 2 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

My rubbers need to be replaced and was wondering What are the best rubbers and who sells them
Thanks

Titan glow in the dark!

#9937 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Titan glow in the dark!

I love Titan GiTD. I have installed these on at least 4 or more of my pins already; GBLE/ACNC/EHOH/AFM come to mind. They looks great and they last.

#9938 2 years ago

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
Back in the club, same pro, new code, few extra mods! Buddy picked up a ‘zilla LE and needed the room. Was glad to bring GB back into the fam.

#9939 2 years ago

Been reading up on code / strategy threads and doing research on Pinball Arcade (dunno if it's final set of code on there) to try to understand the ruleset...had a couple questions with the final code release in mind as I'm considering if GB could get a spot in my basement...

1) is best strategy for scoring still the right orbit ladder to Stay Puft + trying to maximize playfield multipliers? Or were there any changes that made it advantageous to get WCWS earlier / more often? People mentioned in threads that the WRTBY wizard mode wasn't really worth targeting either, did scoring on that ever change?

2) was there ever anything added to code to make Mass Hysteria more manageable? The main ask I saw in threads was to either have it stay on reversed flippers thru the entire mode or make it very obvious when they switched. That and to not be able to roll into MH while in other modes / multiballs. After some involved games on Pinball Arcade I can see those gripes - I had a lot of things stacked with like a 6x playfield bonus and walked into the second playing of MH, no idea until my brain put it together that flippers were switched. Anything configurable in menus in final code?

#9940 2 years ago

Just installed swinks GB Proton Gun mod.

It's awesome!

#9941 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Just installed Swinks GB Proton Gun mod.
It's awesome!

What exactly do they do?

#9942 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What exactly do they do?

They light up and kick the ball out of the outlanes.

#9943 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Quoted from Rager170:

What exactly do they do?

yes, sort of like a magna save

#9944 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Ahhhh I see. I thought they were raised higher than ball level.

And what activates them? Is it incorporated into the game code?

#9945 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ahhhh I see. I thought they were raised higher than ball level.
And what activates them? Is it incorporated into the game code?

A foot pedal

No game code incorporation.

#9946 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

No, a foot pedal.

Really? Soooo, then its a cheat? lol.

#9947 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Really? Soooo, then its a cheat? lol.

Only if you want it to be. It has an on/off button on the coin door.

#9948 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Only if you want it to be. It has an on/off button on the coin door.

Gotcha, thanks again for the info!

#9949 2 years ago

when not used, the streams tuck to the side so the ball can still go down the outlanes and only the proton stream tip interacts with the ball when activated

#9950 2 years ago

Having played a few games with it installed, I find myself wanting the ball to go to the outlanes so I can use the proton guns.

But sometimes in the heat of the game, I forget I have it and the ball just drains like normal. So it does take some time to get use to having the function. But the great thing about it is...you don't have to use it. It's not an "always on cheat". You can decide if you want to use it or not during gameplay which to my understanding is one of a kind. As most "cheat" mods such as lane extenders, center posts, etc (once installed) are always there during gameplay.

And I think that originally there was suppose to be something of this nature in the game but got pulled before production. So in my mind, this completes the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
15,699 (OBO)
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.