74365 (resized).jpeg
74366 (resized).jpeg
20210910_170509 (resized).jpg
B1BABF52-89D2-4600-8431-917A057E1866 (resized).png
45B93888-704B-4ABF-AC69-9381C930C38A (resized).jpeg
312C6C89-36F2-4F34-BD79-BC540789F9E5 (resized).jpeg
20210830_230611 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9686 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 194.
#9651 4 days ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

What I need is a picture of the wiring to the switch. I want to confirm the connections will be correct before I solder in the new switch.
The current switch is bad, already tested it. I still haven't mastered reading Sterns manuals yet to fully figure out their logic for wiring to switches. I understand it to the connectors. Seems like they change it for Node identification.

Green wire is in the center and black goes where your post broke off (back of the switch) assuming you bought the same switch.

#9652 4 days ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Green wire is in the center and black goes where your post broke off (back of the switch) assuming you bought the same switch.

Thanks, yes bought the same switch as Identified in the manual.

Added yesterday:

Fixed-New correct switch installed, game working 100%

#9653 3 days ago

Joined the club tonight.

IMG_20210915_223719__01.jpgIMG_20210915_222546__01.jpg

#9654 3 days ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Joined the club tonight.
[quoted image][quoted image]

It is an awesome game.. welcome to the club!

#9655 2 days ago

I plan on trying to figure out how this was done in the next month or so. Requires me to learn how to use Nano Arduino and how to connect it to a pinball machine. In the mean time, if someone figures how to mod this before me (as I'll be starting from scratch) I'd be interested in a price.

#9656 2 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I plan on trying to figure out how this was done in the next month or so. Requires me to learn how to use Nano Arduino and how to connect it to a pinball machine. In the mean time, if someone figures how to mod this before me (as I'll be starting from scratch) I'd be interested in a price.

Believe that's another awesome custom mod by PersonX99 Hit him up and see how he did it

#9657 2 days ago

There is a mod exactly like that for WOZ that mezel mods makes. Its simple really. You need clear drop targets and a led or bulb to shine on it. Simple as that..

But I will say, these would be a good mod to purchase for GB...

https://mezelmods.com/collections/wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods/products/wizard-of-oz-pinball-illuminated-winkie-target?variant=705017705

#9658 2 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

There is a mod exactly like that for WOZ that mezel mods makes. Its simple really. You need clear drop targets and a led or bulb to shine on it. Simple as that..
But I will say, these would be a good mod to purchase for GB...
https://mezelmods.com/collections/wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods/products/wizard-of-oz-pinball-illuminated-winkie-target?variant=705017705

It doesn't change color and pulse when activated though.

Quoted from ScottyC:

Believe that's another awesome custom mod by PersonX99 Hit him up and see how he did it

That's who I've been talking to. He gave me some pointers on how to figure it out, but I was just saying if anyone else already knew I'd be interested in some help as I'll be learning it from scratch.

#9659 2 days ago

That's who I've been talking to. He gave me some pointers on how to figure it out, but I was just saying if anyone else already knew I'd be interested in some help as I'll be learning it from scratch.

If you figure it out, I am interested. A little tutorial would be nice for this group.

Ken

#9660 2 days ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

If you figure it out, I am interested. A little tutorial would be nice for this group.
Ken

I have a bunch of Mezel and Pinball Refinery mods coming first. I'll work on this after I get all of that in and installed.

#9661 2 days ago

I have a bunch of Mezel and Pinball Refinery mods coming first. I'll work on this after I get all of that in and installed.

Thank you, I have a bunch of mods to install as well and saw this and think it would look amazing. No worries on a time table.

Ken

#9663 2 days ago

So I just rejoined the club. The theme is just too strong for me and revisiting it, it really is so loaded for a stern.

I see some guys are printing firehouse replacements? Are they for sale as I would be interested. Also any other cool mods that are new that would be cool?

And are the green balls from Mezel really not good? Impacts gameplay?

#9664 2 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I just rejoined the club. The theme is just too strong for me and revisiting it, it really is so loaded for a stern.
I see some guys are printing firehouse replacements? Are they for sale as I would be interested. Also any other cool mods that are new that would be cool?

Mezel has some cool shit, firehouse mod etc.
https://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/ghostbusters-pinball-firehouse

#9665 2 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Only in the captive area imo. They don't last long at all on the PF.

#9667 2 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Welcome back! I’ve had those glo balls in the captive ball area since day 1 (2017), no issues here. I’ve seen others say not to use them on the PF for normal game use, they won’t hold up to the abuse and also mark up your game.

#9669 1 day ago

Oh I see, yea that is pretty cool.

#9670 1 day ago
Quoted from evileye:

Welcome back! I’ve had those glo balls in the captive ball area since day 1 (2017), no issues here. I’ve seen others say not to use them on the PF for normal game use, they won’t hold up to the abuse and also mark up your game.

Werent people saying back in the day that they dont weigh the same as regular pinballs or the size is different?

I thought it was something like that.

#9671 1 day ago

Question for you guys with Color DMD.. I noticed last night that the "Mayors door" image when he goes on to say "this man has no dick!", the color of the door is grey and now brown... Seems strange.

#9672 1 day ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Werent people saying back in the day that they dont weigh the same as regular pinballs or the size is different?

Good point, I bet it’s the weight. It’s been a minute since I’ve held one, but I could see them being slightly lighter. Size wize they look the same, but that’s just the eyeball test.

#9673 1 day ago

just picked up a pro, what mods do i need to have? is the side armor impossible to find?

#9674 1 day ago

Does anyone have Pinstadium Fusions installed on this game? I'm wondering if they would even fit with the firehouse. I like the extra lighting, but wonder if the extra flashers do anything for this title. If so, a video would be appreciated.

#9675 1 day ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I installed mine about a month ago. I thought they felt heavier than regular pinballs. No problems knocking them back.

#9676 1 day ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

just picked up a pro, what mods do i need to have? is the side armor impossible to find?

I have a few available via Shapeways - target brackets, shooter knobs, car mount, containment mod and working on proton gun mod - should have production version ready within a few weeks

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksgb&sort=newest

#9677 1 day ago

Does anyone have Pinstadium Fusions installed on this game? I'm wondering if they would even fit with the firehouse. I like the extra lighting, but wonder if the extra flashers do anything for this title. If so, a video would be appreciated.

With the upgraded firehouse they definitely do NOT fit. You could probably cut into the diffuser on the Pinstadium to make it fit though if you really wanted to.

#9678 20 hours ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

With the upgraded firehouse they definitely do NOT fit. You could probably cut into the diffuser on the Pinstadium to make it fit though if you really wanted to.

Good to know, thanks. I think the regular ones will fit though.

#9679 19 hours ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Anyone got a GB premium for sale?

How about a LE, 20K

#9680 18 hours ago

Hello everyone - hopefully an easy question. My GB premium doesn't save the date and time after the power cycles. Everything else works as it should (I believe). Is this an easy fix or a more complex node board issue?

#9681 18 hours ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Hello everyone - hopefully an easy question. My GB premium doesn't save the date and time after the power cycles. Everything else works as it should (I believe). Is this an easy fix or a more complex node board issue?

Could be the battery?

#9682 18 hours ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Could be the battery?

I didn't realize it had a battery (figured NVRAM), then that makes more sense. I'll take a look thanks.

#9683 18 hours ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I didn't realize it had a battery (figured NVRAM), then that makes more sense. I'll take a look thanks.

Yep it's one of those circle batteries I think a CR2032 or something I can't remember the number.

#9684 17 hours ago

Now if somebody could help me with my nonworking topper issue that would be fabulous. I have a very expensive piece of plastic on top that doesn't flash anymore. Pin works great and the topper is getting power it just stopped working one day and if I had to guess it's probably the board inside of the topper but no idea where to get one of those. According to Stern they don't sell them direct.

E48C24A0-C8BC-4A8C-8C1D-0F647CA27DB7 (resized).jpeg
#9685 12 hours ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Now if somebody could help me with my nonworking topper issue that would be fabulous. I have a very expensive piece of plastic on top that doesn't flash anymore. Pin works great and the topper is getting power it just stopped working one day and if I had to guess it's probably the board inside of the topper but no idea where to get one of those. According to Stern they don't sell them direct.[quoted image]

I'm sure if you said you'd send the faulty one first they'd replace it. Appreciate if they sold the pcbs sepetately people could possibly make their own topper copies

#9686 2 hours ago

Good to know, thanks. I think the regular ones will fit though.

I have a regular Pinstadium set with the Mezel firehouse. It fits, though barely. The bulbs give off a weird prism effect off the firehouse, but some electrical tape over those few bulbs largely fixes the problem.

I like the lighting with the Pinstadiums, but the brackets are a bit ugly over the Yeti art blades, and it is a slight PIA to remove them when you lift the playfield. Trade offs, I guess…

There are 9686 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 194.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside