B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 250.
#901 7 years ago

I have played a routed GB a couple times while waiting for my premium. Can anyone tell me what the red inserts in the Outlane are for. They light but do not perform a ball save. They are in marked.
Thanks
Fortytwo.

#902 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I have played a routed GB a couple times while waiting for my premium. Can anyone tell me what the red inserts in the Outlane are for. They light but do not perform a ball save. They are in marked.
Thanks
Fortytwo.

Right now they don't do anything.

#903 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Right now they don't do anything.

Huh. Since this game is known for bs Outlane draines they should enable them for ball save. It seems like they light after completing a goal or something.

#904 7 years ago

Posted this in the other GB thread but I guess it's probably more apt to post it here...

Got a call from my distro today and they said that Stern called this morning to set up their first shipment of LE's. They are supposed to receive their shipment next Thursday, the 7th. I'm planning on driving over to them same day to pick up my LE. VERY excited! Anyone else hearing any shipment news for the US?

#905 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Huh. Since this game is known for bs Outlane draines they should enable them for ball save. It seems like they light after completing a goal or something.

I think they're just there for lighting purposes.

#906 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think they're just there for lighting purposes.

Ok, then since they seemed locked on for a bit or to signify something was completed I will tie each of them to my topper!

#907 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Ok, then since they seemed locked on for a bit or to signify something was completed I will tie each of them to my topper!

Hmmm...never noticed it myself. They are red and blink with all the other red lighting at MB start...no text by them so I never assumed they had a purpose; but you never know.

#908 7 years ago

Hey guys, my Ghost Trap mini domes on the backboard don't flash bright at all, they have 8 led standard 12v bulbs in them but they hardly light up at all, in fact only 2 of the 8 leds on the bulb light up dimly at all. In the menu the flasher settings only has dim and normal for settings. I tried different bulbs and no change. They use flashers on pc's everywhere else in the game so why not here? Are yours that dim also? I was hoping they were 12v cuz I'd wanted to tie into them for a flasher mod, now I can't. Thanks Stern.

#909 7 years ago

?!? all Ghostbusters Leds % flashers are now 5Volt not longer 12 V

i think this is the same at all spike machines

#910 7 years ago

Right so maybe his domes had 12v ones installed by mistake? Would that cause them to be dim? Put one of the other flashers from the game in those sockets and make sure they say 5v on them.

#911 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

?!? all Ghostbusters Leds % flashers are now 5Volt not longer 12 V
i think this is the same at all spike machines

All the other flashers on the game are the 5v pcb type, only the 2 under the mini domes have 12v sockets and bulbs.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Right so maybe his domes had 12v ones installed by mistake? Would that cause them to be dim? Put one of the other flashers from the game in those sockets and make sure they say 5v on them.

Mine was a first run game but I don't see how Stern could make a mistake like that. There's no way to put another flasher in the sockets, the pcb's have no socket. LOL

Could another Pro owner check theirs and post here?

#912 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

All the other flashers on the game are the 5v pcb type, only the 2 under the mini domes have 12v sockets and bulbs.

In my GOT the sockets look like 12v, but they are indeed 5v. I know cause I tried to replace some with Comets, and they don't sell 5v flashers. I don't think anyone does.

#913 7 years ago

You guys that have had the pro for a while. How's the gameplay standing up to home use?

I've played the pro on location four or five different occasions, and every time I walk away feeling like its a really fun game. Seriously considering this one...

#914 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You guys that have had the pro for a while. How's the gameplay standing up to home use?
I've played the pro on location four or five different occasions, and every time I walk away feeling like its a really fun game. Seriously considering this one...

I've had mine for a little over a month and love it and am having a great time blinging it out. It's not going anywhere.

#915 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Proud GB Pro owner here! It is still bringing fun and excitement to the whole fam!!! Not to mention 5k with shaker motor gives a huge jump on the next pin!! It looks like it will be METALLICA LED PRO! Not bad for 10k total and some diversity... The right ramp is a fun challange to me although a lot of people cry about it !

#916 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I've had mine for a little over a month and love it and am having a great time blinging it out. It's not going anywhere.

back in the day, people would say they had a great time PLAYING a game. Now when blinging it out or the first thoughts become (what crap can I stick in here) before even getting it home. there is something to be said for this new generation of collectors.

#917 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

back in the day, people would say they had a great time PLAYING a game. Now when blinging it out or the first thoughts become (what crap can I stick in here) before even getting it home. there is something to be said for this new generation of collectors.

People with "too much bloody money"

#918 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Step 1: Go to local dollar store

Step 2: Grab Hot glue gun

Step 3: Make your machine look gaudy and post about the "mods" on pinside

#919 7 years ago

The Mod Haters are out in full force! Ha.

#920 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The Mod Haters are out in full force! Ha.

it's not about hating mods. I have some tasteful mods on my games. But when the first thing that goes through your mind when buying a game is what mods you can do. Your priorities are out of order. Usually mods come months or years after you own the game, and you want to spruce something up. After you are bored with it.

#921 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's not about hating mods. I have some tasteful mods on my games. But when the first thing that goes through your mind when buying a game is what mods you can do. Your priorities are out of order. Usually mods come months or years after you own the game, and you want to spruce something up. After you are bored with it.

If that's how you do it great! @CaptainNeo

For the guys that like to jump right in on MODS more power to them!!!?

#922 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

If that's how you do it great! @CaptainNeo
For the guys that like to jump right in on MODS more power to them!!!?

At least the mods I make do something and it's fun thinking of a way to make something actually work.Llike my leg light-ups or making my frosted clear repro Batman Forever shooter gun light up or getting the Bat plane to light up of making the Mustang Gears plastic light up. At least I'm not gluing action figures all over the pf that just sit there and do nothing. Pinball has something for everyone.

#923 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

At least the mods I make do something and it's fun thinking of a way to make something actually work.Llike my leg light-ups or making my frosted clear repro Batman Forever shooter gun light up or getting the Bat plane to light up of making the Mustang Gears plastic light up. At least I'm not gluing action figures all over the pf that just sit there and do nothing. Pinball has something for everyone.

Paul you always do a great job! I am very happy with my Leg Light-ups you sold me on my WOZ..
Keep up the great work !!

#924 7 years ago

To each their own, I suppose... but personally, I like having fun and modding my games BEFORE I get bored with them. I don't see why it's a big deal if someone is excited about their new game and wants to dig in with mods (many of which won't be available forever) WHILE they're immersing themself in what the game has to offer.

*posted while both walking AND chewing gum*

#925 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Paul you always do a great job! I am very happy with my Leg Light-ups you sold me on my WOZ..
Keep up the great work !!

Thanks Frank and your game looks FANTASTIC. They are the culmination of 2 and half months of design work.

#926 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

To each their own, I suppose... but personally, I like having fun and modding my games BEFORE I get bored with them. I don't see why it's a big deal if someone is excited about their new game and wants to dig in with mods (many of which won't be available forever) WHILE they're immersing themself in what the game has to offer.
*posted while both walking AND chewing gum*

Yeah I don't get it either Dave.

"Step on a crack break your mothers back" so be careful walking AND chewing gum.

#927 7 years ago

Can someone look behind the pf back board and see if they have 89 sockets behind the Ghost Trap plastic? That's what I have and they really don't light up at all.

Thanks

#928 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Thanks
Fortytwo.

The left one doesn't do anything aside from light up in attract mode. The right one flashes when you are in Terror Dogs hurry up.

#929 7 years ago

that's fine. Just seems a lot of times, mods becomes more priority than the game itself in many aspects.

#930 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's fine. Just seems a lot of times, mods becomes more priority than the game itself in many aspects.

I think you'd see less mod talk if Stern would start shipping games again. I've bought a few mods just because I'm tired of waiting for the game I was supposed to get two months ago.

#931 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't think anyone out there would put mods before there games! I believe most are so proud and are haveing such a great time and experience with the games that the MODS become a personal expression!

I think MODS a great! What ever MOD makes each owner happy! That's all that matters

#932 7 years ago

godfather2_(resized).jpggodfather2_(resized).jpg

#933 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I don't think anyone out there would put mods before there games! I believe most are so proud and are haveing such a great time and experience with the games that the MODS become a personal expression!
I think MODS a great! What ever MOD makes each owner happy! That's all that matters

Exactly.

#934 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey guys, my Ghost Trap mini domes on the backboard don't flash bright at all, they have 8 led standard 12v bulbs in them but they hardly light up at all, in fact only 2 of the 8 leds on the bulb light up dimly at all. In the menu the flasher settings only has dim and normal for settings. I tried different bulbs and no change. They use flashers on pc's everywhere else in the game so why not here? Are yours that dim also? I was hoping they were 12v cuz I'd wanted to tie into them for a flasher mod, now I can't. Thanks Stern.

Hello. Just a quick note. The socket does not determine the voltage. There is no standard etc. look at the lower playfeild lights on black hole. So yes a socket that will fit a 89 can take multiple voltages. Just depends on the bulb required.
Ba15s base bulb.

#935 7 years ago

Thanks to another pinsider I'm now in the GB club, great pin so far I think its going to take me a month to start all the modes.

IMG_2229[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_2229[1]_(resized).JPG

#936 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Hello. Just a quick note. The socket does not determine the voltage. There is no standard etc. look at the lower playfeild lights on black hole. So yes a socket that will fit a 89 can take multiple voltages. Just depends on the bulb required.
Ba15s base bulb.

Yes I know that but my sockets have 89 bulbs in them so with only 5v going in they really don't light up. I have a wall wort power supply that's switchable, 3, 4.5, 6, 7.5, 9 and 12v, I tested the bulbs that were in the sockets and they are 12v but when powered to 4.5v, which is only half a volt short of 5v only 2 of the 8 smd in the bulb faintly lit and 6v isn't much better. So yes I have 89 sockets but only 5v is being supplied to them which will not light a 12v 89 bulb. I am not aware of a 89 socketed bulb the runs on 5v so please let me know where I can buy some. Why would stern do that to my game. I've seen vids of other Pros and all show bright flashing Ghost Trap flashers. I contacted my distributor and they are talking to Stern.

#937 7 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Thanks to another pinsider I'm now in the GB club, great pin so far I think its going to take me a month to start all the modes.

Congrats.

#938 7 years ago

Got my Candy Raspberry coated armor today and the color looks great on the game. But I need to find another coater cuz one part of a leg didn't turn out well and the coater said "there's nothing I can do about it, it's a flaw in the metal or something, I can redo it but I can't guarantee it will turn out better, there's no money in this kind of job for me so I don't want any more of your business". So I payed them their $300 for my parts and got the fuck out. Any one local DO NOT go to Twin City Powder Coating.

IMGA0595[2]_(resized).JPGIMGA0595[2]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0597[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0597[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0598[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0598[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0601[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0601[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0602[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0602[1]_(resized).JPG

#939 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I am not aware of a 89 socketed bulb the runs on 5v so please let me know where I can buy some

From the research I've done, no LED companies carry them. Stern is the only place using them. Comet is working on them, but not sure what the other companies are doing since I haven't asked them. Sounds like stern accidentally used a 12v bulb and you just need them to send you some 5v ones. Assuming I understand your situation correctly.

#940 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Got my Candy Raspberry coated armor today and the color looks great on the game.

Wow! Gorgeous color and great price for that job. I assume you will be putting this on the GB Premium? You picked a great color for the art package. Would love to find someone local to Atlanta who could do that for me for a decent price.

#941 7 years ago

Question: Can the trim around the back glass be powder coated? Not sure if that is possible...

#942 7 years ago

Wow, $300 and you had to supply the metal as well? They should be happy with your business because they are charging enough. contact paul at virtruapin.net. He offers powdercoating with the hardware included for a much more reasonable price.

#943 7 years ago

You can buy a kit and do your own powder coating:

http://www.eastwood.com/hotcoat-powder-coating/powder-coat-guns.html

Go to craigslist and buy an old used oven - they're cheap - then rig it up in your garage and use it to cure the powder. There are a ton of different finishes and colors available.

Something to ponder anyway. Once you perfect it, there's no limit to what you can do. Actually there is; the size of the oven dictates the largest part you can cure.

#944 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Got my Candy Raspberry coated armor today and the color looks great on the game. But I need to find another coater cuz one part of a leg didn't turn out well and the coater said "there's nothing I can do about it, it's a flaw in the metal or something, I can redo it but I can't guarantee it will turn out better, there's no money in this kind of job for me so I don't want any more of your business". So I payed them their $300 for my parts and got the fuck out. Any one local DO NOT go to Twin City Powder Coating.

Sounds like you need your own long oven

#945 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

DO NOT go to Twin City Powder Coating.

Good to know, I've got some stuff I need to get coated.

#946 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But I need to find another coater cuz one part of a leg didn't turn out well

Meh. Put that leg on the back and fuggedaboutit

#947 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Great job on the color choice! That games just looks incredible with Rasberry. Good to know on Twin City Powder Coating

#948 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Got my Candy Raspberry coated armor today

Lets see some pics of the full cabinet in a lit room. I bet that looks amazing!

#949 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Wow, $300 and you had to supply the metal as well? They should be happy with your business because they are charging enough. contact paul at virtruapin.net. He offers powdercoating with the hardware included for a much more reasonable price.

This link doesn't work

-never mind. I got it. Duh.

#950 7 years ago

I agree with show us a full picture of the game. I too am interested in a similar color on a premium.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
15,699 (OBO)
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.