B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 250.
#9301 2 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

LOL. its not the power cycle. code 1.13 and 1.16 was working good

Ok it worked for me when the exact thing happened

#9302 2 years ago

Thanks i was trying this and didn't help.

Hate to state the obvious but why not try stern direct or your distro. I think it would be poor form if they don't help because the game Is out of warranty or you're not the original owner.

#9303 2 years ago

LOL. its not the power cycle. code 1.13 and 1.16 was working good

look I am all for privacy but you're Country/location and a pic of the dip switches & model of machine (pro, prem, LE?) would go a long way to help, also what website did you download from for the update and link would help?

Cam

#9304 2 years ago

So which one of you is going to sell me your Premium? I would really like to join the group!!! Please and thank you.

#9305 2 years ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

So which one of you is going to sell me your Premium? I would really like to join the group!!! Please and thank you.

Sure, $11k. lol

#9307 2 years ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

I hear you, IMO this is one of the most underrated pins. I looked for a premium for about 3-4 months before I was able to find one. I really wanted the subway ramp and it still hasn’t gotten old for me.

#9308 2 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

I hear you, IMO this is one of the most underrated pins. I looked for a premium for about 3-4 months before I was able to find one. I really wanted the subway ramp and it still hasn’t gotten old for me.

The Magna slings are what got me.

#9309 2 years ago

For those of you who have a topper, can you please go to test for flashers and see if anything flashes when you go to:

Flasher Test
153/12-LP-3
Topper 4

Thanks in advance!

#9310 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

For those of you who have a topper, can you please go to test for flashers and see if anything flashes when you go to:
Flasher Test
153/12-LP-3
Topper 4
Thanks in advance!

No, nothing flashes.

#9311 2 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

No, nothing flashes.

Thanks!

#9312 2 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I was bothered by the flat buildings plastics used in the game. I removed them and made several 3D printer prototypes to get the best appearance and fit.
[quoted image]
Here’s what I ended up with. The buildings behind the firehouse took roughly 4 hours to print and the Stay Puft buildings took a bit over 6 hours. Once 3D printed, the window lights were cut out with a vinyl cutter and adhered, then the buildings were clear-coated.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
There are two separate areas of buildings. I wish both were simple bolt-on, easy installs. They are bolt-on… easy, but they were a little more involved than I wanted them to be.
The buildings behind the firehouse needed the playfield to be raised and I worked from the side of the game. A few screws needed to be loosened and a few removed to obtain access to the existing buildings. Unscrew both bolts at the bottom of the plastic and affix the 3D buildings with the existing mounts and screws.
[quoted image]
The buildings in front of Stay Puft are more visible and impressive, but of course they were more involved to put on. After removing the two screws that hold the stock building plastic, simply affix the 3D buildings with the existing mounts and screws. Sure, but I needed to take the main ramp completely off the game (removing the flap screws, several ramp mounts, unplugging a few items under the playfield and feed through).
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I am pleased with the way these turned out. Here is the final design.
[quoted image]
Such a great game and great toys as is but just wanted something a bit more custom for the buildings.
I made a couple extra sets, if anyone is interested in one. I will list them in a marketplace ad.[quoted image][quoted image]

I'll take a set of the buildings ... add me to the list.

#9313 2 years ago

Recently the subway eject has started shooting out a ball during normal gameplay. It doesn't happen every game, or more than once a game, but it has been happening more often. During normal gameplay, I can hear repeatedly the subway making the "thunk" sound, as if it stopped a ball for an animation and then released it to be ejected back into play, even if there is no ball there! If there is a ball there, it will put it into play.

If I let one of the balls drain, it triggers the end-of-ball bonus sequence. Although there is still a ball on the playfield. Is this a trough issue or a subway issue? I'm planning to run a switch test tomorrow. I just wanted to get input before I start blindly poking around.

#9314 2 years ago

Ejects usually have leaf switch that makes the solenoid trigger. Yours probably needs to be bent a little.

#9315 2 years ago

.Back in stock

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “One for $20 (both for $30). Made from nearly unbreakable PET-G plastic. 1. Airball protector, Left ramp - see below. 2. Right Orbit protector - see below. (see instructions bel...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 2451 times

#9316 2 years ago

Installed hd60609 3D building mod tonight. It came with good instructions and I think it looks awesome!

Just a few notes: Rather than replacing the building plastic behind the firehouse, I placed the 3d building mod in front of it to give it some more depth. And if you have the walking Stay Puft mod, the 3d building is obviously much thicker than the plastic stock one, so I used a zip tie to make the building lean just a little bit forward so Stay Puft's fingers won't hit it when it moves.

Highly Recommended!

20210513_223231 (resized).jpg20210513_223231 (resized).jpg20210513_223311 (resized).jpg20210513_223311 (resized).jpg20210513_224003 (resized).jpg20210513_224003 (resized).jpg
#9317 2 years ago

Installed hd60609 3D building mod tonight. It came with good instructions and I think it looks awesome!
Just a few notes: Rather than replacing the building plastic behind the firehouse, I placed the 3d building mod in front of it to give it some more depth. And if you have the walking Stay Puft mod, the 3d building is obviously much thicker than the plastic stock one, so I used a zip tie to make the building lean just a little bit forward so Stay Puft's fingers won't hit it when it moves.
Highly Recommended![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great job @marioparty34! Cool idea to place the 3D in front of the 2D on the firehouse side. How did you then attach it to the playfield? Just longer screws and sandwich the pieces together? Looking forward to receiving mine today!

#9318 2 years ago

Thanks @rockbiter.

The space back there is a little tight. I think optimally you should use longer screws with spacers. I ended up using some super strong 3M foam tape. The 3D mod is not flat on the back side so it inherently gives you some space between it and the 2D plastic. Feel free to PM me if you have issues with your install.

#9319 2 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Recently the subway eject has started shooting out a ball during normal gameplay. It doesn't happen every game, or more than once a game, but it has been happening more often. During normal gameplay, I can hear repeatedly the subway making the "thunk" sound, as if it stopped a ball for an animation and then released it to be ejected back into play, even if there is no ball there! If there is a ball there, it will put it into play.
If I let one of the balls drain, it triggers the end-of-ball bonus sequence. Although there is still a ball on the playfield. Is this a trough issue or a subway issue? I'm planning to run a switch test tomorrow. I just wanted to get input before I start blindly poking around.

I wanted to add, since your switch seems to stick closed and not open, there's a good chance the switch is going bad. If bending or fiddling with the switch seems to work for a while but the problem comes back replace switch.

#9320 2 years ago

Highly Recommended![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just wanted to echo these comments - the mod came packaged beautifully and installed with no trouble using a long philips head and a stubby ratchet for a couple of turns of the screw on the firehouse side. I was pressed for time and couldn't find longer screws to attach the 2D piece behind the 3D piece on the firehouse side, but may return to do that later, or not. Great stuff!

20210515_111654 (resized).jpg20210515_111654 (resized).jpg20210515_111717 (resized).jpg20210515_111717 (resized).jpg
#9321 2 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I was bothered by the flat buildings plastics used in the game. I removed them and made several 3D printer prototypes to get the best appearance and fit.
[quoted image]
Here’s what I ended up with. The buildings behind the firehouse took roughly 4 hours to print and the Stay Puft buildings took a bit over 6 hours. Once 3D printed, the window lights were cut out with a vinyl cutter and adhered, then the buildings were clear-coated.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
There are two separate areas of buildings. I wish both were simple bolt-on, easy installs. They are bolt-on… easy, but they were a little more involved than I wanted them to be.
The buildings behind the firehouse needed the playfield to be raised and I worked from the side of the game. A few screws needed to be loosened and a few removed to obtain access to the existing buildings. Unscrew both bolts at the bottom of the plastic and affix the 3D buildings with the existing mounts and screws.
[quoted image]
The buildings in front of Stay Puft are more visible and impressive, but of course they were more involved to put on. After removing the two screws that hold the stock building plastic, simply affix the 3D buildings with the existing mounts and screws. Sure, but I needed to take the main ramp completely off the game (removing the flap screws, several ramp mounts, unplugging a few items under the playfield and feed through).
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I am pleased with the way these turned out. Here is the final design.
[quoted image]
Such a great game and great toys as is but just wanted something a bit more custom for the buildings.
I made a couple extra sets, if anyone is interested in one. I will list them in a marketplace ad.[quoted image][quoted image]

I’d like a set too please , pm sent

#9322 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Ejects usually have leaf switch that makes the solenoid trigger. Yours probably needs to be bent a little.

Quoted from wtatumjr:

If bending or fiddling with the switch seems to work for a while but the problem comes back replace switch.

I haven't had time to dig into yet. I'll probably be able to check the switch this afternoon. Thanks for the advice!

#9323 2 years ago

Looking for advice. Sometimes when a ball heads up the right orbit it hits the gate to exit the pop area, jamming the gate closed, so when a ball tries to roll out of the pops it gets stuck. I am not exactly sure how the gate should sit, and I've had a hell of a time bending it. Thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-pop-exit-gate-jamming-shut#post-6286254

Thanks!

ghostbusters pop gate (resized).jpgghostbusters pop gate (resized).jpg
#9324 2 years ago

I was having a great game tonight when all of a sudden I see this rolling towards my flippers.

Being OCD, I had to stop my game and remove the glass to retrieve it. I have no idea where it goes. Can anyone help? It's made of hard plastic not rubber. Thx

20210518_221605 (resized).jpg20210518_221605 (resized).jpg
#9325 2 years ago

Loosen both screws to it and push it up slightly then tighten, you have about a mm or two of wiggle room. . The gate should clear the black lip under the screw. I ran into this too and it was super easy. No bending required.

Quoted from honkbahh:

Looking for advice. Sometimes when a ball heads up the right orbit it hits the gate to exit the pop area, jamming the gate closed, so when a ball tries to roll out of the pops it gets stuck. I am not exactly sure how the gate should sit, and I've had a hell of a time bending it. Thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-pop-exit-gate-jamming-shut#post-6286254
Thanks!
[quoted image]

#9326 2 years ago

Any nuts missing? That looks like a spacer for a piece of plastic.

I was having a great game tonight when all of a sudden I see this rolling towards my flippers.
Being OCD, I had to stop my game and remove the glass to retrieve it. I have no idea where it goes. Can anyone help? It's made of hard plastic not rubber. Thx
[quoted image]

#9327 2 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Any nuts missing? That looks like a spacer for a piece of plastic.

I looked everywhere as that is exactly what I thought it was. I can't find where it goes for the life of me. I am just going to keep it in a ziplock for now. I am sure at some point I will figure it out. I was just hoping someone might look at it and go "oh yes, I know where that belongs".

#9328 2 years ago

I know on the pro there is a post mounted upside down under the right ramp to stop a ball going on to the plastic - look for a missing or empty screw

#9329 2 years ago

HUO Ghostbusters Premium coming in. Stock game, no play field issues, as far as I can tell. Plays should be in the 1300 range, but will verify.

#9330 2 years ago

I apologize for spamming this thread, but I have just 4 of these left. Price includes shipping within the CONUS.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/92892

#9331 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I apologize for spamming this thread, but I have just 4 of these left. Price includes shipping within the CONUS.

I have these on my game and they are awesome!

#9332 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/92892

your still better than cpr9999 with his airball / right deflectors spam

#9333 2 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

your still better than cpr9999 with his airball / right deflectors spam

LOL - great product.

I just don’t have a shop so this is best way to connect.

#9334 2 years ago

I closed the Ad as I think I’ve sold out if everyone that contacted me goes through with their purchase.

I think we did 4 runs of these and I want to thank everyone that purchased a set.

Working with Cliffy to make these available has been a highlight of being in the hobby for me. Thanks again Cliffy

#9335 2 years ago

Hey guys! Anybody have a premium/le library building they'd like to sell? I'd also be interested in a 14th street sign plastic if you got one too. Thanks!

#9336 2 years ago

help...i have the small hot wheels size ecto 1 size lighted mod (came loose with my machine when i bought it), it has 2 wires coming out...no plug or clips...and no installation instructions....i want to mount it to the left ramp air ball protector. what do wire it to under the playfield? solder it to the ecto lighted insert?

#9338 2 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Loosen both screws to it and push it up slightly then tighten, you have about a mm or two of wiggle room. . The gate should clear the black lip under the screw. I ran into this too and it was super easy. No bending required.

Thanks! I loosened both screws and pushed the gate up a mm or two and tightened it down, as I've done in the past. Here is a new pic, but it still doesn't look like the gate is sitting correctly. The gate does not sit in the little nook for it. Maybe this isn't the original washer and I need a smaller one?

ghostbusters raised gate (resized).jpgghostbusters raised gate (resized).jpg

#9339 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

Thanks! I loosened both screws and pushed the gate up a mm or two and tightened it down, as I've done in the past. Here is a new pic, but it still doesn't look like the gate is sitting correctly. The gate does not sit in the little nook for it. Maybe this isn't the original washer and I need a smaller one?
[quoted image]

Yeah that's not correct. Here is a pic of mine, maybe yours is bent?
image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpeg

#9340 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Yeah that's not correct. Here is a pic of mine, maybe yours is bent?
[quoted image]

This picture is immensely helpful! Yours does not have the washer at all! Wonder why mine has one... There has to be a reason. Maybe the screw is not the right size and too long, or covering up a crack? Also, is it possible we recently talked on KLOV about Food Fight?

#9341 2 years ago

checked mine and no washer as well

the washer is actually holding out the gate as well and not allowing to sit vertically down

#9342 2 years ago

Can anyone confirm that StayPuft turns red during a mode? Today I played through the entire ladder and destroyed him, but he still didn't turn red at any point. He just lite up white. I thought someone told me he gets angry and lights up red after a few hits. Thanks for any info.

#9343 2 years ago

Does anyone have recommendations for adjusting the left orbit so that it doesn't come as close to center draining when the ball is exiting it? I tried to adjust the lower edge to move it inward towards the library scoop but that doesnt seem to be solving the problem. Sometimes when the ball is coming quickly out through the left orbit exit it doesn't stay on the orbit wall all the way through and center drains. Anyone else have this issue? I feel like the entire orbit needs to be adjusted more towards the back if that makes sense?

#9344 2 years ago

Hey guys, my son is 6 and obsessed with the Ectomobile so I’m on a search for the rare topper. Any guys on here have one for sale or know any replica makers? Thanks!

#9345 2 years ago

Put these in last night!
Thanks Sam.
freddy

35D67191-B474-4915-B17C-B33E47D84290 (resized).jpeg35D67191-B474-4915-B17C-B33E47D84290 (resized).jpeg8B0959EC-CBF9-4F68-9227-8D3780AEB683 (resized).jpeg8B0959EC-CBF9-4F68-9227-8D3780AEB683 (resized).jpeg
#9346 2 years ago

Can anyone confirm that StayPuft turns red during a mode? Today I played through the entire ladder and destroyed him, but he still didn't turn red at any point. He just lite up white. I thought someone told me he gets angry and lights up red after a few hits. Thanks for any info.

I recall that he has colors flashing at the very end of the StayPuft mode. When the game holds the ball and you hear "the door swings both ways. We could reverse the particle flow by crossing the streams." There's got to be a test in the service menu as well.

#9347 2 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

Does anyone have recommendations for adjusting the left orbit so that it doesn't come as close to center draining when the ball is exiting it? I tried to adjust the lower edge to move it inward towards the library scoop but that doesnt seem to be solving the problem. Sometimes when the ball is coming quickly out through the left orbit exit it doesn't stay on the orbit wall all the way through and center drains. Anyone else have this issue? I feel like the entire orbit needs to be adjusted more towards the back if that makes sense?

Take a pliers and bend the scoop toward the center of the playfield (not to much, just a little). worked for me

#9348 2 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

Take a pliers and bend the scoop towards the center of the playfield .(not to much, just a little) worked for me

#9349 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I recall that he has colors flashing at the very end of the StayPuft mode. When the game holds the ball and you hear "the door swings both ways. We could reverse the particle flow by crossing the streams." There's got to be a test in the service menu as well.

I looked in the test menu. I could not find it. There was a lot of flashing towards the end of the Stay Puft mode, but I didn't see any red emanating from within. I am starting to think perhaps it's just from the playfield GI or flashers that people think it flashes red.

#9350 2 years ago

Hi

Anyone get a replacement populated GB Prem field from Stern due to clear issues etc and didn’t send it back ?

If anyone would like to sell it - don’t care if there were issues on it as long as it’s complete

Message me I wouldn’t mind upgrading my pro

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/187?hl=jherre6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.