IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 250.
#9251 2 years ago

On my Pto

Any fixes in a ball getting stuck behind Slimers Ass when he is down

#9252 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

On my Pto
Any fixes in a ball getting stuck behind Slimers Ass when he is down

Maybe some senna or a little prune juice? Poor Slimer. It’s all those hot dogs.

#9253 2 years ago

I want to join the club soon.

What is everyone's option on Pro vs Premium?

I know the pro doesnt have the subway or Slimer if I remember right.

Does it make the game feel radically different? A pro is more my budget but could save up the extra for a premium.

#9254 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheberha:

Does it make the game feel radically different? A pro is more my budget but could save up the extra for a premium.

I’ve played both and went with pro love my pro!!!

#9255 2 years ago

I have been slack with providing a manual for the Ghostbuster Containment Mod so finally pulled my finger out and completed a Rev1 of the mod, though will need to do a Rev2 as I did upgrade the cabinet in looks - waiting on a few parts.

Manual can be found here under Kit Builds - GB Containment Mod
https://swinks.com.au/manuals

DSCF0243 (resized).jpgDSCF0243 (resized).jpgIMG_E2038 (resized).jpgIMG_E2038 (resized).jpg
#9256 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is it common to get a lot of sdtm drains from the Gozer lane in the middle?

Yes, also exiting the left orbit.

#9257 2 years ago

In GB, you get drains from EVERYWHERE!!!

GB needs serious nudging skills.

#9258 2 years ago

One thing that really helped me with this game was turning the flippers down from the default setting of "high" to "normal". I find my ball times to be much longer, and my ability to hit all of the shots is unaffected. Sure I still get STDM drains with this huge flipper gap, but I find that by slowing the flippers down I get far less clank shots that previously resulted in drains.

#9259 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheberha:

I bought a Premium NIB, and I never think the Premiums offer enough to justify the additional cost. The magnaslings alone made me pull the trigger on a Premium. They were made for this game (Ghosts doing funky stuff with the balls). The other stuff is negotiable for sure, but those magnaslings are a game changer for me. Nothing like cradling a ball or two during a multiball, only to have the magnaslings pull them off the flipper and send them somewhere else.

#9260 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I bought a Premium NIB, and I never think the Premiums offer enough to justify the additional cost. The magnaslings alone made me pull the trigger on a Premium. They were made for this game (Ghosts doing funky stuff with the balls). The other stuff is negotiable for sure, but those magnaslings are a game changer for me. Nothing like cradling a ball or two during a multiball, only to have the magnaslings pull them off the flipper and send them somewhere else.

I agree and said the same exact thing. The magnaslings are awesome..

#9261 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Maybe some senna or a little prune juice? Poor Slimer. It’s all those hot dogs.

Thanks

I shall hold a family meet to discuss our health concerns LOL

#9262 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

This. When I first saw the magna slings in action I was both infuriated and blown away in amazement at the same time. I actually enjoy when I'm having a good round and the slings take my ball and toss it STDM. The theme integration makes me feel like I deserved to have the ball drained and gives me a chuckle.

#9263 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

This. When I first saw the magna slings in action I was both infuriated and blown away in amazement at the same time. I actually enjoy when I'm having a good round and the slings take my ball and toss it STDM. The theme integration makes me feel like I deserved to have the ball drained and gives me a chuckle.

Luckily mine hardly ever tosses it SDTM...

#9264 2 years ago

Now that we are on the topic of magna slings....

Does anyone know what the different "states" of the slings are? I've never seen any information online about this, but based on what I can tell there are 3 different states...

1. Light off: Seems like they sling the ball directly back like a normal sling would
2. Light on: Seems to me like they sling the ball in random directions up, down, left, right
3. Blinking light: In this state they definitely grab the ball and hold it for a second before dropping it to the flipper.

#9265 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Not on mine.

#9266 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Luckily mine hardly ever tosses it SDTM...

It happens the farther into the game you get from what I have seen, and the more ghosts you capture maybe? I've seen it where the ball comes down from the ramp and hits the sling...the sling will freeze it and almost wind up like it's pitching it and toss it between the flippers. You can fit a mac truck between the flippers so perhaps it isn't aiming to drain me, but it sometimes does.

#9267 2 years ago

Lottsa good magna sling action in this video, when both lights are on in front of sling they are way more active! And as you can see, sdtm from pops isn’t “common” but it does happen, never from the left orbit unless game is set up on an angle. The premium offers more than any other game to date compared to its pro model! The list is long, for me the slings and pke ramp, the subway virtual lock! The flying slimer (opposed to just up n down) The metal subway ramp, the optical screen thing could be way better tho Really great game, pro is a really sweet game as well , but the premium is for sure next level!,and the best premium vs pro to date imo . Now go play! Or watch my video, color dmd is so good on this game !

#9268 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Absolutely!

#9269 2 years ago

Protectors in stock for left ramp and right orbit.

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “One for $20 (both for $30). Made from nearly unbreakable PET-G plastic. 1. Airball protector, Left ramp - see below. 2. Right Orbit protector - see below. (see instructions bel...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 2451 times

#9270 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

It happens the farther into the game you get from what I have seen, and the more ghosts you capture maybe? I've seen it where the ball comes down from the ramp and hits the sling...the sling will freeze it and almost wind up like it's pitching it and toss it between the flippers. You can fit a mac truck between the flippers so perhaps it isn't aiming to drain me, but it sometimes does.

This isnt my first rodeo on the game lol. It just doesnt happen to my game...

#9271 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

This isnt my first rodeo on the game lol. It just doesnt happen to my game...

Yee Haaawww! Roundup them ghost partner!!

#9272 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Yee Haaawww! Roundup them ghost partner!!

hahahah!

#9273 2 years ago

Now just to find a Ghostbusters.. anyone feel like selling?

#9274 2 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Another fun one. 3.9b game. Mass hysteria, Lottsa good mode completion, decent pke , staypuft, wcws with multipliers , good example of the color dmd as well, a must have mod imo ! Enjoy

Quite enjoyed watching that. Cheers.

#9275 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Now I know why I never saw it.. he signed in black ink. Totally blends into the artwork.

Not something to be proud of in my opinion. I have an LE with his signature and wish i could remove it.

#9276 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Not something to be proud of in my opinion. I have an LE with his signature and wish i could remove it.

It should be removable. Isn’t it on top of the clearcoat?

#9277 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I would try a small amount of Rain X, it should remove the signature quite easily.

#9278 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Really? I understand the background but I still think its cool to have.

I would imagein any kind of polish would remove it.. Novus 2...

#9279 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I would imagein any kind of polish would remove it.. Novus 2...

To be honest, I havent tried. I will now.I just didnt want to mess up the clear coat in any way, so i just left it alone

#9280 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

To be honest, I havent tried. I will now.I just didnt want to mess up the clear coat in any way, so i just left it alone

I wouldnt be surprised if that signature is under the clear... Curious..

#9281 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheberha:

I have the premium and have played the Pro. For some machines I do not feel the difference is worth the cost although for Ghostbusters I would always go Premium if I could. Although there is nothing wrong with the Pro either. Just a personal preference.

1 week later
#9282 2 years ago

I was bothered by the flat buildings plastics used in the game. I removed them and made several 3D printer prototypes to get the best appearance and fit.
IMG_7346 (resized).JPGIMG_7346 (resized).JPG

Here’s what I ended up with. The buildings behind the firehouse took roughly 4 hours to print and the Stay Puft buildings took a bit over 6 hours. Once 3D printed, the window lights were cut out with a vinyl cutter and adhered, then the buildings were clear-coated.
IMG_7368 (resized).JPGIMG_7368 (resized).JPG
IMG_7370 (resized).JPGIMG_7370 (resized).JPG
IMG_7372 (resized).JPGIMG_7372 (resized).JPG

There are two separate areas of buildings. I wish both were simple bolt-on, easy installs. They are bolt-on… easy, but they were a little more involved than I wanted them to be.

The buildings behind the firehouse needed the playfield to be raised and I worked from the side of the game. A few screws needed to be loosened and a few removed to obtain access to the existing buildings. Unscrew both bolts at the bottom of the plastic and affix the 3D buildings with the existing mounts and screws.
IMG_7349 (resized).JPGIMG_7349 (resized).JPG

The buildings in front of Stay Puft are more visible and impressive, but of course they were more involved to put on. After removing the two screws that hold the stock building plastic, simply affix the 3D buildings with the existing mounts and screws. Sure, but I needed to take the main ramp completely off the game (removing the flap screws, several ramp mounts, unplugging a few items under the playfield and feed through).
IMG_7390 (resized).JPGIMG_7390 (resized).JPG
IMG_7388 (resized).JPGIMG_7388 (resized).JPG
I am pleased with the way these turned out. Here is the final design.
IMG_8082 (resized).JPGIMG_8082 (resized).JPG
Such a great game and great toys as is but just wanted something a bit more custom for the buildings.
I made a couple extra sets, if anyone is interested in one. I will list them in a marketplace ad.IMG_8310 (resized).JPGIMG_8310 (resized).JPG

IMG_7513 (resized).JPGIMG_7513 (resized).JPG
#9283 2 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I was bothered by the flat buildings plastics used in the game. I removed them and made several 3D printer prototypes to get the best appearance and fit.
[quoted image]
Here’s what I ended up with. The buildings behind the firehouse took roughly 4 hours to print and the Stay Puft buildings took a bit over 6 hours. Once 3D printed, the window lights were cut out with a vinyl cutter and adhered, then the buildings were clear-coated.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
There are two separate areas of buildings. I wish both were simple bolt-on, easy installs. They are bolt-on… easy, but they were a little more involved than I wanted them to be.
The buildings behind the firehouse needed the playfield to be raised and I worked from the side of the game. A few screws needed to be loosened and a few removed to obtain access to the existing buildings. Unscrew both bolts at the bottom of the plastic and affix the 3D buildings with the existing mounts and screws.
[quoted image]
The buildings in front of Stay Puft are more visible and impressive, but of course they were more involved to put on. After removing the two screws that hold the stock building plastic, simply affix the 3D buildings with the existing mounts and screws. Sure, but I needed to take the main ramp completely off the game (removing the flap screws, several ramp mounts, unplugging a few items under the playfield and feed through).
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Such a great game and great toys as is but just wanted something a bit more custom for the buildings.
I made a couple extra sets, if anyone is interested in one. I will list them in a marketplace ad.[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! Those are beautiful. Nice work.

#9284 2 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I made a couple extra sets, if anyone is interested in one. I will list them

Those look great. I’ll definitely take a set.

#9285 2 years ago

Question? I have a premium and was thinking of doing a straight a trade for another Stern premium. What would be a good machine for a straight across trade? Mine is in great shape, has the Stern blades on the inside, shaker, and lighted buttons. Shooter lane protector, and switch cliffys on the drop ramp switches, and kick out hole, oh and air ball protectors also has all the stern upgrades. V/R Shawn

Added over 3 years ago:

N/A

#9286 2 years ago

I’ll take a set as well, they look great!

#9287 2 years ago

they look great and was something I want to do in the future as well, well done

#9288 2 years ago

I will take a set.

Quoted from hd60609:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I made a couple extra sets, if anyone is interested in one. I will list them in a marketplace ad.[quoted image][quoted image]

#9290 2 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

pm sent

#9291 2 years ago

I’d like a set!

#9292 2 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Absolutely need a set! Sent a PM

#9293 2 years ago

Me too!

#9294 2 years ago

Very cool, interested in a set but don't see the ad up.

#9295 2 years ago

Have White Water to trade!

Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for HUO GB Premium in great condition - in the MD/DC/Del/VA area. Mods not necessary. Have a nice White Water that could be used in trade. Please contact!”
2021-05-08
Gaithersburg, MD
Wanted
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 37 times

#9296 2 years ago

Hello guys. i have a Ghostbusters LE with old code (1.13) when i update it to the new code im getting this error. i was trying with another CPU but same issue....
anybody here have a old code for LE to send me so i can downgrade? 1.13 or 1.16 because 1.17 not working. or someone with pinball browser can solve this issue?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Thanks

#9297 2 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

Hello guys. i have a Ghostbusters LE with old code (1.13) when i update it to the new code im getting this error. i was trying with another CPU but same issue....
anybody here have a old code for LE to send me so i can downgrade? 1.13 or 1.16 because 1.17 not working. or someone with pinball browser can solve this issue?
[quoted image]
Thanks

Virus…. Kidding
Power cycle it. Check to make sure your power cord is secure on both ends. Change outlet if possible

#9298 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Virus…. Kidding
Power cycle it. Check to make sure your power cord is secure on both ends. Change outlet if possible

LOL. its not the power cycle. code 1.13 and 1.16 was working good

#9299 2 years ago

Set a different country code? Via the switches. What is it set? See the manual for which dip switch is for which country. USA should work.

#9300 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Set a different country code? Via the switches. What is it set? See the manual for which dip switch is for which country. USA should work.

Thanks i was trying this and didn't help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
15,699 (OBO)
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 103.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/186 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.