IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 250.
#9201 3 years ago

Happy to join the club today!

I have an LCD in mine, but the graphics look blurry to me on both HiRes and on Scan especially in the ecto1 hits slimer (extra ball) animation. Is it just me?

#9202 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Thanks. It just looks like something should be there.. like a post or a spotlight or something.

I put a piece of candy corn on mine

#9203 3 years ago

..New run complete...

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “One for $20 (both for $30). Made from nearly unbreakable PET-G plastic. 1. Airball protector, Left ramp - see below. 2. Right Orbit protector - see below. (see instructions bel...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 2451 times

#9204 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Order these last week and got them today. Super easy to install and already stopped a wild ball from rail hopping. Thanks !

Thanks for the order. They aren’t a 100% fix, but I think they help a lot while keeping a factory look. Cliff knocked it out of the park with the manufacturing.

#9205 3 years ago

Hello all. I swear this machine is haunted(!) Lost the 5v supply now. The LED is off in the backbox. Is this a simple fuse replacement, or not? The manual isn't really clear about it.

This is after I had to replace node boards 8 and 9 half a year ago.

Thanks for any help.

#9206 3 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Hello all. I swear this machine is haunted(!) Lost the 5v supply now. The LED is off in the backbox. Is this a simple fuse replacement, or not? The manual isn't really clear about it.
Thanks for any help.

Definitely haunted!

#9207 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Definitely haunted!

Then who’s he gonna call?

#9208 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Then who’s he gonna call?

38E3EBB6-90FF-43F2-81DA-2D7111ADFE17.gif38E3EBB6-90FF-43F2-81DA-2D7111ADFE17.gif
#9209 3 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Thanks for any help.

the backbox light is the main board, the LEDS are integrated on the actual PCB, mine went out as well. requires PCB replacement. $$$

Stern really F&@%ed the LED's on spike 1, dumb design

#9210 3 years ago

I just got a GB Pro this weekend and I have to say, the airballs from the targets to the left and right of the left ramp are pretty crazy. I've seen that there are two solutions:
1) Put a piece of lexan above the targets to deflect the ball
2) Adjust the angle and height of the targets with Swinks' brackets

Which do you prefer?

#9211 3 years ago
Quoted from TimMachine:

I just got a GB Pro this weekend and I have to say, the airballs from the targets to the left and right of the left ramp are pretty crazy. I've seen that there are two solutions:
1) Put a piece of lexan above the targets to deflect the ball
2) Adjust the angle and height of the targets with Swinks brackets
Which do you prefer?

of course I am going to say my brackets but people need to understand what the problem is:
a) Stern cheaped out with the target bracket design - making them vertical and lower to the playfield - 90's bally were tilted forward and higher
b) the pan angle of the targets in the playfield

- the lexan solution tames the airballs but still allows the balls to get minimal air time and come down on the playfield so still going to contribute to dimples etc
- the brackets stop most air-balls due to sitting higher in the playfield and angled down but do not solve the pan angle issue.
- the pan angle issue is the placement of the target in the playfield and if a ball hits the side of a target it can still cause an airball hence why my brackets don't 100% remove airballs - sadly the hole in the playfield does not allow for the target to be panned a little to left or right..

as for the brackets that are getting excellent results on the recent Stern Turtles game heavily reducing the air-balls so the theory and brackets are transferrable to other games and getting good results.

#9212 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

- the brackets stop most air-balls due to sitting higher in the playfield and angled down but do not solve the pan angle issue.

So it sounds like a combination of both should help?

#9213 3 years ago
Quoted from TimMachine:

So it sounds like a combination of both should help?

or try one then the other

for me I was getting multiple airballs a game early days but maybe one every 10 games and it is from the side of the target

#9214 3 years ago

I said screw it and used both to be done with it.

#9215 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I said screw it and used both to be done with it.

I just ordered Swinks brackets. I have to say I don't think I've ever paid so much for a little metal bracket.

Too bad these have to be on-demand manufactured.

#9216 3 years ago
Quoted from TimMachine:

I just ordered Swinks brackets. I have to say I don't think I've ever paid so much for a little metal bracket.
Too bad these have to be on-demand manufactured.

they are expensive as are 3d printed metal and yes on demand

thanks for the support

1 week later
#9217 3 years ago

I can't get enough of GB! It's such a great game.

I was read somewhere that the marshmallow man changes colors. Mine stays white all the time.

Does yours change colors?

#9218 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I was read somewhere that the marshmallow man changes colors. Mine stays white all the time.

During stay puft mode I think mine may go yellowish and maybe eventually red??

#9219 3 years ago

I'm having a problem with my 2-year-old G.B. pro game.
problem; I start the game shoot the ball and it makes an explosion sound (sound like when a ball hits Gozer) before the ball hits anything and it shows ghosts caught 12, 48 erratic the goes into Super Looping mode until the timer runs out (this happens sporadically). Sometimes when I start a game the Lost Ball Checker the playfield for a lost ball, then the rest of the games plays correctly.
I did a switch test through the computer and no problems there. I also did a “REST” on the machine yesterday and it played correctly for five or six games then started acting up again.
Anybody have any idea what is wrong?
Thanks.

#9220 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

yes. i think it does. i have a pro.

#9221 3 years ago

Hey all - A couple weeks ago I posted about a GB prem that I picked up with a permanent center post drilled into the playfield. I have no issue with folks installing a centerpost, but wanted to return mine to original gameplay.....thanks for all the suggestions on methods to repair. I eventually decided to try to fill the hole with apoxy, spot paint and clear coat it. The results are below, I'm not completely happy with the job that I did as its not completely flat (feathered) and the paint is slightly off, but I have never done a repair like this before. Think I might throw a small piece of mylar over it an call it a day because I'm lazy, but I might go back someday and try to smooth it down/match the paint better. Pics are below...
gb (resized).jpggb (resized).jpggb2 (resized).jpggb2 (resized).jpggb3 (resized).jpggb3 (resized).jpggb4 (resized).jpggb4 (resized).jpggb5 (resized).jpggb5 (resized).jpg

#9222 3 years ago
Quoted from acep51:

I'm having a problem with my 2-year-old G.B. pro game.
problem; I start the game shoot the ball and it makes an explosion sound (sound like when a ball hits Gozer) before the ball hits anything and it shows ghosts caught 12, 48 erratic the goes into Super Looping mode until the timer runs out (this happens sporadically). Sometimes when I start a game the Lost Ball Checker the playfield for a lost ball, then the rest of the games plays correctly.
I did a switch test through the computer and no problems there. I also did a “REST” on the machine yesterday and it played correctly for five or six games then started acting up again.
Anybody have any idea what is wrong?
Thanks.

Hmmm, would seem to me that you have a switch or switches that are being activated. What is the animation on the screen when you hear the explosion sound? The playfield multiplier animation also has an explosion sound, could be an issue with those switches including other ones?

#9223 3 years ago

Got my GB out of storage after 2 years. Set it up and played ~20 games or so, then on the next start up got this message:

"Updating node board runtime"
[ 1 ] [ 8...] [ 9...]

Then it says "UPDATE FAILED"

SO... after searching for that problem here it seems one of my boards is likely dead. My question is, Is it Board #1 or Board #8? There some LEDs I should be looking for on the board itself to tell me which is not receiving power? Thanks,

node board (resized).jpgnode board (resized).jpg
#9224 3 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

Hmmm, would seem to me that you have a switch or switches that are being activated. What is the animation on the screen when you hear the explosion sound? The playfield multiplier animation also has an explosion sound, could be an issue with those switches including other ones?

I had the same sound. I believe it was a switch activation as I could have a ball waiting in the shooter lane and after hearing the sound, it would auto plunge. That's why I think of a switch activation. I reseated the opto plug on the ecto screen area and it seems to have subsided. But I'm only guessing at the moment.

Obviously you have a pro so you don't have that opto switch, but maybe another switch is the culprit

#9225 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Yea, they bug me too lol. I usually plug it with a screw.

Yeah it bugs me now that I noticed it..

I've decided I'm gonna put something there.. I put in a post for now and I pre-ordered this ghostbusters ghost figure.
I think having a ghost flying above the ramp would be cool and... well this guy's eyeball can be replaced with something else that's round and shiny.

ghost (resized).jpegghost (resized).jpeg
#9226 3 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

Hey all - A couple weeks ago I posted about a GB prem that I picked up with a permanent center post drilled into the playfield. I have no issue with folks installing a centerpost, but wanted to return mine to original gameplay.....thanks for all the suggestions on methods to repair. I eventually decided to try to fill the hole with apoxy, spot paint and clear coat it. The results are below, I'm not completely happy with the job that I did as its not completely flat (feathered) and the paint is slightly off, but I have never done a repair like this before. Think I might throw a small piece of mylar over it an call it a day because I'm lazy, but I might go back someday and try to smooth it down/match the paint better. Pics are below...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good! Thanks for posting I was interested in how this would turn out.

#9227 3 years ago
Quoted from Wulftown:Looks good! Thanks for posting I was interested in how this would turn out.

Thanks! I really cant notice it too much during gameplay especially with the UV trough light....I was hesitant to go hard with the sanding in order to get it feathered out appropriately. In hindsight I have read (from Vid's threads) that its better to only fill the hole 3/4 of the way with apoxy and do the top with bondo as it is easier to sand. Maybe ill try that if I dive back in, in the future.

#9228 3 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

Thanks! I really cant notice it too much during gameplay especially with the UV trough light....I was hesitant to go hard with the sanding in order to get it feathered out appropriately. In hindsight I have read (from Vid's threads) that its better to only fill the hole 3/4 of the way with apoxy and do the top with bondo as it is easier to sand. Maybe ill try that if I dive back in, in the future.

Brush some dark blue on it clear it and call it a day!

#9229 3 years ago

Does anyone know if it’s possible to buy the decal for the speaker panel? I recently bought a ghostbusters pro and the decal has a pretty big scratch.

#9230 3 years ago
Quoted from TimMachine:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to buy the decal for the speaker panel? I recently bought a ghostbusters pro and the decal has a pretty big scratch.

I bought one from Marco, though it looks like they're out of stock now.

#9231 3 years ago

Question for you guys.. Over the weekend I was doing a wax on my GB Premium and I noticed that the playfield was sitting really tight against the right side cabinet. I am not able to move it over at all once it is in place. I cant find anything restricting it or anything.

Any thoughts? Its not a huge deal, just strange. i dont remember it being like that previously.

#9232 3 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

I bought one from Marco, though it looks like they're out of stock now.

Pretty sure they are out for good. I have had the same issue finding one and keep checking but they haven't had any for at least 6 months or so.

#9233 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Pretty sure they are out for good. I have had the same issue finding one and keep checking but they haven't had any for at least 6 months or so.

Bummer. Maybe I’ll call a distributor with the part number and see if they can get one from Stern.

#9234 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Question for you guys.. Over the weekend I was doing a wax on my GB Premium and I noticed that the playfield was sitting really tight against the right side cabinet. I am not able to move it over at all once it is in place. I cant find anything restricting it or anything.
Any thoughts? Its not a huge deal, just strange. i dont remember it being like that previously.

Is there any play side to side when the playfield is lifted? I definitely have some side to side play when it’s lifted up. Maybe take a pic of the rail guides and rails when the playfield is lifted, I suppose they could be bent?

#9235 3 years ago

Does anyone have pinstadium neo installed on a premium or LE with the upgraded firehouse? Seems like you would need to cut into the top plastic of the pinstadium for it to fit?

#9236 3 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

Is there any play side to side when the playfield is lifted? I definitely have some side to side play when it’s lifted up. Maybe take a pic of the rail guides and rails when the playfield is lifted, I suppose they could be bent?

yes, there is room to move it when it is lifted. It is only when it is put in place for playing that it gets squeezed against the ride cabinet side.. I even tried pulling it from the side but it will not budge at all. And its mainly on the back end thats up against the cabinet, not the front.

There is nothing out of place with the rail guides that I can see. Not even sure how they would get bent..

Essentially there isnt a "problem" as I can put the side art protectors on and nothing gets scratched. Its just strange.

#9237 2 years ago

I was having the common problem with the switch not activating on the left ramp, especially on fast balls. I replaced the switch and was still having the problem. I fixed it now by placing a strip of relatively thick tape at the top of the left ramp and it works perfectly as a ‘speed bump’. This tape/speed bump slows the ball just enough to now trigger the switch 100% of the time without having the ball role back. If your left ramp switch isn’t always registering I’d recommend you try this. Bee

#9238 2 years ago

So maybe I'm blind, but I don't think so.... I can't seem to find a signature on my le playfield.

I know in the DMD era, designers would sign below the flipper somewhere, but I don't seem to have a signature.

Never noticed this in the years I've owned it.

Can someone snap a pic of theirs with a signature? (I know some premiums got signed playfields too)

#9239 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

So maybe I'm blind, but I don't think so.... I can't seem to find a signature on my le playfield.
I know in the DMD era, designers would sign below the flipper somewhere, but I don't seem to have a signature.
Never noticed this in the years I've owned it.
Can someone snap a pic of theirs with a signature? (I know some premiums got signed playfields too)

Here you go!

20210420_231016 (resized).jpg20210420_231016 (resized).jpg
#9240 2 years ago

I know it’s well sought after, but if anyone has the marshmallow shooter they’d be willing to let go, I’d pay 120 for it. That’s almost 3x the original price

Thanks so much for all the help everyone.

#9241 2 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

I know it’s well sought after, but if anyone has the marshmallow shooter they’d be willing to let go, I’d pay 120 for it. That’s almost 3x the original price
Thanks so much for all the help everyone.

I've been looking for one for a long time too.

Not much out there unless you buy a game with one lol

#9242 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I've been looking for one for a long time too.
Not much out there unless you buy a game with one lol

https://modfatherpinball.com/products/ghostbusters-stay-puft-character-head-shooter

#9243 2 years ago

Ohh that’s a nice cup he has as well! Something about the simplicity of the official one really makes me want that one. You’ll never get anything unless you ask, so figure I’d just throw it out there. Thanks all!

#9244 2 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Ohh that’s a nice cup he has as well! Something about the simplicity of the official one really makes me want that one. You’ll never get anything unless you ask, so figure I’d just throw it out there. Thanks all!

Ive bought a couple of his drink holders for my other games. Always top notch quality.

#9245 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ive bought a couple of his drink holders for my other games. Always top notch quality.

I have his marshmallow man speaker grills. I went to his house to pick them up and got to play some games.

Great guy!

#9246 2 years ago

Pretty fun game I got on video today .
I got my GC yesterday at 8B , figured I’d try n get up there today,got half way twice on video . Enjoy. The other is uploading,doesn’t seem to be much footage of this incredible game out there with newest code and color DMD !

#9247 2 years ago

Another fun one. 3.9b game. Mass hysteria, Lottsa good mode completion, decent pke , staypuft, wcws with multipliers , good example of the color dmd as well, a must have mod imo ! Enjoy

#9248 2 years ago

Now I know why I never saw it.. he signed in black ink. Totally blends into the artwork.

PXL_20210425_132156068 (resized).jpgPXL_20210425_132156068 (resized).jpg
#9249 2 years ago

Is it common to get a lot of sdtm drains from the Gozer lane in the middle?

#9250 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is it common to get a lot of sdtm drains from the Gozer lane in the middle?

Seems like that always happens to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/185?hl=mdeslaur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.