IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,483 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 250.
#9051 3 years ago

This is Pinnovator's- they supply the whole plate, no drilling. You have main volume up and down so you don't have to open the door, speaker jack, jack volume, main speaker off switch so it's headphones only.

PXL_20210205_151050525 (resized).jpgPXL_20210205_151050525 (resized).jpg
#9052 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Has anyone installed a headphone jack into the front of this game? I saw this but wasnt sure if it is compatible with GB?https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-headphone-jack-accessory-kit.html
Any insight for this product or alternatives would be very appreciated.

I used the Stern standard one. Works fine. Inputting your headphone jack in it does not mute out the speakers though...perhaps there is a setting for this. So now each time I use the headphones I just quickly open the coin door and reduce the volume to zero. Not a huge deal, but my pinsound + on my IJ automatically does this.

image0 (3) (resized).jpegimage0 (3) (resized).jpeg

#9053 3 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

That should work on a Spike 1 machine. I just put one on my TMNT(spike 2) and I love it, a little pricey and there are other alternative, but it seems high quality to me. You can set it up to mute the game when you plug headphones in or not, also the knob will control the volume of the machine regardless of whether headphones are plugged in. Very easy install/setup.

oh very intersting. After looking at the Stern one, I thought it was just basic to control the headphones only. Good to know that the knob does the volume of machine also when headphones are not plugged in.

How would you go about setting it to mute the game when headphones are plugged in? Is there a menu option?

#9054 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I used the Stern standard one. Works fine. Inputting your headphone jack in it does not mute out the speakers though...perhaps there is a setting for this. My pinsound + on my IJ automatically does this.
[quoted image]

Thats a nice clean look. Since you have this and Pinsound, do you have a preference? My only complaint with Pinsound from what ive seen, is I hate that it installs outside the machine.

#9055 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thats a nice clean look. Since you have this and Pinsound, do you have a preference? My only complaint with Pinsound from what ive seen, is I hate that it installs outside the machine.

I only have the Pinsound headphone station because I have the full pinsound setup on that machine. Since GB doesn't need the Pinsound board (but you should grab the code with the additional music tracks), I went with the OEM version to keep the machine as OEM as possible. Personal preference only...while the Stern one may be a bit on the high priced side for what it does, the clean look is a nice benefit.

#9056 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Has anyone installed a headphone jack into the front of this game? I saw this but wasnt sure if it is compatible with GB?https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-headphone-jack-accessory-kit.html
Any insight for this product or alternatives would be very appreciated.

I highly recommend checking out Pinnovators for headphone jacks. You won't find better support and they are local and great people. Personally I think the external volume control is worth an extra $20. Plus I'd rather support local small business.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/pages/ghostbusters

#9057 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I used the Stern standard one. Works fine. Inputting your headphone jack in it does not mute out the speakers though...perhaps there is a setting for this. My pinsound + on my IJ automatically does this.
[quoted image]

Quoted from Rager170:

oh very intersting. After looking at the Stern one, I thought it was just basic to control the headphones only. Good to know that the knob does the volume of machine also when headphones are not plugged in.
How would you go about setting it to mute the game when headphones are plugged in? Is there a menu option?

Yeah, at least on my tmnt once you plug in the headphone Jack to the board, you get additional menu options...not sure about that on GB tho.

#9058 3 years ago

Helped put a color DMD in a buddy's GB last night. The left ramp orbit switch isn't working 100%. The Switch right under the "14 Street" sign. Metal tab is bent and I think the switch is going bad. Doesn't register manually sometimes. Looking at the manual, it says the part for that is 500-9935-04. The switch that is there however is 180-5209-00. Is the manual incorrect, or am I reading it incorrectly?
54 (resized).JPG54 (resized).JPGleftO (resized).JPGleftO (resized).JPGswitch (resized).JPGswitch (resized).JPGswitch2 (resized).JPGswitch2 (resized).JPG

#9059 3 years ago

My GB prem has a switch there that looks like the lower one (180-5209-00).

switch (resized).pngswitch (resized).png
#9060 3 years ago

Perfect and thank you. Ordered one up. Seems like every time I try and order a couple things from pinballlife.. I end up with a 100$ cart lol

#9061 3 years ago

New batch just came in - left ramp airball protector & right orbit protector.

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “One for $20 (both for $30). Made from nearly unbreakable PET-G plastic. 1. Airball protector, Left ramp - see below. 2. Right Orbit protector - see below. (see instructions bel...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 2451 times

#9062 3 years ago

Looking for a GB, ideally on the west coast, but could be anywhere. PM me if you are thinking of getting rid of one.

#9063 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I unexpectedly got out of the club a couple months back and forgot I had this. It looks amazing on Ghostbusters as it matches the purple mood slim perfectly. I thought another member of the GB club might appreciate this, so I wanted to share the post for any interested owners. Thanks!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109569
[quoted image]

Thanks Again Les

Looks Great !!

0BB5CDC5-BF4D-4D08-B605-B830016D966B (resized).jpeg0BB5CDC5-BF4D-4D08-B605-B830016D966B (resized).jpeg
#9064 3 years ago

Has anybody else got through god mode for the billion and to the victory laps ?

#9065 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Has anybody else got through god mode for the billion and to the victory laps ?

A couple of times. Once in normal mode and once via the shortcut. Not lately though.

#9066 3 years ago

I got to "Are you a God?" a few weeks ago and biffed it. Only made one shot then through the outlane. In order to get back to it do you need to complete the entire board again? Or does "We are ready to believe you" light easier once everything is completed?

#9067 3 years ago

I lost about a third of the playfield while playing, rebooted, and got the error message that node-9 board is not found.

Checked the recommended guidance about re-seating ethernet cables. No help.

I noticed that the red light is on, but no green light and no yellow light. I'm guessing it's not regulating the 6-volts. I don't see any obvious damage to the circuitry.

Before I buy another board, anything else I can check? Any chance a down-stream short broke the board, or is it just that these boards can, and do, fail from time-to-time?

#9068 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I lost about a third of the playfield while playing, rebooted, and got the error message that node-9 board is not found.
I noticed that the red light is on, but no green light and no yellow light. I'm guessing it's not regulating the 6-volts. I don't see any obvious damage to the circuitry.
Before I buy another board, anything else I can check? Any chance a down-stream short broke the board, or is it just that these boards can, and do, fail from time-to-time?

I have read that it is possible that one of those lamps might have shorted out and by removing 1 lamp at a time might find the culprit

That’s all I have as this new tech scares me due to lack it repair vs full replacement

#9069 3 years ago

How many hits on Slimer does it take for him to relight the modes?

#9070 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I have read that it is possible that one of those lamps might have shorted out and by removing 1 lamp at a time might find the culprit
That’s all I have as this new tech scares me due to lack it repair vs full replacement

Interesting. I'll check that out.

#9071 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I think the voltage reducing chip on the node board is done. Check with Stern first and also check with Stern for the correct replacement node board. Same thing happened to our game and we have no mods.

#9072 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I think the voltage reducing chip on the node board is done. Check with Stern first and also check with Stern for the correct replacement node board. Same thing happened to our game and we have no mods.

Interesting. Thank you. If I had a 48 volt supply, I'd remove the card and test it. Maybe even try to replace that chip. But I'll only mess something else up if I play with it in the machine.

My worry was that something else downstream burned it out. But it seems like yours was just the board. That's a good sign. Curious if heat is an issue, too. I've lost plenty of voltage regulators to heat.

#9073 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I got to "Are you a God?" a few weeks ago and biffed it. Only made one shot then through the outlane. In order to get back to it do you need to complete the entire board again? Or does "We are ready to believe you" light easier once everything is completed?

Anyone?
Is there some kind of rules or game play write up or something other than the apron cards with more detail describing all modes?

#9074 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Interesting. Thank you. If I had a 48 volt supply, I'd remove the card and test it. Maybe even try to replace that chip. But I'll only mess something else up if I play with it in the machine.
My worry was that something else downstream burned it out. But it seems like yours was just the board. That's a good sign. Curious if heat is an issue, too. I've lost plenty of voltage regulators to heat.

The red LED is the 48V power supply so you have 48V to the node board. Just no lower voltages at that board so the whole thing stops working. It could be a short somewhere on the playfield like the scoop light so I would make sure that is not shorting out as well.

We have had 3 node boards go since Spike came out, across over 20 games. 2 node boards on GBLE and one on a SW premium. All were the same issue, blown voltage reducing chip. I think this is a common problem. I have noticed on the later versions of the node boards, the chip number is different and the chip seems to be more robust (less failures). There are other Pinsiders that understand the electronics a lot better than me, maybe they could help out here.

#9075 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

The red LED is the 48V power supply so you have 48V to the node board. Just no lower voltages at that board so the whole thing stops working. It could be a short somewhere on the playfield like the scoop light so I would make sure that is not shorting out as well.
We have had 3 node boards go since Spike came out, across over 20 games. 2 node boards on GBLE and one on a SW premium. All were the same issue, blown voltage reducing chip. I think this is a common problem. I have noticed on the later versions of the node boards, the chip number is different and the chip seems to be more robust (less failures). There are other Pinsiders that understand the electronics a lot better than me, maybe they could help out here.

Very helpful. I will disconnect the other connectors and reconnect them one at a time to isolate a shorting problem. I wonder if a heatsink would help the 6v chip.

I'll also look more closely at it to see if there are any visual signs of it being damaged.

I'm not sure of any other way to look for a lamp short other than it happening again.

#9076 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Very helpful. I will disconnect the other connectors and reconnect them one at a time to isolate a shorting problem. I wonder if a heatsink would help the 6v chip.
I'll also look more closely at it to see if there are any visual signs of it being damaged.
I'm not sure of any other way to look for a lamp short other than it happening again.

There is a photo of one of ours. The board is not that big so you should be able to find the chip.

Good Luck!

20200630_182050 (resized).jpg20200630_182050 (resized).jpg
#9077 3 years ago

I'm thinking of buying some node boards as spare parts. All I have at the moment is a gble with a jp2 coming.
What node boards should I consider and I just read that not all boards are the same. Is that correct in that say a node 9 for gb won't work on jp2?

#9078 3 years ago

My node board 1 just died. Got one coming from JJ @ game exchange... $150

#9079 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How many hits on Slimer does it take for him to relight the modes?

Quoted from embryon:

I'm thinking of buying some node boards as spare parts. All I have at the moment is a gble with a jp2 coming.
What node boards should I consider and I just read that not all boards are the same. Is that correct in that say a node 9 for gb won't work on jp2?

That is correct.

#9080 3 years ago

here is a board list that someone put together a while back

Stern_Node_Boards(1) - Pinsider-hocuslocus.pdfStern_Node_Boards(1) - Pinsider-hocuslocus.pdf
#9081 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Is there some kind of rules or game play write up or something other than the apron cards with more detail describing all modes?

Dead Flip-Jack Danger has a stream with Dwight describing/showing all the changes with the new code update that might be helpful.

#9082 3 years ago

You can keep 1 node board as spare. You set the number with the switches, so node 8 or 9. JP uses also the same all over. I had an issue with the nodeboard on my JP number 8, but was fixed under warranty. You can also swap nodeboards in the machine to see if the board is broke or something else. And yes, I have been thinking to order 1 spare, with a GB, JP, Elvira and BKSor in the collection.

#9083 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

My recent adventures with "9 NODE NOT FOUND"...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-9-node-not-found-was-the-beginning#post-6109080

#9084 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

You can keep 1 node board as spare. You set the number with the switches, so node 8 or 9. JP uses also the same all over. I had an issue with the nodeboard on my JP number 8, but was fixed under warranty. You can also swap nodeboards in the machine to see if the board is broke or something else. And yes, I have been thinking to order 1 spare, with a GB, JP, Elvira and BKSor in the collection.

You are talking 1 spare of each node board or just the most common one that fails the most often?

#9085 3 years ago

Getting ready to shop out my Ghostbusters Pro with some Titan glow in the dark bands. I haven't shopped this machine before. Is it pretty straightforward? Any advice esp. removing the ramp? Any advice is appreciated! I've done a few basic machines but this one seems a bit intimitdating but maybe I'm overexaggerating (I hope!)

#9086 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Getting ready to shop out my Ghostbusters Pro with some Titan glow in the dark bands. I haven't shopped this machine before. Is it pretty straightforward? Any advice esp. removing the ramp? Any advice is appreciated! I've done a few basic machines but this one seems a bit intimitdating but maybe I'm overexaggerating (I hope!)

I completely stripped the topside on my premium when I first got it and there weren’t any crazy pieces or parts that made it difficult. I imagine the pro would be easier to strip for shopping. Just take a ton of pictures as you go.

#9087 3 years ago

I stripped it down when I did the glow Titans too. It was surprisingly easy. I went in sections and everything turned out great.

#9088 3 years ago

Would anyone like to share a picture with the glow bands on? I’m curious how they look. Thanks in advance

#9089 3 years ago
File_007 (resized).jpegFile_007 (resized).jpeg
#9090 3 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

[quoted image]

Looks great! Thanks

#9091 3 years ago

After waiting to buy the 3D library mod for my Pro for maybe 6 months from Marco's (out of stock) I finally gave up a printed something similar. Keep in mind, this isn't the Stern model, this is a modified version of the New York Library. I had to buy the STL file and make some mods to it. Wife's been playing around with painting it, trying to give it a weathered stone look. I just took off the plastic library, and slipped this over the metal brackets.

I think it took about 17 hours to print on my Ender 3, with some areas being so-so. I posted this in the 3D printing thread, thought I would share here.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#9092 3 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

[quoted image]

Looks fantastic with the glow bands. What bulbs did you use, sunlight white? Thanks!

#9093 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Looks fantastic with the glow bands. What bulbs did you use, sunlight white? Thanks!

Stock Stern lighting... I think they are natural white?

#9094 3 years ago

Wish they did a vault edition of Ghostbusters.

#9095 3 years ago

I actually used a mix of Glo and Clear on mine. I used clear in the areas that shine light through towards the front of the playfield, and Glo in most of the other areas, especially around the pop bumpers...to me this works very well.
pic 1.jpegpic 1.jpegpic 2.jpegpic 2.jpeg

#9096 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I actually used a mix of Glo and Clear on mine. I used clear in the areas that shine light through towards the front of the playfield, and Glo in most of the other areas, especially around the pop bumpers...to me this works very well.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that looks great. Where did you get the glow balls? Is the ramp pretty straightforward to take off? That’s the part I’m a bit nervous about.

#9097 3 years ago

Wow that looks great. Where did you get the glow balls? Is the ramp pretty straightforward to take off? That’s the part I’m a bit nervous about.

Not sure about the balls, they were on the machine when I got it (I'm not the original owner).

I didn't take any ramps off, the rubbers are all accessible by removing the plastics around the PF.

#9098 3 years ago
Quoted from Swans071:

Wish they did a vault edition of Ghostbusters.

Same...been looking for a premium near me for a bit, if anyone is interested in selling in the PA, DE, NJ, NY area please PM!!

#9099 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Not sure about the balls, they were on the machine when I got it (I'm not the original owner).
I didn't take any ramps off, the rubbers are all accessible by removing the plastics around the PF.

Oh woah really? That is awesome if I don’t need to remove the ramp. I was figuring I did to get to the area around the pop bumpers

#9100 3 years ago

I was wondering if the skill shot info that pops up on the screen for every ball can be turned off in setting? I looked thru setting but nothing popped out to me as a way to turn it off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.95
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 103.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
15,699 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,483 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/182?hl=mrm_4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.