IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
24FEB084-9AC1-4277-9840-A649D39F1484_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
E668B039-982B-4264-BE43-A3CFB54287D0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
A581A7CB-8588-4E31-88C0-22E3AE3C3039_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,383 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 248.
#9001 3 years ago

Does anyone have a copy of the 1.17 code with the custom music from the film for a pro? The link is down and the creator said he's out of space on dropbox and isn't planning on sharing it anymore. I appreciate the help.

#9002 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Does anyone have a copy of the 1.17 code with the custom music from the film for a pro? The link is down and the creator said he's out of space on dropbox and isn't planning on sharing it anymore. I appreciate the help.

Sent you a message

#9003 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Sent you a message

send me one too?

#9004 3 years ago

I was only able to dig up the 1.16 code from Mudflaps

Send the copy via drop box to fattdirk

#9005 3 years ago

Been looking for a GB for a little while now. Anyone have one they'd want to part with? Thanks-Mike

#9006 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Been looking for a GB for a little while now. Anyone have one they'd want to part with? Thanks-Mike

I was in the market for a few months and finally picked one up a few weeks ago. Demand > supply.. $$$.

#9007 3 years ago

Just had the longest pinball game of my life, love this pin!

A8BA14B2-038F-4494-BEBE-10E831DACC36 (resized).jpegA8BA14B2-038F-4494-BEBE-10E831DACC36 (resized).jpeg
#9008 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

we’re you able to find the current code?

#9009 3 years ago

Had a serious run going this weekend. Wasn't even going to play, but thought, why not one game.

It lasted a while.
PXL_20210114_235214477 (resized).jpgPXL_20210114_235214477 (resized).jpg

#9010 3 years ago

I’m told my scores don’t count because I have the center post mod. But this was after I got to “Are You a God?” For the first time. My feet hurt after that game, it was a long one.

E62D3A0D-6CB3-4F22-8BBF-1495E6AC1503 (resized).jpegE62D3A0D-6CB3-4F22-8BBF-1495E6AC1503 (resized).jpeg
#9011 3 years ago

I bet you didn’t realize GB had a bowling mode!

E568AAF9-992C-4759-9EB6-6A103C43F049 (resized).jpegE568AAF9-992C-4759-9EB6-6A103C43F049 (resized).jpeg
#9012 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I bet you didn’t realize GB had a bowling mode!
[quoted image]

I have to ask....looks like a used playfield............playfield swap cuz ghosting?

#9013 3 years ago

Made it to the end game, and even that went ok. Great game

20210103_155327 (resized).jpg20210103_155327 (resized).jpg
#9014 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I have to ask....looks like a used playfield............playfield swap cuz ghosting?

It is used, it appears to have some clear coat chipping issues. I love GB art and bought it to hang on the wall with some lights behind it. Fortunately, my GB has no playfield issues since I bought it in 2017. Some dimpling, but I don’t mind that. My kid thought it was a new board game I brought home for him.

#9015 3 years ago

I need to replace my rubbers and was wondering what are the best rubber to get and where to buy?

#9016 3 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

I need to replace my rubbers and was wondering what are the best rubber to get and where to buy?

Glow in the dark Titan!
https://www.titanpinball.com/

#9017 3 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

I agree, Titan. The green glow in dark are great on GB. Lots of other colors look good too. Purple, white.

#9018 3 years ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

we’re you able to find the current code?

No I'm still looking for the pro code v1.17.

#9019 3 years ago

Does anyone know where to get the hologram topper ? Or if there available ?

#9020 3 years ago

New batch in....air ball protectors (both left ramp and right orbit).

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “One for $20 (both for $30). Made from nearly unbreakable PET-G plastic. 1. Airball protector, Left ramp - see below. 2. Right Orbit protector - see below. (see instructions bel...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 2451 times

1 week later
#9021 3 years ago

YES! I finally completed god mode
So awesome !!

#9023 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

YES! I finally completed god mode
So awesome !!

Epic!!! Well done.

#9024 3 years ago

I unexpectedly got out of the club a couple months back and forgot I had this. It looks amazing on Ghostbusters as it matches the purple mood slim perfectly. I thought another member of the GB club might appreciate this, so I wanted to share the post for any interested owners. Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109569

#9025 3 years ago

I posted this in the issues thread, but has anyone had any problems with the flipper buttons not registering? They don't activate in the switch test - everything else seems to be functional and my distro also sent me a replacement node board which has not resolved the problem. The EOS switches work, and the flippers fire ok in coil test, so its just the flipper button switches (both sides)? Any ideas from the collective minds here...?

#9026 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I unexpectedly got out of the club a couple months back and forgot I had this. It looks amazing on Ghostbusters as it matches the purple mood slim perfectly. I thought another member of the GB club might appreciate this, so I wanted to share the post for any interested owners. Thanks!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109569
[quoted image]

This would go so nice with my gb premium !! What’s it made out of ?

60FE8340-A23D-4C2A-B821-6DDA375E2E5D (resized).jpeg60FE8340-A23D-4C2A-B821-6DDA375E2E5D (resized).jpeg
#9027 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

This would go so nice with my gb premium !! What’s it made out of ?
[quoted image]

It's plastic like a typical black Stern apron. It is pending payment right now though so it is probably sold. If you still want one, this is the same product through Marco...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-9953-09

#9028 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I posted this in the issues thread, but has anyone had any problems with the flipper buttons not registering? They don't activate in the switch test - everything else seems to be functional and my distro
also sent me a replacement node board which has not resolved the problem. The EOS switches work, and the flippers fire ok in coil test, so its just the flipper button switches (both sides)? Any ideas from the collective minds here...?

Try the switch test. You should see "left flipper" when pressed and "left flipper EOS" when released

#9029 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Try the switch test. You should see "left flipper" when pressed and "left flipper EOS" when released

Yeah I've been into the switch test but nothing registers from either button. All cables are seated fine, and I've tried replacing node board 8 but no joy... The distro thinks maybe the ground wire has failed. Perhaps it's time for me to go buy a multimeter so I can test it, I own 5 machines now so perhaps its a wise investment.

#9030 3 years ago

The black/green wire is ground and common to both flippers. Trace these wires.
BTW- My EOS switch was bad on my GB and I had no idea, so thanks for making me check mine.

#9031 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

The black/green wire is ground and common to both flippers. Trace these wires.
BTW- My EOS switch was bad on my GB and I had no idea, so thanks for making me check mine.

Hmmm ok i got myself a multimeter - located the ground wire on the node board (I think it's pin 7 on CN9 - it is black/green). If i check continuity from both black/green wires on the flipper buttons i do get a beep from the meter. I guess this means the wires are ok? Sorry I am a total noob at this...

#9032 3 years ago

Make sure your plug ins are not off by one pin-this happened to me.
It sounds like you have continuity from the node board to the flipper button. Your problem is upstream from that.

#9033 3 years ago

Set meter to "ohms" then stick both leads together. You should get continuity. This checks your meter. Run one lead from left flipper black/green wire to tilt mechanism top wire here in photo. You should get a beep but probably won't. You could jump these connections and flippers would work in theory but the proper way is to trace the wires and find your fault. I'll look at mine and reply if I find anything.

PXL_20210203_133119138 (resized).jpgPXL_20210203_133119138 (resized).jpg
#9034 3 years ago

Check your connector CN2 on node board. Make sure pins
Are aligned correctly. Unplug CN2. You should get connectivity between black/green and the uppermost pin
(With bed raised), where the black wire plugs into CN2.

#9035 3 years ago

Actually, if plug CN2 was off one space this would cause all your problems.

#9036 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Actually, if plug CN2 was off one space this would cause all your problems.

Wow thanks for the tips I will check all this out today when I get time. It's a bit annoying not having a working machine but still interesting seeing how all this stuff ties together.

#9037 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

No I'm still looking for the pro code v1.17.

Bumping this, as I am also interested in the Pro version latest code. Can anyone share this?

#9038 3 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

Bumping this, as I am also interested in the Pro version latest code. Can anyone share this?

Stern game code is here

https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/

#9039 3 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-pro-custom-code-v113/page/9#post-6086368

#9040 3 years ago

Thanks again for the help wtatumjr - after checking the continuity between the flipper switches and tilt bob like you suggested I got no signal. I couldn't get one from the uppermost pin on CN2 on node board either.

I actually tried swapping node boards 8 and 9 (and re-jumpering them) and this hasn't worked either. So I'm still stuck with dead flipper switches. ☹☹☹

Besides that everything works a treat - so I can play with the glass off and just use my fingers... bah.

#9041 3 years ago

I guess your black wire feeding CN2 has no ground so follow it upstream. Maybe a black wire in the back box. I think that's where it starts but I'll check later.

#9043 3 years ago

Wait. You have no continuity between CN2 top pin and black/green wire at flipper? Then your trouble is south of that. Pull plug where black/green exits node board. Test between plug black/green and flipper black/ green. Tell me what you find. Also test between CN2 top pin, where black wire enters and the pin on the node board where black/green exits- this would test if you have ground continuity through the node board.

#9044 3 years ago

If your wires seem good check that the black wires are seated in the back box.

#9045 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Wait. You have no continuity between CN2 top pin and black/green wire at flipper? Then your trouble is south of that. Pull plug where black/green exits node board. Test between plug black/green and flipper black/ green. Tell me what you find. Also test between CN2 top pin, where black wire enters and the pin on the node board where black/green exits- this would test if you have ground continuity through the node board.

Thanks again I will check all of this tomorrow. Very annoying problem I just want my machine playable again.

I think if I can't locate the problem in the next day or two I'll probably have to get someone out to take a look at it. I mean i've triple checked but highly likely they will look for 2 mins and find some cable unplugged sonewhere!

#9046 3 years ago

Yes, it's something simple. I imagine your playfield upkickers aren't working either, making me think a main ground isn't plugged in or plugged in wrong.

#9047 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Hi wtatumjr again thanks for the help. I've done a few more tests - but I'll reply to your pm from here so as not to clog up the topic with tests and results. If we get a resolution though I'll be sure to post it.

#9048 3 years ago

So the mystery flipper problem has been solved! With fantastic help from my distro and wtatumjr I eventually found that both the wiring was ok and the node board itself. But the ground connection was not continuous between the flipper button and other ground connections on node board 8.

So - I tested the switch connector plug itself (where it plugs into nodeby unscrewing from under the playfield and continuity testing from the *back* of the board. Both drive connections tested positive but the ground connections did not - indicating there was a break between the wiring and the board - the only thing it could have been was the connecter plug.

On closer inspection the connector pin inside the plug has either bent away or spin around so it simply wasn't making contact with the pin on the node board.

I'll need to repair the connector plug properly but I've tested a "jury rigged" solution and this was indeed the problem.

Posting here in case anyone else gets this problem it really wasn't easy to find.

#9049 3 years ago

Has anyone installed a headphone jack into the front of this game? I saw this but wasnt sure if it is compatible with GB?https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-headphone-jack-accessory-kit.html

Any insight for this product or alternatives would be very appreciated.

#9050 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Has anyone installed a headphone jack into the front of this game? I saw this but wasnt sure if it is compatible with GB?https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-headphone-jack-accessory-kit.html
Any insight for this product or alternatives would be very appreciated.

That should work on a Spike 1 machine. I just put one on my TMNT(spike 2) and I love it, a little pricey and there are other alternative, but it seems high quality to me. You can set it up to mute the game when you plug headphones in or not, also the knob will control the volume of the machine regardless of whether headphones are plugged in. Very easy install/setup.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
Plastics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Eden Prairie, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Grass Valley, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,383 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 248.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/181 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.