IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 250.
#8951 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I hope they do a little Christmas Update (though I know they won't), still a couple little bugs and would love to access and switch between God Mode and Regular game play mode without opening the door - left button and start button for God Mode would be cool ?

It sounds like some of us will have to watch for the EULA that gets applied to all new code updates. I don't stream or anything but some will be bothered by the changes to the agreement. Only time will tell what this means for the rest of us.

#8953 3 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

It sounds like some of us will have to watch for the EULA that gets applied to all new code updates. I don't stream or anything but some will be bothered by the changes to the agreement. Only time will tell what this means for the rest of us.

yeah it is interesting what they are proposing though still vague - not sure if it is aimed to people that are adjusting code or streaming games - like music in youtube videos technically can't be played.

I think in the effort to try and control things they are reducing their publicity

#8954 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

The code update really put this pin near the top of the modern Stern list, in my book.

Not to argue with the way you view the game but I definitely see some serious flaws in the overall package of the design of the game and the rules. Especially when there is so many simple things that could have just been so much better for the overall experience.

Quoted from embryon:

I think because of jt

This definitely didnt help, it certainly took the wind out of the sails in the long run, though it seems like it sold well so maybe it really didnt need to.

#8955 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Not to argue with the way you view the game but I definitely see some serious flaws in the overall package of the design of the game and the rules. Especially when there is so many simple things that could have just been so much better for the overall experience.

This definitely didnt help, it certainly took the wind out of the sails in the long run, though it seems like it sold well so maybe it really didnt need to.

Like I said, that’s just how I feel about it. I’ve had my GB since 2017 and it’s now the game I’ve had the longest. I’ve had GOTG, TMNT, GOT, MET, AS, JP2, Star Trek and others. They came and went and GB is bolted down. But I also really like CSI so don’t take my word for it!

#8956 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Like I said, that’s just how I feel about it. I’ve had my GB since 2017 and it’s now the game I’ve had the longest. I’ve had GOTG, TMNT, GOT, MET, AS, JP2, Star Trek and others. They came and went and GB is bolted down. But I also really like CSI so don’t take my word for it!

I also owned GB for a long time and there is definitely something to it, I just feel like it could have been so much better so its like a missed opportunity. But, with that being said, I would never tell someone not to play or own one. It's a good game overall, just not great (for me).

#8957 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I also owned GB for a long time and there is definitely something to it, I just feel like it could have been so much better so its like a missed opportunity. But, with that being said, I would never tell someone not to play or own one. It's a good game overall, just not great (for me).

I know that feeling, I personally feel that way about Stern’s Star Wars. It’s a fun, fast pin that many people like, and it looks and sounds like Star Wars, but I can’t help but feel like it could have been Stern’s finest pin since Lord of the Rings. A perfect melding of theme and game design. I feel LOTR is about as good as Stern gets. Only the playfield artwork could have maybe been more inspired. I do love the artwork on GB, so much so I’m buying a spare playfield to hang on the wall!

#8958 3 years ago

I love the game and while it has a few minor issues - I am just wondering what are people's biggest issues with the game - rules, certain particular layout features?

#8959 3 years ago

I like the game a lot after the update. I added the bigger flippers and removed the mid post most people put in. The bigger flippers make a huge difference, powerwise and shot wise. The only really hard shot in is the right ramp (LE). Code wise I really like it a lot, only thing troubling me is the mandatory shot on the left ramp for Super Looping and PKE frenzy. When you just can't make that shot the mode keeps running and you can loose all balls in that mode. Also that mode is very dark, there are more modes in there that just are very dark or flashing a lot. For the rest, really like the call outs, the modes, the dots (colorDMD) the progress you can make also if you are not an 'GOD'. The selection of the god mode in the code. To get a lot of points you have to get deeper into the game. It is a world under glass, it is huge fun, art is great. Could have been a A+ but what machine out there is that.

#8960 3 years ago

Agree with your PKE and Loopin comments. I would have liked another multiball worked in somehow ....even if it was a say, 3 ball one.

#8961 3 years ago

And this is why I like my Gb so much. Got to the end mode today. Such a great machine.

20210103_155327 (resized).jpg20210103_155327 (resized).jpg
#8962 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

And this is why I like my Gb so much. Got to the end mode today. Such a great machine.
[quoted image]

Hoo boy nice game! Which speaker light kit are you using?

#8963 3 years ago

Made the speaker lights myself, just a strip of rob light on ir. Got some spacers for the speakers. Leds are wrapped around, it is actually 1 complete strip which runs behind the dmd. Where it is blacked out with electric tape. On 5v usb, which I have in the backbox, piggybacked on the power switch. So it will not use the machines power. Total cost around $5-7.

#8964 3 years ago

Sick, just sick. I purchased the clear shooter lane protection and laid it in to test fit it, but didn't secure it. I was working on the game and had it up on the service rails and I heard a "pop". No more slings... Everything else worked perfect, all other coils, lighting, witches and both flippers. Then saw that the shooter lane protection raised up and seemingly jammed the auto fire. Suspecting this may have caused the problem.

Entered the Service Menu... No Technician service reminders. No node board errors. And the slings fire when cycling the coils. But slings still didn't fire when normal gameplay started. Decided to run a Factory "Reset". Still no slings, but now the right flipper locks "on" so I turn the game off immediately and the flipper falls.

I manually inspected the Node boards for any obvious burnt components... none. Any advice or ideas before I email Stern in the morning? Thanks.

#8965 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I like the game a lot after the update. I added the bigger flippers and removed the mid post most people put in. The bigger flippers make a huge difference, powerwise and shot wise. The only really hard shot in is the right ramp (LE). Code wise I really like it a lot, only thing troubling me is the mandatory shot on the left ramp for Super Looping and PKE frenzy. When you just can't make that shot the mode keeps running and you can loose all balls in that mode. Also that mode is very dark, there are more modes in there that just are very dark or flashing a lot. For the rest, really like the call outs, the modes, the dots (colorDMD) the progress you can make also if you are not an 'GOD'. The selection of the god mode in the code. To get a lot of points you have to get deeper into the game. It is a world under glass, it is huge fun, art is great. Could have been a A+ but what machine out there is that.

thanks for the response, the right ramp on the Pro is similarly hard to consistent shoot (for me any way). I agree on the darkness at times. I have finally finished my final run of snackbars and have a few gameplay altering mods that I will be developing and testing in the future.

#8966 3 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Sick, just sick. I purchased the clear shooter lane protection and laid it in to test fit it, but didn't secure it. I was working on the game and had it up on the service rails and I heard a "pop". No more slings... Everything else worked perfect, all other coils, lighting, witches and both flippers. Then saw that the shooter lane protection raised up and seemingly jammed the auto fire. Suspecting this may have caused the problem.
Entered the Service Menu... No Technician service reminders. No node board errors. And the slings fire when cycling the coils. But slings still didn't fire when normal gameplay started. Decided to run a Factory "Reset". Still no slings, but now the right flipper locks "on" so I turn the game off immediately and the flipper falls.
I manually inspected the Node boards for any obvious burnt components... none. Any advice or ideas before I email Stern in the morning? Thanks.

When you say jammed the “auto fire” - where and what is this?

The ball launch switch?

#8967 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

When you say jammed the “auto fire” - where and what is this?
The ball launch switch?

The ball launch switch, correct.

#8968 3 years ago

For all who want the cheap DIY Speakerlight version, here some pictures.
And yes it can be cleaner, and no you will not see a thing when you close the backbox

20210104_083225 (resized).jpg20210104_083225 (resized).jpg20210104_083231 (resized).jpg20210104_083231 (resized).jpg20210104_083236 (resized).jpg20210104_083236 (resized).jpg20210104_083243 (resized).jpg20210104_083243 (resized).jpg20210104_083245 (resized).jpg20210104_083245 (resized).jpg
#8969 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

For all who want the cheap DIY Speakerlight version, here some pictures.
And yes it can be cleaner, and no you will not see a thing when you close the backbox
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you do anything special to hook up your Kenwood speakers?

#8970 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Did you do anything special to hook up your Kenwood speakers?

No, just connect them.

#8971 3 years ago

How do I adjust the bass/treble for the cabinet speaker?
According to the read me file for game code v1.16 and later it should be possible?
I can't find the adjustment for that in the menu.
In the "utilities menu" and "set audio levels" I can adjust the following:
- Adjust master volume
- Adjust min volume level
- Adjust max volume level
- Adjust speaker balance
- Select backbox speaker type
- Select cabinet speaker type
- Select backbox bass frequency
- Adjust backbox bass gain
- Select backbox treble frequency
- Adjust backbox treble gain
- Adjust headphones volume
- Adjust min headphones vol level
- Adjust max headphones vol level

Is it a GB premium and game code 1.17 installed. I have a flipper fidelity kit installed and I want a little more bass from the cabinet speaker.

Skärmavbild 2021-01-06 kl. 23.26.11 (resized).pngSkärmavbild 2021-01-06 kl. 23.26.11 (resized).png
#8972 3 years ago
Quoted from holm:

How do I adjust the bass/treble for the cabinet speaker?
According to the read me file for game code v1.16 and later it should be possible?
I can't find the adjustment for that in the menu.
In the "utilities menu" and "set audio levels" I can adjust the following:
- Adjust master volume
- Adjust min volume level
- Adjust max volume level
- Adjust speaker balance
- Select backbox speaker type
- Select cabinet speaker type
- Select backbox bass frequency
- Adjust backbox bass gain
- Select backbox treble frequency
- Adjust backbox treble gain
- Adjust headphones volume
- Adjust min headphones vol level
- Adjust max headphones vol level
Is it a GB premium and game code 1.17 installed. I have a flipper fidelity kit installed and I want a little more bass from the cabinet speaker.[quoted image]

Screenshot_20210107-000931 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210107-000931 (resized).png
#8973 3 years ago

I maybe incorrect but the settting - Adjust speaker balance - will not do left to right but backbox to cabinet. So set that on -5 it will increase cabinet speaker volume over the back box speaker volume. You can test that yourself.

#8974 3 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

[quoted image]

Thanks for the info.

#8975 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I maybe incorrect but the settting - Adjust speaker balance - will not do left to right but backbox to cabinet. So set that on -5 it will increase cabinet speaker volume over the back box speaker volume. You can test that yourself.

I will try and do some adjustment, thanks

#8976 3 years ago

For you folks having trouble with your right ramp shot,You have to reduce the height of the standoff that holds it up!!Get a shorter one,I used one that is 1/8th shorter, and bingo, right ramp makeable!!! Try it!!!

#8977 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

For you folks having trouble with your right ramp shot,You have to reduce the height of the standoff that holds it up!!Get a shorter one,I used one that is 1/8th shorter, and bingo, right ramp makeable!!! Try it!!!

Which stand off, can you get a pic? Mine was tough when I first got it, but seems like it softened up and is pretty makeable now.

#8978 3 years ago

Remove the Phillips screw near Rick Moranis' head. Under it is a hex spacer. Order a shorter one from Marco.

PXL_20210108_023301238 (resized).jpgPXL_20210108_023301238 (resized).jpg
#8979 3 years ago

Anyone want to sell a walking stay-puft mod?

#8980 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

That isn't available anymore?

#8981 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Pm'ed

#8982 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Remove the Phillips screw near Rick Moranis' head. Under it is a hex spacer. Order a shorter one from Marco.
[quoted image]

What size is the installed one and what size did you step down to ? Thanks in advance. That shot is fairly agitating. Lol!

#8983 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

What size is the installed one and what size did you step down to ? Thanks in advance. That shot is fairly agitating. Lol!

It's been so long I don't remember. I bought 2 or 3 different
ones as they were so cheap Marco handling is not. I think
Maybe 5/8 inch??? You can saw off the ones that come with the game or Marco's.. to a point. You should be able to make the ramp about 5 out of 6 times after modification.

#8984 3 years ago

This is what I did Saw it off on both sides. Take about 2 mm then the original screws will fit. Start with this take more if you have to.

#8985 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

[quoted image]

Ah, cool, thanks for the pic! I’ll check it out!

#8986 3 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

This is what I did Saw it off on both sides. Take about 2 mm then the original screws will fit. Start with this take more if you have to.

I would'nt try this, you will destroy the threads on both sides!!

#8987 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

The details are in this thread somewhere, I'd do a search for it. I replaced mine off of the suggestion here and an exact part number if not even a link was provided.

Always a good idea to go all the way through the owners thread for every game you own at least once. Lots of great info and ideas in them.

#8988 3 years ago

Dead Flip has his own short video in the GB's DMD matrix? I was perusing around and found it in file.
deadflipimage (resized).JPGdeadflipimage (resized).JPG

deadflipimage002 (resized).JPGdeadflipimage002 (resized).JPG
#8989 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

If you're a member of the Facebook group, Pinball Enthusiasts, I've been live streaming in there. Just finished a few games so I could take notes on what to tweak. I need to adjust the volume of two tracks, swap two locations and adjust song that plays for We've Got One.
I've been working off the Mudflaps Pro version. I installed that right when I got the game from a friend in a temp trade. I had to update the code to 1.17 and then just installed the Mudflaps soundtrack and only played a few games on stock sounds. So I'm not actually sure what were his edits and what are stock sounds. But these are the changes I've made:
Script 0x62D (24s11ms) - Loop that plays when a ball is in the shooter lane. This was a soft piano loop that had a cutoff during the loop. This would drive me crazy if I walked away from the game or was waiting for someone to shoot the ball. Now it's a very upbeat, funky groove that was taken from Script 0x620 and edited to fit. Perfect!
Script 0x637 (18s180ms) - this was some odd Bobby Brown clip I think and it didn't work. Replaced with another script of a short loop to fit.
Script 0x606 (29s545ms) - replaced a quiet and out of place piano clip, or maybe it was quiet and cartoony? Swapped in another script that works great. Still may re-visit this, but it's an improvement for me.
Script 0x618 (1:18s414ms) - We Got One mode. Replaced the Cleanin' Up the Town song. It worked just fine there, but I wanted something else that also kept the same vibe. So I have a section of Nutbush City Limits by Ike & Tine Turner. Just need to adjust the start of the track by 10-15 seconds.
Script 0x61B (1:35s976ms) Plays for He Slimed Me mode. Whatever song that was, I did not like it. I think it was from the soundtrack. Replaced with a James Brown instrumental track, The Scratch. Fits the vibe and no vocals interfering with game sounds.
Script 0x625 (2:54s848ms) - Spook Central mode. Absolutely did not like this track from the soundtrack. Way too 80s synth and did not fit the vibe I'm going for. Replaced with an awesome Ghostbusters remix by Kill Paris
Script 0x5FF (3:48s178ms) Can't remember what was here, probably a soundtrack song. This track plays when choosing Guess the Card and Cross the Streams games. It will continue to play if choosing Guess the Card. If you choose cross the streams, then Script 0x61D plays. Replaced with Their Law by Prodigy. Need to swap spots with this script and the one below - got them mixed up.
Script 0x61D (1:25s367ms) - Can't remember what was there, but didn't like it. This plays during Cross the Streams video mode. Replace with El Phantasmo & The Chicken Run Blast-O-Rama (Wine women and song mix) by White Zombie
Script 0x614 (2:19s994ms) - Plays during We Came, We Saw (I think that's the mode name), replaces Savin' The Day. I really hate that song, lol, totally the opposite of the music I like. Replaced with Crossfire by Stevie Ray Vaughn. Need to increase the volume.
Script 0x631 (5:53s000ms) - This original Ghostbusters theme song plays in the background during ball 3 and then in the background of all extra balls. Replaced with a faster remix of the original and I like it adding a faster pace when you reach ball 3 and beyond. Same old slow theme song gets boring.

Do you have away of sharing that code? I would love to try it out.

#8990 3 years ago

Got a bunch of Ghostbusters miniatures to add to my pin for fun. Etsy is like a goldmine for this stuff. Added the Tobins spirit guide next to its shot clustered with mini Ghostbusters VHS tapes and the movie vinyl. Then added the Vigo painting near Stay Puft.

14AD83D4-8805-495E-85D9-ECFBDE7DA3E5 (resized).jpeg14AD83D4-8805-495E-85D9-ECFBDE7DA3E5 (resized).jpeg5EAB581F-5E9F-4039-A33E-C1142A3F9DF0 (resized).jpeg5EAB581F-5E9F-4039-A33E-C1142A3F9DF0 (resized).jpeg60D0B9EE-A8B2-44AD-B004-7F424F1866B8 (resized).jpeg60D0B9EE-A8B2-44AD-B004-7F424F1866B8 (resized).jpeg6E53267D-4B45-40A7-AC78-F6793B566B3C (resized).jpeg6E53267D-4B45-40A7-AC78-F6793B566B3C (resized).jpeg6FA4CCC7-8CFE-45F7-B0F8-7A2E82FFB273 (resized).jpeg6FA4CCC7-8CFE-45F7-B0F8-7A2E82FFB273 (resized).jpeg
#8991 3 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

Got a bunch of Ghostbusters miniatures to add to my pin for fun. Etsy is like a goldmine for this stuff. Added the Tobins spirit guide next to its shot clustered with mini Ghostbusters VHS tapes and the movie vinyl. Then added the Vigo painting near Stay Puft.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ha, Vigo painting, that’s awesome!

#8992 3 years ago

Etsy is a goldmine for little inexpensive mods. I found a mini Tobin’s SG 2 or 3 years ago that actually has the pages populated with “real” content. More recently I ordered the librarian ghost monster for above the library scoop. The prices are all over the place on eBay for them. I first saw one for $120, then $70 and finally $25. Scary!

#8993 3 years ago

I added this proton pack to stop the ball traps on that post.

48EAD4DF-B9F4-465C-B53D-D2AB6A589B98 (resized).jpeg48EAD4DF-B9F4-465C-B53D-D2AB6A589B98 (resized).jpeg
#8994 3 years ago

Cool mod!

#8995 3 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Dead Flip has his own short video in the GB's DMD matrix? I was perusing around and found it in file.
[quoted image][quoted image]

There are three easter egg flipper combos in the attract mode that I know of

DEA - Dead flip
L+R L4 R1 L5 R1 L1 R2

AAA - Hello world
L+R L1 R1 L1 R1 L1 R2

ABC - Game credits (+ music)
L+R L1 R1 L2 R1 L3 R2

None are coloured on ColorDmd - the game credits will "break" halfway through, and I feel like the dead flip animation BARELY finishes.

#8996 3 years ago

Joining the club. Added GB to my collection from my dear friend Terry(Who-Dey) who passed away last year. We are very pleased to now have a piece of Terry’s collection as a keepsake.

50FAD40F-1B49-4B9D-A315-9F06743691B7 (resized).jpeg50FAD40F-1B49-4B9D-A315-9F06743691B7 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8997 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Joining the club. Added GB to my collection from my dear friend Terry(Who-Dey) who passed away last year. We are very pleased to now have a piece of Terry’s collection as a keepsake.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I believe you could save an image or copy of that SD card and you could keep the scores with his name backup up.

#8998 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I believe you could save an image or copy of that SD card and you could keep the scores with his name backup up.

Good to know! I’m not tech savvy but I’ll check into seeing how to do that. Thank you!

#8999 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Great Idea!

Quoted from Green-Machine:

Good to know! I’m not tech savvy but I’ll check into seeing how to do that. Thank you!

It should be: connect usb drive to main board, open service menu> Utilities> Save settings
and then do the same to restore settings, except "Load Settings" instead.

That's how Ive done it on TMNT, but the process should be the same.

#9000 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Great Idea!

It should be: connect usb drive to main board, open service menu> Utilities> Save settings
and then do the same to restore settings, except "Load Settings" instead.
That's how Ive done it on TMNT, but the process should be the same.

Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 103.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/180?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.