IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,414 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 249.
#8901 3 years ago

Put a few games on last night. Any basic game pointers I should know? How to start modes...which skill shots to choose...etc...

Any game tutorials based on the new code? I was just flailing around yesterday. Got Mass Hysteria...not sure how. That reverse flipper thing sure threw me off.

#8902 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Put a few games on last night. Any basic game pointers I should know? How to start modes...which skill shots to choose...etc...
Any game tutorials based on the new code? I was just flailing around yesterday. Got Mass Hysteria...not sure how. That reverse flipper thing sure threw me off.

Set your time correctly and be playing a game at midnight....

For the reverse flippers, I use the "straight-jacket approach" from Houdini and I play very well with reversed flippers. You will hear a tone (or similar) when the flippers return to normal. The game provides a little bit of a grace period.

Go into Settings, GB specific, #65 Game Mode. Change from "Normal" to "God Mode" (latest code version) and you will play the final wizard mode. Change it back to normal when you want to play regular.

#8903 3 years ago

I have now had to replace the subway eject coil twice in the last year. Has anyone else had this issue? Being relatively new to pinball is that a pretty common occurrence or is this something to be concerned about?

#8904 3 years ago
Quoted from The-Bee:

I have now had to replace the subway eject coil twice in the last year. Has anyone else had this issue? Being relatively new to pinball is that a pretty common occurrence or is this something to be concerned about?

Yes, it is something to be concerned about. A coil isn't really a wear item. It typically only fails if something else is wrong. The once a year part doesn't make sense though, usually if something is causing the coil to melt it's fairly quick, not over the course of a year. What is broken about it?

#8905 3 years ago

Thanks Shredso, the switch works but the ball doesn’t eject. When I run the coil test it just doesn’t fire. Now to be fair when I replaced the first one at the pinball store last year they didn’t have the right coil in stock (Premium GB) so the technician removed the subway eject coil from a GB Pro floor model. I didn’t think anything of it until it failed again. I just installed new under cabinet lighting and a colour DMD but wouldn’t think that would play a role here. B

#8906 3 years ago
Quoted from The-Bee:

Thanks Shredso, the switch works but the ball doesn’t eject. When I run the coil test it just doesn’t fire. Now to be fair when I replaced the first one at the pinball store last year they didn’t have the right coil in stock (Premium GB) so the technician removed the subway eject coil from a GB Pro floor model. I didn’t think anything of it until it failed again. I just installed new under cabinet lighting and a colour DMD but wouldn’t think that would play a role here. B

Have you double checked the solder connections? Checked the coil for voltage?

#8907 3 years ago

I’ve checked the solder connections but have not checked the coil for voltage. I’ve removed the assembly and I’ll take that back to the store and ask them to do that. Thank you

#8908 3 years ago

I got one! A very nice #69! Woohoo! Color DMD going in! Just need to find the topper now.

E5EF27C0-68AA-42FA-A136-8DD78CBC63B4 (resized).jpegE5EF27C0-68AA-42FA-A136-8DD78CBC63B4 (resized).jpeg
#8909 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I got one! A very nice #69! Woohoo! Color DMD going in! Just need to find the topper now.
[quoted image]

Congrats!. It is an awesome game, we love ours.

#8910 3 years ago
Quoted from flipper_fever76:

I posted this in the issues thread but thought I'd throw it in here. Having an issue with the left Scoleri brother not staying up, it tries to pop up in the modes they are supposed too but immediately drops back down. As much as I enjoy it not being in my way during multiball I would like to get it addressed. I checked the key posts on both this and the issues thread and didn't see anything related to my issue, I think I remember people having issues with the plastic shelf that is suppose to catch the target when it pops up. I believe there is a more robust solution/part to this but can't seem to locate it.

I have the same problem with the right hand scoleri on my Pre machine. He pops up then does not stay up, he just pops down again.
Anyone able to fix this?

#8911 3 years ago

I have been playing for months with scare mode on. We had it off for quite awhile as the kids could not handle it. Ive turned it on again and have not heard it since. Did the new update turn it off?

#8912 3 years ago
Quoted from HowieNerdcraft:

I have the same problem with the right hand scoleri on my Pre machine. He pops up then does not stay up, he just pops down again.
Anyone able to fix this?

These seem to wear out fast, I normally buy a few sets

Pinball Life
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-1-bank-target-rest-ledge.html

Marco
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=545-6163-01

#8913 3 years ago

I have been playing for months with scare mode on. We had it off for quite awhile as the kids could not handle it. Ive turned it on again and have not heard it since. Did the new update turn it off?

I heard it 2 days ago for the first time in awhile. Maybe it's less frequent?

#8914 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I heard it 2 days ago for the first time in awhile. Maybe it's less frequent?

Guys, come on. It's an unpredictable ghost that lives in your machine...she doesn't adhere to a schedule. She will scare you when you least expect it.

#8915 3 years ago

mine has done it 2 times in the last week and both times 30 minutes after the kids have gone to sleep - gave one a fright and also scared my wife

#8916 3 years ago

If I hit the add 5mill to jackpot skillshot, does that carry over to the next ball?

#8917 3 years ago

I have this thing happen with the scream where I'll hit the subway scoop on the right and the game goes dark and cuts the sound like its about to Scream but nothing happens and the game goes on. Anyone else ever get that?

#8918 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I have this thing happen with the scream where I'll hit the subway scoop on the right and the game goes dark and cuts the sound like its about to Scream but nothing happens and the game goes on. Anyone else ever get that?

Feature adjustment #35 is called "Allow scare feature". Is yours set to off?

#8919 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Feature adjustment #35 is called "Allow scare feature". Is yours set to off?

No it’s on. I get the left scoop scream all the time. But seems the right scoop has this weird glitch.
My games been glitchy from the start though. Have the issue with the eco goggles not working right after storage facility, and I get 2 balls in the shooter lane for no apparent reason during ball save or when the stopper holds the ball at the beginning of who brought the dog.

Reinstalled 1.17 twice and then even went with one of the updated music codes.

I also get this thing at the beginning of we came we saw where if I flipper out of the animation I get one ball instead of multi and then the mode stops after a few seconds and Ernie tells me I suck.

Probably why the game went up for sale

#8920 3 years ago

my scream feature always went off in the lhs librarian scoop and lately since the update goes off in the rhs scoop (have a pro)

#8921 3 years ago

Does anyone find the back of the playfield dark on the Pro? I gave it a decent clean and wax. Kinda wish I did a full teardown but it's clean. I don't see any lamps out. Any good homebrew lighting mod suggestions to brighten it up?

#8922 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Does anyone find the back of the playfield dark on the Pro? I gave it a decent clean and wax. Kinda wish I did a full teardown but it's clean. I don't see any lamps out. Any good homebrew lighting mod suggestions to brighten it up?

I had an LE, so not sure if it's the same. There is a clear ramp that runs across the back. I put a clear led strip underneath, shining down towards the pops and it was nice and bright

#8923 3 years ago

Ok here's a short clip of my 1 and a half year old playing GB, she's been doing this for a couple months but I finally got sum vid (she can't resist the urge to add more players as she changes flippers), and if you don't dance like this when the game over music comes on then you're not doing it right!

#8924 3 years ago

Anyone able to fix this?

Another thing to check, which fixed my issue that you are having... There are springs that push the target onto that ledge that camcamaro1991 gave links for. In my case, the springs were compressed too much and it wasnt pushing the target onto the shelf hard enough, so they wouldnt stay up. All I had to do was stretch them to make them stronger..

Worth a shot if new rest ledges dont work.

#8925 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

This is a simple mod - calling it the - Library Steps Mod that sits on the plastic a little higher than the library on the left side using an available screw.
The ball is known to get a little bit of air and can go up onto this plastic and can occasionally get stuck in a small valley behind the library in which you then have to remove the glass to free up.
The library came stock on the Premium and LE's and those that were lucky to get a library as a part and installed onto their Pro will have it as well.
The Library Steps - v1 is for the Pro where the library is installed a little lower as it is adjustable to a degree and should suit your positioned install
The Library Steps - v2 is for the Permium and LE and possibly the Pro (but depends where you installed the library).
For me I installed the library so the 3 arches are centred over the 3 targets = which is a little lower than the Premium and LE so the Library Steps v1 which is adjustable suits my game and should fit onto to others as well.
Search - swinksgb - on Shapeways for all GB mods and the other Library Step Option.
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksgb&sort=newest
I have also made this mod design FREE to download and print for yourself if you have a 3d printer - but it strictly not to be on-sold. You need to login into Shapeways to see the download button.
Hope it helps.
Library Steps - V1
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Library Steps - V2 - which looks odd due to my lower library install
[quoted image]

Thanks, Swinks! I just got mine. It works perfectly and looks nice. Great design.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8926 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Thanks, Swinks! I just got mine. It works perfectly and looks nice. Great design.

great to hear, haven't had a hangup yet myself

#8927 3 years ago

The extended ball guides for Ghostbusters are now in my Big Cartel shop.
-
https://reeserails.bigcartel.com/

#8928 3 years ago

Back in stock....let me know...protectors. thx.

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “One for $20 (both for $30). Made from nearly unbreakable PET-G plastic. 1. Airball protector, Left ramp - see below. 2. Right Orbit protector - see below. (see instructions bel...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 2451 times

#8929 3 years ago

New parts for GB (& other games)....

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “Never used these. Shipping is $9 in USA.”
2022-01-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 876 times

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “New, Various parts. -Shooter Rod -Different color flipper rubbers -Mini-flipper rubbers used in Munsters lower playfield, Family guy upper playfield -Rubber posts SHipping in USA...”
2022-01-19
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 35 days
Viewed: 3590 times

#8930 3 years ago

What are the odds we'll get a vault for the new movie coming this year?

#8931 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

They've gotta be pretty low. Of all the games that Stern could vault why would they choose this one in particular? It seems like the supply and demand are pretty well balanced on the used market.

#8932 3 years ago

I hope they do vault it so I can get a topper!

#8933 3 years ago

I hope they do a little Christmas Update (though I know they won't), still a couple little bugs and would love to access and switch between God Mode and Regular game play mode without opening the door - left button and start button for God Mode would be cool ?

#8934 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

left button and start button for God Mode would be cool ?

OMG yes!!!

#8935 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

left button and start button for God Mode would be cool ?

dj mixer would be a nice addition too

#8936 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

They've gotta be pretty low. Of all the games that Stern could vault why would they choose this one in particular? It seems like the supply and demand are pretty well balanced on the used market.

It is one of Sterns best selling games of all time.

Why would they not make a vault? Makes sense to me. There are rumours of a vault or new release for the end of 2021.

#8937 3 years ago

But I thought GB was a clunker and it’s too hard and that flipper gap and the airballs and the code and...and. I guess it’s a great game after all! Glad I never sold mine.

#8938 3 years ago

I put the centre post mod into my GB Premium a couple of months ago. Wow, what a literal game changer. Has made the game so much more fun and you don’t stand there on 99 ghosts feeling short changed as the ball goes straight down the middle... sigh! Big tick for the center post mod.

#8939 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

It is one of Sterns best selling games of all time.

If so, this would mean there are alot out there to recirculate on the used market.

Do you have a source for the information that it's one of Stern's best sellers? As far as I understand, Stern doesn't release that kind of information.

#8940 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Here's a new alternate for this awesome game.
[quoted image]

You get that from Stern? How much?

#8941 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

But I thought GB was a clunker and it’s too hard and that flipper gap and the airballs and the code and...and. I guess it’s a great game after all! Glad I never sold mine.

HAHA so true! Never selling my LE....ever!.....well at least for a long time.

#8942 3 years ago

Working on a mod/topper. I didn't consider the Stern topper when it was $400 originally. Now I see they are hard to find and the prices are considerably higher.

I purchased two blue, rotating LED sirens from Amazon. They are smaller, maybe 4" tall and run on 3 AA batteries, so 4.5 volts. I was thinking of direct wiring these and then connecting them to a flasher, since Spike flashers are only 5v not the traditional 12v. Anyone strongly advise against this?

The closest flashers are in the ghost trap. I would love to connect them and have them mean something. I thought they signaled the number of balls in the trap, but mine isn't doing that.

When exactly do the backwall ghost trap flashers go off?

51QXgZx-PsL._AC_SL1001_ (resized).jpg51QXgZx-PsL._AC_SL1001_ (resized).jpg
#8943 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

If so, this would mean there are alot out there to recirculate on the used market.
Do you have a source for the information that it's one of Stern's best sellers? As far as I understand, Stern doesn't release that kind of information.

Stern does not release their numbers. Our distro tools us.

#8944 3 years ago

For those with the resources and space, check out this life size glow in the dark slimer. Looks pretty cool.
https://www.lmtreasures.com/products/ghostbuster-slimer-exclusive-glow-in-the-dark-life-size-statue

#8945 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I haven't seen a decent on on market in my area in about a year (premium). Every time I see one for a decent price within 2 states, it's already sold.

#8946 3 years ago

Hey all - picked up my first GB today. It’s a fun game, and maintaining it’s value quite well.

#8947 3 years ago

How is GB ranked like 37? The code update really put this pin near the top of the modern Stern list, in my book. The top 100 rankings are pretty puzzling and should probably be taken with a grain of salt. Several pins ranked higher aren't nearly as good as GB, but what do I know? I'm a big fan of this game.

#8948 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

How is GB ranked like 37? The code update really put this pin near the top of the modern Stern list, in my book. The top 100 rankings are pretty puzzling and should probably be taken with a grain of salt. Several pins ranked higher aren't nearly as good as GB, but what do I know? I'm a big fan of this game.

I think because of jt which to me is ridiculous. I didn't buy it because of him. I don't hear any I'll will towards cftbl etc What if another designer is found to be a serial killer, will all his titles be tarnished?

#8949 3 years ago

My GBpro is FS/FT (LF LOTR or TWD) if anyone is looking. I’m in Central VA. The lower cab is split on the corner, but comes with a new uninstalled cabinet with reinforced corners. Colordmd, speaker upgrade and some mods. Asking 5500.

20364587-D4D6-4939-92A9-FEA7DA060181 (resized).jpeg20364587-D4D6-4939-92A9-FEA7DA060181 (resized).jpeg20B3096E-BDA0-45DD-B1FD-F3ACE7AD3D6E (resized).jpeg20B3096E-BDA0-45DD-B1FD-F3ACE7AD3D6E (resized).jpeg
#8950 3 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

I hope they do vault it so I can get a topper!

Can we reverse engineer the topper? I'd like to see what makes it tick.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
Plastics
There are 12,414 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/179?hl=mdeslaur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.