Topic Stats

• 8,999 posts
  • 728 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by shaub
  • Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,703 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
50FAD40F-1B49-4B9D-A315-9F06743691B7 (resized).jpeg
48EAD4DF-B9F4-465C-B53D-D2AB6A589B98 (resized).jpeg
6FA4CCC7-8CFE-45F7-B0F8-7A2E82FFB273 (resized).jpeg
14AD83D4-8805-495E-85D9-ECFBDE7DA3E5 (resized).jpeg
60D0B9EE-A8B2-44AD-B004-7F424F1866B8 (resized).jpeg
6E53267D-4B45-40A7-AC78-F6793B566B3C (resized).jpeg
5EAB581F-5E9F-4039-A33E-C1142A3F9DF0 (resized).jpeg
deadflipimage002 (resized).JPG
deadflipimage (resized).JPG
PXL_20210108_023301238 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210107-000931 (resized).png
Skärmavbild 2021-01-06 kl. 23.26.11 (resized).png
20210104_083225 (resized).jpg
20210104_083231 (resized).jpg
20210104_083243 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8999 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 180.
#8851 70 days ago

So... I just (re)joined the club with a NIB Pro thanks to Trent at Tilt Amusements... as I go on the mission to acquire the must have mods, I am trying to find something I had on my previous GB machine which was metal outlane guards. There were Metal pieces that attached to left/right outlanes that prevented the ball from jumping over the factory ball guides.

Does anyone recall who sold those? I've not been able to locate as of yet and cant find my orders from last time I had the machine.

Thanks in advance!!!

#8852 70 days ago

They are called DRAIN BUSTER and I believe sold by pinside TaylorVA . you can do a search and my be able to find them

#8853 70 days ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

So... I just (re)joined the club with a NIB Pro thanks to Trent at Tilt Amusements... as I go on the mission to acquire the must have mods, I am trying to find something I had on my previous GB machine which was metal outlane guards. There were Metal pieces that attached to left/right outlanes that prevented the ball from jumping over the factory ball guides.
Does anyone recall who sold those? I've not been able to locate as of yet and cant find my orders from last time I had the machine.
Thanks in advance!!!

taylorva designed them and cliffy made them - I got a set via Taylor a while back

#8854 70 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

taylorva designed them and cliffy made them - I got a set via Taylor a while back

Thanks all, I just ordered from Taylor

#8855 68 days ago

I decided to try white t-molding on my GB. I really like it. It’s pretty easy to change too. T-molding.com has great choices and the sure-cut trimmers and rubber mallet. $10 for 20 feet of molding. One pin requires 12 feet total.

418AC15F-D784-48C7-897C-C6587E1A817F (resized).jpeg
#8856 66 days ago

After a couple of weeks of waiting for parts, completely shopping this game, rebuilding flippers, replacing the playfield protector, installing a few mods here and there im now enjoying the game.

5713752D-1999-46EC-863E-F73AA802B3C4 (resized).jpegAFF0B540-ECF4-49C5-B413-829E69B699D5 (resized).jpegFF120A9B-FA78-472F-805D-B2275F4A58C0 (resized).jpeg

Couple things happening...
These might be already tired discussion points that if someone wants to link a post to I’m cool with that, than beating a dead horse. I can’t ever find anything I’m looking for when I search the forum.

1 out of 15 locks the trough will fire 2 balls into play during the auto plunge. I reseated the opto boards. Everything seems to be ok visually. Any thoughts here?

I haven’t replaced the plunger spring with the green yet however soft plunges, hard plunges and autoplunges are bricking into the gate or stay puff. I put 2 washers between the platform and the playfield to raise him and I made an air ball deflector but I’m still getting bricks and it’s rare to plunge an orbit. What is the deal?

2573626B-9D7A-47A3-97A6-5BD3E58514EE (resized).jpeg38F687D3-D891-4678-96AB-28C5F2E4F9BA (resized).jpeg

#8857 66 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

1 out of 15 locks the trough will fire 2 balls into play during the auto plunge. I reseated the opto boards. Everything seems to be ok visually. Any thoughts here?
I haven’t replaced the plunger spring with the green yet however soft plunges, hard plunges and autoplunges are bricking into the gate or stay puff. I put 2 washers between the platform and the playfield to raise him and I made an air ball deflector but I’m still getting bricks and it’s rare to plunge an orbit. What is the deal?
[quoted image][quoted image]

1- Have you tried adjusting the power of the ball release down? This was happening to me (and a few others) and it was due to the ball releasing so dam hard that it was causing an issue.

2 - Same as #1, but with the auto-launch setting...but I assume you probably tried that. I was having lots of bricking and a simple reduction of the launch strength fixed it, I now get orbits from the launch more often than not.

#8858 66 days ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

1- Have you tried adjusting the power of the ball release down? This was happening to me (and a few others) and it was due to the ball releasing so dam hard that it was causing an issue.
2 - Same as #1, but with the auto-launch setting...but I assume you probably tried that. I was having lots of bricking and a simple reduction of the launch strength fixed it, I now get orbits from the launch more often than not.

I adjusted the through to 180 and the auto plunge to 190. Seems to have helped.

What’s the logic of the Ecto Goggles? I’ll play games where there’s ghost showing the whole time then I’ll play games where I don’t see a single thing the whole time. Is this a mode I’m not getting or is something off with them?

#8859 66 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

What’s the logic of the Ecto Goggles? I’ll play games where there’s ghost showing the whole time then I’ll play games where I don’t see a single thing the whole time. Is this a mode I’m not getting or is something off with them?

The ghost in the goggles can be collected like any of the 'anti-ghost' symbols around the playfield by hitting the ball around that right orbit. Sometimes the final shot to hit Slimer will also be in the ecto goggles (the slimer toy on the boom will move away, and slimer will be in the goggles). That's about it really.

#8860 66 days ago
Quoted from Zzap:

The ghost in the goggles can be collected like any of the 'anti-ghost' symbols around the playfield by hitting the ball around that right orbit. Sometimes the final shot to hit Slimer will also be in the ecto goggles (the slimer toy on the boom will move away, and slimer will be in the goggles). That's about it really.

So the last few games I just played the only thing that shows in the goggles is text when I hit super jackpot. Other than that it’s blank. But earlier this evening there was the purple goblin, taxi driver, a cat, slimer. I guess I don’t get why some games it shows ghosts on the screen and some games it doesn’t.

#8861 66 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

So the last few games I just played the only thing that shows in the goggles is text when I hit super jackpot. Other than that it’s blank. But earlier this evening there was the purple goblin, taxi driver, a cat, slimer. I guess I don’t get why some games it shows ghosts on the screen and some games it doesn’t.

I have this problem as well, others do too. Ecto Goggle hologram stops working under following circumstances. If Storage Facility Multiball ends with a "Scoleri Brother" character being displayed in the hologram, the hologram refuses to show the (taxi ghost, flying goblin or black cat) character for the rest of the game. However the (Super Jackpot and Slimer) characters will still be displayed during gameplay, as well as the (Stern logo) during attract mode.
-This issue gets solved with a power cycle of the game Or when Storage Facility Multiball ends without a Scoleri Brother displayed at the hologram.

#8862 61 days ago

Just finished up the Containment Unit mod... not sure who was the first one who came up with the idea, but thank you! Much better looking than the original plastic.

1 (resized).jpg
#8863 61 days ago

Just finished up the Containment Unit mod... not sure who was the first one who came up with the idea, but thank you! Much better looking than the original plastic.
[quoted image]

Who makes that?

#8864 61 days ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Who makes that?

Nobody specifically, you have to make from this:

ebay.com link » Matty Collector Ghostbusters The Movie Walter Peck Containmet Unit New Sealed

It gets cutdown and then you transfer your lights from existing plastic to this one.

EDIT: Original Thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-containment-unit-upgrade

#8865 60 days ago

[quoted image]

Absolutely! This mod is phenomenal. Kept the lamps on it as I’ve seen others to with the lights right behind them.

C3A46B35-B443-4954-938A-6B08B06D7C28 (resized).jpeg
#8866 59 days ago

Hi all. I've been getting stuck balls on the plastic just to the right of the library in the corner. The game is leveled and the pitch seems right. Any ideas of the best way to deal with it--maybe adding a post or spacer where the existing screw is in that area? Thanks.

thumbnail_IMG_8762 (resized).jpg

#8867 59 days ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Hi all. I've been getting stuck balls on the plastic just to the right of the library in the corner. The game is leveled and the pitch seems right. Any ideas of the best way to deal with it--maybe adding a post or spacer where the existing screw is in that area? Thanks for any ideas.
[quoted image]

A Siamese post placed at an angle there should do good to deflect the ball. I would think you could mount to existing screw location.

Post: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-17492C
Rubber: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-0012B

#8868 59 days ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Hi all. I've been getting stuck balls on the plastic just to the right of the library in the corner. The game is leveled and the pitch seems right. Any ideas of the best way to deal with it--maybe adding a post or spacer where the existing screw is in that area? Thanks.
[quoted image]

Me too, drives me nuts when it happens because I can't shake it free without tilting. It didn't happen often enough for me to try and deal with it...but let us know if you deploy a fix and how it goes. I may then follow suit and fix mine.

#8869 59 days ago

This black post was under my plastic before I shopped the game. I thought it was a mistake so I put it up top. But I guess now I know why. It supposed to be under because it makes the plastic decline towards the playfield.

image (resized).jpg

#8870 59 days ago

yeah I get that too, was going to create a custom post for this this weekend

#8871 58 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

yeah I get that too, was going to create a custom post for this this weekend

Excellent. Please keep us "posted." Ha ha. Will you be making it available for sale?

#8872 58 days ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Excellent. Please keep us "posted." Ha ha. Will you be making it available for sale?

yes - will let you know over the next 2-3 days

#8873 57 days ago

UPDATE: SOLD

Anyone interested in a set of the Stern Ghostbusters Art Blades? Still new in the box. $75 shipped.

UPDATE: SOLD

#8874 57 days ago

Software Questions:

I have had a break for a while from playing BG but now just getting back into it and rusty on the rules:

Q1 - the 3 bank of targets with yellow inserts on the left hand side under the museum - when you hit them all they light up and then reset - what is the function?

Q2 - same set of target, when you hit the left ramp and the ball returns to the rhs in lane and these same set of light all flash as well as the proton pack insert - if you hit this what is offered / activated?

#8875 57 days ago

Anyone interested in a set of the Stern Ghostbusters Art Blades? Still new in the box. $75 shipped.

PM sent

#8876 57 days ago

Just gave my GB a good cleaning, wax, and some Titan Glow in the Dark rubber. I had to reset my scores because it's a different game when it's clean. I bought the game routed, I don't think I've ever played one that wasn't dirty and slow, This game is brutal when it's clean! My Slimer sounds like a train whistle. Has anyone else experienced this? I suppose a total teardown of the assembly is in order.

#8877 53 days ago

Going through my parts, I have the following for sale:

$12 green rail protector
$10 Flipper and netwon plate decal
$15 stern flippers with decals

PM me if you want any or all.

IMG_3978 (resized).JPGIMG_3980 (resized).JPGIMG_3982 (resized).JPG
#8878 51 days ago

2020-11-25-18-38-42 (resized).jpg
#8879 45 days ago

Back in stock:

Mod - For Sale
New “One for $20 (sale - both for $30)! Supplies limited. PET-G plastic. 1. Airball protector, Left ramp - see below. 2. Right Orbit protector - see below. (see instructions below). ...”
12 days ago
Saukville, WI

#8880 44 days ago

Another fun game I filmed the other day . Only a couple billion,but lots of ghosts,a decent mass hysteria mb, put up initials for it . Enjoy such an underrated game!!

#8881 44 days ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

[quoted image]

"Welcome aboard Rookie" ... to one of the most underrated modern pinball titles. In my "expert" opinion anyway.

#8882 43 days ago

New member here as well! Pro came in this week. Right flipper has been crapping out after about 15-20 minutes or so though. So I ordered some new coils. Fingers crossed those will do the trick. But I absolutely love the game. The shots are so damn satisfying.

#8883 42 days ago

After many months of strategizing I finally wore down my buddy and traded for his HUO Ghostbusters Premium. All it needed was some Zombie Yeti blades and she’s ready to go. “ I GOT ONE”

769B8408-C92B-44A3-A7C3-30143A0A1F53 (resized).jpeg
#8884 42 days ago
Quoted from Flash71:

After many months of strategizing I finally wore down my buddy and traded for his HUO Ghostbusters Premium. All it needed was some Zombie Yeti blades and she’s ready to go. “ I GOT ONE”
[quoted image]

Congrats!
What did ya trade for it?

#8885 42 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Congrats!
What did ya trade for it?

A really nice Tron pro and cash adder. No regrets!

#8886 42 days ago

Put up 2.8 Bil tonight!
Still trying to learn this game...
I started on the right side and finished Stay Puff and then WCWS. Then moved to the ramp and finished Ballroom and then WCWS. I was trying to go into the scoop modes and that’s what ended up killing my game.

If I would’ve finished Backoff Man what would’ve happened? Would I have to do another round of we came we saw or would it light We Are Ready to Believe You?

Also how do you get to “Are you a God?”

#8887 42 days ago
Quoted from Flash71:

A really nice Tron pro and cash adder. No regrets!

Well done! Looks like you scored a nice machine. Congrats and welcome to the club.

#8888 42 days ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

New member here as well! Pro came in this week. Right flipper has been crapping out after about 15-20 minutes or so though. So I ordered some new coils. Fingers crossed those will do the trick. But I absolutely love the game. The shots are so damn satisfying.

What does the flipper do?! Does it stick? Might just be your coil stops that need replaced not the whole coil

#8889 42 days ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

What does the flipper do?! Does it stick? Might just be your coil stops that need replaced not the whole coil

They don't stick but the flipper loses most of its power and the ball just kind of barely leaves it. The flipper still goes all the way up. It just doesn't do it with much force. It doesn't even make much of a sound either. Not that normal "chunk" sound. If that makes sense. What's weird is that it takes me playing for a little while for it to start happening. When I first start up the flipper acts totally normal.

#8890 41 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

If I would’ve finished Backoff Man what would’ve happened? Would I have to do another round of we came we saw or would it light We Are Ready to Believe You?

Also how do you get to “Are you a God?”

Finishing the third ladder would start We Are Ready...., not another WCWS.

Are You A God starts if you complete WARTBY.

#8891 41 days ago
Quoted from Flash71:

[quoted image]

Congrats!

It still is one of the nicest looking art packages Stern has released. In my opinion, this is Yeti’s best pinball work.

#8892 41 days ago
Quoted from evileye:

Congrats!
It still is one of the nicest looking art packages Stern has released. In my opinion, this is Yeti’s best pinball work.

Absolutely! Added the ZY blades immediately. Completes the package!

#8893 41 days ago

This is a simple mod - calling it the - Library Steps Mod that sits on the plastic a little higher than the library on the left side using an available screw.

The ball is known to get a little bit of air and can go up onto this plastic and can occasionally get stuck in a small valley behind the library in which you then have to remove the glass to free up.

The library came stock on the Premium and LE's and those that were lucky to get a library as a part and installed onto their Pro will have it as well.
The Library Steps - v1 is for the Pro where the library is installed a little lower as it is adjustable to a degree and should suit your positioned install
The Library Steps - v2 is for the Permium and LE and possibly the Pro (but depends where you installed the library).

For me I installed the library so the 3 arches are centred over the 3 targets = which is a little lower than the Premium and LE so the Library Steps v1 which is adjustable suits my game and should fit onto to others as well.

Search - swinksgb - on Shapeways for all GB mods and the other Library Step Option.
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksgb&sort=newest

I have also made this mod design FREE to download and print for yourself if you have a 3d printer - but it strictly not to be on-sold. You need to login into Shapeways to see the download button.

Hope it helps.

Library Steps - V1
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG

Library Steps - V2 - which looks odd due to my lower library install
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg

#8894 40 days ago

Here's a new alternate for this awesome game.

GB pst (resized).jpg
#8895 40 days ago

Cooool!

#8896 38 days ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

New coil will not fix anything. It’s most likely mechanical or the EOS not making consistent good contact when the flipper is at rest.

Take the coil stop off and the coil sleeve out and inspect the coil sleeve, coil stop and the flipper plunger that goes in and out of the coil. Make sure they don’t have rough spots on them, are mushroomed or have any loose welds.

#8897 38 days ago

Another flipper problem. Sometimes for a short while after the game is turned on, hitting both flippers at the same time causes them to do a weak half flip then drop back down or even not flip at all. Hitting either flipper on it's own works fine.
It's been doing this on and off for years and goes away after a ball or two.

#8898 38 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

New coil will not fix anything. It’s most likely mechanical or the EOS not making consistent good contact when the flipper is at rest.
Take the coil stop off and the coil sleeve out and inspect the coil sleeve, coil stop and the flipper plunger that goes in and out of the coil. Make sure they don’t have rough spots on them, are mushroomed or have any loose welds.

Thank you so much. I will do just that. It hasn't been acting up recently so hopefully it's something simple.

#8899 34 days ago

I GOT ONE

20201213_155012 (resized).jpg
#8900 34 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I GOT ONE[quoted image]

Noice! Traded my Tron for one. Never looked back.

B5089291-2F51-4F0E-9B67-9430E9C8016D (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
2,500 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
South Hero, VT
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
There are 8999 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 180.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside