IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 250.
#8751 3 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Just wanted to post this . A Buddy of mine is working on 3d printed ghost trap for that shitty plastic on the back panel . I’m curious if there are any interest . The final version will be painted and we are also thinking of adding a green plastic inside the trap for a better effect . We are also playing with the idea of having the blinking lights as well . Not sure what it will cost when done but will be a simple install . Let me know why you think and what you think is a fair price for it .
[quoted image]

Depending on what the finished design looks like that might be cool. Cointaker's ghost trap mod is $31.95 so thinking somewhere around that is fair.

#8752 3 years ago
Quoted from mrpilkington:

Depending on what the finished design looks like that might be cool. Cointaker's ghost trap mod is $31.95 so thinking somewhere around that is fair.

I concur

#8753 3 years ago

Good to know. Was thinking around $50 when done , pending on what we end up adding and detail of paint . Thanks for the input

#8754 3 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Good to know. Was thinking around $50 when done , pending on what we end up adding and detail of paint . Thanks for the input

At the end of the day you price it to cover your cost and some more for your effort. If it is cool and better than others people will buy it. Now if you had servo driven ghost trap doors and then when open it exposes a green translucent panel instead of the globes people will pay more.

#8755 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

At the end of the day you price it to cover your cost and some more for your effort. If it is cool and better than others people will buy it. Now if you had servo driven ghost trap doors and then when open it exposes a green translucent panel instead of the globes people will pay more.

See now this would be awesome.

#8756 3 years ago

Does anyone have a solution for my slingshot rubber going behind the leaf switch? I have moved the rubber to the lower but it makes the ball jump, so i dont like that position.

Some have said to bend it over the rubber but the metal leaf isnt long enough to do that.

#8757 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Does anyone have a solution for my slingshot rubber going behind the leaf switch? I have moved the rubber to the lower but it makes the ball jump, so i dont like that position.
Some have said to bend it over the rubber but the metal leaf isnt long enough to do that.

Sounds like it's the wrong size. Try 1 size smaller. Is it a silicone ring? Sizing seems a little off on some of those.

#8758 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

How about a photo so we can see what you're talking about. I'm having a hard time visualizing. The slingshot posts are in the same place on every machine which should put the rubber exactly where it needs to be. Are they aftermarket rings? Have you changed anything else from stock?

#8759 3 years ago

I’ve had this issue happen with aftermarket slingshot rings. What happens is a slightly stretch and when the ball hits it and the kicker pushes against the rubber it pops up behind the switch. Either try one size smaller or a different set of rubbers

#8760 3 years ago

Hey guys! Yesterday we did family movie night and watched the very first Ghostbusters movie. Man, that was 1984 - 36 years ago!!!
Anyway, we enjoyed ourselves and tried to spot all the pinball's call-outs in the movie. Revisiting the movie I realized how well Stern has captured the vibe and the story of the movie in the pinball machine. Just had to put this out here.

#8761 3 years ago

It still is a great movie. Timeless

#8762 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

How about a photo so we can see what you're talking about. I'm having a hard time visualizing. The slingshot posts are in the same place on every machine which should put the rubber exactly where it needs to be. Are they aftermarket rings? Have you changed anything else from stock?

Thanks guys, sorry for the delay. Attached are pictures of what I mean. This now happens pretty much immediately after I fix it. So maybe smaller rubber is the fix..

20201012_073622 (resized).jpg20201012_073622 (resized).jpg20201012_073627 (resized).jpg20201012_073627 (resized).jpg
#8763 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks guys, sorry for the delay. Attached are pictures of what I mean. This now happens pretty much immediately after I fix it. So maybe smaller rubber is the fix..[quoted image][quoted image]

Take those 3/16 rubbers out that are under the sling rubber. Those shouldn’t be there.

#8764 3 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

Take those 3/16 rubbers out that are under the sling rubber. Those shouldn’t be there.

That was the standard layout. Mine was like that for a long time without issue. I did reverse them to make the sling more responsive though.

#8765 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

That was the standard layout. Mine was like that for a long time without issue. I did reverse them to make the sling more responsive though.

Ahh I see in premium/le those are standard I have a pro that does not have these

#8766 3 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

Ahh I see in premium/le those are standard I have a pro that does not have these

Yes the magna slings were set like this.

#8767 3 years ago

I bought a set of 1 3/4" as well as new 2" rubber to see if it fixes it...

#8768 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks guys, sorry for the delay. Attached are pictures of what I mean. This now happens pretty much immediately after I fix it. So maybe smaller rubber is the fix..[quoted image][quoted image]

Most of us swap the rubber, put the sling rubber in on bottom, put the smaller "O-rings" on top, stops the problem you're having. Did this since I bought it never had a problem. Some notice an improved response, I did not, you may adjust the switch as you see fit.
GB slings (resized).jpgGB slings (resized).jpg

#8769 3 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Most of us swap the rubber, put the sling rubber in on bottom, put the smaller "O-rings" on top, stops the problem you're having. Did this since I bought it never had a problem. Some notice an improved response, I did not, you may adjust the switch as you see fit.
[quoted image]

Ive done that but what happens is every time the ball hits the sling, it gets lifted off of the playfield and hits back down. I can literally hear the ball doing this over and over and just cant imagine its good for anything with it doing that. Sounds like someone dropping the ball on the playfield lightly over and over....

Is there a setting to lower the power of the magnets?

#8770 3 years ago

I also suffer this problem of the switch working its way onto the wrong side of the rubber, especially on my left sling. When I looked under my playfield, it looked to me like my switch plate was not actually perpendicular to the playfield - it had perhaps taken a knock at some point in the past and got ever-so-slightly bent - and was biased towards the wrong side of the rubber, maybe by just 1 degree or even less. I intent to replace it eventually, I hope, but I managed to bend the switch contacts back far enough to compensate so that it doesn't happen very often now, but it might be something worth checking for on your machine.

#8771 3 years ago
Quoted from slippifishi:

I also suffer this problem of the switch working its way onto the wrong side of the rubber, especially on my left sling. When I looked under my playfield, it looked to me like my switch plate was not actually perpendicular to the playfield - it had perhaps taken a knock at some point in the past and got ever-so-slightly bent - and was biased towards the wrong side of the rubber, maybe by just 1 degree or even less. I intent to replace it eventually, I hope, but I managed to bend the switch contacts back far enough to compensate so that it doesn't happen very often now, but it might be something worth checking for on your machine.

Thanks for the insight. I will take a look at that..

#8772 3 years ago

Does anyone have the half-moon PKE lane reflector plastic they would sell? It's listed as 510-7535-44 in the manual. It is the part that is removed when installing one of the numerous PKE lane mods. Mine is cracked, and I don't see it available from any of the online vendors. Thanks!

#8773 3 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Does anyone have the half-moon PKE lane reflector plastic they would sell? It's listed as 510-7535-44 in the manual. It is the part that is removed when installing one of the numerous PKE lane mods. Mine is cracked, and I don't see it available from any of the online vendors. Thanks!

Did you want one like this mirror mod?

https://laseriffic.com/products/ghostbusters-mirror-replacement-mod

#8774 3 years ago

I'd rather have the original one for now.

#8775 3 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Id imagine someone out there has one from replacing it.

Did you call Stern to ask about the part?

#8776 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Id imagine someone out there has one from replacing it.
Did you call Stern to ask about the part?

I did. They said I would have to order a whole plastic set (803-5000-H7) from a distributor. I would then have to rivet the brackets back on to the new plastic.

Needless to say, I'd rather get a used one from someone here that took it off to replace with a mod.

#8777 3 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

I did. They said I would have to order a whole plastic set (803-5000-H7) from a distributor. I would then have to rivet the brackets back on to the new plastic.
Needless to say, I'd rather get a used one from someone here that took it off to replace with a mod.

Yes, totally agree.. Annoying.

#8778 3 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

I have the mirror mod and I think it’s a great add on. And it beats the cost of a full plastic set.

#8779 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I have the mirror mod and I think it’s a great add on. And it beats the cost of a full plastic set.

Sell him your OEM piece?

#8780 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Sell him your OEM piece?

Sell him yours

#8781 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Sell him yours

haha, i didnt replace mine!

#8782 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

haha, i didnt replace mine!

I didn’t replace mine either I added!(think out side the PKE)

#8783 3 years ago

Whats a good price to buy a clean routed pro model?Thanks

#8784 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I didn’t replace mine either I added!(think out side the PKE)

Oh didnt see that hahah.

#8785 3 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

Whats a good price to buy a clean routed pro model?Thanks

5k. give or take a couple hundred, condition is king and depends on expensive mods etc.

#8786 3 years ago

fyi ...protectors

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “One for $20 (both for $30). Made from nearly unbreakable PET-G plastic. 1. Airball protector, Left ramp - see below. 2. Right Orbit protector - see below. (see instructions bel...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 2451 times

#8787 3 years ago

Was there ever a definitive fix for the airballs coming from the multiplier targets for this machine? I feel like ive tried everything but still get them...

#8788 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Was there ever a definitive fix for the airballs coming from the multiplier targets for this machine? I feel like ive tried everything but still get them...

the brackets liked below eliminated 90% of airballs for me
https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm

#8789 3 years ago

I have them and im not noticing much a difference. I can still see the balls plowing into my airball protector extremely often. Would love to be able to take that protector off.

#8790 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I have them and im not noticing much a difference. I can still see the balls plowing into my airball protector extremely often. Would love to be able to take that protector off.

I have the brackets too and didn’t make much difference.

#8791 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Glad its not just me haha.

#8792 3 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

[quoted image]

I did the same after reading about the improved response and couldn't be happier.

GB sling (resized).jpgGB sling (resized).jpg
#8793 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Wow - I was able to take my protector off.

#8794 3 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I did the same after reading about the improved response and couldn't be happier.[quoted image]

Why did you change the gi globes Btw?

#8795 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Wow - I was able to take my protector off.

Lucky you haha.

#8796 3 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I did the same after reading about the improved response and couldn't be happier.[quoted image]

I found the reason for that is because the switches there dont seem to be set right. After messing around with mine and tweaking them, much better response. Moving the rubber to the lower allows the sling to hit the switch lower down where there is less travel to register. When it is in the upper position, the switch is bent over more and has a longer travel to have the switch register... That seems to me, to be the reason you get more response when lowering the sling position.

I didnt like the lower position though as my balls would lift off the playfield every time they hit the rubber. Sounded like the ball gently dropping on the playfield over and over. Didnt like that.

#8797 3 years ago

Hello GB owners!

I just changed out my black rubber kit to a mix of GITD and clear ones from Titan and am very happy with not just the look, but the feel too. As someone who did not like the feel of these on my IJ, I am actually quite surprised that my shots have been better on GB since changing.

Anyone else feel this way? You liked the feel of them on one machine and not another? They look awesome either way but I had to switch my IJ back to a standard rubber kit because it didn’t feel right.

Anyways, here are some pics. I went with a user submitted kit and I’m very happy. Clear was used on the bright areas, GITD everywhere else.

AF372D96-1459-4815-83D6-9572EE96C0D8 (resized).jpegAF372D96-1459-4815-83D6-9572EE96C0D8 (resized).jpegFFD929EE-47A7-42F5-81FF-73AA5FFDC802 (resized).jpegFFD929EE-47A7-42F5-81FF-73AA5FFDC802 (resized).jpegE4A5BF03-BD63-4FF8-A5D6-42CE33B183A4 (resized).jpegE4A5BF03-BD63-4FF8-A5D6-42CE33B183A4 (resized).jpeg4B85C542-F3B5-48DD-B94E-D522BB71C852 (resized).jpeg4B85C542-F3B5-48DD-B94E-D522BB71C852 (resized).jpeg

#8798 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Hello GB owners!
I just changed out my black rubber kit to a mix of GITD and clear ones from Titan and am very happy with not just the look, but the feel too. As someone who did not like the feel of these on my IJ, I am actually quite surprised that my shots have been better on GB since changing.
Anyone else feel this way? You liked the feel of them on one machine and not another? They look awesome either way but I had to switch my IJ back to a standard rubber kit because it didn’t feel right.
Anyways, here are some pics. I went with a user submitted kit and I’m very happy. Clear was used on the bright areas, GITD everywhere else.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Titans are great on GB. I have them on my Premium and the game play feels great after making the change.

#8799 3 years ago

If I still had a Ghostbusters, this mashup would've been added to the soundtrack I made.

#8800 3 years ago

Just added the green DMD, speaker grills and lights. Weird, the greens match in person but not in pic.

7490D055-E920-4E7D-87DA-67B826E2FCB6 (resized).jpeg7490D055-E920-4E7D-87DA-67B826E2FCB6 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/176?hl=phantasize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.