IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 250.
#8701 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ni5vFjL-ffJYfWyDTWuAnnavTfhyDV6k/view?usp=sharing

Never tried it on a premium, but give it a shot. Just install on a new SD card so you can pop your card back in if it doesn’t work.

Thank you so much!
Unfortunately i don't think it will work, but i will definitely give it a shot and report back.

#8702 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ni5vFjL-ffJYfWyDTWuAnnavTfhyDV6k/view?usp=sharing
Never tried it on a premium, but give it a shot. Just install on a new SD card so you can pop your card back in if it doesn’t work.

What songs did you use? Does the card retain game settings and high scores?

#8703 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

What songs did you use? Does the card retain game settings and high scores?

Game settings will be back to factory and same with high scores. If you want to keep your scores, you can load the image in Pinball Browser and add your scores and initials. Or just write down your scores, take the glass off and ring up the same score and add your initials.

I updated the Mudflaps Pro soundtrack, which is excellent and a great start for me. I just do not have the appreciation for the original soundtracks of GB 1&2, just not my style of music. I prefer the entire gaming experience to be very upbeat, energetic and keeping with a Blues Brothers-Ghostbusters vibe in conjunction with the original Stern soundtrack of EDM. Here I have Tina Turner instead of Aretha like Blues Brothers. Also have Stevie Ray Vaughn; James Brown; Cherry Poppin Daddies; The Prodigy; KillParis; Ghostbuster theme remixes including an uptempo remix starting on ball 3.

Script 0x62D (24s11ms) - Loop that plays when a ball is in the shooter lane. This was a soft piano loop that had a cutoff during the loop. This would drive me crazy if I walked away from the game or was waiting for someone to shoot the ball. Now it's a very upbeat, funky groove that was taken from Script 0x620 and edited to fit. Perfect!

Script 0x637 (18s180ms) - this was some odd Bobby Brown clip I think and it didn't work. Replaced with another script of a short loop to fit.

Script 0x606 (29s545ms) - replaced a quiet and out of place piano clip, or maybe it was quiet and cartoony? Swapped in another script that works great. Still may re-visit this, but it's an improvement for me.

Script 0x618 (1:18s414ms) - We Got One mode. Replaced the Cleanin' Up the Town song. It worked just fine there, but I wanted something else that also kept the same vibe. So I have a section of Nutbush City Limits by Ike & Tina Turner.

Script 0x61B (1:35s976ms) Plays for He Slimed Me mode. Whatever song that was, I did not like it. I think it was from the soundtrack. Replaced with a James Brown instrumental track, The Scratch. Fits the vibe and no vocals interfering with game sounds.

Script 0x625 (2:54s848ms) - Spook Central mode. Absolutely did not like this track from the soundtrack. Way too 80s synth and did not fit the vibe I'm going for. Replaced with an awesome Ghostbusters remix by Kill Paris

Script 0x5FF (3:48s178ms) Can't remember what was here, probably a soundtrack song. This track plays when choosing Guess the Card and Cross the Streams games. It will continue to play if choosing Guess the Card. If you choose cross the streams, then Script 0x61D plays. Replaced with Their Law by Prodigy.

Script 0x61D (1:25s367ms) - Can't remember what was there, but didn't like it. This plays during Cross the Streams video mode. Replace with El Phantasmo & The Chicken Run Blast-O-Rama (Wine women and song mix) by White Zombie

Script 0x614 (2:19s994ms) - Plays during We Came, We Saw (I think that's the mode name), replaces Savin' The Day. I really hate that song, lol, totally the opposite of the music I like. Replaced with House is a Rockin' by Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Script 0x631 (5:53s000ms) - This original Ghostbusters theme song plays in the background during ball 3 and then in the background of all extra balls. Replaced with a faster remix of the original and I like it adding a faster pace when you reach ball 3 and beyond. Same old slow theme song gets boring.

#8704 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Game settings will be back to factory and same with high scores. If you want to keep your scores, you can load the image in Pinball Browser and add your scores and initials. Or just write down your scores, take the glass off and ring up the same score and add your initials.
I updated the Mudflaps Pro soundtrack, which is excellent and a great start for me. I just do not have the appreciation for the original soundtracks of GB 1&2, just not my style of music. I prefer the entire gaming experience to be very upbeat, energetic and keeping with a Blues Brothers-Ghostbusters vibe in conjunction with the original Stern soundtrack of EDM. Here I have Tina Turner instead of Aretha like Blues Brothers. Also have Stevie Ray Vaughn; James Brown; Cherry Poppin Daddies; The Prodigy; KillParis; Ghostbuster theme remixes including an uptempo remix starting on ball 3.
Script 0x62D (24s11ms) - Loop that plays when a ball is in the shooter lane. This was a soft piano loop that had a cutoff during the loop. This would drive me crazy if I walked away from the game or was waiting for someone to shoot the ball. Now it's a very upbeat, funky groove that was taken from Script 0x620 and edited to fit. Perfect!
Script 0x637 (18s180ms) - this was some odd Bobby Brown clip I think and it didn't work. Replaced with another script of a short loop to fit.
Script 0x606 (29s545ms) - replaced a quiet and out of place piano clip, or maybe it was quiet and cartoony? Swapped in another script that works great. Still may re-visit this, but it's an improvement for me.
Script 0x618 (1:18s414ms) - We Got One mode. Replaced the Cleanin' Up the Town song. It worked just fine there, but I wanted something else that also kept the same vibe. So I have a section of Nutbush City Limits by Ike & Tina Turner.
Script 0x61B (1:35s976ms) Plays for He Slimed Me mode. Whatever song that was, I did not like it. I think it was from the soundtrack. Replaced with a James Brown instrumental track, The Scratch. Fits the vibe and no vocals interfering with game sounds.
Script 0x625 (2:54s848ms) - Spook Central mode. Absolutely did not like this track from the soundtrack. Way too 80s synth and did not fit the vibe I'm going for. Replaced with an awesome Ghostbusters remix by Kill Paris
Script 0x5FF (3:48s178ms) Can't remember what was here, probably a soundtrack song. This track plays when choosing Guess the Card and Cross the Streams games. It will continue to play if choosing Guess the Card. If you choose cross the streams, then Script 0x61D plays. Replaced with Their Law by Prodigy.
Script 0x61D (1:25s367ms) - Can't remember what was there, but didn't like it. This plays during Cross the Streams video mode. Replace with El Phantasmo & The Chicken Run Blast-O-Rama (Wine women and song mix) by White Zombie
Script 0x614 (2:19s994ms) - Plays during We Came, We Saw (I think that's the mode name), replaces Savin' The Day. I really hate that song, lol, totally the opposite of the music I like. Replaced with House is a Rockin' by Stevie Ray Vaughn.
Script 0x631 (5:53s000ms) - This original Ghostbusters theme song plays in the background during ball 3 and then in the background of all extra balls. Replaced with a faster remix of the original and I like it adding a faster pace when you reach ball 3 and beyond. Same old slow theme song gets boring.

this looks amazing, anyone want to transpose it to the premium? I be very appreciative

#8705 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

this looks amazing, anyone want to transpose it to the premium? I be very appreciative

What would be the differences with Premium? Are there a few more modes or just the song locations might be different?

#8706 3 years ago

which ColorDMD is the better option for GB premium, LCD or Led? any opinions from other owners is much appreciated. thanks, Ryan

#8707 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

which ColorDMD is the better option for GB premium, LCD or Led? any opinions from other owners is much appreciated. thanks, Ryan

This is a debate that has not been/never will be settled. Each has its own benefits. You will do fine choosing, either are great. I personally use the LCD for Ghostbusters (Premium)-le and set it on "scanlines" and like the feel and look of it. On other machines my decision would differ.

#8708 3 years ago

LCD here as well, happy with it.

#8709 3 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

So I’m having a dumb moment, what registers the scoleri brother switch. Currently when I knock it down the light stays on and acts like it didn’t register the hit 2/10 times.

Any help? Looked again today and I must be blind.

#8710 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

This is a debate that has not been/never will be settled. Each has its own benefits. You will do fine choosing, either are great. I personally use the LCD for Ghostbusters (Premium/LE) and set it on "scanlines" and like the feel and look of it. On other machines my decision would differ.

Yeah he is correct lol. I have the lcd don’t like it all my others are led. I also prefer the dots xl over the scan. The led colors are just richer and I probably wouldn’t notice if I didn’t have machines next to each other

#8711 3 years ago

LCD for me

#8712 3 years ago

The led has dots only. The LCD has multiple modes including big dots and small dots. You can change the mode as often as you want.

#8713 3 years ago

I prefer the LCD. I had one I planned on putting in the game, but it was an earlier version and wouldn't work without some modification. I had an LED in my AC/DC just because it came that way second hand. I didn't like the LCD in AC/DC but I don't mind it in GB. The LED is a cleaner install. Neither is bad. If you like dots, go with the LED. If you like the blurred look go with LCD.

#8714 3 years ago

LCD all the way for us!

Quoted from rwalters21:

#8715 3 years ago

LED all the way here. Nice black levels, beautiful colors, best form factor, best brightness. I stayed close to the original on all my machines, I like the dots and their animations. But again you can't go wrong and each thier own.

#8716 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

LED all the way here. Nice black levels, beautiful colors, best form factor, best brightness. I stayed close to the original on all my machines, I like the dots and their animations. But again you can't go wrong and each thier own.

I ordered LED last night and anti glare eliminator from Comet pinball to go with it. I like the idea of the cleaner install and form factor along with the brightness. I think the glare eliminated will help with contrast as well from what I've read. thanks everyone!

#8717 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

If you like dots, go with the LED. If you like the blurred look go with LCD.

Ive read many many many posts on this topic, and the above statement is all you need to know in regards to gameplay appearance. You’re either one or the other. I wish someone said that to me before I went with an LCD in my Iron Man. I’m a dots man all the way.

#8718 3 years ago

Mine low plays HUO came With color LCD

I don’t think I could ever play it with the red display

Brings so much more to the game and I like the smooth images (to the best of their ability)

Overall very happy with color LCD

#8719 3 years ago

How about a video? Again, I think either LED or LCD are fantastic. I didn't choose this option, it came with my GB Pre. I am happy with it, and have gone back and forth between DotXL and Scanlines. Scanlines is shown below.

Some people don't like it, some love it. Can't go wrong with either way.

#8720 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

Yes, the debate rages on, but I went with the LED to preserve the feel of the original game and to have it fit perfectly in my machine. The virtual dots just don't do it for me. LED brightness is great as well.

#8721 3 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

Yes, the debate rages on, but I went with the LED to preserve the feel of the original game and to have it fit perfectly in my machine. The virtual dots just don't do it for me. LED brightness is great as well.

LoL @ LED to preserve the original feel!

#8722 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

I have the lcd but I cannot use hi res setting on GB. It has far too much motion blur. Aside from that its great. its plenty bright and I like the options to change the display, such as dots, dots xl, hi res....

#8723 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me if there is a 12vdc 3 pin plug inside the cabinet like you would find in a Sam system game like metallica etc. I want to install some under cab lighting that is 12v. Photo would be great as well. Thanks

#8724 3 years ago

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “One for $20 (both for $30). Made from nearly unbreakable PET-G plastic. 1. Airball protector, Left ramp - see below. 2. Right Orbit protector - see below. (see instructions bel...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 2451 times

#8725 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Can anyone tell me if there is a 12vdc 3 pin plug inside the cabinet like you would find in a Sam system game like metallica etc. I want to install some under cab lighting that is 12v. Photo would be great as well. Thanks

No, there isn’t.

#8726 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Quoted from Lermods:

No, there isn’t.

Stern took it out when putting the power supply and the power switch in the head

#8727 3 years ago

you can use the 12v from the cabinet board on the left. Several vendors sell complete wiring kits for that.

#8728 3 years ago

Thanks guys will have to try and find one of these kits. Are they those splutter systems I've seen pop up now and then?

#8731 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Thanks mate but I was after the splutter systems Lol, bloody phone auto correct.
Will have to buy me one or make one

haven't heard of a splutter system

#8732 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

haven't heard of a splutter system

That's when you type splitter and your phone changes it to splutter.

#8733 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I hate when this happens!

#8734 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

ok, cool

found this

https://www.pinballlife.com/spike-12-volt-backbox-power-adapter-cable.html

pbl-600-0046-00-3 (resized).jpgpbl-600-0046-00-3 (resized).jpg
#8735 3 years ago

That one is for the backbox, they also have one for the cabinet node board.

#8736 3 years ago

I just got a GB Premium to replace my Pro, and am in the process of removing a whole bunch of mods the previous owner put in the game.

Some of the lights seem to have been replaced with red bulbs, and I'm wondering if that is stock or not:

1- Three of the bulbs at the top of the backboard are red.
2- The flasher underneath the city is red.
3- The bulb right next to the ghost target is red.

The manual says all bulbs are supposed to be white, but I seem to recall the bulb next to the ghost target bring red on my Pro. Perhaps this was a last-minute change because there's nothing in front of it and it would be blinding if it was white?

Are those bulbs white or red on other premium machines?

Thanks!

#8737 3 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

I just got a GB Premium to replace my Pro, and am in the process of removing a whole bunch of mods the previous owner put in the game.
Some of the lights seem to have been replaced with red bulbs, and I'm wondering if that is stock or not:
1- Three of the bulbs at the top of the backboard are red.
2- The flasher underneath the city is red.
3- The bulb right next to the ghost target is red.
The manual says all bulbs are supposed to be white, but I seem to recall the bulb next to the ghost target bring red on my Pro. Perhaps this was a last-minute change because there's nothing in front of it and it would be blinding if it was white?
Are those bulbs white or red on other premium machines?
Thanks!

The back and by the ghost target are stock. The flasher under the city is white from the factory.

20201005_140359 (resized).jpg20201005_140359 (resized).jpg

#8738 3 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

The back and by the ghost target are stock. The flasher under the city is white from the factory.
[quoted image]

Awesome, thanks for checking!

#8739 3 years ago

Might have just found my new topper.

IMG_20201006_2018421 (resized).jpgIMG_20201006_2018421 (resized).jpgIMG_20201006_2022243 (resized).jpgIMG_20201006_2022243 (resized).jpgIMG_20201006_2032154 (resized).jpgIMG_20201006_2032154 (resized).jpgIMG_20201006_2035052 (resized).jpgIMG_20201006_2035052 (resized).jpg
#8740 3 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great and different to what you normally see

#8741 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

That looks great and different to what you normally see

Thanks. It may work but I would have to center drill on the resin piece to secure it to a mounting plate or similar. It would be neat to have some spots/lights setup on it as well. I did inquire about the tech that is within the actual Stern GB topper but it is one or more node boards in there so not likely easy or possible to duplicate that.

#8742 3 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Put stay puft on a metronome

#8743 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Put stay puft on a metronome

I do have the moving Stay Puft mod for the in-game SP, that's cool! I was thinking that I could connect spot lights to that same signal to light up the topper. What are others doing, if anything?

#8744 3 years ago

Just wanted to post this . A Buddy of mine is working on 3d printed ghost trap for that shitty plastic on the back panel . I’m curious if there are any interest . The final version will be painted and we are also thinking of adding a green plastic inside the trap for a better effect . We are also playing with the idea of having the blinking lights as well . Not sure what it will cost when done but will be a simple install . Let me know why you think and what you think is a fair price for it .

6A174625-2834-4DCB-B447-ED9EDE62AEEC (resized).jpeg6A174625-2834-4DCB-B447-ED9EDE62AEEC (resized).jpeg
#8745 3 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Just wanted to post this . A Buddy of mine is working on 3d printed ghost trap for that shitty plastic on the back panel . I’m curious if there are any interest . The final version will be painted and we are also thinking of adding a green plastic inside the trap for a better effect . We are also playing with the idea of having the blinking lights as well . Not sure what it will cost when done but will be a simple install . Let me know why you think and what you think is a fair price for it .
[quoted image]

Sounds cool! I am interested so far and will watch for more details.

#8746 3 years ago

So I screwed up changing my rubbers and I have a nylon washer I don’t know where it goes. Somewhere around the wire gate assembly. Anyone know?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8747 3 years ago

So I screwed up changing my rubbers and I have a nylon washer I don’t know where it goes. Somewhere around the wire gate assembly. Anyone know?
[quoted image]

Near the Newton ball you photographed. Without it the ball behind the Newton ball won’t have clearance to move freely when struck.

#8748 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

Near the Newton ball you photographed. Without it the ball behind the Newton ball won’t have clearance to move freely when struck.

Hero!!! On top or bottom
Of post?

#8749 3 years ago

Hero!!! On top or bottom
Of post?

On top of post, but below the metal piece you screw into. The ball behind the Newton ball needs clearance to move. Reassemble there, it’ll make sense.

#8750 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

On top of post, but below the metal piece you screw into. The ball behind the Newton ball needs clearance to move. Reassemble there, it’ll make sense.

life saver!!! That was it! Thank you so much! Love this goddamn place.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 49.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/175?hl=tpoeckh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.