IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,414 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 249.
#8551 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

huh? Is this a joke? The Zombie Yeti art is awesome on this machine.

Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Yes... yes it is. Read the full post for clarity.

egon.gifegon.gif

#8552 3 years ago

If you guys are not crossing the streams your doing it wrong. These are the cherry on top and a must have mod to finish it off, looks way better in person BTY. Streams are blue and pink! Best $300 I've spent

20200806_191455 (resized).jpg20200806_191455 (resized).jpg20200806_191500 (resized).jpg20200806_191500 (resized).jpg20200807_154607 (resized).jpg20200807_154607 (resized).jpg

#8553 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

If you guys are not crossing the streams your doing it wrong. These are the cherry on top and a must have mod to finish the look! Best $300 I've spent
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was in touch about 5 months ago, said I would take one, and then never heard from him. Just as well, I'm considering trading my game now.

#8554 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I was in touch about 5 months ago, said I would take one, and then never heard from him. Just as well, I'm considering trading my game now.

You just have to say on top of it a bit because he builds them almost to order. #worthit

#8555 3 years ago

I have them as well. Pricey but very well engineered, manufactured, and supported by the designer. I was in the same bucket of not hearing back for a while initially but it was in the middle of the initial Covid stuff so I just bumped him on it once and he promptly replied.

Upon install, I had a resistor issue with one of the modules that he diagnosed and helped me work through. It's working 100% now and looks great.

Buy with confidence.

#8556 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Can you even guess who's who in that picture? The only reason I know for sure is because on other pages they are in their jumpsuits with their name tags on them.

I sent those pics to my friends, who are also big Ghostbuster fans, we had no clue who is supposed to be who. That has to be repurposed clip art. They must have blew all their budget on the license.

#8557 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I have them as well. Pricey but very well engineered, manufactured, and supported by the designer. I was in the same bucket of not hearing back for a while initially but it was in the middle of the initial Covid stuff so I just bumped him on it once and he promptly replied.
Upon install, I had a resistor issue with one of the modules that he diagnosed and helped me work through. It's working 100% now and looks great.
Buy with confidence.

Me too, my issue was on the left side, dropped it to the 10 ohm resistor and it worked like a champ. Easy fix.

Awesome mod!

#8558 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Me too, my issue was on the left side, dropped it to the 10 ohm resistor and it worked like a champ. Easy fix.
Awesome mod!

Who makes mod?

#8560 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Yes... yes it is. Read the full post for clarity.

Haha i deleted that post after i saw the bottom part. At first I was shocked haha

#8561 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

If you guys are not crossing the streams your doing it wrong. These are the cherry on top and a must have mod to finish it off, looks way better in person BTY. Streams are blue and pink! Best $300 I've spent
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look nice. Do you hav Blacklight bulbs or something making em pop?

Who is selling them? Are they interactive? plug n play?

#8562 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Those look nice. Do you hav Blacklight bulbs or something making em pop?
Who is selling them? Are they interactive? plug n play?

they have a control wire that you solder into the red out lane flasher. EX. when the ball comes out of the scoop, the right side flashes on and off. I have Pinstadiums tied into the game with the UV glow. It is over the top and a must add to get the lighting right on the playfield.

I posted the contact above for ordering interest.

#8563 3 years ago

kidchrisso Is there any video of the mod?

#8564 3 years ago

Anybody willing to sell the GB Stern topper in great condition for $1000?

It's my first pinball and that gap on top of the backbox is killing me haha.

PM if interested! Thanks, G

#8565 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

Anybody willing to sell the GB Stern topper in great condition for $1000?
It's my first pinball and that gap on top of the backbox is killing me haha.
PM if interested! Thanks, G

You mean this one?

IMG_1017 (resized).jpegIMG_1017 (resized).jpeg
#8566 3 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

You mean this one? [quoted image]

Haha beautiful! Getting a little tight at the top there, sure you don't want to make more room?

#8567 3 years ago

Haha beautiful! Getting a little tight at the top there, sure you don't want to make more room?

Sorry to tease you. Just having a bit of fun.

The Devil on the Left shoulder says "Idiot! Sell it quick!"
The Angel on the right shoulder says "Goodness, you'll never find another one and this keeps the value of your game higher!"

Soooo...confused!

#8568 3 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

Sorry to tease you. Just having a bit of fun.
The Devil on the Left shoulder says "Idiot! Sell it quick!"
The Angel on the right shoulder says "Goodness, you'll never find another one and this keeps the value of your game higher!"
Soooo...confused!

Yeah, I have one on my LE that is up for trade. On one hand I'd like to pocket 1k and lower the price, but who is going to want an LE with no topper? Ugh..

#8569 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yeah, I have one on my LE that is up for trade. On one hand I'd like to pocket 1k and lower the price, but who is going to want an LE with no topper? Ugh..

Lots of people still... It would actually broaden your market and pull a premium buyer up to the le level if the price isn't too far off.

#8570 3 years ago

And on that note ... Anyone have the stern gb shooter ??

#8571 3 years ago

I believe you will always get more dollars if you sell the topper separately. People want to negotiate price on a pinball and will not add full value of the topper on that offer. I advised a friend on a Dr who with topper. He got around $900 more than what he was happy with by selling separately. Game buyer can always buy the topper as well. Note this mainly applies to toppers and games that are highly desirable.

#8572 3 years ago

I was having the same problem with the librarian scoop that a few people mentioned here. Switch only registering intermittently. I tried bending the switch a few times but couldn't solve the problem. On closer inspection, I noticed one of these little black screws holding the switch in place is gone. Any idea what the model # of these screws are and where I could order one? Thanks for any help! G

IMG_7824.JPGIMG_7824.JPG
#8573 3 years ago

I was having the same problem with the librarian scoop that a few people mentioned here. Switch only registering intermittently. I tried bending the switch a few times but couldn't solve the problem. On closer inspection, I noticed one of these little black screws holding the switch in place is gone. Any idea what the model # of these screws are and where I could order one? Thanks for any help! G
[quoted image]

Look in bottom of your cabinet

#8574 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

And on that note ... Anyone have the stern gb shooter ??

IMG_4023 (resized).jpegIMG_4023 (resized).jpeg
#8575 3 years ago

Man, I wish I had it in me to sell my topper. I like money, but it adds SO much to the game, I would feel a hole in my heart not having it. I might trade it for a NIB Turtles Premium though. Just throwing that one out there.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8576 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

[quoted image]

Should have mentioned for sale... LoL

If you'll sell, shoot me a pm.

#8577 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Look in bottom of your cabinet

Haha first thing I tried, but not seeing it there!

#8578 3 years ago

Haha first thing I tried, but not seeing it there!

Actually, I found it! I must have seen it on the bottom of the cabinet months ago and saved it in a little baggie. Screwed it in and that seems to have fixed the librarian switch problem

#8579 3 years ago

I have a question for anyone who has used Pinball Browser to customize the soundtrack. Does replacing the main track causes errors when installing the update? Script 0x631 (length 5min53s000ms)

I had my edits nearly perfect, installed several updates without issue. Even took video of my high scores on the games to input them in Pinball Browser, no problem. But, then decided to replace the main track, Script 0x631 (length 5min53s000ms). It is the main Ghostbusters song

After that I kept getting an "unpack failed" error after the 20 minute wait for the update process to complete. Repeated several times, same error, same USB stick I had been using and formatting between copies. I reinstalled the custom soundtrack I had been working off of (Mudflaps pro version) and it was successful.

Went into Pin Browser, loaded the Mudflaps version, replaced only the main track and then the update failed to unpack as before.

Currently have another edited version installing now, just didn't touch the main theme, so will see what happens. At least I have my tracks all edited and saved, so it's just a matter of pointing to them in Pin Browser when I need to start from scratch.

Best update was getting rid of the shooter lane piano loop music.

#8580 3 years ago

Got it sorted out. I think the issue was I was not importing my final edit of the track. This rough edit was over 7 min long because I still had not trimmed the length to 5:53 to match the original.

Interesting figuring when some of the original theme song tracks are played. That longest track for the main theme song, seems to play in the background on ball 3 and also was triggered in another spot during gameplay. Actually works out perfect that this track plays for ball 3 because it is a much faster tempo theme song remix.

I'm making a few adjustments based on gameplay notes I took. If anyone wants to try a new soundtrack, let me know. The shooter lane tinkling piano loop is replaced; removed the slow, quiet Librarian track and a few other really quiet out of place tracks; removed the 80s R&B synth songs (don't care about the movie soundtrack, care about the pinball soundtrack). Bobby Brown only plays when entering high score initials, I don't want to hear him during gameplay, but I'll tolerate him in that limited role.

#8581 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Got it sorted out. I think the issue was I was not importing my final edit of the track. This rough edit was over 7 min long because I still had not trimmed the length to 5:53 to match the original.
Interesting figuring when some of the original theme song tracks are played. That longest track for the main theme song, seems to play in the background on ball 3 and also was triggered in another spot during gameplay. Actually works out perfect that this track plays for ball 3 because it is a much faster tempo theme song remix.
I'm making a few adjustments based on gameplay notes I took. If anyone wants to try a new soundtrack, let me know. The shooter lane tinkling piano loop is replaced; removed the slow, quiet Librarian track and a few other really quiet out of place tracks; removed the 80s R&B synth songs (don't care about the movie soundtrack, care about the pinball soundtrack). Bobby Brown only plays when entering high score initials, I don't want to hear him during gameplay, but I'll tolerate him in that limited role.

If you can take a vid of different modes and post on YouTube I'd be curious to see/hear what you've done.

If people enjoy, they can then decide to update their machines.

#8582 3 years ago

Yes a video will do, is that for a Pro of Premium/LE?

#8583 3 years ago

id be interested in it

#8584 3 years ago

If you're a member of the Facebook group, Pinball Enthusiasts, I've been live streaming in there. Just finished a few games so I could take notes on what to tweak. I need to adjust the volume of two tracks, swap two locations and adjust song that plays for We've Got One.

I've been working off the Mudflaps Pro version. I installed that right when I got the game from a friend in a temp trade. I had to update the code to 1.17 and then just installed the Mudflaps soundtrack and only played a few games on stock sounds. So I'm not actually sure what were his edits and what are stock sounds. But these are the changes I've made:

Script 0x62D (24s11ms) - Loop that plays when a ball is in the shooter lane. This was a soft piano loop that had a cutoff during the loop. This would drive me crazy if I walked away from the game or was waiting for someone to shoot the ball. Now it's a very upbeat, funky groove that was taken from Script 0x620 and edited to fit. Perfect!

Script 0x637 (18s180ms) - this was some odd Bobby Brown clip I think and it didn't work. Replaced with another script of a short loop to fit.

Script 0x606 (29s545ms) - replaced a quiet and out of place piano clip, or maybe it was quiet and cartoony? Swapped in another script that works great. Still may re-visit this, but it's an improvement for me.

Script 0x618 (1:18s414ms) - We Got One mode. Replaced the Cleanin' Up the Town song. It worked just fine there, but I wanted something else that also kept the same vibe. So I have a section of Nutbush City Limits by Ike & Tine Turner. Just need to adjust the start of the track by 10-15 seconds.

Script 0x61B (1:35s976ms) Plays for He Slimed Me mode. Whatever song that was, I did not like it. I think it was from the soundtrack. Replaced with a James Brown instrumental track, The Scratch. Fits the vibe and no vocals interfering with game sounds.

Script 0x625 (2:54s848ms) - Spook Central mode. Absolutely did not like this track from the soundtrack. Way too 80s synth and did not fit the vibe I'm going for. Replaced with an awesome Ghostbusters remix by Kill Paris

Script 0x5FF (3:48s178ms) Can't remember what was here, probably a soundtrack song. This track plays when choosing Guess the Card and Cross the Streams games. It will continue to play if choosing Guess the Card. If you choose cross the streams, then Script 0x61D plays. Replaced with Their Law by Prodigy. Need to swap spots with this script and the one below - got them mixed up.

Script 0x61D (1:25s367ms) - Can't remember what was there, but didn't like it. This plays during Cross the Streams video mode. Replace with El Phantasmo & The Chicken Run Blast-O-Rama (Wine women and song mix) by White Zombie

Script 0x614 (2:19s994ms) - Plays during We Came, We Saw (I think that's the mode name), replaces Savin' The Day. I really hate that song, lol, totally the opposite of the music I like. Replaced with Crossfire by Stevie Ray Vaughn. Need to increase the volume.

Script 0x631 (5:53s000ms) - This original Ghostbusters theme song plays in the background during ball 3 and then in the background of all extra balls. Replaced with a faster remix of the original and I like it adding a faster pace when you reach ball 3 and beyond. Same old slow theme song gets boring.

#8585 3 years ago

Sounds great. If it will work in a Premium, I would very much like to try it!

#8586 3 years ago

Probably not news to many, but I got this note from my distributor about GB Toppers. "We get A LOT of requests for this which I have mentioned to Stern a few times, and at the beginning of the year they said they were trying to get the license for Ghostbusters again and would do another run if possible. Since nothing has come up since then I figured they weren't able to get the license, but the shutdown has slowed everything down so maybe it is still in the works."

#8587 3 years ago

I’ve got a long post, and I hope there’s somebody out there who can help me. I just bought a Ghostbusters machine that has a lot of mods. It was working fine but I think something got jostled during transport. When I turn it on I get a tech alert saying overcurrent protection and then you go into the menu and it says it’s occurring through note board eight and then talks about the right sling.I have attached photos showing the tech alert and included a list of mods that the game came with. It does have every stern manufacture upgrade that has come out. I’m not super tech savvy I just am looking for some guidance.

‪Mods include:‬
‪Color DMD‬
‪Full cliffy protector set‬
‪NO GHOST ACRYLICS Speaker Grill Insert‬
‪Custom Book stacking mod‬
‪Stern Lasercut plasma gun side rails‬
‪Custom Ghostbuster logo Backbox Hinge set‬
‪Speaker Light Kit 10‬
‪GHOSTBUSTERS 3D GHOST TRAP‬
‪ECTO GOGGLES SHIELD‬
‪River of slime plastic pop bumper mod‬
‪ECTO 1 Lighted Car MOD‬
‪Stern TOPPER‬
‪Arcade Keepup Dimming Backbox Kit‬
‪TILT Graphics Sideblades‬
‪Ghostbusters Scolari Brothers Drop Target Spring Fix Kit‬
‪Shaker Motor Kit‬
‪Custom Coin door magnets‬
‪GB Keychain‬
‪PerfectPlay Silicone Rubbers‬
‪Flipper Fidelity Complete Stern Speaker System With 10" Woofer‬
‪PinGuard Cabinet, Felt and nylon Leg and bolt Protectors‬
‪Leg Leveler Rubber Castors - Set Of 4‬
‪PinGuard SPIKE Shooter Lane Protector‬
‪8-Way Power Splitter Board‬
‪Metal Hex Spacer (Ramp Fix)‬
‪BriteButtons Illuminated Flipper Button (Purple)‬
‪Gozer Action Figure‬
‪Pinmonk Full color LED Gels + I added my own for the center lights‬
‪Die Cut Ball-Drop Protective Playfield Mylar‬
‪Ghost Trap Flipper Bat covers‬
‪Ghostbusters Pinball Backboard Illumination‬
‪Ghostbusters Pinball Slimer Pinballs - Green with Pink‬
‪Ghostbusters Pinball Scoop LED‬
‪Swapped out to lower pressure plunger and auto launcher spring‬
‪Extended Sling Protector with Center Post‬
‪cp3r's Airball Protector‬
‪Ghostbusters Mirror Replacement Mod‬
‪Replaced with Williams/Bally heavy-duty inner Leg Bracket‬
‪Stern Yellow flippers‬
‪TerrorDog figures‬
‪Ball Baron Ninja balls‬
‪Added Stern service bulletin for the node boards‬
‪Fixed the left flasher issue that can short out‬
‪Custom Instruction cards‬
‪Stern Tournament Button and Switch Assembly‬
‪Ghostbusters Upgrade Kit - center post‬
‪Replaced with Stern Lockdown Bar and Receiver Assembly‬
‪Pinstadium lights kit‬
‪Ghostbuster logo Plunger Plate‬
‪Swinks Target Wedge - 4 Degree mod‬
‪Stern Firehouse and sign‬
‪Handpainted custom slimer covers‬
‪Custom Subway car mod‬
‪Yoyokopter pink outlane guards‬
‪Yoyokopter ghost trap mod‬

Any help and insight would be greatly appreciated

0A4EF3AC-E465-4ADA-B191-4A3E340F599E (resized).png0A4EF3AC-E465-4ADA-B191-4A3E340F599E (resized).png2BA4E101-AF3D-4AFE-BAEF-96B9FD819294 (resized).png2BA4E101-AF3D-4AFE-BAEF-96B9FD819294 (resized).pngB1D1C6FD-2470-4116-9B1F-D9CBFD39EDF3 (resized).pngB1D1C6FD-2470-4116-9B1F-D9CBFD39EDF3 (resized).pngBB5B35D4-7C15-44BD-AE3F-6B77D8B26607 (resized).pngBB5B35D4-7C15-44BD-AE3F-6B77D8B26607 (resized).png
#8588 3 years ago

One quick addition to the long post. I have talked with Stern, I have replaced all the lights associated with the slingshots and I have borrowed a different note board eight and replaced it to make sure that the node board eight is not bad. Thank you again, hope everyone is good.

#8589 3 years ago

I just noticed there is not safety cutoff switch when I open my coin door. Is it supposed to be there on a premium LE?

C8087D3E-476F-49B0-8F82-332DEF019D4B (resized).jpegC8087D3E-476F-49B0-8F82-332DEF019D4B (resized).jpeg
#8590 3 years ago

Nope. Took them away for GOT GB and probably B66. I think they came back during some run of Deadpool I believe.

#8591 3 years ago

I know what I'm getting into before I post this... I'll looking to buy a stern ecto topper.. If you have one you are wanting to sell, PM me your price.. I'm ready to believe you.

#8592 3 years ago

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “One for $20 (both for $30). Made from nearly unbreakable PET-G plastic. 1. Airball protector, Left ramp - see below. 2. Right Orbit protector - see below. (see instructions bel...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 2451 times

..few left

#8593 3 years ago

Stern inner art/side blades for sale on eBay.
Not mine, but I’m sure someone here has been looking for these. They are impossible to find now and they complement the game so well.

ebay.com link: 0

#8594 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Stern inner art/side blades for sale on eBay.
Not mine, but I’m sure someone here has been looking for these. They are impossible to find now and they complement the game so well.
ebay.com link

Impossible? Pretty sure Pinball Life still has them...

https://www.pinballlife.com/ghostbusters-art-blades-17104.html

#8595 3 years ago

I stand corrected. Most of the Stern stuff is hard to find in my experience. Took me a long time to find GOTG blades and the game is still in production.

#8596 3 years ago

Hey,

I need help trying to identify this part. It's the metal plate that covers the newton ball. I've included a couple pictures. I cannot find this part or part number listed anywhere in the manual. It appears to be a standard part across the Pro, Premium, and LE models. Does anyone know the part number and where I can find one?

Thanks

Newton Ball Cover (resized).PNGNewton Ball Cover (resized).PNGNewton Ball Cover 2 (resized).PNGNewton Ball Cover 2 (resized).PNG
#8597 3 years ago

Dumb newbie question. Anyone know what tool I would use to tighten these black switch screws with? One keeps falling out and I've tried to tighten it by hand, and it's not seeming to get tight enough. I tried with my pliers but I couldn't get any leverage. Thanks! G

IMG_7824 (resized).JPGIMG_7824 (resized).JPG
#8598 3 years ago

Dumb newbie question. Anyone know what tool I would use to tighten these black switch screws with? One keeps falling out and I've tried to tighten it by hand, and it's not seeming to get tight enough. I tried with my pliers but I couldn't get any leverage. Thanks! G
[quoted image]

If it keeps falling out, is it stripped? I would use a socket or a ratcheting screwdriver with a bolt attachment, but be careful not to overtighten, you could easily crush the plastic.

#8599 3 years ago

A ratchet and socket, nut driver, or wrench.

#8600 3 years ago

Loctite is required to simply stop it from loosening, but I'm assuming it isn't stripped

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 26.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
Plastics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Grass Valley, CA
10,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,414 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/172?hl=luckdragon100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.