IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 250.
#8501 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

It’s worth experimenting with the flipper position. I moved mine higher to match the inlane position and think it plays better. I remember way-back-when some folks said Stern admitted they messed up with the flipper guide hole placement on GB, but I’m not sure if that’s true.

Ive never head this and if anything, have heard people confirm these are the correct holes for placement.

#8502 3 years ago

Check out post #3147 in the Ghostbuster Issue Thread and the discussion thereafter. There was some debate a few years ago about the proper flipper alignment.

#8503 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Check out post #3147 in the Ghostbuster Issue Thread and the discussion thereafter. There was some debate a few years ago about the proper flipper alignment.

I read it but thats far from any confirmation.. Just one guy saying he talked to Stern and they are changing them. Now, if people with later builds can confirm the flippers are matching the inlanes, that would be the confirmation.

If anything, Id trust this more..

"Trudeau said in an interview I believe it was with Spida1 aka Bucci, that that's the way he designed the flippers. I heard the shots are harder to make with adjusting to a normal alignment?"

#8504 3 years ago

Right. I said it was only a claim that was made, I didn’t know if it was true, and there was a debate about it a few years ago. I’d also be interested in the answer. My point was mainly that it is worth some experimentation with the flipper alignment since it is pretty easy to do and could result in preferred game play. If you’re happy with it as is, forget it and just enjoy it.

#8505 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Right. I said it was only a claim that was made, I didn’t know if it was true, and there was a debate about it a few years ago. I’d also be interested in the answer. My point was mainly that it is worth some experimentation with the flipper alignment since it is pretty easy to do and could result in preferred game play. If you’re happy with it as is, forget it and just enjoy it.

I hear ya. I just feel like i hear more people saying shots are harder after adjusting from stock. I dont see the point in doing that simply due to it looking different from other pins, if it makes shots harder.

#8506 3 years ago

Lifting the tips of the flippers just a tad closes the mahoosive gap just a tad which isn't a bad thing. I did this when I became 2nd owner and knocked the GC off the board in 1 day. I wasn't used to a previous alignment so didn't have to relearn any shots. The seller was a good player and I'm sh1te and still haven't got too far into the game so I haven't made it easy at all, just a fraction less hard...

#8507 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Lifting the tips of the flippers just a tad closes the mahoosive gap just a tad which isn't a bad thing. I did this when I became 2nd owner and knocked the GC off the board in 1 day. I wasn't used to a previous alignment so didn't have to relearn any shots. The seller was a good player and I'm sh1te and still haven't got too far into the game so I haven't made it easy at all, just a fraction less hard...

So you made it easier to score higher lol.

The large gap is the intended design.. But I know a lot of people change it thinking maybe its a flaw?

#8508 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

So you made it easier to score higher lol.
The large gap is the intended design.. But I know a lot of people change it thinking maybe its a flaw?

From what I recall Trudeau added his classic "gap" then when the pfs went to final design it was added again in error.

#8509 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

From what I recall Trudeau added his classic "gap" then when the pfs went to final design it was added again in error.

The interview that I watched said he did the gap on purpose.. to avoid so many outlane drains...

Yes, that sounds dumb to me. Trading one annoyance for another.

#8510 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

The interview that I watched said he did the gap on purpose.. to avoid so many outlane drains...
Yes, that sounds dumb to me. Trading one annoyance for another.

Then dipping the flipper tips to compensate again? What a clusterfuck! Who knows, I love the game myself, going to stay with me a while, would love a topper but hard to find and way over priced really for what it is.....

#8511 3 years ago

Before the Trudeau problems I had a pm chat via Facebook with him which started with a Creature mod I did and then I asked a few things about the Ghostbusters.

He said he is non traditional designer and most designers have 7" centre spacing at the flipper posts, where he always went for 71/8" spacing at the flipper posts - so most his games has a wider gap. On a few threads and Kaneda's show it was stated the spacing was a mistake - this is not true. It is true that the outlane lane divider games were drill and pushed down too far but not the flipper spacing.

What made the flipper spacing appear larger is the flipper dipping set at factory on the first 6-9 months of games but the spacing of the flippers at the posts are always 7 1/8" not 7" like the other designers. The flipper dipping on the very original ones were very low to allow for better shooting but after about 9months the flippers were lifted at the factory to just below the inlane alignment - not true lane alignment and still considered a little dipping.

hope that helps

#8512 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Trudeau confirmed with me that it was his intentional classic Trudeau gap of 7 1/8" at the flipper posts, that said maybe where the error is - is the 2 alignment holes for the tip of the flippers which was fixed 6-9 months in the production these did lift up.

#8513 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Before the Trudeau problems I had a pm chat via Facebook with him which started with a Creature mod I did and then I asked a few things about the Ghostbusters.
He said he is non traditional designer and most designers have 7" centre spacing at the flipper posts, where he always went for 71/8" spacing at the flipper posts - so most his games has a wider gap. On a few threads and Kaneda's show it was stated the spacing was a mistake - this is not true. It is true that the outlane lane divider games were drill and pushed down too far but not the flipper spacing.
What made the flipper spacing appear larger is the flipper dipping set at factory on the first 6-9 months of games but the spacing of the flippers at the posts are always 7 1/8" not 7" like the other designers. The flipper dipping on the very original ones were very low to allow for better shooting but after about 9months the flippers were lifted at the factory to just below the inlane alignment - not true lane alignment and still considered a little dipping.
hope that helps

Wait....Kaneda said something that wasn't true?!?!

#8514 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

hope that helps

Interesting.

Anyone have a newer build that you can share pictures? Would like to see how they changed the flipper position.

#8515 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Interesting.
Anyone have a newer build that you can share pictures? Would like to see how they changed the flipper position.

The build date on mine is 7/8/16. Not sure how long they ran for. Pic one page back.

#8516 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

The build date on mine is 7/8/16. Not sure how long they ran for. Pic one page back.

Yea im not sure. That looks how mine are.

I guess i wont worry about it since im not having any issues. Im more curious than anything.

#8517 3 years ago

New member here! GB Premium with a December 2016 build date.

Color DMD, Stern side blades, custom rails, glow in the dark captive balls, air ball deflector...and I added PDI glass. Great fun so far, love the theme and the call-outs.

image1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpegBoth (resized).jpegBoth (resized).jpeg
#8518 3 years ago

Congrats, enjoy! Great choice of mods too.

Really loving the powdercoat job you had done in Indy. I saw you post it in another thread, but the more I see it the more I’m enjoying the dark accents.

#8519 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Congrats, enjoy! Great choice of mods too.
Really loving the powdercoat job you had done in Indy. I saw you post it in another thread, but the more I see it the more I’m enjoying the dark accents.

Robertstone0407 does really great work. Ghostbusters doesn't seem to need it, but I have another machine that I plan to have Robert work his magic on.

#8520 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Interesting.

mine is like orlandu81 and a November 2016 build, info taken from another thread, GB came out March 2016

September / 2016 / Spiderman "The Pin" / $3800 (Home Version Pin)

First game with LCD Display, not a DMD
August / 2016 / Batman 66 / Pro - not available this time around
August / 2016 / Batman 66 / Premium / $8599
August / 2016 / Batman 66 / LE (240 only) / $9999
August / 2016 / Batman 66 / Super LE (30 + 50 only due to demand) / $14999

July / 2016 / PBR "Can Crusher" / Boutique (Re-themed Whoa Nellie design game) / $6995

March / 2016 / Ghostbusters / Pro / $5995
March / 2016 / Ghostbusters / Premium / $7595
March / 2016 / Ghostbusters / LE / $8795

January / 2016 / Spiderman VE (Comic Version) / $7595

#8521 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

New member here! GB Premium with a December 2016 build date.
Color DMD, Stern side blades, custom rails, glow in the dark captive balls, air ball deflector...and I added PDI glass. Great fun so far, love the theme and the call-outs. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting sticker about box damage. Don't sign if there's box damage until you inspect the game. Do US delivery guys wait until you open and remove games if need be? Or would they just leave the delivery without signature? I can't see it happening in oz, they'd either take it away or insist on a signature and let you deal with it. I am assuming that these games aren being delivered by 3rd party contractors though.

#8522 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Interesting sticker about box damage. Don't sign if there's box damage until you inspect the game. Do US delivery guys wait until you open and remove games if need be? Or would they just leave the delivery without signature? I can't see it happening in oz, they'd either take it away or insist on a signature and let you deal with it. I am assuming that these games aren being delivered by 3rd party contractors though.

Well I didn't buy it new so I don't know for sure...but I do know two people who got the Turtles LE delivered. One was by a third party appliance distributor in Illinois who used a third party shipper...so it was just dropped off boxed in his driveway. The other bought from a local dealer and included in his delivery was full set-up and testing.

Again I've never bought a NIB pin so I don't know for sure, I'm sure someone in this thread can answer the question properly.

#8523 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

It’s worth experimenting with the flipper position.

I like factory droopy. Tried raising them a bit and ended up putting them back. Reasons being you can bounce pass out of the loops and also it's good having a machine with different flipper setup and bigger gap than my other machines.

#8524 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

For me, when I bought GB NIB, they called to make sure I would be home for the delivery and they wheeled it into my garage. No dropoff if you’re not home. Also no mention of setting it up. The guy was just a delivery guy, probably wouldn't even know where the on switch was. I didn’t order locally, it came from out of state so maybe the experience is different if your distributor is local and can bring it to you.

#8525 3 years ago

Loving the ColorDMD LED. Preserves the original feel of the game while adding the pop of color. I still can't rotate images on here though!

20200801_192032 (resized).jpg20200801_192032 (resized).jpg20200801_191939 (resized).jpg20200801_191939 (resized).jpg20200801_192008 (resized).jpg20200801_192008 (resized).jpg
#8526 3 years ago

I watched the GB2 movie yesterday for a bit. Such great call outs in that movie. Is anybody adding movie lines to the code?

#8527 3 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

Loving the ColorDMD LED. Preserves the original feel of the game while adding the pop of color. I still can't rotate images on here though!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

To rotate images, you can use the tool once they show up as thumbnails (after you attach them to a post)

If you're on a mobile phone, if you touch the pic thumbnail at the bottom edge, it will show the tools. If you touch the pic anywhere but the bottom it will just open it.

Try touching the bottom edge...

#8528 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

To rotate images, you can use the tool once they show up as thumbnails (after you attach them to a post)
If you're on a mobile phone, if you touch the pic thumbnail at the bottom edge, it will show the tools. If you touch the pic anywhere but the bottom it will just open it.

I have recently had trouble getting the rotation feature to work from my Iphone but no problem on my Mac desktop.

#8529 3 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I have recently had trouble getting the rotation feature to work from my Iphone but no problem on my Mac desktop.

#8530 3 years ago

Apparently I accidentally quoted myself. Carry on.

#8531 3 years ago

After upgrading to a Gb premium, I found a nice place for my self-made lit Ecto-1 mod on the playfield (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-lighted-ecto-1-mod-for-gb). It ties in with the GI so the headlights turn on and off in sync with the gameplay.

20200802_153411683_iOS (resized).jpg20200802_153411683_iOS (resized).jpg20200802_153426834_iOS (resized).jpg20200802_153426834_iOS (resized).jpg
#8532 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Interesting.

15963842758762262302275976520393 (resized).jpg15963842758762262302275976520393 (resized).jpg15963843269834874353968154062474 (resized).jpg15963843269834874353968154062474 (resized).jpg15963844745225932092111693329526 (resized).jpg15963844745225932092111693329526 (resized).jpg15963845066974084918617932485006 (resized).jpg15963845066974084918617932485006 (resized).jpg
#8533 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Thank you! For some reason it won't rotate on my mobile, but I finally figured out the angle. Thanks again!

#8534 3 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks. This is how mine look. I believe I bought mine in 2016.. So maybe mine was the corrected version and that they were saggier prior? not sure.

#8535 3 years ago

I found that my machine is not holding the time. I couldnt find where a battery is to be replaced but scores are all saving.

Any thoughts?

#8536 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I found that my machine is not holding the time. I couldnt find where a battery is to be replaced but scores are all saving.
Any thoughts?

You do have a button battery and all it dies is save the time. Audits and scores are not effected. I had the same problem and replaced the battery

#8537 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

You do have a button battery and all it dies is save the time. Audits and scores are not effected. I had the same problem and replaced the battery

Thanks.

Ill take a look in the manual for the battery location.

#8538 3 years ago

Ok, I dont see the battery location listed in the manual.

Can anyone tell me where it is?

#8539 3 years ago

Here you go

91C297D0-8391-4BC4-9D07-331DE54E35B9 (resized).jpeg91C297D0-8391-4BC4-9D07-331DE54E35B9 (resized).jpegC83EF3BA-CB9E-49A6-8FD7-CAA37F91049B (resized).jpegC83EF3BA-CB9E-49A6-8FD7-CAA37F91049B (resized).jpegD159C641-82ED-4D63-9490-060233691753 (resized).jpegD159C641-82ED-4D63-9490-060233691753 (resized).jpeg
#8540 3 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Here you go
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! I have no clue how I missed that haha.

#8541 3 years ago

Hey Guys! Got a HUO Pro a while back, good game. Having an issue though where on auto plunge (I've tried setting power lower) and sometimes on hard regular plunge the ball bricks at the top right of the game and comes either back down the shooter lane or down the staypuft lane. Problem is i just dont know what its hitting up there? Anyone else have this issue?

#8542 3 years ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

Hey Guys! Got a HUO Pro a while back, good game. Having an issue though where on auto plunge (I've tried setting power lower) and sometimes on hard regular plunge the ball bricks at the top right of the game and comes either back down the shooter lane or down the staypuft lane. Problem is i just dont know what its hitting up there? Anyone else have this issue?

Lots of people. A solution that helps some is replacing the spring on the shooter. There is a link somewhere in here to the proper spring. I believe it is green.

#8543 3 years ago

Hello GB owners

It is my understanding that on a GB Premium when the ghost lights up on the pathway to with the hologram, a ghost will appear (cat, angry looking goblin, etc.). If I'm mistaken, then there is no issue and I will be relieved. While I've only had it a few days, I've noticed on two separate occasions inconsistencies on when the hologram lights up. The two times I noticed that it would not show a hologram when the ghost bulb on the playfield is activated, but it DID show the Stern logo during attract mode, and it did show Slimer during the game I played.

I thought I was going crazy...so the first time I noticed this I cycled the power and the hologram was then lighting up as expected and I thought nothing of it. However, now I don't think I'm crazy anymore since I noticed again tonight. Cycling the power seemed to "fix" it again.

I'm hoping someone will tell me that there is a rule I'm not understanding. I did upgrade to the Bobby Brown/H&H remix doing a "quick install" over the standard recent 1.17. Perhaps I should do a full install...but I would prefer not to if unnecessary as I don't want to lose the high scores.

#8544 3 years ago

Joined the club today with a really nice low play Pro. Loving it so far.

#8545 3 years ago

I installed the airball protector from cpr9999 and it solved the issue with the right orbit switch not registering.

#8546 3 years ago

So I have a Ghostbusters Pro and I love the game, but as we all know the zombieyeti art is pretty terrible. I just can't stand looking at my game any longer, so I am taking matters into my own hands and setting out to have a total redraw of the game art done. As I consider myself a Ghostbusters super fan, I simply cannot accept anything less than the best when it comes to anything Ghostbusters. I have done an extensive search of some of the best artists in the world and I think I have finally found the artist who can do this game justice. I'm not ready to publicly release the artists name yet, because negotiations are still in progress and I don't want someone else trying to steal all my hardwork, but here is a sample of what you can expect. As you can see, I was really looking for someone who could produce almost photo realism re-creations of the characters and I think this hits the nail right on the head. It's almost as if the artist reached back 30 years into the past and brought those characters back to life! Just shoot me a PM if you want to get in on this and finally get your game up to visual standards. It will be pricey as this kind of talent doesn't come cheap, but it will be worth it to complete that world under glass experience.
gb1 (resized).jpggb1 (resized).jpggb2 (resized).jpggb2 (resized).jpg
Eventhough I hope it really isn't needed...just in case...

#8547 3 years ago

Haha, that is absolutely brutal!

#8548 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Haha, that is absolutely brutal!

Can you even guess who's who in that picture? The only reason I know for sure is because on other pages they are in their jumpsuits with their name tags on them.

#8549 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

So I have a Ghostbusters Pro and I love the game, but as we all know the zombieyeti art is pretty terrible. I just can't stand looking at my game any longer, so I am taking matters into my own hands and setting out to have a total redraw of the game art done. As I consider myself a Ghostbusters super fan, I simply cannot accept anything less than the best when it comes to anything Ghostbusters. I have done an extensive search of some of the best artists in the world and I think I have finally found the artist who can do this game justice. I'm not ready to publicly release the artists name yet, because negotiations are still in progress and I don't want someone else trying to steal all my hardwork, but here is a sample of what you can expect. As you can see, I was really looking for someone who could produce almost photo realism re-creations of the characters and I think this hits the nail right on the head. It's almost as if the artist reached back 30 years into the past and brought those characters back to life! Just shoot me a PM if you want to get in on this and finally get your game up to visual standards. It will be pricey as this kind of talent doesn't come cheap, but it will be worth it to complete that world under glass experience.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Eventhough I hope it really isn't needed...just in case...

huh? Is this a joke? The Zombie Yeti art is awesome on this machine.

#8550 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

huh? Is this a joke? The Zombie Yeti art is awesome on this machine.

Yes... yes it is. Read the full post for clarity.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/171?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.