IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 250.
#8401 3 years ago

Install fork switch problem solved!

#8403 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Right. So bending the switch upward would give it better contact.

Yes, you are absolutely correct. I was just trying to provide additional information about why the game would know to kick the ball out but still not register properly.

#8404 3 years ago

Finally! Joined the club w/a pro. Time to read +8K posts!

One quick question tho if you guys don't mind. Where to I get the center post mod? Didn't see it in the marketplace.

#8405 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Finally! Joined the club w/a pro. Time to read +8K posts!
One quick question tho if you guys don't mind. Where to I get the center post mod? Didn't see it in the marketplace.

Welcome! This game is a blast, as you know.

Center post and extras here: https://www.pinballlife.com/ghostbusters-upgrade-kit.html

#8406 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Welcome! This game is a blast, as you know.
Center post and extras here: https://www.pinballlife.com/ghostbusters-upgrade-kit.html

Thanks Onemile! Glad to be a member of the club. Been lurking for some time. A couple of years actually.

Sorry for another question. The game already has some of the extra plastics. Is there a vendor that I can get just the center post mod? I have a pending order w/PBL, so if that's the route I need to do, no biggie.

Just loaded the new code...what a blast learning the rules on a new pin.

First up...hook up a sub!

#8407 3 years ago

Extra lighting was my first mod. I lit the left scoop green, right saucer red and the backboard purple.

#8408 3 years ago

Has anyone replaced the wire that Slimer hangs from? Mine (pro) is fraying and I think it’s the original design. Not sure if the update is still available to original owners.

I’m wondering if the fraying wire is affecting hits not registering.

#8409 3 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Hi guys,
I have encountered my first major glitch with my Ghostbusters Premium. The left library scoop does not register the shot all the time, but instead simply kicks the ball out and the flasher goes off. If Tobin is lit or Extra Ball is lit, I assume you should be collecting those rewards each and every time the shot is made into this scoop. Or is this normal. Love to hear your thoughts on this.
Thanks,
Ripshill

As others have said, this is just the switch. Bend the arm up a little more so it makes a more definitive close when the ball's in the scoop and your problem's solved.

#8410 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

As others have said, this is just the switch. Bend the arm up a little more so it makes a more definitive close when the ball's in the scoop and your problem's solved.

On mine, one of the two small screws that holds the switch in position came loose. I would suggest checking that both screws are tight for that switch housing

#8411 3 years ago

Anyone know the part number for the plastic lip that keeps the scoleri brothers target up mine appears broken and I can not find it in the manual. Also we’re the pinballlife springs shorter or longer? I have 2 sets in my coin box can’t tell which is which

#8412 3 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

Anyone know the part number for the plastic lip that keeps the scoleri brothers target up mine appears broken and I can not find it in the manual. Also we’re the pinballlife springs shorter or longer? I have 2 sets in my coin box can’t tell which is which

Little googling goes a long way:

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-1-bank-target-rest-ledge.html

#8413 3 years ago

Trying out a set of carrot flippers to see what they feel like. Installing them later this evening. I have GB on a temp trade with a friend and he bought the flippers, so I just picked them up from him. Would like to see first hand how the game feels with them and if I can beat my 2 billion high score using them.

#8414 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Trying out a set of carrot flippers to see what they feel like.

I'm a big fan of the center post mod. Keeps the shot geometry the same but drastically cuts down on the cheap center lane drains coming out of the pops. However, I should really order a set of carrot flippers just to try em. I do have a spare set of lightning flippers I could try!

#8415 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Trying out a set of carrot flippers to see what they feel like. Installing them later this evening. I have GB on a temp trade with a friend and he bought the flippers, so I just picked them up from him. Would like to see first hand how the game feels with them and if I can beat my 2 billion high score using them.

The carrot flippers were already installed by previous owner of my GB premium. I've had it for 3 months and don't plan on swapping them out. I like 'em.

#8416 3 years ago

After carrots, my shots feel real smooth and powerful but I have had a tougher time with accuracy especially with the ramp.

#8417 3 years ago

I only played a few games on it last night, but I can tell already I prefer the carrot flippers. I was able to save balls that would've been SDTM with the original flippers - could at least get a flipper tip on the ball to save those drains. The flippers also helped with scoop kick outs and getting the ball under control.

I'll play some games on it today to start getting a feel for the ramp shots. I can nail the left ramp over and over on the original flippers though. So for me, the carrots aren't to help me shoot better or make the game feel better shooting - I just want a regular flipper gap with no cheap drains.

The game had the center post mod installed, so I unscrewed the post from the mod and left all the plastics installed. I do prefer the flippers over the center post mod for sure. Have to re-train my reflexes now the post is gone - I let several balls drain down the middle thinking the post was still there.

#8418 3 years ago

Is there a fix for the Scoleri drop targets? Major air ball drains when hitting them dead on and they don’t drop on that major direct hit.

#8419 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Is there a fix for the Scoleri drop targets? Major air ball drains when hitting them dead on and they don’t drop on that major direct hit.

Move the spring to make it tighter

#8420 3 years ago

Move the spring to make it tighter

This^^^ and you can always disable them too if you like in the options menu..it makes the game better anyways in my opinion. I hate the Scolari brothers.

#8421 3 years ago

I noticed since I installed the latest code that when I shoot left ramp with right flipper the ball flies off the ramp 2 out of 3 times.

Anyone having the same issue?

What are Flipper strengths set to?

#8422 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I noticed since I installed the latest code that when I shoot left ramp with right flipper the ball flies off the ramp 2 out of 3 times.

This did not happen to mine.

#8423 3 years ago

Anything I can check in regards to my machine not keeping time after it’s powered off. Yes I changed the battery, didn’t help.

#8424 3 years ago

Is the new battery bad too? Haha. I would make sure there isn’t a broken connection between the battery holder and the board. Might need to reflow some solder.

#8425 3 years ago

Anyone have any idea what this part is I was lifting the playfiled and this popped out on the floor. And it’s not a shooter lane protector

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8426 3 years ago

Anyone have any idea what this part is I was lifting the playfiled and this popped out on the floor. And it’s not a shooter lane protector
[quoted image]

Could it be a ramp entrance edge protector?

#8427 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Could it be a ramp entrance edge protector?

checked those they are all on and in place and most of those are curved this fell out left hand side as I was raising the field if that helps. Something in the library area? Or near the captive balls? I can’t figure it out and of course my ocd shall drive me nuts. Even checked the manual for a similar part

#8428 3 years ago

Man, I just took a good look and I can't see anything like that on my playfield.

#8429 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Man, I just took a good look and I can't see anything like that on my playfield.

I appreciate you taking a look! I’ve been over everything and don’t see it either maybe it was just tangled below the playfield and fell.

#8430 3 years ago

I‘m back in the club - this time with a premium! Awesome machine. Daughter loves it, too.

AD103D97-9D23-4235-A229-F2AA4E378C49 (resized).jpegAD103D97-9D23-4235-A229-F2AA4E378C49 (resized).jpeg
#8431 3 years ago

Been a while since I messed with mods on GB. I saw the proton beams on Facebook and bought a set. They look pretty cool!

853B5B12-5F39-4D51-B42A-1BC17FAD6A7D (resized).jpeg853B5B12-5F39-4D51-B42A-1BC17FAD6A7D (resized).jpeg

#8432 3 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Been a while since I messed with mods on GB. I saw the proton beams on Facebook and bought a set. They look pretty cool!
[quoted image]

Where do we buy these?

#8433 3 years ago

Wow, I have to say those beams look pretty cool combined with your other mods. Ties it all in. Well done. Are they UV/black light?

Also, is that a Tron LE style apron? Looks like the decals at the corners are glowing.

#8434 3 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

[quoted image]

Where did you get the 3D storage facility to put on the pro? Game looks nice!

#8435 3 years ago
Quoted from bajm:

Where did you get the 3D storage facility to put on the pro? Game looks nice!

I think it’s the Walter Peck Mattel toy. I don’t believe anyone is selling them as ready-to-go mods though.

E6ED6DBF-0C5E-44D1-AB7B-DF9A85F034F2 (resized).jpegE6ED6DBF-0C5E-44D1-AB7B-DF9A85F034F2 (resized).jpeg
#8436 3 years ago

The beams came from the person who designed them when they were originally supposed to be in the game. Reach him by email [email protected] They should work fine out of the box, but if you want them to be interactive, there are two wires to solder. The beams are lit on there own, I believe they’re EL wire. They plug into the 12v tap by the coin door, I think it was CN1.

The apron is a spare stranger things I had from the UV kit. The glow underneath is from the beams, I just stuck the stickers from the plastic one underneath as if it were the plastic. I was more or less testing to see if I can make it work. I either need to buy one with a curve in the middle or cut it down, might powder coat.

The storage facility is that Walter Peck toy. Cut to fit and I used a dremmel for the light boards to show through.

It’s somewhat black light, I have pinstadiums and GITD titans but don’t typically turn on full black light mode, but thought it looked kind of cool without washing out the playfield.

#8437 3 years ago

What size speakers are in a Ghostbusters LE? 4 inch or 5 1/4 inch?

#8438 3 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

The beams came from the person who designed them when they were originally supposed to be in the game. Reach him by email [email protected] They should work fine out of the box, but if you want them to be interactive, there are two wires to solder. The beams are lit on there own, I believe they’re EL wire. They plug into the 12v tap by the coin door, I think it was CN1.
The apron is a spare stranger things I had from the UV kit. The glow underneath is from the beams, I just stuck the stickers from the plastic one underneath as if it were the plastic. I was more or less testing to see if I can make it work. I either need to buy one with a curve in the middle or cut it down, might powder coat.
The storage facility is that Walter Peck toy. Cut to fit and I used a dremmel for the light boards to show through.
It’s somewhat black light, I have pinstadiums and GITD titans but don’t typically turn on full black light mode, but thought it looked kind of cool without washing out the playfield.

can you post some pictures of the beams mech as just curious on what the design was

#8439 3 years ago

Anyone want to sell me a ghostbusters premium??

#8440 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Has anyone else experienced this as I have also noticed this on my GB Premium I had checked the settings and it was factory default although it is a lot more powerful than I previously noticed.

#8441 3 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Very cool man, thanks for sharing!

#8442 3 years ago

People might have a hard time believing this....

I ordered my NIB GBLE in March. 2016. I received the machine on July 1, 2016. When I got the machine, I quickly put on about 50 games, then noticed that I had the ghosting insert issue. I fought with Stern for over a year about getting a populated playfield. They told me to play it some more, if the ghosting got worse, I'll get a new playfield.
I installed the new playfield in Oct. 2017...and to this day, it's has never been played.

I seriously considered selling the machine, but, now I think I might keep it for a little while.

The reason for my post?.....I haven't kept up to date on this title. What would everyone recoomend as far as mods/protection for this game?

#8443 3 years ago

Well first do the update ! It changes the game for the better , then from there It’s up to you. I like the shaker , I did a scoleri brothers clear target Mod , Outlane kit to prevent jump over. Then the rest is up to preference . Some change the flipper bats to carrot flippers and say it helps the flipper gap but I like original layout .

#8444 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

People might have a hard time believing this....
I ordered my NIB GBLE in March. 2016. I received the machine on July 1, 2016. When I got the machine, I quickly put on about 50 games, then noticed that I had the ghosting insert issue. I fought with Stern for over a year about getting a populated playfield. They told me to play it some more, if the ghosting got worse, I'll get a new playfield.
I installed the new playfield in Oct. 2017...and to this day, it's has never been played.
I seriously considered selling the machine, but, now I think I might keep it for a little while.
The reason for my post?.....I haven't kept up to date on this title. What would everyone recoomend as far as mods/protection for this game?

Mods: Get the rail plastics that prevent ball hops. Then install carrot flippers.

In the meantime update the code and just play the game, you have an LE so it's already modded cosmetically.

#8445 3 years ago

- Alternative target brackets either side of left ramp to greatly reduce air balls Via shapeways
https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace

- cliffy guards for the apron hole and shooter lane

- glow or translucent rubbers throughout the game - adds a nice look

#8446 3 years ago

I got one! Picked up this heavily modded pro yesterday. I know what I'm streaming this week!

IMG_20200719_144934_902 (resized).jpgIMG_20200719_144934_902 (resized).jpg
#8447 3 years ago

I joined the club this weekend too! Now I need to figure out what to buy right away. The Shapeways targets are added to the list. Maybe the drop target spring fix, cliffies, and to make sure the service bulletins are taken care of.

The out lane plastic guard and air ball guards are already on it.

20200719_151158 (resized).jpg20200719_151158 (resized).jpg
#8448 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I joined the club this weekend too! Now I need to figure out what to buy right away. The Shapeways targets are added to the list. Maybe the drop target spring fix, cliffies, and to make sure the service bulletins are taken care of.
The out lane plastic guard and air ball guards are already on it.
[quoted image]

Thats a cool topper. Havent seen that one yet.

#8449 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thats a cool topper. Havent seen that one yet.

I was told that only a few were made by a well known topper company, but they couldn't make/sell them because of licensing issues. Willing to trade for a Stern GB topper.

#8450 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I was told that only a few were made by a well known topper company, but they couldn't make/sell them because of licensing issues. Willing to trade for a Stern GB topper.

Damn, was hoping you would say trade from the Laseriffic one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 103.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/169 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.