IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,483 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 250.
#8351 3 years ago

The bracket on my hooked protector didn’t line up either. I used some hot glue to keep it place. Not ideal, but it works.

#8352 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I have the hooked ecto protector. Went on in seconds, and I love the way it looks.

Hi Guys.
If anyone has an issue please let me know. We have been making this mod using the same brackets and laser cut plastic since 2015.
Each shield is heated and hand molded so there could be slight variances in molds.
This is the first I have heard of an issue and I would be glad to exchange any that have issues just let me know and we can do a quick swap.
To install you hook the metal bracket to the pin first and swing the protector into place. The pin is an anchor and there is one screw on the other side you need to remove then reinstall.
Any questions please let me know.
[email protected]

#8353 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I can't recommend the hooked ecto goggles protector. I have been trying for 30 minutes to modify it enough to get it installed. The design is flawed in that the bracket doesn't reach far enough to meet the stud to mount it to. I've given up at this point, any further enlargement of the hole and it will break through. Waste of $45, any others out there that actually work?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had the same problem at first, then realized you have to remove the metal protector plate on the left side (3 screws). This was a part added later in production and sent out to owners of early runs.

#8354 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I can't recommend the hooked ecto goggles protector. I have been trying for 30 minutes to modify it enough to get it installed. The design is flawed in that the bracket doesn't reach far enough to meet the stud to mount it to. I've given up at this point, any further enlargement of the hole and it will break through. Waste of $45, any others out there that actually work?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had the exact same issue from the one I received last week. Used hot glue.

#8355 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I had that problem too but then realized I had to remove the metal part that’s held on by the 3 screws. I assume that metal part is there to protect the goggles from air balls. The hooked protector replaces that.

#8356 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I had the same problem at first, then realized you have to remove the metal protector plate on the left side (3 screws). This was a part added later in production and sent out to owners of early runs.

Spidey beat me to it. Well said! Lol

#8357 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

That’s right. Stern added that protector on later runs. Mine didn’t have it so the Hooked protector installed in seconds. That should probably be called out in the installation instructions.

#8358 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

That’s right. Stern added that protector on later runs. Mine didn’t have it so the Hooked protector installed in seconds. That should probably be called out in the installation instructions.

Agreed, that is definitely something that should come from the manufacturer as I am sure that there are those who purchase the mod that don't visit pinside or maybe not this thread. I'll give that a try, thanks guys.

#8359 3 years ago

Does anyone have a recommendation for coin door art/decals?

#8360 3 years ago

With Ghostbusters being on of my favorite games out there. I played it a lot over the past 3 years of ownership and i still play it very often. Since the latest update came out, it did evolve the game a lot more. Dwight definitely needed some time to settle but with the upcoming TMNT game, he proofed what he's able to do. TMNT might also be one of the most code complete games at the release, with code being at 0.92 already.

Anyway enough off-topic. This thread is about Ghostbusters. Since 1.17 came out I played it a lot. I have noticed very few bugs which I wrote down in a list. Also with some tweaks I would love to see. So Dwight if you are reading this. There is no need for another update. BUT if you are planning on doing one, it would be nice if you could include this liste and maybe resolve some of these
Also if you guys have some to add. Feel free to do so.

1. Add a alert sound for timers running out(Left captive balls)
2. Music within „AYAG Victory laps“ is to dim. Can barely be heard due to the „louder“ sounds effects.
3. Music is not properly stopped at the end of „AYAG“ victory laps. It keeps playing during bonus count.
4. Left orbit skill shot cheat does still work. If you plunge the ball soft so it just rolls over the loop switch, but doesn´t make it trough the gate behind Marshmallow-Man. If the ball then rolls back again over the loop switch. The skill shot is then still being awarded. ONLY if skill shot doesnt start a scene. E.g it awards river of slime.
5. Add a sound effect for hurry-up timer running out for „light playfield multipliers“ at the captive balls.
6. Add a sound effect for „light playfield multipliers“ awarded from captive balls.
7. Extra ball lightshow shouldn´t play during multiballs. Even if it has a blow off. Balls are lost to easily.
8. Spook Central hurry-up starts to early if you blow off the start sequence. You are already loosing points until the ball is released from the up post and feeded to the flippers, to make the ramp shot and stop the timer.
9. Add a flasher lightshow during Loopin supers. So the playfield is not so empty and dark.
Use the two red mars dome flashers at the ramp, they actually dont do much in the game. What about letting them each alternate double flash the whole time?
10. „light playfield multipliers“ being awarded incorrect from the captive balls.
If either „light storage facility“ or „light super jackpot“ timer has been started. And during one of those timers the „light playfield multipliers“ timer is being started via a ramp shot. If then „light storage facility“ or „light super jackpot“ timer runs out and the balls get reset, „light playfield multipliers“ is awarded when it shouldn´t be.
11. There are some lights missing at the start animation of Storage Facility multiball.
Library Lock Arrow(red)
Super Jackpot arrow(red)
Spinner Flasher(red)
Stay Puft(red)
12. During the swipe attract mode lamp effect and Bonus count. Some of the lights stay lit, when they should not be. Gear standup target light, depending on which were lit during gameplay.
13. Use the middle Ghost ladder 20,40,60,80,100 during „WeAreReadyToBelieveYou“ to indicate how much ghosts have been collected.
14. Speed up the flash frequency of the right scoop arrow light. When the „River of Slime“ timer ia about to run out.
15. Gear target, River of Slime, left and middle Captive ball timers are not properly held if ball is sitting in left scoop, left up-post or subway. For example the ball is being held at the subway to indicate 10 Ghosts collected Storage Facility is lit. The timers can run out.
16. Rework multiball ball save feature. If balls are being kicked out at the left or right scoop. A ballsaver activates for a few seconds and saves drained balls. It is possible to recover multiple balls during one ballsave period.
-Limit the amount of balls being saved to 1 ball per save.
-Limit the amount of ball saves started via scoops during multiball to 3 or make it adjustable.
-Add an adjustment to disable ball saves started by the scoops during multiballs. Its anoying if SF-multiball is going on forever.
17. God mode Adjustments.
-If Game mode is set to God mode, add an adjustment to automatically disable God mode after a power cycle.
-Add an adjustment to start God mode via mode select menu like done in TMNT or Jurassic Park. So it can be played on location. -It would be nice to add a display advertisement like "Are you a God? Choose GodMode game. To proof you really are!"
18. „light playfield multipliers“ are being awarded via the captive balls, without shooting the captive ball around the loop. Just hitting the ball slightly does award „light playfield multipliers“
19. Slimer slime is erasing River of Slime shots. If there were some River of Slime shots lit and you hit slimer. The purple slime gets exchanged by green slime.
20. Remove unused „Spinner level“ entry from instant info.
21. (PRO only) Right ramp registering two hits instead of one, if a ball is being shoot up the right ramp slowly. The right of the 3 inline switches registers a hit, if the ball starts then starts rolling slowly back down, the lower exit switch counts another hit.
22. Left captive balls give out „gear award“ when "light playfield multipliers" is collected.
23. Librarian mini mode should not be allowed to start during active scenes.
24. There are some lights missing at the extra ball awarded animation.
Stay Puft(Green)
Stay Puft(White)
25. Left captive balls award „light Storage Facility“ even when the final Storage Facility shot is already lit.
-“light Storage Facility“ timer also keeps running during SF multiball if “light Storage Facility“ timer has been started before SF Multiball start. “light Storage Facility“ can be awarded during multiball.
26. Pict-o-pops do award add time when there is nothing to add time.
27. If bonus is maxed at 20X and PKE lanes are completed again. Add a reward.
28. Rework Playfield multiplier rules. These are way to easy to get. So scores go insane to easy.
-Make it so if 2x has been lit but hasnt been activated. And „light playfield multipliers“ is being completed once again. Lite 3x but turn off 2x. If then „light playfield multipliers“ is completed a third time. Lite both 2x and 3x.
29. Sometimes left captive balls start both „light Storage Facility“ and „light Super Jackpot“ timers at the same time. Also gives out both awards with the same shot.
30. After finishing WeAreReadyToBelieveYou the ball should not be auto plunged at the start of AreYouAGod.
31. The sthird captive ball shot sometimes doesnt award the „light super jackpot“ shot when lit. It sometimes just resets the 3 balls and you have to shoot a 4th time. In order to get the award.
32. Some of the new music and sound effects are played at different volumes.
33. Backbox lightning effects are sometimes reversed to the GI lamp effects. For example at the start of AreYouAGod.
34. If you start Storage Facility Multiball while BackOfMan is running. The last mode shot for BackOfMan will cause both Scolery Brother drop targets to remain down, during the rest of Storage Facility Multiball.
35. Make it so that each top mode of each ladder has to be completed, in order to qualify for WeCameWeSaw. Currently these modes can be timed out to be completed.
36. Sometimes the game refuses to kick the ball out of the right scoop. (Happens rarely) The game knows the ball is sitting there. If entering switch test, the switch is marked active. Also the game starts ball seach but does not activate this particular coil. If entering coil test this coil however works...
37. Add an adjustment, which requires the player to spell Ghost in order to activate Slimer. With G always spelled. There are unused G-H-O-S-T display annimations hiding in the code which can be used.
OR implement another neat little mini mode like Librarian. Which triggers when G-H-O-S-T is spelled during mainplay and scenes are ready to start. So the ghost target doesnt conflict with the slimer mode since scenes are already lit.

#8361 3 years ago

Just scored over 4 billion! Does that mean I can join?

#8362 3 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Does anyone have a recommendation for coin door art/decals?

I'm working on some with resin covering. I don't know exactly what you are referring to coin door artwork. Do you want it to cover the whole door.
Here is a twilight zone one and tom I made for my games as well.

IMG20200531125429 (resized).jpgIMG20200531125429 (resized).jpg

IMG20200531125811 (resized).jpgIMG20200531125811 (resized).jpgIMG20200531134745 (resized).jpgIMG20200531134745 (resized).jpg
#8363 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I'm working on some with resin covering. I don't know exactly what you are referring to coin door artwork. Do you want it to cover the whole door.
Here is a twilight zone one and tom I made for my games as well.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

These are nice, thank you. I bought a nice door magnet for my Houdini off someone here but couldn't find much for Ghostbusters let alone TOM.

#8364 3 years ago

Changing up the look a bit with some proton streams:

#8366 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200614-014011~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200614-014011~2 (resized).png
#8367 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

Do you mean a vault? or new code? or just the way that 2020 has been why not meet our destroyer!
But, I mean he's a sailor so we just need to get him laid!!!

#8368 3 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Do you mean a vault? or new code? or just the way that 2020 has been why not meet our destroyer!
But, I mean he's a sailor so we just need to get him laid!!!

Lol! I love the pinball-first questions!

It is just the way 2020 is going...you never know what's next! I just found the meme and thought I would share it, lol!

#8369 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Lol! I love the pinball-first questions!
It is just the way 2020 is going...you never know what's next! I just found the meme and thought I would share it, lol!

He's my favorite Kaiju .

#8370 3 years ago

Hey all new to the club picked up an amazing prestige modded pro machine this weekend. Quick question as I’m new to owning a spike system. I’m trying to troubleshoot my left scoop flasher that won’t light. Yes it has the covering from the service bulletin. I’ve gotten as far as removing the light and plugging it into another flasher spot and verified the board and light work. When I put it back in its original spot it faintly lights up. Now I’m stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

#8371 3 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

Hey all new to the club picked up an amazing prestige modded pro machine this weekend. Quick question as I’m new to owning a spike system. I’m trying to troubleshoot my left scoop flasher that won’t light. Yes it has the covering from the service bulletin. I’ve gotten as far as removing the light and plugging it into another flasher spot and verified the board and light work. When I put it back in its original spot it faintly lights up. Now I’m stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

Try unplugging the cable(s) going to the node board(s) in that area and plugging it back in. A few of us have had issues with sections of lights going out (or lighting dimly) and that worked for us. Good luck.

#8372 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:Try unplugging the cable(s) going to the node board(s) in that area and plugging it back in. A few of us have had issues with sections of lights going out (or lighting dimly) and that worked for us. Good luck.

Perfect I’ll try that now.

#8373 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Try unplugging the cable(s) going to the node board(s) in that area and plugging it back in. A few of us have had issues with sections of lights going out (or lighting dimly) and that worked for us. Good luck.

Well that helped it lights and flashes it’s just not as bright as it should be.

#8374 3 years ago

Well that helped it lights and flashes it’s just not as bright as it should be.

Hmmm. It might not do anything, but I would try unplugging all of the boards under the playfield and plugging them back in (if you haven’t already). The fact that it improved tells me you’re on the right path. If it does nothing then at least you can eliminate that as an issue and move on to more complex possibilities.

#8375 3 years ago

I just joined the club with a pro model. I’m on the hunt for the upgraded library to replace the original library plastic. I see Marco is out of stock. Could anyone else point me to whom might have one? I’m looking for an original because it seems like it’sa taf better built then the Memel mod remake

#8376 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just joined the club with a pro model. I’m on the hunt for the original library plastic. I see Marco is out of stock. Could anyone else point me to whom might have one? I’m looking for an original because it seems like it’sa taf better built then the Memel mod remake

I might have one, I have the premium library in my pro and have the original plastic somewhere, give me a day or so to look for it

#8377 3 years ago

No dice on the unplug replug, gonna have to Try a deep dive tomorrow if anyone has any suggestions let me know

#8378 3 years ago

I might have one, I have the premium library in my pro and have the original plastic somewhere, give me a day or so to look for it

Sorry I meant I’m on the hunt for the premium library

#8379 3 years ago

Just brought a pro in the house on a temporary trade for our Aerosmith pro. Already performed the 1.17 update and will be installing the Mudflaps update overnight so I can play it first thing.

ghostbusters (resized).jpgghostbusters (resized).jpg
#8380 3 years ago

Joined the club yesterday with a Pro! Super stoked. Trying to get the settings dialed, and I have a quick question: When we rented a GB Pro 2 months ago we were lighting extra balls pretty easily - I wanna say around 30 or 40 ghosts? Might be too light, but can anyone point me to how to dial those settings in? I see an extra ball in the adjustments menu but not sure which to put it at. Thanks!

#8381 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just brought a pro in the house on a temporary trade for our Aerosmith pro. Already performed the 1.17 update and will be installing the Mudflaps update overnight so I can play it first thing.[quoted image]

No Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, Guns 'n Roses, ACDC, Metallica pin in there? Also you got the order of pins incorrect, the holy trinity must be preserved....AFM,MM,MB.

#8382 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

No Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, Guns 'n Roses, ACDC, Metallica pin in there? Also you got the order of pins incorrect, the holy trinity must be preserved....AFM,MM,MB.

Temp trade of Aerosmith for Ghostbusters and those are just the pins in the bar area.

#8383 3 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Changing up the look a bit with some proton streams:

Where'd you get those?

#8384 3 years ago

I have a 100% working topper in great condition that I’d sell off my game. It’s the official Stern one. Send me a pm if interested

#8385 3 years ago

Also a brand new plastic set

#8386 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I have a 100% working topper in great condition that I’d sell off my game. It’s the official Stern one. Send me a pm if interested

PM sent

#8387 3 years ago

How do I change the 2 1/2 in. rubber that goes under and around the slimmer arm mechanism
Thanks

#8388 3 years ago

Does anyone know if someone still sells the ghost trap mod pictured below?

3FA9D884-11C2-410F-9179-E0275051389F (resized).jpeg3FA9D884-11C2-410F-9179-E0275051389F (resized).jpeg
#8389 3 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

How do I change the 2 1/2 in. rubber that goes under and around the slimmer arm mechanism
Thanks

I was able to just stretch it over everything to get it down there

#8390 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Does anyone know if someone still sells the ghost trap mod pictured below?
[quoted image]

I got one of these about 7months ago, might not be the same one but it’s great, I think he makes them upon order.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1058-yoyokopter-mods/00603-ghost-trap-mod-by-yoyokopter

#8391 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I was able to just stretch it over everything to get it down there

Did you have to take the ramp off ?

#8392 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Threw together a topper over the weekend that I think came out pretty nice and was cheap to make.
[quoted image]

That looks amazing, @per3per3. Where did you get the plates from, and are they mounted on a stand?

#8393 3 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

That looks amazing, per3per3. Where did you get the plates from, and are they mounted on a stand?

Thanks! I got the plates from amazon and they were pretty cheap. The ghostbusters plastic came from the factory goodie bag. I mounted the plates using one small block of wood each with 3M double-sided tape. One strip of tape secures the plate to the wood, and another securing the wood to the top of the backbox. For the plastic, I also have a small piece of wood jammed behind the ghostbusters lettering which helps add some rigidity/stability to it, while also allowing for a surface to affix it to the top of the backbox. If you need close-up pics, PM me and I can hook you up. I considered adding some comet matrix lighting to backlight it, but ultimately decided it was necessary.

#8394 3 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

Did you have to take the ramp off ?

No, I didn't remove any ramps, if I remember correctly, I was able to just stretch it around slimer and squeeze it in there

#8395 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200624-223928~3 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200624-223928~3 (resized).png
#8396 3 years ago
Quoted from SOMaine5-0:

Where'd you get those?

I make them. I retired my Balrog Whip mod for LOTR and moved on to this for now. I'll be listing as ad up in the marketplace for them in a few days.

#8397 3 years ago

Hi guys,

I have encountered my first major glitch with my Ghostbusters Premium. The left library scoop does not register the shot all the time, but instead simply kicks the ball out and the flasher goes off. If Tobin is lit or Extra Ball is lit, I assume you should be collecting those rewards each and every time the shot is made into this scoop. Or is this normal. Love to hear your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Ripshill

#8398 3 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Hi guys,
I have encountered my first major glitch with my Ghostbusters Premium. The left library scoop does not register the shot all the time, but instead simply kicks the ball out and the flasher goes off. If Tobin is lit or Extra Ball is lit, I assume you should be collecting those rewards each and every time the shot is made into this scoop. Or is this normal. Love to hear your thoughts on this.
Thanks,
Ripshill

Check the switch. Might have to bend it upward a little. Ive had this issue also.

#8399 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Check the switch. Might have to bend it upward a little. Ive had this issue also.

I think the issue is that the switch closes very briefly before opening again so the game takes a guess that the ball went in but isn't certain so it fires the coil just in case.

#8400 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I think the issue is that the switch closes very briefly before opening again so the game takes a guess that the ball went in but isn't certain so it fires the coil just in case.

Right. So bending the switch upward would give it better contact.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 103.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,483 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/168?hl=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.