IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 250.
#8301 3 years ago

Just got one!

Two issues though, curious to the collective thoughts.

1. From the shooter lane, starting any ball, from what I recall the electric gate in the back is supposed to stop the ball so that the ball goes through the PKE lanes and not fully through the orbit. Is that right or wrong? My gate works backwards as far I can tell and opens every time when the ball rolls over the target behind stay puft, always sending it around the orbit.

2. Occasionally on cold start, I get a message about node board 8 over current. When I go into the test for it, it runs successfully and the alert goes away. Rarely, though usually when a MB is going good, I lose flipper control for ....2ish seconds and then returns no problem. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

#8302 3 years ago

On the plunge the ball can go all the way through the gate. You are trying to short plunge into the pke area.

#8303 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Offset your time.
Unless you like playing at mid night!

No way, thats cheating! haha. I was excited to do it the "real" way!

#8304 3 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

Just got one!
Two issues though, curious to the collective thoughts.
1. From the shooter lane, starting any ball, from what I recall the electric gate in the back is supposed to stop the ball so that the ball goes through the PKE lanes and not fully through the orbit. Is that right or wrong? My gate works backwards as far I can tell and opens every time when the ball rolls over the target behind stay puft, always sending it around the orbit.
2. Occasionally on cold start, I get a message about node board 8 over current. When I go into the test for it, it runs successfully and the alert goes away. Rarely, though usually when a MB is going good, I lose flipper control for ....2ish seconds and then returns no problem. Thoughts?
Thanks in advance for any insight!

I know those node boards have some issues. Not sure if they are related.

Have you done the servicing to the boards from Stern? Check these service bulletins.. https://sternpinball.com/support/service-bulletins/

#8305 3 years ago

Just installed a shaker motor on my GB Pro today and was looking in the settings to tone it down a little. While looking in the GB adjustment settings I noticed Maximal, Moderate and minimal use. What does that mean?

#8306 3 years ago

It's how often the shaker is used, not how hard it shakes

#8307 3 years ago

Looks like I had a wicked airball that took out my Ecto Goggles display. Marco has them for $179. Does anyone know any other purchase options? How about aftermarket protectors so this doesn’t happen again? So bummed....

4E760CEE-A98D-4DDA-B97D-692E9587E02B.jpeg4E760CEE-A98D-4DDA-B97D-692E9587E02B.jpeg
#8308 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Looks like I had a wicked airball that took out my Ecto Goggles display. Marco has them for $179. Does anyone know any other purchase options? How about aftermarket protectors so this doesn’t happen again? So bummed....
[quoted image]

Doesn't modfathets make a hood. Been available for years

#8310 3 years ago

I put the hooked version on mine the day I got the game. Impossible for the ball to hit the screen and itlooks like it belongs there.

#8311 3 years ago

go for the hooked version

#8312 3 years ago

Threw together a topper over the weekend that I think came out pretty nice and was cheap to make.

IMG_20200515_202130 (resized).jpgIMG_20200515_202130 (resized).jpg
#8313 3 years ago

I got this one from Stern for the Ecto Googles display, but actually never got around to mounting it yet:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB187-1.pdf

Perhaps i should do it today! Man i would hate for it to break the LCD, knowing that i had a protector lying around, but was too lazy to mount it

#8315 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

I got this one from Stern for the Ecto Googles display, but actually never got around to mounting it yet:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB187-1.pdf
Perhaps i should do it today! Man i would hate for it to break the LCD, knowing that i had a protector lying around, but was too lazy to mount it

I have that protector installed on mine. I can see it protecting a ball from hitting the circular reflective glass, but in my situation it was a line drive ball straight from the flipper that hit the LCD screen.

#8316 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I have that protector installed on mine. I can see it protecting a ball from hitting the circular reflective glass, but in my situation it was a line drive ball straight from the flipper that hit the LCD screen.

Yep,the hooked protector physically covers the entire thing.

#8317 3 years ago

Hooked one is like wearing a full faced helmet. Impossible to hit the screen unless it breaks as well

#8318 3 years ago

Thanks. Order placed and added in a river of slime mod because....why not. Holy crap, this is my most expensive airball repair yet.

#8319 3 years ago

I just realized how dimpled my middle play field has gotten.
I think it's mostly from rebounding off the Scelori Brothers targets.

Anybody else have this issue? Any ideas to lessen the damage besides wax?

#8320 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Yeah, i see what you mean. However, stern writes this in the service bulletin:

"It has been brought to our attention that some games are experiencing air balls which can hit and damage the Ecto Goggles LCD."

So you would think the protector they supply was actually designed for protecting the screen itself.

I would like a protector like the one from Hooked, but getting that in Europe would be really expensive. Anybody know of a similar one that is available in europe?

#8321 3 years ago

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-modding/pinball-specific/8223/ecto-goggle-protector-for-ghostbusters

I see unavailable but you can make a reservation maybe it will come soon.

#8322 3 years ago

I don't own Ghostbusters, but man I really do think its an amazing game. I have it for Stern's Pinball Arcade on my PS4. Been playing it a lot recently and just really been loving it.

Something finally clicked with me and the code. Thanks to a lot of people on this forum also taking the time to explain it to me. But, I finally got to the We're Ready to Believe You Wizard mode!!!!

Now, the ps4 pinball arcade version does not have the updated code. So it is a bit of a bummer getting to know the code, only for that to now not be the official code. Still, I think when I do get a chance to play this game in person again I should still have a good grasp on how the game works.

I'm actually really leaning towards buying one. The only thing is I want to wait for the covid stuff to be mostly over before I buy one, and I don't know if I want a Prem or Pro. If given the choice between the two, I'd go for a Prem... But, those seem to have dried up lately, and I see pros on the market a lot more frequently.
Anyway... I was thinking about an Attack From Mars, or an MM, but since I own a MBr and EHOH, I figured I don't want a fan layout game. And ghost busters has a pretty dang unique layout.

I know people complained about the flipper gap and how the game kicks your butt... But, I think that's part of its charm... Yes, I get mad about the flipper gap. But, man do I love this game. Great dots. Great callouts. Great use of the movies assets, and I think in my oppinion one of the very best all around sound designs in pinball.
Has nice toys(Prem the slings are the coolest thing, googles are neat). So right now. I'm really really thinking hard about getting one. But, for the foreseeable future I'll have to be content with playing it on my ps4.

#8323 3 years ago

Pro is a great game. Nothing wrong with that Premium and LE are different, I think a bit harder but also so much fun. I like the magna slings, like during multiball how 2 or even three bals cling up to just roll around. I do think the moving slimer is nice. Ecto googles are just eye candy. I also like the subway ramp. Only thing about this machine I do not like is the scolari brothers and the ball hopping over the inlines, but there are solutions for that. For the rest great game, sounds, call outs are the best. It has a midnight madness mode, it has the scream feature, is flippers that switch, it has it all.

#8324 3 years ago

It's got all the right toys and gimmicks. Prem/le are better but pro is its own game outright so great too. The prem/le just adds to the experience and slimer shot is a chase rather than just a shot. The game isn't hard once you gain control and don't rush things, then the code opens a fantastic world to you.

This game would be a classic if not for jt legal issues which I believe should not taint the game in the first place. Hate the guy not the game.

And who knows, maybe down the track there might be another code tweak that'll make it even better. I live in hope lol

#8325 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

It's got all the right toys and gimmicks. Prem/le are better but pro is its own game outright so great too. The prem/le just adds to the experience and slimer shot is a chase rather than just a shot. The game isn't hard once you gain control and don't rush things, then the code opens a fantastic world to you.
This game would be a classic if not for jt legal issues which I believe should not taint the game in the first place. Hate the guy not the game.
And who knows, maybe down the track there might be another code tweak that'll make it even better. I live in hope lol

I think JT is a scum bag. I think we all probably think that... With that being said he is my favorite pinball designer. I think he was the best at theme integration than any other pinball designer really.
Ritchie has some great integration, but for a lot of his games you slap on different graphics and a new name and you'd never really know. Lawlor has some of the best integration as well, and is about the same as JT, but I think JT has more unique and varied layouts for his machines(not saying better).

Anyway, back to this game... The magna slings are cool, but can lead to BS drains, even more so than regular slings as you have more control over regular ones. But, its still really cool!! And I think worth the frustrating drains.

But, really I think it needs the slimer to be moving. That adds an a little bit more skill and danger to the game. As this game doesn't have that many shots on it. It has enough. But, I think if you just have a stationary slimer, it takes away a lot of the variety in shot options. Lets be honest. Shooting GEAR, or for the captive balls are not smart. And you never want to directly shoot for those(least not gear). I'll get the captive balls and gear on accident and that's fine with me. Same with the book stacking shot. No need to aim for it, you'll hit it enough times on accident.

And yeah... I think the poster who said that this game is quite easy if you're in control of it.
I like the modes. I like how they stack, and I like the rules to the modes. But, what I realized was... That if I wanted to progress. Sometimes it was better to just let the modes time out and start slimer.
The only modes I let time out where the longer more difficult ones. And I'd just hit the safe shots over and over again once the timer stopped counting down to restart it. Using this strat... it took awhile, but I could get deeper into the games more frequently and I finally got to the we're ready to believe you.

One last question. Again. I don't have a real machine I play it on Stern Pinball Arcade on my ps4, so the code is not updated.
Did they get rid of we're ready to believe you for the Are you a god multi ball?
I'm just curious. I'd hope that both were there and accessible. I did watch the jack danger stream, but I think they set it to where it was easier to get the are you a god.

Anyway... Can't wait for covid to die down, so I can try to hunt down one of these machines, or find a place that might have it to play!!!!

#8326 3 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Lets be honest. Shooting GEAR, or for the captive balls are not smart. And you never want to directly shoot for those(least not gear).

This is really not the case, especially in the new code. You can shoot the left ramp repeatedly to build the gear jackpot. It tops out at 75M. Then hit just one of the gear targets to collect. Put that with a 6x multiplier, and you get a lot of points. It's worth as much as DCTS, but it's always available.

Quoted from Diospinball:

this game is quite easy if you're in control of it.

I wouldn't call this game easy under any circumstances, but you have to play this game under control. Trying to play a "flow" style is begging for frustration.

Quoted from Diospinball:

Can't wait for covid to die down, so I can try to hunt down one of these machines, or find a place that might have it to play!!!!

Playing the real game is amazing. I really love it!!

#8327 3 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

This is really not the case, especially in the new code. You can shoot the left ramp repeatedly to build the gear jackpot. It tops out at 75M. Then hit just one of the gear targets to collect. Put that with a 6x multiplier, and you get a lot of points. It's worth as much as DCTS, but it's always available.

I wouldn't call this game easy under any circumstances, but you have to play this game under control. Trying to play a "flow" style is begging for frustration.

Playing the real game is amazing. I really love it!!

I've played many, many games on a physical real ghostbusters... I think mostly on pros however. I love the game. Haven't played physical GB in about 7 months now. Once Covid is over I should have more than enough money for a Premium or even an LE... But, I'd like a fair price for one, and this game is kind of popular right now(understandably so). So while I do think it should retain a good bit of its original price. So I while I"m in the market and ready to buy, I'm going to wait and see if I can find a nice deal.

#8328 3 years ago

Maybe I didnt word it right. I was trying to say that this game isn't a fun killer. If you try to slow the game down and not try to keep the flow constantly going, you can get some great games and some great scores. I average about a billion at factory. I play the modes and try to maximise them with playfield multipliers. I try to have storage mball ready for the later modes.

I try to start snd finish the bank of three modes and play we believe. Then the bank of four modes and then the final two. I struggle a little with shooting the left scoop.

I try to catch nearly every ball before going for a shot too. But hey I have had the sub 10-20mil game.

Try not to panic and pressure yourself

#8329 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Maybe I didnt word it right. I was trying to say that this game isn't a fun killer. If you try to slow the game down and not try to keep the flow constantly going, you can get some great games and some great scores. I average about a billion at factory. I play the modes and try to maximise them with playfield multipliers. I try to have storage mball ready for the later modes.
I try to start snd finish the bank of three modes and play we believe. Then the bank of four modes and then the final two. I struggle a little with shooting the left scoop.
I try to catch nearly every ball before going for a shot too. But hey I have had the sub 10-20mil game.
Try not to panic and pressure yourself

Wow... I consider a score of 40-60 million good for me. 619,325,990 that is my best game to date on a GB(the actual machine on my PS4 I got 23 billion or something like that, but those scores don't count. Only real machines count). I don't mind that this game kicks my butt. I love playing it and sure... If I owned one I'd put up better scores on it, as I'd learn it better. But, still... WOW!!!!!! I got much to learn in pinball(but isn't that the fun of pinball!). And to be fair. I never understood the code until now. So I was mostly just flipping like a headless monkey.

#8330 3 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Wow... I consider a score of 40-60 million good for me. 619,325,990 that is my best game to date on a GB(the actual machine on my PS4 I got 23 billion or something like that, but those scores don't count. Only real machines count). I don't mind that this game kicks my butt. I love playing it and sure... If I owned one I'd put up better scores on it, as I'd learn it better. But, still... WOW!!!!!! I got much to learn in pinball(but isn't that the fun of pinball!). And to be fair. I never understood the code until now. So I was mostly just flipping like a headless monkey.

Sometimes you can get silly scores just by luck too on gb. I got 6x 80mil on the card guessing mode so an easy 480mil lol

#8331 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Sometimes you can get silly scores just by luck too on gb. I got 6x 80mil on the card guessing mode so an easy 480mil lol

The multipliers can really stack. I posted a 2.1bn last night which was less skill and more just keeping the crazy multiplier and held bonus going as long as possible (luck for me). I could see that it, along with it's magnets, might not be the tournament player's idea of a good time (not sure though), but it's an instant hit with the family for sure!

#8332 3 years ago

Has anyone tried this Modfather Subway Mod? It looks pretty cool with the LEDs but just wondering if anyone had tried it and what they felt. Thanks. G

https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/ghost-busters/products/ghostbusters-subway-mod

#8333 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

Has anyone tried this Modfather Subway Mod? It looks pretty cool with the LEDs but just wondering if anyone had tried it and what they felt. Thanks. G
https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/ghost-busters/products/ghostbusters-subway-mod

Have it, love it. A perfect theme look.

#8334 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Have it, love it. A perfect theme look.

Good to hear! It looks sexy, I was just a little worried it might block Stay Puft, but hopefully not. Did you have much difficulty installing the wiring? Thanks! G

#8335 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

Good to hear! It looks sexy, I was just a little worried it might block Stay Puft, but hopefully not. Did you have much difficulty installing the wiring? Thanks! G

No. Pretty straight forward Just 4 zip ties as I recall.

#8336 3 years ago

My new Ecto Goggles screen came in. I was a little nervous when I powered it up because it was updating the node board for a good 15 minutes. The game is now back to 100%. However, my HookedOnPinball protector won’t arrive for a few more days. I guess this custom high tech protector will have to do for now. Lol.

095026D3-87BC-4DFB-8147-52B0C37C6643.jpeg095026D3-87BC-4DFB-8147-52B0C37C6643.jpeg
#8337 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

My new Ecto Goggles screen came in. I was a little nervous when I powered it up because it was updating the node board for a good 15 minutes. The game is now back to 100%. However, my HookedOnPinball protector won’t arrive for a few more days. I guess this custom high tech protector will have to do for now. Lol.
[quoted image]

Whatever it takes to keep playing if it works.

#8338 3 years ago

Fun game on my premium. I’ve been to are you god now 3 times ! This was a good one .

#8339 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Fun game on my premium. I’ve been to are you god now 3 times ! This was a good one .

Great game! Well played. Love your speaker lights. Can you post or DM me a link to those please? Thanks,

#8340 3 years ago

I am having an issue with my left sling where the switch sensor keeps coming out from behind the sling rubber. Is there a way to have this extended?

I have done it where I move the rubber lower, but this causes the balls to lift off the playfield very often.

Any suggestions?

#8341 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Really awesome!! You've got your nudging down pat on this game...

I love my GB Prem, but my magna-slings are a lot more animated (and frustrating) than yours. In Storage Facility you had a couple of 360 degree spins but nothing else really "violent" from them. My slings will throw the ball around the playfield, shoot the ball back and forth so fast you can't follow it, or stop it dead in it's tracks. Is there a menu setting for this? Or is it just manufacturing difference?

#8342 3 years ago

While the thread is fresh, very happy premium member signing up!

#8343 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I am having an issue with my left sling where the switch sensor keeps coming out from behind the sling rubber. Is there a way to have this extended?
I have done it where I move the rubber lower, but this causes the balls to lift off the playfield very often.
Any suggestions?

Bend the top of the sling switch so that it bends over the top of the rubber.

#8344 3 years ago

Has anyone come across the issue of the ball getting thrown back down left ramp? If so what was your solution? At times ball seems to hop which makes the ball unstable going up ramp.

Always interesting how things that never happen start to just happen...

#8345 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Bend the top of the sling switch so that it bends over the top of the rubber.

It doesnt go high enough to be able to do that.

#8346 3 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Really awesome!! You've got your nudging down pat on this game...
I love my GB Prem, but my magna-slings are a lot more animated (and frustrating) than yours. In Storage Facility you had a couple of 360 degree spins but nothing else really "violent" from them. My slings will throw the ball around the playfield, shoot the ball back and forth so fast you can't follow it, or stop it dead in it's tracks. Is there a menu setting for this? Or is it just manufacturing difference?

Have you tried switching the rubbers around on the slings ? It’s a common “mod”. There are 2 sets of rubbers on the slings. Little circle ones and the regular ones. Put the little ones on the bottom and the big one on top, or vice versa. And you can tweak the switch ever so slightly to make them less sensitive. My left one, about once a year starts activating without touching it. Had to bend the switch just slightly, and it’s back to perfect. Even gb haters play my premium and are like wtf.. totally different game. Anyway. Try those two things. Hopefully works out for ya .

#8347 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Have you tried switching the rubbers around on the slings ? It’s a common “mod”. There are 2 sets of rubbers on the slings. Little circle ones and the regular ones. Put the little ones on the bottom and the big one on top, or vice versa. And you can tweak the switch ever so slightly to make them less sensitive. My left one, about once a year starts activating without touching it. Had to bend the switch just slightly, and it’s back to perfect. Even gb haters play my premium and are like wtf.. totally different game. Anyway. Try those two things. Hopefully works out for ya .

You definitely get more action out of them, but my issue with that was the ball lifting off the playfield after each slingshot. Was driving me crazy as I could hear it happening.

#8348 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Actually, now that I read this, mine came stock with the big rubber on top. Was yours different?

#8349 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

[quoted image]

I can't recommend the hooked ecto goggles protector. I have been trying for 30 minutes to modify it enough to get it installed. The design is flawed in that the bracket doesn't reach far enough to meet the stud to mount it to. I've given up at this point, any further enlargement of the hole and it will break through. Waste of $45, any others out there that actually work?

20200530_172342 (resized).jpg20200530_172342 (resized).jpg20200530_172350 (resized).jpg20200530_172350 (resized).jpg20200530_172410 (resized).jpg20200530_172410 (resized).jpg20200530_172458 (resized).jpg20200530_172458 (resized).jpg
#8350 3 years ago

I have the hooked ecto protector. Went on in seconds, and I love the way it looks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/167?hl=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.