B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 250.
#8251 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone know the size of the rubbers on the left and right side of this game by the outlanes before the ball drains? Trying to replace and manual isn't clear

2 inches

#8252 3 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Can I join up? Just picked up a pro with 11 games played. Is that a lot? (joke)

Congrats, really fun game. Great find.

#8253 3 years ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Hi, I had the very same issue. There was no rhyme or reason for why it started happening. I could hit the pinball in the air with the left flipper on like power 15.
I didn't want to know what would have happened at max power.
The solution for me...
Cliff over at passionforpinball.com sells a stern diamond kickout protector. He doesn't advertise it with the Ghostbusters package but this little guy, number one, is good to have if you don't have one as it will keep that wooden cutout from rounding out over time, number two, can give you the ability to adjust the height at which the ball sits in the storage facility eject. You install from underneath, and the top, on mine, currently sits a hair below the surface which in turn makes the ball sit a tiny bit higher then it would normally when contacting the wood alone. Seems counter intuitive but it works and you can't complain about results.
Email him, mention he's recently help solve a flying ball out of storage facility eject on GB pro and you too want the stern diamond kickout protector to solve that very problem. If you don't have cliffys anywhere else you may also consider buying those as well... You'll save yourself in shipping (unlike me)

Update: I was able to fix this by adding a washer under the kicker assembly on the rear screw. This small of a change to the angle on the ball was enough to go from airballs to smoothly coming out.

New issue: My slingshots LOVE to play catch with each other. Any advice here? It can bounce between them for days...
EDIT: My solution to this was to lower the slingshot power all the way to 12. Playing great now! I love they give you so many power settings in the menu.

#8254 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Yes, total game changer for me. Without them I felt I never had a chance if the ball went in the direction of the outlanes. With them on I feel like it’s a 50/50 shot and more balanced. I can go further on one ball now. I would definitely buy them again.

I appreciate the feedback!

#8255 3 years ago
Quoted from monsterbaldy:

Update: I was able to fix this by adding a washer under the kicker assembly on the rear screw. This small of a change to the angle on the ball was enough to go from airballs to smoothly coming out.

Makes sense. I think I had tried something like that as well but never got it to work. Probably never did enough tilting...

Still recommend the diamond cutout protection.

#8256 3 years ago
Quoted from monsterbaldy:

New issue: My slingshots LOVE to play catch with each other. Any advice here? It can bounce between them for days...
EDIT: My solution to this was to lower the slingshot power all the way to 12. Playing great now! I love they give you so many power settings in the menu.

Adjusting level would have probably solved your issue too

#8257 3 years ago

My game will not save the date/time settings when I turn it off. It always resets to Feb 15, 2015. This makes it impossible for midnight madness to happen at midnight. Does anyone else have this problem?

#8258 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

My game will not save the date/time settings when I turn it off. It always resets to Feb 15, 2015. This makes it impossible for midnight madness to happen at midnight. Does anyone else have this problem?

You just need to change the battery in the CPU board. That happened to ours as well.

#8259 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

You just need to change the battery in the CPU board. That happened to ours as well.

Same here

#8260 3 years ago

Thank you. That would make sense. Do you change the battery with the power off or on? I’d rather not lose my settings...if that’s even a possibility with Spike 1 games.

#8261 3 years ago

I disabled the post in the subway so the game flowed a little bit more.. something is happening now that is a bit strange. Storage facility multiball sometimes gets started by hitting the library scoop and every once in awhile when it drains... has this happened to anyone else? Pretty sure it wasnt doing this with the post enabled in the subway.

Thx

#8262 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Fun:

I disabled the post in the subway so the game flowed a little bit more.. something is happening now that is a bit strange. Storage facility multiball sometimes gets started by hitting the library scoop and every once in awhile when it drains... has this happened to anyone else? Pretty sure it wasnt doing this with the post enabled in the subway.
Thx

Could be a loose switch... Try enabling the post again and test

#8263 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Thank you. That would make sense. Do you change the battery with the power off or on? I’d rather not lose my settings...if that’s even a possibility with Spike 1 games.

You change the battery with the power on . That will keep your settings.

#8264 3 years ago

I have a question about the topper . Is there a board that is a go between for the lights and the spinner and modes or is it plugged in line with something else ? I was thinking of doing a few topper ideas and I want to make it flash and lite like the factory one does . Just curious ?

#8265 3 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

I have a question about the topper . Is there a board that is a go between for the lights and the spinner and modes or is it plugged in line with something else ? I was thinking of doing a few topper ideas and I want to make it flash and lite like the factory one does . Just curious ?

Not sure if I understand the question right, sorry, but I can confirm that the Stern topper has it’s own node board inside the assembly.

#8266 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I have a sneaking suspicion I changed my battery with power off for safety reasons and it still retained the scores. But I did this a good while ago so hard to remember. I think you need to use a screw driver to remove the battery and I don't like metal things hear stuff that's powered on. Hope someone else can confirm or not

#8267 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

We did ours with the game off. I am fairly sure the battery only does the time in Spike games.

#8268 3 years ago

We did ours with the game off. I am fairly sure the battery only does the time in Spike games.

That's right thanks mate for confirming

#8269 3 years ago

so how long do those flat oversized watch batteries last?

#8270 3 years ago

Thanks!

#8271 3 years ago

Are they going to run this game again?

#8272 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Are they going to run this game again?

No plans that I know of but it would definitely be a great game to vault. I think they would sell a bunch of them if they did.

#8273 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No plans that I know of but it would definitely be a great game to vault. I think they would sell a bunch of them if they did.

Include that topper and they couldn’t make them fast enough lol.

#8274 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Right. I didn't originally buy it because I was unhappy with the state of code. Then they finished it when it was out of production, and now I'm happy with the state of code. I'd be super interested if it got vaulted. Under normal circumstances I'd say I'm a buyer, but I'm laid off for now due to the pandemic.

#8275 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Right. I didn't originally buy it because I was unhappy with the state of code. Then they finished it when it was out of production, and now I'm happy with the state of code. I'd be super interested if it got vaulted. Under normal circumstances I'd say I'm a buyer, but I'm laid off for now due to the pandemic.

I haven't been laid off though I'm less confident in my job security for sure. With stimulus money and some other factors lining up, I could see myself buying this game again NIB but only if they did it soon. I'll forget about how much I liked the game if they wait too long.

#8276 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Include that topper and they couldn’t make them fast enough lol.

The topper makes me not be able to run away fast enough!

#8277 3 years ago

I AM A GOD!!!!! I have gotten to this mode a few times, but today I finally made all the shots and got to the 60 second or so unlimited multiball. Ended up getting 3.6 Billion on this. Didn't get close to my high score, but was nice to finally make all the shots needed.l

#8278 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

so how long do those flat oversized watch batteries last?

I thought for a few years but mine lasted only 2 years

#8279 3 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I AM A GOD!!!!! I have gotten to this mode a few times, but today I finally made all the shots and got to the 60 second or so unlimited multiball. Ended up getting 3.6 Billion on this. Didn't get close to my high score, but was nice to finally make all the shots needed.l

I recently snagged a GP Premium in trade and got to God Mode on Saturday and beat it! I was definitely pumped when I got there and the victory laps unlimited multiball at the end was really fun. Ended up with 4.6 billion! Really digging this game and I'm still amazed at how much I didn't like GB at various locations before the major code update and then how much I started to love it with the new code. Also pretty blown away by the differences between the pro and the premium since newer sterns, on average, don't have this many differences between the two versions.

#8280 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Whats midnight madness mode? Something that comes on at midnight?

#8281 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Whats midnight madness mode? Something that comes on at midnight?

Yep, it's really cool too!

#8282 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Very interesting. I dont think I even ever set my clock. Ive never heard the hourly chime that people mention here.

For that Midnight Madness mode, do you have to do anything to play it? Or just have the game on at midnight?

#8283 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Very interesting. I dont think I even ever set my clock. Ive never heard the hourly chime that people mention here.
For that Midnight Madness mode, do you have to do anything to play it? Or just have the game on at midnight?

Just have the game on and be playing at midnight. Or do what I did and set the clock ahead so it comes on sooner when you're up if you're like me and will never make it to midnight.

#8284 3 years ago

Is that in Standard Adjustments?

#8285 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Is that in Standard Adjustments?

Utility I think

#8286 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why do I get the sense that this is the old 9th green at 9 trick?

#8287 3 years ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Why do I get the sense that this is the old 9th green at 9 trick?

I'm not sure what that is you are talking about but Midnight Madnese on Ghostbusters is real. Lol

#8289 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The topper makes me not be able to run away fast enough!

Right, I’ll never understand the lust for that topper. When it first came out I thought it was laughable, so cheap looking like something off a kids toy. But to each their own.

#8290 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm not sure what that is you are talking about but Midnight Madnese on Ghostbusters is real. Lol

**secret of the Pros** get with shooter McGavin. He’ll sort you out.

#8291 3 years ago

There are probably others out there but here is my Blacklight Mod for Ghostbusters. This is a edit of the original video I posted a few days ago. Let me know what you think

#8292 3 years ago

Here is the video on how I added the Proton Streams Using EL Wire. Let me know what you think.

#8293 3 years ago

Hey all. I'm having this issue with my Librarian scoop on my Premium. Ball pops in, lights flash, then it spits it out, doesn't register it etc. Curious if anyone has any experience fixing this? Presumably i just bend the metal a bit but I wasn't sure what tool or exactly how to go about it. Thanks! G

IMG_6834 (resized).JPGIMG_6834 (resized).JPGScreen Shot 2020-04-26 at 10.33.05 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-26 at 10.33.05 PM (resized).png
#8294 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

Hey all. I'm having this issue with my Librarian scoop on my Premium. Ball pops in, lights flash, then it spits it out, doesn't register it etc. Curious if anyone has any experience fixing this? Presumably i just bend the metal a bit but I wasn't sure what tool or exactly how to go about it. Thanks! G[quoted image][quoted image]

I just went through this same ordeal. You have to bend the switch upward. A little bend is all it takes. I was able to bend mine with a Leaf switch adjustment tool. Make sure the power is off so you don’t short anything out.

https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

#8295 3 years ago

Is there any mod or art package of this game that doesn’t have the seductive Sigourney Weaver art at the bottom left of the machine?

#8296 3 years ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

Is there any mod or art package of this game that doesn’t have the seductive Sigourney Weaver art at the bottom left of the machine?

Too hot to handle, right?!

#8297 3 years ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

Is your boner getting in the way of your nudging?? lol

#8298 3 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Right, I’ll never understand the lust for that topper. When it first came out I thought it was laughable, so cheap looking like something off a kids toy. But to each their own.

Since the updated code, people have said that the topper incorporation with the game is fantastic... I think thats what sprung the additional demand.

#8299 3 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Just have the game on and be playing at midnight. Or do what I did and set the clock ahead so it comes on sooner when you're up if you're like me and will never make it to midnight.

So, over the weekend I set the clock and literally waited to play from 11:30 onward. At 11:00, just being on did the hourly chime, it got me excited hahah. Then, as I was playing the game at 12:00, midnight madness started. Really cool! I could see this being used as a quick little cheat for extra points haha.

But thanks, I wasnt sure to believe you or not but you were in fact correct!

#8300 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

So, over the weekend I set the clock and literally waited to play from 11:30 onward. At 11:00, just being on did the hourly chime, it got me excited hahah. Then, as I was playing the game at 12:00, midnight madness started. Really cool! I could see this being used as a quick little cheat for extra points haha.
But thanks, I wasnt sure to believe you or not but you were in fact correct!

Offset your time.
Unless you like playing at mid night!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/166?hl=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.