B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 250.
#8201 4 years ago

Spiderpin
Yes. I replaced the sleeve as well. After a lot of changes, bending in the forks and putting a piece of felt where the plunger arm hits the mech seems to have fixed the problem for now.

#8202 4 years ago

I uploaded the custom audio package (1.17) from mudflaps and it erased my high scores and erased my settings...bummer. Anyways, I'm now noticing something about mode progression that I feel wasn't there before and wanted to make sure that perhaps a setting went back to default that I now need to change. Before, I could have sworn that you needed to complete a mode before moving onto the next one. Now, it seems as if the mode is automatically being completed once you drain and it tallies the points for the mode as part of the drain sequence. Am I crazy, or do you normally have to complete a mode and, if you drain, that same mode is still active at the start of the next ball?? I'm I'm correct, then are there settings that I just need to go in and change?

#8203 4 years ago

That is the new default...you can change it back in the settings.

#8204 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

That is the new default...you can change it back in the settings.

Appreciate the confirmation, but I couldn't find the correct settings and was hoping someone could point me in the correct direction.

#8205 4 years ago

Where does one get this mudflaps code?

#8207 4 years ago

Thank you kindly. Any differences other than music?

#8208 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Thank you kindly. Any differences other than music?

There might be some additional callouts. Ultimately, I've decided after a week to revert back to the original Stern code as I miss some of the music and it's more well-balanced. Just my opinion, but love things like the librarian mode music and others that have been changed and miss the original. I'm sure a lot of work went into this custom audio code and the one Delts did, I just prefer the original in this case. I wish I could pick and choose from both versions what new things to add and what original things to retain. I don't have time to mess around with Pinbrowser and appreciate that others have the time and the skill to do so!

#8209 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

There might be some additional callouts. Ultimately, I've decided after a week to revert back to the original Stern code as I miss some of the music and it's more well-balanced. Just my opinion, but love things like the librarian mode music and others that have been changed and miss the original. I'm sure a lot of work went into this custom audio code and the one Delts did, I just prefer the original in this case. I wish I could pick and choose from both versions what new things to add and what original things to retain. I don't have time to mess around with Pinbrowser and appreciate that others have the time and the skill to do so!

I have to agree 100%. I think with GB the sound package is already really well done so some subtle accent tweaks is really all that it would need for me. I just don't want it enough to do it myself lol.

#8210 4 years ago

Great game I had last night. And I filmed it, the first ball alone was probably my best ever! Also exposes the tobins guide bug. Only got 66 ghosts when I finally got to wrtby. That sucked. Haha. Otherwise,a great display ghostbusters and of my style of play . Flowing and decent accuracy . This game is underrated imo. Enjoy !

#8211 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Right. Installed a new Node Board.

Node board 8 has failed now, but in a different way to 9. It is flashing the yellow LED at me every second. Obviously some sort of error code. Stern "support" says there's nothing they can do. So that's going to be another 260 quid down the drain. I am fuming about it. Considering selling all my Sterns and not buying another until they move past this Spike crap.

#8212 4 years ago

Not played GB in a while. Switched on yesterday for a few games and it’s throwing weird faults. Checked the node boards via the menu and all showing good!

Faults are
Number of balls going into the trough, games ending early while balls still in play. Trough optics look ok. Any suggestions what I should try next?

#8213 4 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Not played GB in a while. Switched on yesterday for a few games and it’s throwing weird faults. Checked the node boards via the menu and all showing good!
Faults are
Number of balls going into the trough, games ending early while balls still in play. Trough optics look ok. Any suggestions what I should try next?

Is your game a prem/le? I had a similar problem on Metallica where the balls became magnetized and the fame still kept count of balls just not the number on the pf if the trough kicked too many out

#8214 4 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Faults are

Too many balls in there?

#8215 4 years ago

Part 2 of me coming so close to defeating ghostbusters pinball, or get inducted as the 5th ghostbuster is the idea . Starts by destroying gozer after a couple missed shots,then storage then beating staypuft! (So fun) pke, mass hysteria and finally we’re ready to believe you (I failed) . I couldn’t become a “god” but God I love this game.

#8216 4 years ago

Anyone know the size of the rubbers on the left and right side of this game by the outlanes before the ball drains? Trying to replace and manual isn't clear

#8217 3 years ago

So... i’m having an issue with my left scolari bros target staying up. I switched the spring like recommended. Still won’t stay up. I removed the “ledge” that holds it and its like paper. I check my other side and that one is a plastic ledge. Anyone know where i can find the plastic one? I checked marco and the one listed looks like the paper thin one on the left.

Thanks

#8218 3 years ago

The marco parts says plastic, so i ordered a few. If anyone knows if i should get a different one please let me know.

#8219 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

The marco parts says plastic, so i ordered a few. If anyone knows if i should get a different one please let me know.

I made some out of metal when mine snapped. Posted some pics a while back but not sure best way to search.

#8220 3 years ago

I’m new to the SPIKE ecosystem. I just picked up a Ghostbusters premium and want to add an LED strip to the trough area and an led to each scoop. I plan on tying all three of them to the GI lights. Will this cause problems to the system or do I need to get a secondary power source for mods?

I’ve done this plenty of times on my SAM system games but I know these node boards can be finicky.

#8221 3 years ago

I lit up both scoops with no issues. Haven’t tried the trough light yet but many have with no problem.

#8222 3 years ago

I’ve noticed multiple times on my game that when add a ball or extra ball is lit, I hit the left scoop to collect but it just ejects the ball without giving me the add a ball or extra ball. Has anyone else experienced this? I only see one switch in there so I know it’s sensing the ball since it ejects it.

#8223 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I’ve noticed multiple times on my game that when add a ball or extra ball is lit, I hit the left scoop to collect but it just ejects the ball without giving me the add a ball or extra ball. Has anyone else experienced this? I only see one switch in there so I know it’s sensing the ball since it ejects it.

You still need to adjust the switch. It's not pressing down on it enough so it doesn't register correctly. Bend the leaf up a little and you should be good.

#8224 3 years ago

I have had to re attach the actuator on that switch a couple of times. That switch just comes unscrewed for some reason. then the actuator falls out of the plastic onto the floor of the cab. It will just pop back in if that happens.

#8225 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I just dealt with a similar issue, except it happened every time...not just for extra balls. I'd shoot the scoop, and it would just eject it without acknowledging the shot. Like Supersquid said, just bend the switch up a hair. That's all it took on mine, and she's running like new.

#8226 3 years ago

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “One for $20 (both for $30). Made from nearly unbreakable PET-G plastic. 1. Airball protector, Left ramp - see below. 2. Right Orbit protector - see below. (see instructions bel...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 2451 times

#8227 3 years ago

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Parts for GB game. You get everything in picture except the black scribble!! $10 plus $5 shipping.”
2020-04-27
Saukville, WI
10 (Firm)
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 61 times

#8228 3 years ago

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “1 OEM - new, original, metal replacement stay Puft bracket. 1 new, plastic bracket from Mezel Mod - for walking stay Puft mod. 10 plus 5 shipping”
2020-04-27
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 29 days
Viewed: 100 times

#8229 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Part 2 of me coming so close to defeating ghostbusters pinball, or get inducted as the 5th ghostbuster is the idea . Starts by destroying gozer after a couple missed shots,then storage then beating staypuft! (So fun) pke, mass hysteria and finally we’re ready to believe you (I failed) . I couldn’t become a “god” but God I love this game.

Nice video! Ghostbusters is one of Sterns best games easily. If they were smart they would vault this game because there are a lot of people wanting one after the last code update.

#8230 3 years ago

So... i’m having an issue with my left scolari bros target staying up. I switched the spring like recommended. Still won’t stay up. I removed the “ledge” that holds it and its like paper. I check my other side and that one is a plastic ledge. Anyone know where i can find the plastic one? I checked marco and the one listed looks like the paper thin one on the left.
Thanks

I had an issue with mine not staying up and I found it was due to the spring that pushes the target against the ledge.. it had compressed just enough to not hold it on the ledge. I took it off, stretched it and put it back in. Havent had an issue since.

#8231 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I had an issue with mine not staying up and I found it was due to the spring that pushes the target against the ledge.. it had compressed just enough to not hold it on the ledge. I took it off, stretched it and put it back in. Havent had an issue since.

I never thought of that. Thanks!

#8232 3 years ago

Anyone have any experience with this mod? https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1058-yoyokopter-mods/00752-save-post-for-ghostbusters-by-yoyokopter

Curious if anyone has installed them and their thoughts.

#8233 3 years ago

I have mudflaps sound mod code in my machine for the last couple months. I noticed my right ramp diverter wasnt working to put the ball in the storage facility. I thought i had a switch issue. I put the stern code back on and the diverter works fine. Anyone else have this issue? BTW its on a Pro

#8234 3 years ago

I have mudflaps sound mod code in my machine for the last couple months. I noticed my right ramp diverter wasnt working to put the ball in the storage facility. I thought i had a switch issue. I put the stern code back on and the diverter works fine. Anyone else have this issue? BTW its on a Pro

That's weird. I've had the same code in my pro ever since it came out with the new code and have never had a problem.

#8235 3 years ago

So, the “god mode“ that’s been implemented into the new code...is there a way to start that without going into the settings and turning it on? Flipper button combination?

#8236 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

So, the “god mode“ that’s been implemented into the new code...is there a way to start that without going into the settings and turning it on? Flipper button combination?

Nope

#8237 3 years ago

Well, that’s not very convenient when you want to just play a quick game of Are You a God. Bummer!

#8238 3 years ago

It honestly takes maybe 30 secs . It is a really cool mode to check out . Not that big of a deal . You play it a couple of time s then switch it back . It would be cool if you could hold down the flippers to activate it like the modes on JP , but still cool never the less .

#8239 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I originally asked dwight to put it in as a mod which he did and then I asked if it could be started which in regular game play mod as would be even better with no answer / response. It would be good to have access from regular game play mode for arcade play as well.

#8240 3 years ago

Hey folks, I just picked up a GB Pro. It works well, only very slight issue I am having is that the subway eject really pops the ball up more than pushes it out. I lowered the power setting but didn't know if there was a better known tweak. The problem with the power setting is that I want it to get to the left flipper, but to be strong enough to get there it's gonna bounce quite a bit.

-ben

#8241 3 years ago
Quoted from monsterbaldy:

Hey folks, I just picked up a GB Pro. It works well, only very slight issue I am having is that the subway eject really pops the ball up more than pushes it out. I lowered the power setting but didn't know if there was a better known tweak. The problem with the power setting is that I want it to get to the left flipper, but to be strong enough to get there it's gonna bounce quite a bit.
-ben

Hi, I had the very same issue. There was no rhyme or reason for why it started happening. I could hit the pinball in the air with the left flipper on like power 15.
I didn't want to know what would have happened at max power.

The solution for me...
Cliff over at passionforpinball.com sells a stern diamond kickout protector. He doesn't advertise it with the Ghostbusters package but this little guy, number one, is good to have if you don't have one as it will keep that wooden cutout from rounding out over time, number two, can give you the ability to adjust the height at which the ball sits in the storage facility eject. You install from underneath, and the top, on mine, currently sits a hair below the surface which in turn makes the ball sit a tiny bit higher then it would normally when contacting the wood alone. Seems counter intuitive but it works and you can't complain about results.

Email him, mention he's recently help solve a flying ball out of storage facility eject on GB pro and you too want the stern diamond kickout protector to solve that very problem. If you don't have cliffys anywhere else you may also consider buying those as well... You'll save yourself in shipping (unlike me)

#8242 3 years ago

I fixed the diverter issue in case anyone else comes across it. The screw on the side of the diverter was out to far. I screwed it in a couple turns now it work fine with the exception of sometimes it stays out.

#8243 3 years ago

Anyone have a set of Scoleri Bros Cliffy’s I can buy? Not trying to buy the whole $130 protector set. Thanks in advance!

#8244 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Anyone have a set of Scoleri Bros Cliffy’s I can buy? Not trying to buy the whole $130 protector set. Thanks in advance!

Email Cliff. I wouldnt be surprised if he sells just those pieces to you.

#8245 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I have a set never installed, will have to hunt around as packed away, but if you are interested send me a pm if you have no other offers

#8246 3 years ago

I bought this containment unit, Walter Peck figure and trap with the hopes of fitting it to my pro. I have recently sold my GB so if anyone is interested in attempting the mod, you can pm me. I also have the Ecto 1 hotwheel.

20200420_111723 (resized).jpg20200420_111723 (resized).jpg
#8247 3 years ago

Thanks swinks much appreciated. I ended up getting ahold of Cliff and he’s sending me a few though.

#8248 3 years ago

Can I join up? Just picked up a pro with 11 games played. Is that a lot? (joke)

#8249 3 years ago

I sold my GB about a month before the COVID thing happened. I miss it like crazy but now I'm glad I did it. I haven't advertised my mods in a while but for some reason I sold more in the last 2 months than I sold in a year. Did someone make a video with them I didn't see?

#8250 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Anyone have any experience with this mod? https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1058-yoyokopter-mods/00752-save-post-for-ghostbusters-by-yoyokopter
Curious if anyone has installed them and their thoughts.

Yes, total game changer for me. Without them I felt I never had a chance if the ball went in the direction of the outlanes. With them on I feel like it’s a 50/50 shot and more balanced. I can go further on one ball now. I would definitely buy them again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 103.00
$ 49.95
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
15,699 (OBO)
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/165 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.