IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
24FEB084-9AC1-4277-9840-A649D39F1484_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
E668B039-982B-4264-BE43-A3CFB54287D0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
A581A7CB-8588-4E31-88C0-22E3AE3C3039_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,383 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 248.
#8051 4 years ago

So I'm guessing I have a power flow problem somewhere in the line.

#8052 4 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Pins look good, I applied pressure both ways and no change. I noticed the same thing with two of the pop bumpers still one has good light the other two are still dim.

If you press on the little LEDs that are dim on the board does their light brighten?

#8053 4 years ago

No luck with any pressure. I'm at a loss.

#8054 4 years ago

No luck with any pressure. I'm at a loss.

Can you take a picture of the top and bottom side of the board? The drop in voltage as soon as you connect CN3 makes me think there's a short or bad LED, but I don't have a board here to look at.

#8055 4 years ago

When I power the game on the left Scolari led come on first before any other playfield lights also.

20200308_164946 (resized).jpg20200308_164946 (resized).jpg20200308_164957 (resized).jpg20200308_164957 (resized).jpg
#8056 4 years ago

I'm thinking of just ordering a new board.

#8057 4 years ago

All the other leds on the board work.

#8058 4 years ago

When I power the game on the left Scolari led come on first before any other playfield lights also.[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm thinking the transistor is shorted for Scolari. Do you have probes with a fine enough tip to test those points? Also, can you get a closeup of the teeny transistor by the Scolari LED (LED19) so I can see what it even is? It's too small to read in the board picture.

Also, I'd check with Borygard here on Pinside about repairing the board before I bought a new one. It should be much cheaper.

#8059 4 years ago

I have probes small enough to check but I'm not sure how to test those transistors if that's what they are

20200308_172051 (resized).jpg20200308_172051 (resized).jpg
#8060 4 years ago

I have probes small enough to check but I'm not sure how to test those transistors if that's what they are[quoted image]

You've got three of them right there, so comparison should out the bad one. I'm assuming Q20 on the back corresponds to CN3 pin 4 on the other side.

I *think* the lead marked "G" are the pins going to ground. Basically set your meter to ohms and check the resistance with the red and black probes between 1 and G, then 2 and G, then 1 and 2 and then reverse the leads on the points, noting the values on each of the 6 tests. Then compare those readings to the transistors on the other two. My *guess* is that it should show you that the first transistor is shorted open.
ghostbusters-light-board (resized).jpgghostbusters-light-board (resized).jpg

#8061 4 years ago

Hi everyone. I recently joined the club, and i'm enjoying my Premium tremendously. However i have an issue, that i understand is very common.

On my machine it is practically impossible to make the small right ramp. The balI simply doesn't make it up the ramp more than perhaps 1-2 out of 10 shots. Even with the left flipper power set to strong. I read somewhere to check that the metal guides were curved and following the plastic ramp correctly. And that does seem to be the case. There are no gaps to speak of.

I also read about putting in a shorter hex spacer. Being from Denmark, i have a hard time converting your measurements to millimeters or centimeters. But i tried taking out the original one, and it seems to be exactly 50mm long. Can anyone tell me the exact size i should replace it with? I dont know how much shorter to make it? I would like to go as short as possible to help make the shot as easy as possible.

And a bonus question: On the left slingshot, where tha ramp attaches, i seem to have a small angled piece of metal with a hole in it, as if something should have been mounted there? Do you guys have that too? I'll se if i can upload a picture of it a little later.

#8062 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Hi everyone. I recently joined the club, and i'm enjoying my Premium tremendously. However i have an issue, that i understand is very common.
On my machine it is practically impossible to make the small right ramp. The balI simply doesn't make it up the ramp more than perhaps 1-2 out of 10 shots. Even with the left flipper power set to strong. I read somewhere to check that the metal guides were curved and following the plastic ramp correctly. And that does seem to be the case. There are no gaps to speak of.
I also read about putting in a shorter hex spacer. Being from Denmark, i have a hard time converting your measurements to millimeters or centimeters. But i tried taking out the original one, and it seems to be exactly 50mm long. Can anyone tell me the exact size i should replace it with? I dont know how much shorter to make it? I would like to go as short as possible to help make the shot as easy as possible.
And a bonus question: On the left slingshot, where tha ramp attaches, i seem to have a small angled piece of metal with a hole in it, as if something should have been mounted there? Do you guys have that too? I'll se if i can upload a picture of it a little later.

I cut off mine in this measure. 42mm

#8063 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You've got three of them right there, so comparison should out the bad one. I'm assuming Q20 on the back corresponds to CN3 pin 4 on the other side.
I *think* the lead marked "G" are the pins going to ground. Basically set your meter to ohms and check the resistance with the red and black probes between 1 and G, then 2 and G, then 1 and 2 and then reverse the leads on the points, noting the values on each of the 6 tests. Then compare those readings to the transistors on the other two. My *guess* is that it should show you that the first transistor is shorted open.
[quoted image]

Ugh I thought I posted the numbers last night. I think it was Q20 that didnt give me readings on both posts.

#8064 4 years ago

Ugh I thought I posted the numbers last night. I think it was Q20 that didnt give me readings on both posts.

Makes sense as Scolari is locked on. That's likely your bad part. Unfortunately, I can't read what part number that is to replace it. You may have to end up sending it out to Rob (Borygard) to fix for you.

#8065 4 years ago

I ordered a new board just case. I'll see about getting this one fixed also for sure. Thank you for all the help

#8066 4 years ago

I ordered a new board just case. I'll see about getting this one fixed also for sure. Thank you for all the help

Definitely check with Rob as I think the repair is likely cheaper (for future reference).

#8067 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the playfield for the misspelled "reinforcement" insert. If you have that, it's an initial run playfield (the run that had issues).[quoted image]

Is that really accurate? I mean mine has build date of July 2018 and I don't think it would be associated with an early batch run playfield?

I may be wrong but just curious on your thoughts.

#8068 4 years ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Is that really accurate? I mean mine has build date of July 2018 and I don't think it would be associated with an early batch run playfield?
I may be wrong but just curious on your thoughts.

Only the early run playfields had the misspelling. They were set aside and the spelling fixed once Stern was made aware. Stern later used them again when they thought no one was looking to clear backstock of the incorrectly spelled part. Lots of new European ones popped up later with the "bad" playfields. Maybe they thought since it was in English no one would notice in Europe.

#8069 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Only te early run playfields had the misspelling. Stern recycled them when they thought no one was looking. Lots of new European ones popped up later with the "bad" playfields. Maybe they thought since it was in English no one would notice in Europe.

But I'm not European nor was the place I bought it from when it was NIB...

Let's just assume this playfield is "bad". What other indicators would there be? No ghosting thus far, but I'm not entirely sure what the hell that is, lol.

I mean maybe it's possible that this playfield at one point was bad and when they replaced someone's under warranty (read some were lucky to get that) they fixed the problem with the "bad" playfield and put it in there later builds?

Do the playfields have timestamps?

#8070 4 years ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

But I'm not European nor was the place I bought it from when it was NIB...
Let's just assume this playfield is "bad". What other indicators would there be? No ghosting thus far, but I'm not entirely sure what the hell that is, lol.
I mean maybe it's possible that this playfield at one point was bad and when they replaced someone's under warranty (read some were lucky to get that) they fixed the problem with the "bad" playfield and put it in there later builds?
Do the playfields have timestamps?

Is reinforcement misspelled on the insert? Pretty easy to tell if you have one.

#8071 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is reinforcement misspelled on the insert? Pretty easy to tell if you have one.

Yes, hence my questions

#8072 4 years ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Yes, hence my questions

You have a playfield from the original run, then. If you can live with the spelling error and there are no other issues, there's not much you can do about it now, which I'm sure is why Stern pulled this.

#8073 4 years ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Yes, hence my questions

I mean a few days ago you said to watch out for playfields that have that problem without really expanding. Imagine my surprise when my July '18 build has that, that was NIB 2 months ago.

So just curious on what I should watch out for, cause clearly Stern didnt seem to care to put this playfield on a game that was 2 years in production

#8074 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You have a playfield from the original run, then. If you can live with the spelling error and there are no other issues, there's not much you can do about it now, which I'm sure is why Stern pulled this.

I love being the lucky one!

#8075 4 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

I cut off mine in this measure

Screenshot_20200309-205324 (resized).png

Thank you for replying. But i am a little confused....

I clearly see the LED saying 38.7mm, but according to the markings on the calipers, it seems to be more like 45mm ?

#8076 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don’t think this is a accurate detail. I don’t think they ever fixed the misspelling on PRO playfield. My GB is from late 2018 and still is misspelled.

#8077 4 years ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

I love being the lucky one!

I have one as well. Original owner of NIB and I have no issues. Iam very happy with my game never selling it will give it to my son one day.i think it’s cool it’s misspelled. Just shows we are human!

#8078 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I have one as well. Original owner of NIB and I have no issues. Iam very happy with my game never selling it will give it to my son one day.i think it’s cool it’s misspelled. Just shows we are human!

Remember the misspelling on spiderman didn't cause any issues in sales lol

#8079 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Truth be told I am in the same camp. But I thought I read the early playfields had other issues as well, ones that mattered more, which is why I was asking the question.

As far as I can tell mine is playing and looking great as well...

Don't usually misprints resale for more? Heh

#8080 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I don’t think this is a accurate detail. I don’t think they ever fixed the misspelling on PRO playfield. My GB is from late 2018 and still is misspelled.

Ah, Pro. I only know the Prem/LE, so you may be right.

#8081 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I didn't mean to be like oh you are wrong. I certainly didn't know about any of these differences. I just had to ask the question though.

#8082 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Thank you for replying. But i am a little confused....
I clearly see the LED saying 38.7mm, but according to the markings on the calipers, it seems to be more like 45mm ?

Now saw that it was wrong. It should be 42mm

#8083 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I am also not 100% not sure on this.
But my game is late 2018 which is still misspelled. But all Pros I have seen do have that typo. Maybe some Pro owners can check theirs and give feedback...

#8084 4 years ago

I am sure all pros have the misspelling and Stern never fixed the pro's

#8085 4 years ago

I have a December 2018 Pro with the misspelling.

#8086 4 years ago

My Nov 11 2016 build Premium has the correct spelling.

#8087 4 years ago

I don't think we need a 100 vote tallies at this point. It was not my intention with my initial question/concern to flood the forum with "ayes" and "nays".

#8088 4 years ago

So the new light board fixed the Scolari LED, but the Storage Facility, Super Jackpot, Stacked Books, and two Pop Bumpers are still barely lighting. The are getting power but are very dim. Could they be bad? I do have some new ones coming in the mail tomorrow.

#8089 4 years ago

So... I’m playing the current code on volume 1, and randomly the game puts a person on the DMB who SCREAMS at me at a high volume, much louder than volume 1. It seemed like a weird glitch and not related to anything I did in the game. Creepy... What was that??

#8090 4 years ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

Creepy... What was that??

Yeah it's a scream that happens every so often, not related to anything

#8091 4 years ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

So... I’m playing the current code on volume 1, and randomly the game puts a person on the DMB who SCREAMS at me at a high volume, much louder than volume 1. It seemed like a weird glitch and not related to anything I did in the game. Creepy... What was that??

You can turn it off in the settings. Most people do. It's annoying.

#8092 4 years ago

Question on the single LED boards for inserts. If the little diode, or transistor I'm not sure what it is. cause the LED itself to no work properly? Like only barley light?

#8093 4 years ago

Question on the single LED boards for inserts. If the little diode, or transistor I'm not sure what it is. cause the LED itself to no work properly? Like only barley light?

Yeah. The boards are dirt cheap to replace at Pinball Life. They have them for less than $2 each.

#8094 4 years ago

Ok cool I have four of them arriving tomorrow. If that works I'll have to order the pop bumper ones.

#8095 4 years ago

Ok cool I have four of them arriving tomorrow. If that works I'll have to order the pop bumper ones.

I haven't opened the pop bumpers on Ghostbusters. Are the boards the same as the ones for the inserts? On Iron Maiden they are not. Also, the single LED boards have White and full RGB versions, so you have to make sure you have the right ones there, too.

#8096 4 years ago

The pop bumpers are different. I'll need to order those if this fix works. As far as I can tell the stacked books, super jackpot, and storage facility are white. After replacing the board I cant think of anything else other than new leds. Hopefully the new ones will work.

#8097 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can turn it off in the settings. Most people do. It's annoying.

I love that feature, but man, they really need a volume control for it. I had to turn it off also because its just too loud.

#8098 4 years ago

Finally got around to installing color dmd and wondering why slimmer is blue?

#8099 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Finally got around to installing color dmd and wondering why slimmer is blue?

Thats strange. I dont have that issue.

#8100 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thats strange. I dont have that issue.

Could it be an adjustment ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, MD
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
There are 12,383 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 248.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/162 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.