IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
24FEB084-9AC1-4277-9840-A649D39F1484_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
E668B039-982B-4264-BE43-A3CFB54287D0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
A581A7CB-8588-4E31-88C0-22E3AE3C3039_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,383 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 248.
#8001 4 years ago

cpr9999 Any idea where one would score this Hex spacer? 1 5/8" (or 1 3/4")

#8002 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

cpr9999 Any idea where one would score this Hex spacer? 1 5/8" (or 1 3/4")

https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=hex%20spacer

#8003 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob55:

I emailed MezelMods a couple times now letting them know there is real interest from several people on Pinside to purchase the mod but unfortunately I have not received any response. Maybe if we all flood their inbox it might work lol.

I did as well! Hoping it sparks them to make more!

#8004 4 years ago

Just online with Pinball Life looking to order a real knocker kit for GB LE and EHOH LE but when looking in the backbox of my GB LE, there is an assembly on the lower left that has 2 23-800 coils installed, with coil sleeve in each but there is no coil post. What is this assembly for?

#8005 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Just online with Pinball Life looking to order a real knocker kit for GB LE and EHOH LE but when looking in the backbox of my GB LE, there is an assembly on the lower left that has 2 23-800 coils installed, with coil sleeve in each but there is no coil post. What is this assembly for?

That's some kind of interference filter for the speakers. I remember when I upgraded to flipper fidelity I took them out. It's nothing to do with a knocker

#8006 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That's some kind of interference filter for the speakers. I remember when I upgraded to flipper fidelity I took them out. It's nothing to do with a knocker

Crazy sounding but must be true if you had to yank them out

Thanks for sharing.

#8007 4 years ago

Can anyone point me towards the installation guide for Modfather's subway mod / LED?

#8008 4 years ago

I’ve had something strange going on with my library scoop.
Not all the time but maybe 3 or 4 times out of 10, when I hit it the extra ball/tobins or scene that is lit isn’t given. The ball just gets ejected straight away.
Not sure if this is a bug or if mine is playing up.
The switch is registering in test and when it goes in the scoop it is ejected almost immediately.
Any ideas?

#8009 4 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I’ve had something strange going on with my library scoop.
Not all the time but maybe 3 or 4 times out of 10, when I hit it the extra ball/tobins or scene that is lit isn’t given. The ball just gets ejected straight away.
Not sure if this is a bug or if mine is playing up.
The switch is registering in test and when it goes in the scoop it is ejected almost immediately.
Any ideas?

Switch is loose underneath, or needs the wire adjusted, or one of the switch legs is about to fall off (check that they're all firmly attached). What's happening is it's registering momentarily, but not STAYING registered. Common for that scoop. Happened on KISS, too. Test mode is not a reliable indicator in this specific circumstance due to the frequency of it happening and that you need the ball at speed to test it properly, not a finger, or dropping a ball in.

#8010 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

I did as well! Hoping it sparks them to make more!

Hi all,

Got the following update on the Walking Stay Puff Mod from Mezel Mods:

We are waiting on the manufacturer to produce another batch of the boards so that this product can be sold. Until such a time as that happens, we are in a holding pattern, unfortunately. The manufacturer has a serious family health issue which is delaying manufacturing.

Mezel mods said they would alert as to when the part once again becomes available.

#8011 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Hi all,
We are waiting on the manufacturer to produce another batch of the boards so that this product can be sold. Until such a time as that happens, we are in a holding pattern, unfortunately. The manufacturer has a serious family health issue which is delaying manufacturing.
Mezel mods said they would alert as to when the part once again becomes available.

Thanks, I seem to recall they have a link on that product page to notify you when it is available. I did fill it out.

#8012 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Hi all,

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know the response you got.

On a side note: Wanting to install a shaker motor. I saw a while back there were issues with the shakers from Pinball Life. Can anyone confirm those are issues are resolved and this one here is okay to put in? https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

#8013 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob55:

On a side note: Wanting to install a shaker motor. I saw a while back there were issues with the shakers from Pinball Life. Can anyone confirm those are issues are resolved and this one here is okay to put in? https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

So... just purchase the Stern shaker! lol

#8014 4 years ago

Great game.

#8015 4 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

So... just purchase the Stern shaker! lol

Yea...tried that. Sold out.

#8016 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob55:

Terry from Pinball Life told me the issues with their Spike system shaker motors have long been resolved.

#8017 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Terry from Pinball Life told me the issues with their Spike system shaker motors have long been resolved.

Agreed, I don't have any issues with mine...

#8018 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Hi all,

I think Tim was making these.
Looks like his website is down???

https://www.timspinballmods.com/

Anyone know what’s up?

#8019 4 years ago

Tim has been out of the mod business for a few years now.

#8020 4 years ago

DON’T CROSS THE STREAMS
!!

1230477D-FEF7-432B-836C-7F0DCC8B8AA4 (resized).jpeg1230477D-FEF7-432B-836C-7F0DCC8B8AA4 (resized).jpeg
#8021 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

DON’T CROSS THE STREAMS
!![quoted image]

Cool! Want.

#8022 4 years ago

DON’T CROSS THE STREAMS
!![quoted image]

Sweet. Interactive?

#8023 4 years ago

I had some more of these made up and am now selling them directly. 35+shipping
-
These were designed by me and manufactured by Cliff “Cliffy” Rinear.
They are grained stainless and look factory IMO.

F5ACB26A-3BE5-4C3C-AFDE-E1AB8C684DA5 (resized).jpegF5ACB26A-3BE5-4C3C-AFDE-E1AB8C684DA5 (resized).jpeg8E0D5DA3-A662-441A-AE25-8CA9602BBDDE (resized).jpeg8E0D5DA3-A662-441A-AE25-8CA9602BBDDE (resized).jpeg
#8024 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I had some more of these made up and am now selling them directly

I have these on my game. They are by far the best and do look factory. Thanks for making these...and Cliffy too

#8025 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Cool! Want.

If your looking to get this lmk

I can put you in contact with the creator

Yes there is a GI solid and then a trigger to a flasher feature

#8026 4 years ago

If your looking to get this lmk
I can put you in contact with the creator
Yes there is a GI solid and then a trigger to a flasher feature

I am also interested.

Quoted from TaylorVA:

-
They are grained stainless and look factory IMO.[quoted image][quoted image]

I would take a pair.

#8027 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

-

I may be interested as well. I am having a difficult time seeing where they install, though. Are they outlane protectors to avoid the cheap outlane hopping GB is prone too?

The guy I bought my Premium from installed a supposed aftermarket fix but I still get a fair amount of cheap hops and drains.

#8028 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

-

I need! Please PM me!

#8029 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob55:

I emailed MezelMods a couple of times now letting them know there is real interest from several people on Pinside to purchase the mod but unfortunately I have not received any response. Maybe if we all flood their inbox it might work lol.

Thank you all for your persistent emails regarding Stay Puft. Flooding the email is not exactly the best strategy- signing up to be notified when the product is back in stock is the best approach. Please do so from the product page on our website.
We've been in constant communication with the manufacturer of the board that powers Stay Puft for about 6 months in hopes to get another batch into production. Due to a family health crisis and other work priorities, production has been delayed- it isn't for lack of interest or demand.
Hope this helps!

#8030 4 years ago

How do I get a set of these

#8031 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I may be interested as well. I am having a difficult time seeing where they install, though. Are they outlane protectors to avoid the cheap outlane hopping GB is prone too?
The guy I bought my Premium from installed a supposed aftermarket fix but I still get a fair amount of cheap hops and drains.

These attach using the existing post in the outlane. Can’t say they will stop 100% of ball hops, but I think they definitely put it in the “that’s pinball” category rather than a cheap drain. The pic are the prototypes I made and are a installed on my game.

F4AB82D6-A471-4EDF-908E-11137FFF56F3 (resized).jpegF4AB82D6-A471-4EDF-908E-11137FFF56F3 (resized).jpeg
#8032 4 years ago

My premium has developed a problem. My Tony Scoleri insert stays litt, my Super Jackpot, and Storsge Facility inserts do not light at all. Also the stacked books inert does not light. I did a node board test. They all said no faults. Also there are no tech alerts. I also noticed while cleaning that only one popbumper led lights up good. Any ideas?

#8033 4 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

My premium has developed a problem. My Tony Scoleri insert stays litt, my Super Jackpot, and Storsge Facility inserts do not light at all. Also the stacked books inert does not light. I did a node board test. They all said no faults. Also there are no tech alerts. I also noticed while cleaning that only one popbumper led lights up good. Any ideas?

I would try reseating the data cables.

#8034 4 years ago

Thank you. I'll give that a try tonight. Gonna try pit the Louisville Arcade expo here in a few

#8035 4 years ago

Yep no luck. All wires and connectors are hooked up and still the lights are out.

#8036 4 years ago

Hopefully this is not a node board problem.

#8037 4 years ago

All the ones you're having a problem with except the book one are at the CN3 connector. Locate that connector (almost the middle of the 9a light board - page 28 of the manual pdf) and power on with the playfield up (and balls out).

If you have a multimeter set to DC V, put the red lead on the bottom of the CN3 connector (5v) and the black lead on the bottom of the CN2 connector (GND) and make sure you have 5v (I think you do because Scoleri is lit solid, but check that it's not overvoltage or something).

Then go to diagnostics and lights (LEDs) and select "ALL". While that test is running, and while watching the inserts on the playfield other side (you may need a mirror) put pressure against the long sides of the CN3 connector, first gently pushing one way, then changing to the other side and pressing the other way. If they light, you have a cold solder connection and just need to reflow the solder.

If they DON'T, try taking the CN3 connector partway up the pins and then reseating it to "scrub" the pins that may have built up resistance. And see if that helps.

See where you're at after those tests.

#8038 4 years ago

Had some fun adding some mods to my GB Premium today. Simple/cheap ones for now. Started with the air ball protector from CPR9999, thanks man! Dropped an Ecto 1 on it.

Then things really got interesting, I started in on the storage facility mod. For now I rigged it up with the current 44 bulbs in them. I went for a different placement though, I’m working on keeping it over the original bracket so to not cover up Vince Clortho on the plastic. I have both lights on the left post, but this also allowed me to keep the flasher, and point it toward the partially open door, as it also allowed me to keep the hinge. The down side is I currently have an exposed back as I need the flatter type of LEDs for better clearance, or maybe flex bulbs. I also might take the half that was cut off of the containment unit and flip it upside down and attach it to the back to cover everything up.

For now, it works. Need to add some spotlights. Pics below!

9AB2FFA1-6003-4AEE-8FF3-21E5B6B3EC3A (resized).jpeg9AB2FFA1-6003-4AEE-8FF3-21E5B6B3EC3A (resized).jpegD87E0484-0F89-4984-BA1E-A580FD25AA03 (resized).jpegD87E0484-0F89-4984-BA1E-A580FD25AA03 (resized).jpegAD877C30-B139-4BFF-8FCA-11432E854693 (resized).jpegAD877C30-B139-4BFF-8FCA-11432E854693 (resized).jpeg03C14103-BB16-435D-B3FD-3F0CFF4A648D (resized).jpeg03C14103-BB16-435D-B3FD-3F0CFF4A648D (resized).jpeg
#8039 4 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Had some fun adding some mods to my GB Premium today. Simple/cheap ones for now. Started with the air ball protector from CPR9999, thanks man! Dropped an Ecto 1 on it.
Then things really got interesting, I started in on the storage facility mod. For now I rigged it up with the current 44 bulbs in them. I went for a different placement though, I’m working on keeping it over the original bracket so to not cover up Vince Clortho on the plastic. I have both lights on the left post, but this also allowed me to keep the flasher, and point it toward the partially open door, as it also allowed me to keep the hinge. The down side is I currently have an exposed back as I need the flatter type of LEDs for better clearance, or maybe flex bulbs. I also might take the half that was cut off of the containment unit and flip it upside down and attach it to the back to cover everything up.
For now, it works. Need to add some spotlights. Pics below![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where on earth did you find that Storage faculty mod! I must have it for my premium! Can you please provide a link?

#8040 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Where on earth did you find that Storage faculty mod! I must have it for my premium! Can you please provide a link?

Haha, that’s exactly what happened to me. I saw it, and had to have it! It’s a Mattel toy I got off of eBay that you have to chop up, which was nerve racking but kept at it. Look up Ghostbusters Walter Peck. Make sure you get the one with the containment unit because they also sell his action figure alone. I am still going to clean up behind it a bit, as I moved lights around using all the original stuff from the stock containment unit. Other people got some thinner lights, which I think is a good move. I might get flexible ones or something, but for now, works.

E4C7F64D-D9DE-4091-9801-05324A91B454 (resized).pngE4C7F64D-D9DE-4091-9801-05324A91B454 (resized).png
#8041 4 years ago

I'm surprised nobody ever created an upgraded containment mod unit as stern's stock one is lacking.

#8042 4 years ago

I designed one but no real interest so parked the design,

here is my version 1, then I made a few tweaks to the design which improved it over all and have version 2 ready to install (no photos yet).
GB - Containment Unit 1 (resized).JPGGB - Containment Unit 1 (resized).JPGGB - Containment Unit 2 (resized).JPGGB - Containment Unit 2 (resized).JPGGB - Containment Unit 3 (resized).JPGGB - Containment Unit 3 (resized).JPG

#8043 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

here is my version 1, then I made a few tweaks to the design which improved it over all and have version 2 ready to install (no photos yet).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

looks great!

#8044 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the fact that the toy one has the wall, too. Gives some sense of scale to the device.

#8045 4 years ago

Hey guys,

Have a couple issues with my new GB Premium and I can't find a solid answer to either of them in the forums.

1. My right Scoleri target will not rise. I took the stock spring and extended it 10 coils to make it easier to drop but now it wont rise. Tried in test mode and it worked. Tried it in game; not consist in rising up.

2. The switch at the top of the left ramp does not consistently register the ball.

Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

#8046 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I like the fact that the toy one has the wall, too. Gives some sense of scale to the device.

Yeah, it was definitely the one for me when I saw it. I just placed it back where the original one was rather than pull it up to the Van Horne spot. Next, I think I’ll go for the fire station GB building plastics.

#8047 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

All the ones you're having a problem with except the book one are at the CN3 connector. Locate that connector (almost the middle of the 9a light board - page 28 of the manual pdf) and power on with the playfield up (and balls out).
If you have a multimeter set to DC V, put the red lead on the bottom of the CN3 connector (5v) and the black lead on the bottom of the CN2 connector (GND) and make sure you have 5v (I think you do because Scoleri is lit solid, but check that it's not overvoltage or something).
Then go to diagnostics and lights (LEDs) and select "ALL". While that test is running, and while watching the inserts on the playfield other side (you may need a mirror) put pressure against the long sides of the CN3 connector, first gently pushing one way, then changing to the other side and pressing the other way. If they light, you have a cold solder connection and just need to reflow the solder.
If they DON'T, try taking the CN3 connector partway up the pins and then reseating it to "scrub" the pins that may have built up resistance. And see if that helps.
See where you're at after those tests.

So I did the test. CN3 shows just under 5V. Like 4.4, 4.8v. NC2 shows 5v. I tested the LEDs also and they show just under 5v each. Tue left Scorleri shows just under 5v, and the right Scoleri the same.

#8048 4 years ago

Also the three insert leds are lighting but only slightly. So their getting power but not enough. When I remove CN3 and test the pins I get 5v, but 4 ish volts when its hooked up.

#8049 4 years ago

Also the three insert leds are lighting but only slightly. So their getting power but not enough. When I remove CN3 and test the pins I get 5v, but 4 ish volts when its hooked up.

Did you try putting pressure on the CN3 connector when its on, pressing left, then going to the other side and pressing right to see if it's a cracked solder joint at the 5V line?

Also, is the pin for the 5V at CN3 oxidized? Does the plastic casing for that pin in the CN3 connector look discolored?

#8050 4 years ago

Pins look good, I applied pressure both ways and no change. I noticed the same thing with two of the pop bumpers still one has good light the other two are still dim.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
There are 12,383 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 248.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/161 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.