IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
24FEB084-9AC1-4277-9840-A649D39F1484_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
E668B039-982B-4264-BE43-A3CFB54287D0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
A581A7CB-8588-4E31-88C0-22E3AE3C3039_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,383 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 248.
#7951 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

personally I don't like the clips as at times with vibrations they can slip off and risk shorting, if there is a plug in bulb use these
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/quick-connects
and then other connectors
https://www.cometpinball.com/collections/matrix

Thanks. Yeah I would prefer connectors like those above versus alligator clips. If I did want to move forward with the alligator clips can I safely connect them like above or should they each be on one GI build versus 2 like I have in the pic?

20200219_115620 (resized).jpg20200219_115620 (resized).jpg

#7952 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks. Yeah I would prefer connectors like those above versus alligator clips. If I did want to move forward with the alligator clips can I safely connect them like above or should they each be on one GI build versus 2 like I have in the pic?
[quoted image]

Perhaps you can strip some of the wire to be bare and then clip. This way you dont have to wire it like the picture. There are also those clips that grab onto a wire and "cut" into it.. a way of splicing.. I am not sure what they are called but they might help you as well.

#7953 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Perhaps you can strip some of the wire to be bare and then clip. This way you dont have to wire it like the picture. There are also those clips that grab onto a wire and "cut" into it.. a way of splicing.. I am not sure what they are called but they might help you as well.

It sounds like you're describing a wire tap.

#7954 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Every few games my Scoleri targets get “twitchy”... i can hear them clicking and see them barely moving up and down slightly. Then they sit quietly like they are supposed to for 10-12 games and then start clicking and twitching again. They function as they should aside from that. Anyone else have this going on?

This is actually the smaller coil that drops the drop target activating. I have it happen from time to time. Reseating the connector on the node board right under the PF that tie to the switches has fixed it for months at a time for me. I think it gets goofy from all the vibration and the connector hangs down. Not a lot of weight to pull itself down, but it loosens somehow.

#7955 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

Does it work like that? It looks like you have each connector on a positive side of the bulbs.

I always hook it to one bulb, but I don't it really matters for a GI hook up. However, I'd think you need/want to hook to the positive and negative.

#7956 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

It sounds like you're describing a wire tap.

Yes, thats it..

#7957 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

This is what I was talking about. Something similar. There are a lot of different types.

https://www.amazon.com/Ginsco-Terminals-Self-stripping-Insulated-Disconnects/dp/B01CDWC60Y/ref=asc_df_B01CDWC60Y/

#7958 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

This is what I was talking about. Something similar. There are a lot of different types.
amazon.com link »

Those are certainly more solid than clips.

Does anyone know the name (assuming there is one) for pin-like taps? I've seen them mentioned on here before and I don't know what they are called. They look like male bread board jumper wires. The end looks like these and you can "push" them into an excising connector instead of "Tapping" the wire:

https://www.amazon.com/Breadboard-Jumper-Wire-75pcs-pack/dp/B0040DEI9M

#7959 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Those are certainly more solid than clips.
Does anyone know the name (assuming there is one) for pin-like taps? I've seen them mentioned on here before and I don't know what they are called. They look like male bread board jumper wires. The end looks like these and you can "push" them into an excising connector instead of "Tapping" the wire:
amazon.com link »

Ive honestly never had an issue with alligator clips. I feel like they bite hard and dont come off...

#7960 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ive honestly never had an issue with alligator clips. I feel like they bite hard and dont come off...

Fully agree, I've never had an issue either.

I was just asking about the other "pin" type as sometimes I'm trying to tap into a connector (molex) and a "pin" is easier than other options.

#7961 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:Ive honestly never had an issue with alligator clips. I feel like they bite hard and dont come off...

Yeah. I did get the mod installed and powered using the alligator clips. I just zipped tied the wires to the existing wiring harness to help secure them in place a bit better.

20200221_165846 (resized).jpg20200221_165846 (resized).jpg

#7962 4 years ago

really like that metro mod but can you see the PKI lanes at the top?

#7963 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

really like that metro mod but can you see the PKI lanes at the top?

It does make them harder to see but its doable.

#7964 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It does make them harder to see but its doable.

Agreed. This is one of those mods that when you see it you feel like it should have been there from the factory. Love it. Mod Father made some great upgrades for this game.

#7965 4 years ago

Excited to finally be in the club! This beauty only had 90 lifetime plays on her.

IMG_1865 (resized).jpegIMG_1865 (resized).jpeg
#7966 4 years ago

Hey guys. Looking to buy a cliffy Storage Facility Protector for a GB Pro. Can’t seem to find one online at any of the stores recommended on the cliffy page. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#7967 4 years ago
Quoted from ShooterMcD:

Hey guys. Looking to buy a cliffy Storage Facility Protector for a GB Pro. Can’t seem to find one online at any of the stores recommended on the cliffy page. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

just reach out to cliffy and sure he will help you out

#7969 4 years ago

Good Morning All,

As of midday yesterday, I am now the proud owner of a Ghostbuster Premium, and to say I am loving it is an understatement! One thing I have noticed is that the slimer mech does not seem to be registering ball hits consistently. Is there something I can do to address this? Thanks.

#7970 4 years ago

Posted this in the Ghostbusters issues thread about a year ago. Hope it helps

Had my machine now for about 3 weeks. The Slimer mech would only count shots that were straight on for the most part and that wasn't bad. Last night for some reason, it wasn't even registering those. It had to be the perfect shot. I took off the top cover plate on Slimer, loosened the 2 nuts under it, moved the black block to the middle of the ovaled out holes, tightened the nuts to hold it in place, and installed the cover back on. It loosened up Slimer and now it registers pretty much any hit on Slimer. Thought I would share in case anybody else has this problem. Mine was a NIB purchase, so it has the updated Slimer mech on it.

#7971 4 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Posted this in the Ghostbusters issues thread about a year ago. Hope it helps
Had my machine now for about 3 weeks. The Slimer mech would only count shots that were straight on for the most part and that wasn't bad. Last night for some reason, it wasn't even registering those. It had to be the perfect shot. I took off the top cover plate on Slimer, loosened the 2 nuts under it, moved the black block to the middle of the ovaled out holes, tightened the nuts to hold it in place, and installed the cover back on. It loosened up Slimer and now it registers pretty much any hit on Slimer. Thought I would share in case anybody else has this problem. Mine was a NIB purchase, so it has the updated Slimer mech on it.

Thank you. This helped immensely. It seems as if the white ball was not fully seeded in the semi circle. Once that was corrected and put back together it works perfectly every time.

#7972 4 years ago

Is the right ramp supposed to be near impossible to make, or is it just me? I have no problem making the shot, but the ball rarely makes it up.

#7973 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Is the right ramp supposed to be near impossible to make, or is it just me? I have no problem making the shot, but the ball rarely makes it up.

Lower the ramp via a shorter hex spacer post (1 5/8”)

#7974 4 years ago

Here is a list of things to do to dial on your machine (note GB is a machine that requires a lot of dialing in; however once achieved it plays smoothly).

For Premium/LE (most apply to Pro):
Install cliffy's
Adjust height of drop targets
Adjust spring on drop targets (20-25 coils up)
Check & change balls
SLIMER butt nut - check slimer positions and butt nut
Put a washer under right ball guide (blue rubber bumper) to help playfield damage
Put mylar down in shooter lane Or install Cliffy's
Get the green spring for the manual shooter rod, and the high compression spring for the auto-launcher
Align flippers
Install the plastic air ball protector and right orbit protector (CPR9999 makes the best!)
Adjust the coil power in the service menu ADJ > G.B. > Feature Adjustment #11 - Trough Eject Power. Mine is set the lowest power 176
Check 14th street subway switch to make sure ball is changing switch state
Ball guide rod 1/4" higher - hit with hammer (behind each sling shot area - this prevents ball jumping in the drain areas)
Hex spacer 1 5/8" (or 1 3/4") - change this on the right plastic 1/2 circle ramp (this shorter hex makes it easier for ball to go up).

For those interested, in Airball protectors.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-ghostbusters-airball-ampamp-right-orbit-protectors

#7975 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Here is a list of things to do to dial on your machine (note GB is a machine that requires a lot of dialing in; however once achieved it plays smoothly).
Install cliffy's
Check & change balls
Put a washer under right ball guide (blue rubber bumper) to help playfield damage
Get the green spring for the manual shooter rod, and the high compression spring for the auto-launcher
Align flippers
Install the plastic air ball protector and right orbit protector (CPR9999 makes the best!)
Adjust the coil power in the service menu ADJ > G.B. > Feature Adjustment #11 - Trough Eject Power. Mine is set the lowest power 176
Ball guide rod 1/4" higher - hit with hammer (behind each sling shot area - this prevents ball jumping in the drain areas)
Hex spacer 1 5/8" (or 1 3/4") - change this on the right plastic 1/2 circle ramp (this shorter hex makes it easier for ball to go up).
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-ghostbusters-airball-ampamp-right-orbit-protectors

Thanks v much for this, super helpful!

#7976 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Install cliffy's
Check & change balls
Align flippers

Hi CPR9999,

Thanks for this.

Could you elaborate on the following points or show some pictures to help the clueless:

1) Put a washer under right ball guide (blue rubber bumper) to help playfield damage

2) Get the green spring for the manual shooter rod, and the high compression spring for the auto-launcher

3) Ball guide rod 1/4" higher - hit with a hammer (behind each slingshot area - this prevents ball jumping in the drain areas)

4) Hex spacer 1 5/8" (or 1 3/4") - change this on the right plastic 1/2 circle ramp (this shorter hex makes it easier for ball to go up).

I just got my premium Saturday and trying to get it 100 percent dialed in.

Thanks.

#7977 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Hi CPR9999,
Thanks for this.
Could you elaborate on the following points or show some pictures to help the clueless:
1) Put a washer under right ball guide (blue rubber bumper) to help playfield damage
2) Get the green spring for the manual shooter rod, and the high compression spring for the auto-launcher
3) Ball guide rod 1/4" higher - hit with a hammer (behind each slingshot area - this prevents ball jumping in the drain areas)
4) Hex spacer 1 5/8" (or 1 3/4") - change this on the right plastic 1/2 circle ramp (this shorter hex makes it easier for ball to go up).
I just got my premium Saturday and trying to get it 100 percent dialed in.
Thanks.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/Ghostbusters/GB-Nubfix-005.jpg
http://www.passionforpinball.com/Ghostbusters/GB-Nubfix-003.jpg
http://www.passionforpinball.com/Ghostbusters/GB-Nubfix-004.jpg

I have never needed a green spring for manual operation. auto.... I dont think this is a issue anymore, you can now set the auto plunge to the electronic limit, set to the lowest is what most do.

return lane protector, I pefer these... but in "clear" email ULEK he is on Pinside. https://www.ulekstore.com/Fluorescent_Blue_Slingshot_Return_Lane_Protectors_p/f_blue_protset_gb.htm

swap out the metal hex stud with a shorter one, to lower the right helix ramp to make it slightly less brutal
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/48#post-3571589

final thoughts, please purchase protection, Cliffys, ULEK, cpr9999

#7978 4 years ago

"Ball guide rod 1/4" higher - hit with a hammer (behind each slingshot area - this prevents ball jumping in the drain areas)
return lane protector, I pefer these... but in "clear" email ULEK he is on Pinside. https://www.ulekstore.com/Fluorescent_Blue_Slingshot_Return_Lane_Protectors_p/f_blue_protset_gb.htm"

That will not make the ball not jumping to the drain lane. You have to get under the playfield hammer the guide rod back a bit to get them higher. Otherwise the ball will hop in the outlane. These could also help - https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1058-yoyokopter-mods/00752-save-post-for-ghostbusters-by-yoyokopter

#7979 4 years ago

So I put in the LCD ColorDMD into my GB and it's freaking awesome... My question is, has anyone put any foam around the opening to cover the gap between the screen and the plexiglass? I don't like being able to see through the side but wasn't sure if that would damage the LCD screen on the ColorDMD so wanted to ask first... Secondly, when I first setup my machine my slimer was rubbing against the city model so I adjusted it so that wouldn't happen but it did affect how I can hit slimer for it to register so I was just curious if anyone else's slimer was hitting the city model and if so did you adjust it not to or was I being overly paranoid with a wear point?

Thanks,
Jeff

#7980 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

So I put in the LCD ColorDMD into my GB and it's freaking awesome... My question is, has anyone put any foam around the opening to cover the gap between the screen and the plexiglass? I don't like being able to see through the side but wasn't sure if that would damage the LCD screen on the ColorDMD so wanted to ask first... Secondly, when I first setup my machine my slimer was rubbing against the city model so I adjusted it so that wouldn't happen but it did affect how I can hit slimer for it to register so I was just curious if anyone else's slimer was hitting the city model and if so did you adjust it not to or was I being overly paranoid with a wear point?
Thanks,
Jeff

There is a gasket for the LCD version. I think ColorDMD has them or you can get them here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/02138-colordmd-stretch-gasket

#7981 4 years ago

the gasket is a nice solution, I just used tape around the display to ensure no light bleed. I use polarizing filters on all my machines so its black enough

#7982 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

There is a gasket for the LCD version. I think ColorDMD has them or you can get them here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/02138-colordmd-stretch-gasket

Face palm... Can't believe I missed that... THANK YOU!!!

Jeff

#7983 4 years ago

I did too so just ordered one. When I first installed mine I emailed ColorDMD to ask if there should be a gap. They acted clueless and never suggested the gasket.

#7984 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I did too so just ordered one. When I first installed mine I emailed ColorDMD to ask if there should be a gap. They acted clueless and never suggested the gasket.

Yeah given the shipping cost and everything, I'm going to try to make my own out of foam weatherstripping before I pay that much for the gasket... It's not that I think the gasket itself is overpriced but since I can't combine shipping now it's the shipping cost that hurts... If I can't figure it out after a trip to Lowes then okay fine, I'll spring for it...

Jeff

#7985 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Yeah given the shipping cost and everything, I'm going to try to make my own out of foam weatherstripping before I pay that much for the gasket... It's not that I think the gasket itself is overpriced but since I can't combine shipping now it's the shipping cost that hurts... If I can't figure it out after a trip to Lowes then okay fine, I'll spring for it...
Jeff

I have them on my machines. Its a perfect fit, so imo, its worth it.

#7986 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Jeff

let me give you some free advice... NO, its not worth it.

trust me when I say purchase the foam from ColorDMD or our Pinsider on PinMonk PM him... or order online from him as well.

https://www.pinmonk.com/cms/index.php/pinballaccessories

#7987 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Jeff

The results with foam weatherstripping will suck. I've been there. That's what I did initially before I gave up and designed the ColorDMD gasket, initially for myself, but eventually to sell. Also, the ColorDMD gasket material is completely different than cheap weatherstripping. The ColorDMD gasket is a neoprene blend (like a wetsuit) and most foam weatherstripping is many steps down from that in density and durability.

Also, if you get the color brackets for Ghostbusters, that plus the gasket (or some combination of gasket, color brackets, or Spike quiet fan kit) puts you over the top for free shipping.

#7988 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Was that before the ColorDMD gasket existed? It's weird they wouldn't suggest it since they stock it...

#7989 4 years ago

Just got it this past Fall. Yeah, I emailed them back and forth a couple of times and told them there was a gap between the DMD and front panel... thought I had installed it wrong. He didn’t understand so I just dropped it.

#7990 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Just got it this past Fall. Yeah, I emailed them back and forth a couple of times and told them there was a gap between the DMD and front panel... thought I had installed it wrong. He didn’t understand so I just dropped it.

Yeah, that's strange. They've stocked the gaskets I did for at least a year now.

It would be helpful if they had the gasket and the standoff kit listed on the product page for each game with the angled panels that needs them (KISS, Ghostbusters, Iron Man, Metallica, etc) as an option.

I can't imaging running a game without one now that it's an easy and effective option.

#7991 4 years ago

I am about to join the club with a premium that I will pick up but wanted to check and see if anyone has suggestions on what I should check on the machine when I pick it up. I know about ghosting and making sure Slimer is registering but is there anything else I should make sure of? Thanks.

#7992 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob55:

I am about to join the club with a premium that I will pick up but wanted to check and see if anyone has suggestions on what I should check on the machine when I pick it up. I know about ghosting and making sure Slimer is registering but is there anything else I should make sure of? Thanks.

Check the playfield for the misspelled "reinforcement" insert. If you have that, it's an initial run playfield (the run that had issues).

reinforcement (resized).jpgreinforcement (resized).jpg
#7993 4 years ago

Mezel has sold out of my Drain Busters and I was wondering if there was interest in my running another batch.

D25EF37A-FA6D-45EC-BA79-D0D24F33DCE5 (resized).pngD25EF37A-FA6D-45EC-BA79-D0D24F33DCE5 (resized).pngF48908D8-B02C-40E3-882A-ED32655CA813 (resized).jpegF48908D8-B02C-40E3-882A-ED32655CA813 (resized).jpeg
#7994 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Mezel has sold out of my Drain Busters and I was wondering if there was interest in my running another batch.[quoted image][quoted image]

I definitely would like a set! Please feel free to pm me.

#7995 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Mezel has sold out of my Drain Busters and I was wondering if there was interest in my running another batch.[quoted image][quoted image]

Would you happen to be the individual who also made the walking sty puff mod? if so, I would like one of those as well!

#7996 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Would you happen to be the individual who also made the walking sty puff mod? if so, I would like one of those as well!

I am not. I think they may have designed those in house.

#7997 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Yes i want one of those also.

#7998 4 years ago

Yea, me as well on the walking Stay Puft mod. Hopefully someone will make some more.

#7999 4 years ago
Quoted from EdHess:

Yes i want one of those also.

Quoted from Rob55:

Yea, me as well on the walking Stay Puft mod. Hopefully someone will make some more.

Do you think if we all send in an email and say get 5 or more people interested that MezelMods would be interested in creating a few more? In my opinion, this mod would add a highlight to this game like no other. Additionally, does anyone know who we could contact directly to see if we can arrange this?

#8000 4 years ago

I emailed MezelMods a couple times now letting them know there is real interest from several people on Pinside to purchase the mod but unfortunately I have not received any response. Maybe if we all flood their inbox it might work lol.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 12,383 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 248.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/160 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.