B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 250.
#7901 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Hello everyone.
Happy to say that i joined the club with a Premium today. Really happy with the machine that have had 1 previous owner and looks mint.

I have one issue i wanted to hear if anyone else experienced:

The left scoleri brother target wont stay up when done by tha coil / code. It just goes straight down again. Think it stays up maybe 1 in 20 tries when energising it in test mode. If i just push up the coil plunger with my finger it always stays up.

I recorded a slo-mo video showing it. In the video it seems like the vibrations are so strong that the small flap that pokes the plastic part actually hits it and therefor releases it. But that isn't the case. Even ih i firmly hold the release in place it still happens.

It just seems that it is the whole drop down mech that vibrates and flexes so much that the little "hold tap" on the plastic part slips off the edge...

Anyone else experienced this?

Post #3760 In the Ghostbusters Issue Thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/76#post-4248478att=5461197,1883965 caption=""]

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 9.35.10 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-02-09 at 9.35.10 AM (resized).png
#7902 4 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Looks like someone put a different spring and attached it wrong. I will tell you i have tried 3 different spings and continue to have issues with the left target staying up. I was at a loss and just learned to live with it.

Looks like standard spring to me connected in 2 places at the top.

You can move the original top of spring back to original connection point (not the screw). Then from there you can move it up a few coils... making it tighter and test while keeping it hooked on same original point.

#7904 4 years ago

The fix in his video is for targets that doesn't go down. My problem is the left target won't stay up. But i think i will play around with the spring and see if i can change anything.

Another question:

When i shoot the ball up the storage facility ramp, it's not always registered. I think there is only one switch on that ramp, right after the right turn. And if i test that switch in test mode, it's impossible for me to get the ball past the switch without it registering, no matter what i do (sliding it along both edges, center, "top" and bottom). The ball simply doesn't seem to be able to pass the switch without being registered. But in a game it happens! Very frustrating, as its quite an important shot.

Can it be a bad switch, and the speed alone that does it? Or what on earth could it be?

#7905 4 years ago

Thank you very much. I guess that would definitely be worth checking out.

Perhaps have a mate of mine print this enhanced version someone made:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:969909/comments

#7906 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

The fix in his video is for targets that doesn't go down. My problem is the left target won't stay up. But i think i will play around with the spring and see if i can change anything.
Another question:
When i shoot the ball up the storage facility ramp, it's not always registered. I think there is only one switch on that ramp, right after the right turn. And if i test that switch in test mode, it's impossible for me to get the ball past the switch without it registering, no matter what i do (sliding it along both edges, center, "top" and bottom). The ball simply doesn't seem to be able to pass the switch without being registered. But in a game it happens! Very frustrating, as its quite an important shot.
Can it be a bad switch, and the speed alone that does it? Or what on earth could it be?

"When i shoot the ball up the storage facility ramp, it's not always registered". Check the switch at the top of the ramp. It is a known issue that that switch does not register shots always, as they came out of the box. Just bend the switch leaf until it work, be careful!

#7907 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

"When i shoot the ball up the storage facility ramp, it's not always registered". Check the switch at the top of the ramp. It is a known issue that that switch does not register shots always, as they came out of the box. Just bend the switch leaf until it work, be careful!

Hmm, i think i already checked that. Like i wrote i am simply unable to move the ball (with my fingers) past the switch without it registers. Have already bent it out a little bit just to be on the safe side, but guess i'll try bending it just a little bit more.

Thank you everyone for your advice!

#7908 4 years ago

You can test the switch off course in the menu. See if it always registers. Mine had problems right from the factory.

#7909 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

The fix in his video is for targets that doesn't go down. My problem is the left target won't stay up.

You might want to replace this part:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-6163-01
This small part often breaks (it did on mine) and is necessary for the drop target to stay up.

#7910 4 years ago

#7911 4 years ago

#7912 4 years ago

okay, I’ll play. ...

#7913 4 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

okay, I’ll play. ...

My bad no game

#7914 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Another question:

I had this problem recently and it wasnt a problem with the lip that it sits on. My issue was that the spring that pushed the target sideways (not the longer skinner one that makes it go down), got compressed after time. All I needed to do was take it out, stretch it and put it back in. By stretching it, it essentially creates more pressure and it pushed on the lip harder.

It solved my issue of the target not staying up.

#7915 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

It solved my issue of the target not staying up.

Thank you for that tip. I actually think I solved it today. As some may have noticed in the video, the previous owner had stretched the long spring and attached it in the back of the assembly. Perhaps to make sure the target would go down. But I decided to try and revert that, and attach the spring the way it was supposed to. And lo and behold, the target now stays up. And after 7-8 games, it keeps staying up, and still goes down when hit.

So fingers crossed it's solved. If not, I am definitely going to try your fix, to put a little more pressure towards the plastic drop target so it doesn't flex as much.

#7916 4 years ago

So i just discovered that there are some new sound options available for my GB Premium. I read about a mix by "delt31" and a mix by "mudflaps".

Any thoughts on the two of them for owners in here? And are there other options available that i've missed?

#7917 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

So i just discovered that there are some new sound options available for my GB Premium. I read about a mix by "delt31" and a mix by "mudflaps".
Any thoughts on the two of them for owners in here? And are there other options available that i've missed?

I don’t think there’s a ‘better’ option. It’s personal preference.

Mine is available for both the Pro and Premium. It has GB 1 songs including Cleaning Up the Town, Magic and Saving the Day. On Our Own plays during the high score.

Delt’s version is Premium only and more prominently features GB 2 songs like Higher and Higher and On Our Own.

Try both, or stick with the original code if you don’t like them.

#7918 4 years ago

Thank you for replying!

I will definitely try out the both, and see if i like them better than the original. I actually think the original sounds are pretty good, but who knows, maybe i just dont know what i have been missing

I think i read something about a "cleland version" too? But i haven't been able to locate it.

Can't wait to check it out.

Now i just need to find a suitable SD card to put the software on...

#7919 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Thank you for replying!
I will definitely try out the both, and see if i like them better than the original. I actually think the original sounds are pretty good, but who knows, maybe i just dont know what i have been missing
I think i read something about a "cleland version" too? But i haven't been able to locate it.
Can't wait to check it out.
Now i just need to find a suitable SD card to put the software on...

‘Cleland’ is Pinside slang for any custom soundtrack. He did such a great job with TWD and GOTG that his name is synonymous with custom work.

It’s like Coke.
“What kind of Coke do you want?”
“Diet root beer.”

While he did not do GB to my knowledge, Cleland has done a ton of great custom work.

#7920 4 years ago

LOL, well alright then... Guess that kind of makes sense

I have actually heard his work on a GOTG. Really did wonders for that machine.

#7921 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

‘Cleland’ is Pinside slang for any custom soundtrack. He did such a great job with TWD and GOTG that his name is synonymous with custom work.
It’s like Coke.
“Diet root beer.”
While he did not do GB to my knowledge, Cleland has done a ton of great custom work.

And that is why these are opinions.. I didnt like the Cleland code for TWD at all... And I enjoy crude humor lol

Personally, I think the GB audio is great all around. I wouldnt change a thing..

Again, all opinions and worth checking out to see which you like best.

#7922 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

It’s like Coke.
“Diet root beer.”

Lol, and I have never heard anyone call any kind of soda Coke.. Thats new to me. But interesting all the same.

#7923 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Lol, and I have never heard anyone call any kind of soda Coke.. Thats new to me. But interesting all the same.

That's how it was growing up in So. Indiana. We even told the same joke! (but we never used diet root beer as the punchline )

#7924 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

That's how it was growing up in So. Indiana. We even told the same joke! (but we never used diet root beer as the punchline )

They also say Supper instead of dinner. Lol. Always messed me up.

#7925 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Interesting... i thought it might be a southern thing at first but noticed the poster was in NJ...

The only thing I see like that is saying Coke for whatever cola might be offered.. Rootbeer is not cola! lol

#7926 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Interesting... i thought it might be a southern thing at first but noticed the poster was in NJ...
The only thing I see like that is saying Coke for whatever cola might be offered.. Rootbeer is not cola! lol

I’m a southern transplant in NJ, so everything is still Coke. Plus I say ‘ya’ll.’ I’m like an alien.

#7927 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’m a southern transplant in NJ, so everything is still Coke. Plus I say ‘ya’ll.’ I’m like an alien.

lol hahaha

#7928 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

They also say Supper instead of dinner. Lol. Always messed me up.

Yes we did!!

#7929 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Your not hanging with the Jersey Devil again, Are you?

#7930 4 years ago

SPIKE noob question... Sorry

So i wanted to install one of the sound mods today. Got myself a USB drive, and a new SD card. Formatted both as FAT32

Copied the spk file to the USB, and then inserted the SD card in the backbox, followed by the USB stick, and then turned on the machine. And nothing happens. It just shows the Stern logo.

If i insert the original SD card i see the update menu.

So is it correct that i either need to clone the original card to the new one, and then update? Alternatively download the SD Card iso from the Stern website, write that to the card, and then update?

I was hoping that i could just insert a clean SD card and then firmware on the system would still allow me to update?

#7931 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

SPIKE noob question... Sorry
So i wanted to install one of the sound mods today. Got myself a USB drive, and a new SD card. Formatted both as FAT32
Copied the spk file to the USB, and then inserted the SD card in the backbox, followed by the USB stick, and then turned on the machine. And nothing happens. It just shows the Stern logo.
If i insert the original SD card i see the update menu.
So is it correct that i either need to clone the original card to the new one, and then update? Alternatively download the SD Card iso from the Stern website, write that to the card, and then update?
I was hoping that i could just insert a clean SD card and then firmware on the system would still allow me to update?

Did you switch the dip switch in the backbox?

#7932 4 years ago

I'm looking to join the club, anyone in Ohio interested in trading a TFLE for a GB Pro? PM me. Thanks Matt

#7933 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Did you switch the dip switch in the backbox?

No? Would that allow me to install directly to an empty SD card?

Like i said, i'm a SPIKE newbie, so its all pretty new to me. I'm used to burning U6 roms for WPC

#7934 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Like i said, i'm a SPIKE newbie, so its all pretty new to me. I'm used to burning U6 roms for WPC

Unless im mistaken, to install a new code, you turn the machine off, plug in the usb stick, flip dip switch 7 or 8 (I forget which one exactly), and then when you turn the machine on it find the new update on the SD card.

For the game code, you should be able to just have the spk file on the card.. simple as that. Just make sure its not in a folder or anything and its blank otherwise..

#7935 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Now im wondering if I am mixing this up with my Sam system and the dip switches.. Sorry, i feel like I am causing more confusion than help.

have you tried a different memory card? Also, make sure the file name is correct? I remember last time I did an update, I already had a code in my "downloads" folder and it named my new code xxx.spk(1). that number after it messed it up and wouldnt let it update..

#7936 4 years ago

The SD card has to have the boot image on it, then the new code will be copied from USB. Details and SD card image available here: https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

#7937 4 years ago

Every few games my Scoleri targets get “twitchy”... i can hear them clicking and see them barely moving up and down slightly. Then they sit quietly like they are supposed to for 10-12 games and then start clicking and twitching again. They function as they should aside from that. Anyone else have this going on?

#7938 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Every few games my Scoleri targets get “twitchy”... i can hear them clicking and see them barely moving up and down slightly. Then they sit quietly like they are supposed to for 10-12 games and then start clicking and twitching again. They function as they should aside from that. Anyone else have this going on?

Maybe they are afraid of your ball strikes? lol No idea you could clean and regap the switch blades for those mechs.

#7939 4 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

The SD card has to have the boot image on it, then the new code will be copied from USB.

Yeah i figured that out. Wrote the ISO file from Stern to s new SD card, and was then able to update that card with the modded code on the USB stick.

Works great, but I had hoped I would be able to keep all settings and scores when installing the modded sound spk. Unfortunately that does not seem to be the case, as I end up with factory settings, even if I clone my original card with my hiscores, and try updating that one.

As I understand it I have to do a full install?

#7940 4 years ago

I think I get that too, I hear sounds and thought it might be the slimer motor. Be interested to see if anyone has a fix or advise

#7941 4 years ago

Ok saw this today and figured it had to belong to someone in this group.

20200218_084411 (resized).jpg20200218_084411 (resized).jpg20200218_085152 (resized).jpg20200218_085152 (resized).jpg
#7942 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Ok saw this today and figured it had to belong to someone in this group.[quoted image][quoted image]

There are Ghostbusters fans that are crazier than a lot of us Pinball collectors! When searching twitter once for anybody talking about Ghostbusters pinball, I realized that just about every city in North America has a local Ghostbusters chapter/enthusiast group. These folks dress up and do the comic cons and a lot of them deck out their vehicles with GB stuff. I think a good portion of them even do charity work and whatnot.

#7943 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

There are Ghostbusters fans that are crazier than a lot of us Pinball collectors! When searching twitter once for anybody talking about Ghostbusters pinball, I realized that just about every city in North America has a local Ghostbusters chapter/enthusiast group. These folks dress up and do the comic cons and a lot of them deck out their vehicles with GB stuff. I think a good portion of them even do charity work and whatnot.

Yeah this guy was pretty legit he had speakers on the outside of his car and his DVD player inside streamed the audio through the speakers. The rear hatchback came up and he had proton packs in the back of this thing it was pretty wild.

#7944 4 years ago

Hi guys,

Does anyone have instructions for the Modfather Ghostbusters subway mod with LED's? I'm not sure where the lights need to be powered from. I tried emailing Modfather but haven't received a reply and don't see the instructions on the site.

https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/ghost-busters/products/ghostbusters-subway-mod

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#7945 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hi guys,
Does anyone have instructions for the Modfather Ghostbusters subway mod with LED's? I'm not sure where the lights need to be powered from. I tried emailing Modfather but haven't received a reply and don't see the instructions on the site.
https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/ghost-busters/products/ghostbusters-subway-mod
[quoted image]

Mounts to rail with supplies zip ties and route wire behind stay puff to below playfield. Connect to nearest GI light. Awesome mod.

#7946 4 years ago

Yes. This is happening to me. For quite some time now. I thought I fixed it once by retightening the connection. But they still get twitchy after a few games

#7947 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Mounts to rail with supplies zip ties and route wire behind stay puff to below playfield. Connect to nearest GI light. Awesome mod.

Awesome, thank you so much!

#7948 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Awesome, thank you so much!

Thats a great looking mod and one that I wanted but thought it would block the PKE letters at the top of the game.

Does it block them?

#7949 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just want to make sure I'm doing this right before I turn my game on. I've noticed that GI light terminals on GB have one end wrapped with tape or something from the factory. Can I connect one alligator clip to one terminal and the other to a separate terminal like below? These are lights for the PKE lanes.

20200219_115620 (resized).jpg20200219_115620 (resized).jpg

#7950 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just want to make sure I'm doing this right before I turn my game on. I've noticed that GI light terminals on GB have one end wrapped with tape or something from the factory. Can I connect one alligator clip to one terminal and the other to a separate terminal like below? These are lights for the PKE lanes.
[quoted image]

personally I don't like the clips as at times with vibrations they can slip off and risk shorting, if there is a plug in bulb use these
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/quick-connects

and then other connectors
https://www.cometpinball.com/collections/matrix

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 103.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/159 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.