IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
24FEB084-9AC1-4277-9840-A649D39F1484_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
E668B039-982B-4264-BE43-A3CFB54287D0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
A581A7CB-8588-4E31-88C0-22E3AE3C3039_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,383 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 248.
#7801 4 years ago

strange, spooked librarian and dom't cross the streams is in grey only....so there must be something wrong with the file??

#7802 4 years ago

another issues I now had a few times. During SF multiball, the machine resets? COmplete blackout and reset. Running code 1.17. Anything wrong here?

#7803 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

another issues I now had a few times. During SF multiball, the machine resets? COmplete blackout and reset. Running code 1.17. Anything wrong here?

Are you sure you're using the correct file? There is one for the chroma boards and this most recent update finally issued code for the older 1.2 &1.3 boards which I had been waiting for.

#7804 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Are you sure you're using the correct file? There is one for the chroma boards and this most recent update finally issued code for the older 1.2 &1.3 boards which I had been waiting for.

Pretty sure of you try the wrong code, it just isn't seen on the drive and can't be downloaded.

#7805 4 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

The Chroma ROM updates in November included some unannounced updates for Ghostbusters.
The announced 4.2 Ghostbusters release includes some additional fixes and support for older Rev 1.2 and 1.3x boards.

Thank you for the time and energy to provide an update!

Curious about Tournament mode, is there no love for these screens? They just look bland in grey or white

#7806 4 years ago

I went back to the stern screen, with the red filter, and all is ok. So the code from stern is ok. And the cables look ok to. Only difference is the power. The colordmd LED one uses CN06 and teh Stern just the plug that is there. Could that make animations look noisy and interfere witht he colors on some screens?

#7807 4 years ago

Does any of you have code 1.16 for me to share,I would like to go back one version to see if SFMB is ok there. I have all kinds of versions from Delt31 and Mudflaps but would like to test with the original Stern code.

#7808 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I went back to the stern screen, with the red filter, and all is ok. So the code from stern is ok. And the cables look ok to. Only difference is the power. The colordmd LED one uses CN06 and teh Stern just the plug that is there. Could that make animations look noisy and interfere witht he colors on some screens?

Seems like the colors are off. Go into your menu and change it to the opposite of what is currently set for.

20191223_141648 (resized).jpg20191223_141648 (resized).jpg20191223_141801 (resized).jpg20191223_141801 (resized).jpg
#7809 4 years ago

Running now 1.17 with normal screen. Will check again in the new year with the colordmd

#7810 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Okay ...
So who is trying to mod the Hallmark Ecto-1 Ornament to place in the game

Cmon I know i am not the only one whose thinking about doing something with it for the GB

I added it a few months ago. When it first came out. I didn’t wire the lights n sound in, but it looks amazing !!

AA5C2B88-7DBD-44C5-8942-642DB155313A (resized).pngAA5C2B88-7DBD-44C5-8942-642DB155313A (resized).pngE98276E5-296B-4F64-8523-DA1F93D600FD (resized).pngE98276E5-296B-4F64-8523-DA1F93D600FD (resized).png
#7811 4 years ago

Where is the best place to hook up the flasher and GI lights for PinStadium on Ghostbusters?
Thanks!

#7812 4 years ago

Today, I built my own lighted Ecto-1 mod for my GBPro. If you want details, here's my complete DIY report: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-lighted-ecto-1-mod-for-gb

Have a good 2020, and happy hunting!

20200101_141844183_iOS (resized).jpg20200101_141844183_iOS (resized).jpg
#7813 4 years ago

Is there a way to minimize / accelerate the Loopin' Supers Mode? Kind of a buzzkill every time haha. Thanks!

#7814 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

Is there a way to minimize / accelerate the Loopin' Supers Mode? Kind of a buzzkill every time haha. Thanks!

Miss the ramp? Haha

#7815 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

I try to time it out. I agree. It’s a bit of a buzz kill. But after it’s over things sure seem to pick up quick! If ya keep it going . Trap up. Backhand right loop, repeat.

#7816 4 years ago

I have no idea why you’d ever time that mode out. I was getting 100mm per ramp the other day.

#7817 4 years ago

Dumb question. Have a NIB GB Pro. I think my slimer arm is bent and out of place. Where is he supposed to come down on the playfield. Over 3x, over middle Lane? Obviously I can adjust him to wherever I want but I'm just curious if there is a position that is considered standard.

#7818 4 years ago

Should cover the lane to the pops and maybe over the 3x target just a tad.

The one on location near me allows you to graze him as you go up the ramp. It’s awesome.

#7819 4 years ago

My GBpro plays the same. Slimer sits between 3x and the flash-insert, and when he's down I graze him about 1/3rd of the time when I hit the ramp.

#7820 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Should cover the lane to the pops and maybe over the 3x target just a tad.
The one on location near me allows you to graze him as you go up the ramp. It’s awesome.

Quoted from oradke:

My GBpro plays the same. Slimer sits between 3x and the flash-insert, and when he's down I graze him about 1/3rd of the time when I hit the ramp.

Thanks!

How likely is a full manual plunge on GB to go around the orbit? Is it always smooth? I feel like mine gets caught up almost all of the time. Yet auto plunge doesn't seem to have issues, just manual. Thoughts?

#7821 4 years ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Thanks!
How likely is a full manual plunge on GB to go around the orbit? Is it always smooth? I feel like mine gets caught up almost all of the time. Yet auto plunge doesn't seem to have issues, just manual. Thoughts?

Plunger off centre to hitting the ball. May need to be adjusted

#7822 4 years ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

How likely is a full manual plunge on GB to go around the orbit?

You never want to plunge all the way around. You want to get your skill shot at the lanes.

#7823 4 years ago

I always full plunge since I like to start the scene (skillshot) with the Who brought the dog shot. With full orbit it lands on the left flipper to make that shot.

#7824 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I always full plunge since I like to start the scene (skillshot) with the Who brought the dog shot. With full orbit it lands on the left flipper to make that shot.

You can get both skill shots with the new code.

#7825 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Plunger off centre to hitting the ball. May need to be adjusted

Is center the best or maybe slightly above center to create a rolling top spin like in pool?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

You never want to plunge all the way around. You want to get your skill shot at the lanes.

I understand that the top skill shot area is preferred but I don't think I should always get it just by full plunging

#7826 4 years ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Is center the best or maybe slightly above center to create a rolling top spin like in pool?

I understand that the top skill shot area is preferred but I don't think I should always get it just by full plunging

It should be pretty well centered. You can loosen the nuts inside the cab that hold the shooter housing and adjust, then re tighten.

#7827 4 years ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Full plunging will completely avoid the top lanes, and you cannot change which lane you want once the ball has been plunged either.

You can then go for the secondary skill shot of your choice (also must be chosen before plunging)

Not sure if you have things mixed up here or not. Just sounds like you may not be understanding the way it works.

#7828 4 years ago

Regardless of how people think he should be shooting from the shooter lane, the ball should still orbit when given a full shot, so something is wrong..

#7829 4 years ago

Isn’t there a cover for the right orbit bend that helps with this?

#7830 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I installed that and in my instance, it didnt help at all.

Funny enough, my problem was different than his. My problem was with the auto plunger never making it around but doing it manually was never a problem. Luckily for me, the new code gave an auto plunger adjustment and now my problem is gone.

That curve there on GB is a bad design with the way the ball comes out from plunge.. but im sure its fixable one way or another.

Perhaps that cover might work for them. He needs to really take a good look at what is making the ball stop its travel.

#7831 4 years ago

I saw posted somewhere a very detailed proton back mini with 4 working Leds and that scrolling blue gauge but for the life of me can’t find where I saw this

Can anyone help

Thanks
James

#7832 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Regardless of how people think he should be shooting from the shooter lane, the ball should still orbit when given a full shot, so something is wrong..

Yes, thank you!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can you elaborate? How or why would this help?

#7833 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I installed that and in my instance, it didnt help at all.
Funny enough, my problem was different than his. My problem was with the auto plunger never making it around but doing it manually was never a problem. Luckily for me, the new code gave an auto plunger adjustment and now my problem is gone.
That curve there on GB is a bad design with the way the ball comes out from plunge.. but im sure its fixable one way or another.
Perhaps that cover might work for them. He needs to really take a good look at what is making the ball stop its travel.

I'll try to record it in slow mo

#7834 4 years ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Yes, thank you!

Can you elaborate? How or why would this help?

Because your ball is jumping when it gets to the orbit maybe. Keeping it down will allow it to feed around better. No idea if that’s your issue. Like others said you need to figure out what is causing the issue first then we can try to fix it.

#7835 4 years ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Good idea.

#7836 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Today, I built my own lighted Ecto-1 mod for my GBPro. If you want details, here's my complete DIY report: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-lighted-ecto-1-mod-for-gb
Have a good 2020, and happy hunting![quoted image]

Here's another good spot where that model Ecto can go, though I'm not handy enough to light it up like yours. The colours match StayPuft who looks like he's chasing it. Also a remote control Ecto for a topper which you can take down and drive around the floor!

20200110_093249 (resized).jpg20200110_093249 (resized).jpg20200110_093319 (resized).jpg20200110_093319 (resized).jpg
#7837 4 years ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

That will definitely help to figure the problem...

#7838 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

That will definitely help to figure the problem...

Is there a way to put the game in test mode? Or more specifically, open the two orbit Gates with the game not on or just in service mode?

#7839 4 years ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Is there a way to put the game in test mode? Or more specifically, open the two orbit Gates with the game not on or just in service mode?

Not that I am aware of but maybe others could chime in..

#7840 4 years ago

I noticed modes can be timed out by cradling up a ball, then toggling through the menus after the timer stops. When your menu toggle gets back to the game mode running, the clock ticks down again another 6 seconds each time (Repeat to finish mode while cradled).

I was on a Premium. Might work for Pro, heck might work in all modern Stern games that try (and fail) to stop the timer. Anybody noticed?

#7841 4 years ago

Hopefully this works for timing out spot on Munsters. I’m going to try next time I play.

#7842 4 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I noticed modes can be timed out by cradling up a ball, then toggling through the menus after the timer stops. When your menu toggle gets back to the game mode running, the clock ticks down again another 6 seconds each time (Repeat to finish mode while cradled).
I was on a Premium. Might work for Pro, heck might work in all modern Stern games that try (and fail) to stop the timer. Anybody noticed?

Can you explain what you mean by toggling though the menus?

#7843 4 years ago

<<Can you explain what you mean by toggling though the menus?>>

1. start scene (ie. "who brought the dog?")
2. trap up
3. wait for service menu to appear (notice mode timer also stops ticking)
4. scroll through service menu screens using opposite flipper button
5. arrive back at the current running mode on-screen

Observe mode timer start ticking down again 6 seconds each time you do this. Repeat steps #3-5 until mode ends.

#7844 4 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

3. wait for service menu to appear (notice mode timer also stops ticking)

Instant info. Not service menu.

#7845 4 years ago

Picked up a nice Premium yesterday. Needs some cleaning and new rubbers. I am having one problem. Sometimes the machine will look for the ball when it locks in the subway. Seems to only do it when there is one ball locked. I have done some reading and really don't have a good hand on how to fix this. I was thinking of bending the piece of metal that diverts the ball. Any good ideas? I did update the code last night also.

#7846 4 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Picked up a nice Premium yesterday. Needs some cleaning and new rubbers. I am having one problem. Sometimes the machine will look for the ball when it locks in the subway. Seems to only do it when there is one ball locked. I have done some reading and really don't have a good hand on how to fix this. I was thinking of bending the piece of metal that diverts the ball. Any good ideas? I did update the code last night also.

Look down in there when it's stuck. Once in a blue moon a slow ball will get hung up on that ramp and I have to nudge the game to get it to roll off. I keep meaning to try to shim the right side of that ramp down there, but it happens pretty rarely.

#7847 4 years ago

I noticed that when it got stuck this last time the plunger didn't seem to go far enough down and it caught the ball and pushed it back. I shimmed the mount that the plunger coil is attached to, and cut just a bit off the tip of the plunger. Ill play it and see how that worked.

#7848 4 years ago

Late bloomer to the GBLE club but Finally found a beautiful well kept example and jumped on the train. Great game I must say. Dumped a small fortune at TheModFather to trick it out and excited to play this game further. Long thread of info thanks for all the contributors.

#7849 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Instant info. Not service menu.

I think that is what was confusing me.

#7850 4 years ago

Hi, I have a pretty new Ghostbusters Premium and it's working perfectly except for one thing. I noticed recently that the Service Buttons / Volume Buttons won't work at all. They were working fine a few weeks ago, but nothing now. I don't see any loose wires or anything. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks! G

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 12,383 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 248.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/157 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.