IMG_1693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,419 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 249.
#7751 4 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Are you guys lowering the brightness on anything? I’m thinking maybe flashers and backbox while playing.

I turn down the backbox lighting during game play to 60%, I also turn down the insert lighting but can’t remember the percentage. I keep the GI 100%.

#7752 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Me too, my backbox during gameplay is at about 75%

I actually turn my backboxes completely off during game play.

#7753 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Another question for those with the Laseriffic topper.
It says to plug into CN6.. but I have a color dmd that already is plugged into CN6.
Any ideas?

As bicyclenut mentioned, the ColorDMD should have come with an adapter and splitter (SEE ATTACHMENT). This will allow you to hook the ColorDMD into the CN6 connection and leave an additional +12v connection to hook another mod into. Unfortunately...that extra connection is the SAM type +12v connection and not the CN6 type.

I have seen this mentioned on multiple threads and it is becoming a bigger issue. That open (from the factory) CN6 connection is getting way too crowded. Many mod makers are flocking to it, seemingly without any concern about where people are going to plug other powered mods into. I think it would have been best for all mods to have stuck to the classic SAM type +12v power connection and include adapters to hook into the CN6 or some other +12v open connection on the game if they would like to. As it is, getting splitters and adapters that use the SAM type connection are easy to find, easy to make and cheap. As for the CN6 connection....I have found one source to add 1 additional CN6 type connection (making 2 total) and it was $40. If mods had the SAM type connection, a person could get a more affordable 8 way splitter to plug into the CN6 connection and have plenty of room for other +12v mods to plug in.......as long as those mods are using the classic SAM type power connection.

https://www.pinballlife.com/8-way-power-splitter-board-for-stern-pinball-machines-using-the-spike-spike-2-system.html
ColorDMD for GoT & GB (resized).jpgColorDMD for GoT & GB (resized).jpg

#7754 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

As bicyclenut mentioned, the ColorDMD should have come with an adapter and splitter (SEE ATTACHMENT). This will allow you to hook the ColorDMD into the CN6 connection and leave an additional +12v connection to hook another mod into. Unfortunately...that extra connection is the SAM type +12v connection and not the CN6 type.
I have seen this mentioned on multiple threads and it is becoming a bigger issue. That open (from the factory) CN6 connection is getting way too crowded. Many mod makers are flocking to it, seemingly without any concern about where people are going to plug other powered mods into. I think it would have been best for all mods to have stuck to the classic SAM type +12v power connection and include adapters to hook into the CN6 or some other +12v open connection on the game if they would like to. As it is, getting splitters and adapters that use the SAM type connection are easy to find, easy to make and cheap. As for the CN6 connection....I have found one source to add 1 additional CN6 type connection (making 2 total) and it was $40. If mods had the SAM type connection, a person could get a more affordable 8 way splitter to plug into the CN6 connection and have plenty of room for other +12v mods to plug in.......as long as those mods are using the classic SAM type power connection.
https://www.pinballlife.com/8-way-power-splitter-board-for-stern-pinball-machines-using-the-spike-spike-2-system.html
[quoted image]

Correct. The problem with the Spike connection is that it uses that CN6 as you mentioned. I found a cheaper mod to use as an adapter for it that should work, specifically for toppers but it also adds another one of those CN6 type connectors as well as the 12v connector. Link below if anyone else is having this issue.

https://lightedpinballmods.com/product/taps/power-tap-for-spike-pinball-machines-with-molex-and-led-connector/

#7755 4 years ago

Okay ...

So who is trying to mod the Hallmark Ecto-1 Ornament to place in the game

Cmon I know i am not the only one whose thinking about doing something with it for the GB

#7757 4 years ago

Hey where can I get some lime green t molding for the backbox of my LE ghostbusters and what width is best. Thanks, Nick

#7758 4 years ago
Quoted from nicksfigures:

Hey where can I get some lime green t molding for the backbox of my LE ghostbusters and what width is best. Thanks, Nick

https://www.t-molding.com/green-t-molding.html

3/4”

#7759 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Okay ...
So who is trying to mod the Hallmark Ecto-1 Ornament to place in the game

Cmon I know i am not the only one whose thinking about doing something with it for the GB

Looks pretty good, already has the lights. Anyone figure out how to do this yet?

#7760 4 years ago

I was gifted one of those cool Hallmark Ecto-1's, now I'm just waiting on you creatives to figure out how/where to mount it, and how you're going to connect it for the lighting.

I'm all ears

#7761 4 years ago

It shouldn't be much different then the Hallmark Tron light cycles. Those were easy enough.

#7762 4 years ago

It seems pretty big. Maybe over one of the ramps or by the firehouse, but it doesn’t seem proportional.

Curious to see it mounted.

#7763 4 years ago

If anyone is interested, I made a few sets of these custom GB coindoor magnets. Looks great on stock black or custom red powder coated machines. PM me or check my marketplace add. $10 each + shipping.
IMG_3185 (resized).jpgIMG_3185 (resized).jpg

#7764 4 years ago

Ok so I bought the left air ball protector from Coin takers and once installed when Slimer comes down and I go to make the shot up the middle to Gozar target and pop bumpers the ball will not travel through. Slimers butt keeps bumping the plastic on the air ball protector. Is there a way to adjust Slimer so he is a little higher so I can make the shot?

#7765 4 years ago
Quoted from Electro0195:

Ok so I bought the left air ball protector from Coin takers and once installed when Slimer comes down and I go to make the shot up the middle to Gozar target and pop bumpers the ball will not travel through. Slimers butt keeps bumping the plastic on the air ball protector. Is there a way to adjust Slimer so he is a little higher so I can make the shot?

you shouldn't have to change the game to suit a add on.... I do remember some protectors needed a little modification

#7766 4 years ago

Figured I would post this here as well as the GB issues thread for anyone who might be able to help:

Have another issue with my machine. All of a sudden my left Scoleri Brother target will not stay up. Comes up and shoots right back down. Its not machine gunning... I took a quick look and I didnt see the drop ledge broken or anything out of the norm. When I do it manually to raise the target with my finger, it stays up.

Seems strange. Any ideas?

#7767 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Figured I would post this here as well as the GB issues thread for anyone who might be able to help:
Have another issue with my machine. All of a sudden my left Scoleri Brother target will not stay up. Comes up and shoots right back down. Its not machine gunning... I took a quick look and I didnt see the drop ledge broken or anything out of the norm. When I do it manually to raise the target with my finger, it stays up.
Seems strange. Any ideas?

Likely a stiff spring. Common on GB.

Lift the hood, remove the spring and very gently pull down until you loosen some of the tension. You should be good after that.

#7768 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Lift the hood, remove the spring and very gently pull down until you loosen some of the tension. You should be good after that.

Ill give it a try, thanks. Just strange that it happened now when ive had the springs in for years..

#7769 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Looks pretty good, already has the lights. Anyone figure out how to do this yet?

I also see it’s rather large but my thoughts was to disconnect the speaker and either hook to left ramp switch or the ghost target

Mounting should not be too hard

I bought a couple extra Ecto-1 hallmarks

I’ll see what I come up with and I’ll update

AFED6F90-74AE-4D77-8A02-7A2E11B43994 (resized).jpegAFED6F90-74AE-4D77-8A02-7A2E11B43994 (resized).jpeg
#7770 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

What actually fixed it was to extend the spring that pushes against the target, essentially to make it push stronger. That seemed to fix it.

#7771 4 years ago

Saw this on Facebook this morning. Look what this guy did to his GB. Very interesting mod.

What do you think??
FDD3E6D9-1BA4-43EC-A0C2-0BFA2FE764F1 (resized).jpegFDD3E6D9-1BA4-43EC-A0C2-0BFA2FE764F1 (resized).jpeg
C1668610-8534-40B7-A833-785C309A5253 (resized).jpegC1668610-8534-40B7-A833-785C309A5253 (resized).jpeg

#7772 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Saw this on Facebook this morning. Look what this guy did to his GB. Very interesting mod.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#7773 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Good Lord

#7774 4 years ago

"Interesting..."

#7775 4 years ago

I feel like a center post is a much better option, but it is an interesting solution, that's for sure.

I wonder how well that would actually work. Sure it makes the center drain smaller, but would it actually bounce balls back into play?

#7776 4 years ago

I cringe when I see someone has drilled the playfield - I guess the owner certainly has the right to. For me the center post is better, it's removable.

#7777 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I cringe when I see someone has drilled the playfield - I guess the owner certainly has the right to. For me the center post is better, it's removable.

The guy said on his Facebook post, "he has the center post that hangs down, but he doesn't like it. He decided that after playing a whoa Nelly that he liked the two posts below the flippers"

#7778 4 years ago

He also has the flippers aligned with the inlanes, so can never go back to how the flippers should be positioned.

#7779 4 years ago

Ill never understand changing the game to make it easier..

#7780 4 years ago

He should try his double post setup with some lightning flippers

#7781 4 years ago

So drill the PF instead of using carrot flippers? Ok then, have fun finding a buyer when you're tired of it.

#7782 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

What do you think??
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I think this is the best gee up of 2019!

#7783 4 years ago
Screenshot_20191220-023114_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191220-023114_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#7784 4 years ago

Very Nice !!

Although I’ve been nervous to update my game as many others have had issues

Im still at 1.16

#7785 4 years ago

I didn't want longer flippers.
3" is long enough.

I am very happy with the additional posts.
I did not like the center post hanging from plastic.
Removed that.
If you don't like it, then don't do it?
I have bought around 40 pins this year.
Only GB I felt needed such whacky help in order to make this a fun pin for my wife, employees, family & friends.
This game needed it.

20191220_064753[1] (resized).jpg20191220_064753[1] (resized).jpg20191220_064830[1] (resized).jpg20191220_064830[1] (resized).jpg

#7786 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

He also has the flippers aligned with the inlanes, so can never go back to how the flippers should be positioned.

There is no right or wrong way to set-up a pin if it's not yours.

You do whatever you want with your pins, and I will do the same.

This game was and is far from perfect when stern made it. So many air balls, and short game times.

Lots of frustrated customers.

Flippers are pointed right at the holes, as they were intended btw.

This is a used Stern Pro with tons of dimples on the playfield and hundreds of reviews that all say this game needs help and is very frustrating and cruel to play.

So what if I added Two small holes under the flippers?

haha (resized).jpghaha (resized).jpg
#7787 4 years ago

I'm confused. Is this different than the ColorDMD firmware update that came out last month around the release of 1.17? I did that update but wondering if I need to update again?

#7788 4 years ago

yeah, that does look cornfusing. Latest update was yesterday, but that conflicts with just below that says 11/6/19

I am going to update mine now anyways and see if something changed

#7789 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

yeah, that does look cornfusing. Latest update was yesterday, but that conflicts with just below that says 11/6/19
I am going to update mine now anyways and see if something changed

Let us know please. I find this strange also.

#7790 4 years ago

I think they originally had only updated the chroma boards, so this might be mainly for the older dmd's

#7791 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

I'm confused. Is this different than the ColorDMD firmware update that came out last month around the release of 1.17? I did that update but wondering if I need to update again?

Yes, it is a newest update from what I see it is for the older LCD. Hopefully, it will take care of any other non-colorized animated transitions in the previous release.

#7792 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Only GB I felt needed such whacky help in order to make this a fun pin for my wife, employees, family & friends.
This game needed it.

The man himself!

I'm pretty happy with the hanging center post myself but I'm really intrigued by your solution. If nothing else, for some reason, I really love the look of it.

How well do the posts work to bounce balls back into play? Did you drill all the way through the playfield and use a nut? or are they just screwed into the playfield?

#7793 4 years ago

The Chroma ROM updates in November included some unannounced updates for Ghostbusters.

The announced 4.2 Ghostbusters release includes some additional fixes and support for older Rev 1.2 and 1.3x boards.

#7794 4 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

The Chroma ROM updates in November included some unannounced updates for Ghostbusters.
The announced 4.2 Ghostbusters release includes some additional fixes and support for older Rev 1.2 and 1.3x boards.

Ok so I don’t need to update again if I have the newer LCD chroma board? Either way appreciate this update!!

#7795 4 years ago

I used a nut on the back, just like any post should have. They are very solid and have strong kick to them

#7796 4 years ago

Ok so I don’t need to update again if I have the newer LCD chroma board? Either way appreciate this update!!

It DOES include additional fixes AND support for older revision board. So just update. It takes less than a minute.

#7797 4 years ago

With the lates ColorDMD update, GOD Mode is now in full color. Yay!

#7798 4 years ago

God mod was in full color since the 4.1 update I don't understand what change in the 4.2 ????

#7799 4 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

God mod was in full color since the 4.1 update I don't understand what change in the 4.2 ????

Oh, then I missed that one. Went from 4.0 to 4.2.

#7800 4 years ago

Ok what am I doing wrong. Did the 1.17 code. Did the 4.2 color dmd
Some screens look strange with all colors. Some are not showing correct. Like the animations.

15770475900712798569963297225716 (resized).jpg15770475900712798569963297225716 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 12,419 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/156?hl=midway-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.